Start by marking “Divine Intervention” as Want to Read:
Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention

Narasumas needs help. She needs the best tracker in the region to find a murderer. The criminal must be punished in the name of the gods that Narasumas serves.

Enter Appelonia, a cleric who no longer has a deity. But “Apple” still has the skills taught to her by her ranger mother, including the ability to find those who try to hide.

Unfortunately, the godless cleric refu
Published August 8th 2019 by BHC Press (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Divine Intervention, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine Intervention

Start your review of Divine Intervention
Chad
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley-2019
For a fantasy indie comic, this wasn't too shabby. The art was a bit amateurish in places, but overall some nice world building in a typical Dungeons & Dragons type setting. I'd read more and may check out the author's prose novels this spins out of.

Received a review copy from BHC Press and NetGalley. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the aforementioned.
Shannon ✨
Jul 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I was given this arc from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I'd skip this graphic novel. I ended up dnfing this one completely out of boredom. It's short but the pacing is all off and I was really disconnected from the story. I feel like the images weren't placed or used well. And I hated how it was constantly jumping back and forth between two different times right in the middle of an action scene. The characters were boring to read from and there was little to no world-building.

I wo
Jill Kenna
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it

While this was an interesting story I found it very lacking. The artwork wasn't that great and neither was the lettering. Those issues aside, I did like the story and characters. I think this is a good start to a series but it definitely needs a little polishing up. This is a very quick read so if you are looking for something short, then this may be for you.

Thank you to NetGalley for a free review copy in exchange for a review.
El Hyrst
Rating: 2.5 stars

Divine Intervention was a very quick read (slowed only by the way my phone formatted it terribly, but I'm not blaming the book for my phone's sins). Divine Intervention puts forward an absolutely interesting concept. I like the premise set out at the end of this story, playing into some of my absolute loves (superhero figures and mistaken identities) but this entry itself felt a little overburdened by exposition. Perhaps that's just me reading from the perspective of someone who
Tracey S
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was accepted by netgalley to read Divine Intervention about two females who were a godless cleric by the name of Appelonia who was the best tracker in her region and Narasumas who had been given the task to find a murderer who must be punished in the name of the gods Narasumas serves. I found the novel hard to get into as I haven't read the novels which the gaphic novel is based on and found it not easy to follow as the only mention of the worlds was at the beginning of the graphic novel which ...more
Ryan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is just so confusing. First off it’s an ARC which means the print is fuzzy throughout most of the title. Then add to it the story which seems to jump from point to point with out any real connections. Then you have divine intervention that comes at the change of seasons, or can be called upon. There is a lack of world building. It appears the author is trying to create the Game of Thrones in the space Goosebumps. It’s just not working. The artwork is okay, but not as good as other grap ...more
Alan
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good beginning for a fantasy series. I enjoyed the company of characters and especially the lead character, Apple. I wouldn’t mind a prequel that shares more detail to the background stories. The art is wonderful, the story line is good with a nice twist at the end. The only thing I found distracting in the graphic novel was the depiction of the sabre toothed rabbit (yes, that’s a beast in this world), which for me seemed out of place - but this is a fantasy novel, and in that sense, I suppose ...more
Diane Hernandez
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Narasumas, Applelonia, and some giant colorful rabbits traipse around a snowy fantasy land in Divine Intervention.

I wanted to like this female led graphic novel fantasy. However, the lettering was so distracting and the story so confusing that unfortunately I did not. Who notices lettering? I never did until reading this tale. Or maybe it was just too much of it? I don’t know but I can’t recommend Divine Intervention. 2 stars.

Thanks to BHC Press and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for my honest
Zaquira
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woah, this for sure a very quick read! It doesn’t even take 30 minutes for me to finish it. So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy read this is the place to go!

I really enjoyed it overall from the art to the characters and more. I love the diversity in species. I also loved the personalities in the characters. It was overall a joy ride. One I could read over and over again.

So, I would like to thank the publisher for giving a ARC of this to read.
J.D. DeHart
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Appealing images combine with a high fantasy story. I would gladly recommend this book for comic book fans.
Shannon (booksteaandacandle)
All in all not impressed. The story was lacking and the art didn't make up for it. It seemed like a good story conceptually but there was nothing that hooked me.
Kendra
Jun 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
A badly drawn, poorly lettered, mediocre, and boring fantasy adventure. I want my graphic novels to have originality, decent plot, and interesting characters who develop. This isn’t it.
Jasmine
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an interesting story. The artwork was alright, so I was able to actually enjoy the story visually. Although the storyline was good, the story jumped back and forth and at times I didn’t really know what was going on. It would information dump in the middle of a plot, making it hard to keep up. Hopefully that will be cleaned up in the second one. Overall I gave it 3 stars
Savi
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

At first glance, it immediately looked like this was set in a world that the author had created in other works, and it appears that I was correct. This is a spinoff graphic novel based in the world of Ophelia Legacy, a prose novel series by the author. Due to this, the story sometimes got a little confusing and the world building was mostly absent. There is a lot more about the world I'd like
Sonya
Kristin
Jun 29, 2019
Linda Chance
Aug 18, 2019

• The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • The Deep
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • Gods of Jade and Shadow
  • Sparrowhawk (Sparrowhawk, #1-5)
  • Queen of the Sea
  • The Black Mage
  • Aquicorn Cove
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 5
  • Simon Grey and the March of a Hundred Ghosts (Simon Grey #1)
  • Nightlights (Nightlights #1)
  • Hicotea (Nightlights #2)
  • Invitation to a Bonfire
  • Friend or Fiction
  • The Shamer's Daughter (The Shamer Chronicles, #1)
  • High Fantasies (Rat Queens, #4)

News & Interviews