Start by marking “Jude (Lucky #3)” as Want to Read:
Jude (Lucky #3)

Jude

(Lucky #3)

Isha has spent the last year watching his BFF get his happily-ever-after. He’s proud of Dom, but…it hurts to see him so free while Isha’s love life is still on lockdown. Only Isha’s ex-wife knows the secret that he’s kept caged for so long—that he’s queer too, and he’s lonely.

Jude’s too chained to his work to notice what he’s missing by being terminally single, but a new
Published March 24th 2019 by Fox Love Press

To ask other readers questions about Jude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jude

Judith
"Tell me what to do,"he whispered.
"Tell me what you need."

As usual Garrett Leigh keeps it real with two complex men who are very different yet ended up working so well together.The writing is on point as usual,the subtle British humour is present,and the inclusion of the two other couples from the previous books incorporated into the story perfectly. I wasn't sure,initially,but Isha and Jude as a couple slowly but surely worked their way into my heart and they're a close second to Lucky and
Ele
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
It’s a sad day when I have to give a Garret Leigh book less than 4 stars. My friends know how big of a GL fan I am and this is a series I really like. Plus, Isha was a really intriguing character. I should have loved this book but it was just ok for me.

It was also a hard book to read because I have a snake phobia (a legit, diagnosed ofidiophobia) and the descriptions were very, VERY detailed and vivid. This is not the reason for my rating, but I figured I should mention it in case someone is in
Cadiva
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good, this is Garrett Leigh at her finest giving us two complex men with real issues which mean the path to happiness isn't always a smooth one.

There's also, as with many books from this author, an exploration of some of the difficulties which can face people living with a disability. In this instance it's epilepsy and the condition is handled with deft care and attention to detail in how it affects Jude and his daily life.

I loved that Garrett gave me such a wonderfully nuanced character who
Fabi
Garrett Leigh gives us two complex characters in Jude and Isha. Two men with established lives and pasts who come together due to fate which has a habit of complicating lives.

I really appreciated how these men were portrayed. They both had responsibilities, reservations, and a tough time talking about their feelings. The sex was off the charts hot. But watching them resist and then slowly accept their emotional connection was a real treat.

Another real treat was a decent ex-wife and a couple of c
Elsa Bravante
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Me ha gustado mucho más de lo que creía, esta serie no me está convenciendo del todo, el primero me gustó pero sin más, el segundo no lo leí porque no captó mi atención, y con este tercero no tenía muchas expectativas, pero al final ha sido un número ganador.
Garrett tiene el don de convertir lo que parece normalidad en algo especial. Dos personajes principales con vidas muy distintas, pero con mucha química. Me ha parecido realmente tierno, fundamentalmente Jude. Bonito.
Sheri
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
If Leigh writes a book, Sheri will read said book. It’s become a necessity and a matter of book law for me. This series has been marvelous. I truly enjoyed Lucky’s book and appreciated the second book, Cash. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect with Jude and Isha. Naturally, I was smitten and devoured it. I was rather surprised that the previous book held a subdued tone and I think this story maintains the same vibe. Garrett’s books always have a strong life force and this was a different sort o ...more
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I ended up liking this one more than I thought I would. There were some mixed reviews amongst my GRs friends.

Isha was a bit frustrating at times, but I liked him. And of course, I liked Jude.

And the snakes didn't even bother me.

Always a plus to get more of Dom and Lucky as well.

Solid addition to the series.

Ariana
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq, hot-hot-hot
After the rather (for me) disappointing book 2, this was exactly what I had hoped for!

We get two very different guys here.
Isha is a high-flying business man with two kids and an ex wife who is his BFF. Although his best friend (Dom from book 1) is gay and has come out, Isha has remained closeted, satisfying his need through hook-ups.
Jude owns a shop for reptiles, is pretty much broke constantly and tells himself that he is happy being alone. Having to cope with epilepsy also doesn’t help.

While
Snjez
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to Isha's story, but I ended up liking Jude much more. He is a very interesting character. I liked how he cared for animals and he was wonderful with the kids.

Isha was a mess. I couldn't really connect to him and I didn't see a reason for so much drama on his part.

I also didn't feel their relationship. After they hooked up, I'm not sure when or why it started to feel more. There weren't many tender moments and most of the time they were either angry at each other or angry
Annika
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The last book in the series missed the mark for me, so I went into this book without any expectations, good or bad. But, almost from the beginning of this book I knew it was going to be different. That it was going to work for me, it had a vibe to it. It spoke to me and I got invested in a way I never got with Cash.

Isha; closeted and bisexual and father of two adorable kids. In the past he hasn't exactly been the father of the year - being too busy working. However, he's trying to change and a s
Alisa

I was excited about this book but a bit hesitant. In this Jude owns a reptile business and I also have owned a reptile business. I was super excited this was his career as I have never read that in a romance story before but I was hesitant because I thought the author may mess up story in regards to reptiles (I've read some really wrong stuff over the years). As it turned out she did a great job with this aspect. Jude's passion for his animals jumped off of the pages and made me instant
.Lili.
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jude is classic Garrett Leigh. Leigh always does a fantastic job at writing flawed characters, and this book was no exception.

Things I loved:

- I enjoyed the relationship development between Jude and Isha's children.

-Jude himself. He didn't allow his disability to take over and instead continues with life as best he can.

-Mina. Thank you GL for not portraying her as a harpy.

And while I liked Isha, I did struggle with him a bit, plus, the push and pull also became frustrating for me. Push and pu
River
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, m-m
I don't know if it was me but this book felt really different from what I'm normally use to from Garrett, don't get me the wrong, this is not a bad thing.

Jude is the story that I wanted since Lucky came out. I felt drawn to Isha since he was first mentioned and wanted to know more of his story.

Jude and Isha come from two very different worlds and have lived very different lives.
While jude is a young man that struggles to keep his business afloat but always giving his reptiles all the love and
~nikki the recovering book addict
4 stars!

I stayed up late last night to finish this. So worth it 🤩

Jude and Isha’s story definitely was less exciting and drama filled as Rae and Cash’s. But I enjoyed this change of pace. This was simply a beautiful love story between one man and another.

The only thing was it was rather predictable. We all knew when Jude’s seizures were gonna hit. 🙊 But otherwise, it was a captivating love story I didn’t want to part with. Even with the predictable parts.

Such is the mastery of Garrett Leigh. Drea
Nicole
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has to be my favorite from the series so far!

I loved Jude so much and Isha and his kids.

Jude's and Isha's sexy moments were so hot and their chemistry was so good, I loved it a lot!
Despite both of them being cautious of what they felt and Isha still being closeted, the way they cared for each other and they could not stay away and Isha being worried about Jude's disability, all of it was very well written. It frustrated me at times, especially Isha but I loved them.

Isha's kids got attache
Lost in a Book
RTC on blog and then here later.

Copy provided for honest review.

graphics3.jpg
Kirstin
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
So sweet!!

Isha finally got his story and Garrett Leigh did it very right.

As the third book in the series, we've seen Isha go from a footie manager and best friend to a person you can count on and want in your corner. So, I was thrilled that he got his happy in this story.

Jude is alone. He's got friends, yeah. He owns his own reptile shop and he's got a ton of snakes and lizards and geckos, but really, that's it. He works too much and makes nothing extra. When Isha walks into his store to set up
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lbr, mm, ebook

The previous book in this series didn’t really work for me, but Ms. Leigh is back on track with this story. Her stories deliver complex characters and British humor and tone, and I just knew the last story was a fluke for me.

We met Isha in the first book. It was easy to feel for him and what he was going through. He was a closeted workaholic who only shared his secret with his ex-wife. His experience with men to date has been strictly hookups, so he is a bit lost when it comes to actually having
JenMcJ
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This was another good book in the series. I liked it better than the second book, Cash but didn't feel the same devotional connection as from Lucky. GL writes good emotional characters but of the two MC's, Isha seemed unfinished or still unknown in this book. Even in his head it seems like half the time he didn't know what he was thinking or how to finish thinking it.
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Jude by Garrett Leigh was an anticipated book I dearly enjoyed. Those who have read Lucky and Cash will probably remember the book’s MCs, briefly mentioned before but important for the pretty colorful group. Leigh nails it again with her talented descriptions of living with a (neurological) disorder. Jude is dealing with epilepsy and we have neither a glossing over nor is it catastrophized. It’s simply something the
Joyfully Jay
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Garrett Leigh has a way with her characters and her words and I can easily be drawn into her books, especially this world she has created. We met Isha in a previous book in the Lucky series and know that he is close with Dom, Lucky, Cash, and Rae, although he is much more controlled and much more closed off. The relationship between Isha and Jude is new to this book, but the other characters from the series are visible as are links to a larger storyline and it def
Annie
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jude is the third book in Miss Leigh's Lucky series and my favorite yet because the pairing was deliciously unexpected. As with most of this author's works, fans of the series can expect to catch up with previous couples, but Jude can read as a standalone. Boasting plenty of the author's hallmark raw emotions, this romance had my full attention cover to cover.

When I first met Isha in book 1 of the series, I had never guessed he'd get his own book but I'm incredibly glad he did. Closeted to ever
Ginger
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RTC. My second ARC from this author and I was not disappointed. #HOT
ConM
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was a quick, sexy, low angst read. My favorite of this series.
French_fry
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This was just meh for me. I think it needed a more careful edit and I didn’t feel the angst was justified. Jude was pretty sweet but Isha was so far in his own head that it got to be too much.
UltraMeital
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was quite an emotional and angsty ride. I wanted to slap both Jude and Isha too many times to count. While I could see them falling in love with one another it was hard seeing how much keeping their hearts as separated as possible was costing both of them. But in the end when push came to shove Isha HAD to act to keep the guy he loves.

We've met Isha Hussain in the first installment. He's Dom's best friend and ex-manager. Though he might act indifferent we've seen him first act, never as
Shelby
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this one. I wasn't sure, after the second book being a DNF for me, if this one would be as much of a letdown, but luckily it was just as enjoyable as the first book. I realized that Isha did play a bigger role in the second book than I realized, but it wasn't anything that left me clueless in this book.

I do think the ending was a bit abrupt. I wasn't paying attention to how much was left to read and assumed there were a few chapters left, so I was surprised to see that the next
Norelle
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
First - blue -eyed leucistic ball python is the cutest and most beautiful snake that i've seen.
Second - leopard geckos are adorable.

Okay, now about the book :D.
If you know Garrett Leigh and have read her books before, you know her style and know what you can expect from this book.
It's well written, with good characters, who face real problems.

I will say that, at one point i got a bit tired of main couple not talking to each other. And that of course creates problems. It was like... they start
Daphne
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
Isha was that irritating kind of character to me, unnecessarily and inexplicably difficult. His angsting just seemed so much ado about nothing. As much as I liked Jude, he also suffered from this malaise. The two of them just needed to stop with the navel gazing and get some perspective. I liked the check-ins with the previous couples and Mina/Tam/Delilah were that perfect mix of real but not saccharine.

This series isn’t my favorite from Garrett Leigh. While the men from Misfits and Slide et al
Natalija
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
The book was OK. Nothing really happened, and there is only so much unnecessary angst I can take. Avoiding conversations, running away, not responding to text messages... Adults should behave accordingly. Bottom line, I expected more from Isha's book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
She/Her

Bonus Material available for all books on Garrett's Patreon account. Includes short stories from Misfits, Slide, Strays, What Remains, Dream, and much more. Sign up here: https://www.patreon.com/garrettleigh

Facebook Fan Group, Garrett's Den... https://www.facebook.com/groups/garre...

Garrett Leigh is an award-winning British writer, cover artist, and book designer. Her debut novel, Slide, wo

Lucky (3 books)