Start by marking “Reigning Magicks (A Witch in Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reigning Magicks (A Witch in Time, #1)

Reigning Magicks

(A Witch in Time #1)

She’ll Reign Over His Heart…In This Time or Another
After decades of war, two hostile druid factions come close to a peace treaty that could save hundreds of lives. All they need is the hand of Princess Ashlynn to seal the deal, but the stubborn and powerful daughter of Clann Kavanagh’s High Priestess will have nothing of it.

Desperate to change her fate, Ashlynn ventures
Published April 18th 2019 by Guardian Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Reigning Magicks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reigning Magicks

Start your review of Reigning Magicks (A Witch in Time, #1)
Mandie
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an exciting read! I loved the characters and the storyline! I can’t wait to start book 2!
Bree Hill
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
"She felt him before she saw him, and the impact of his spirit made her gasp. It was like looking into the sun and never wanting to look away. He made her fingers itch to reach out and touch, a sensation she’d never felt in all her years. Then she rounded a corner and saw him."

Reigning Magicks is the perfect example of what a good time travel romance can and should do. We have our heroine who is thrusted 300 years into the future after performing a ritual with hopes of uniting both her familial
Susie
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Susie by: Booksprout

Booked By Random

*I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.*

An interesting start to the series

This is an alternative take on the time-travel romance (from what I’m aware of and have read, anyway), where the female of the pair magically travels into the future instead of the past, in order to find her true love.

Well, OK, it is somewhat more complicated than that, but that is at least part of the basic principle behind the story.

Ashlynn searches for the local
Coco.V
Oct 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/27/2019)! 🎁
Jann
Nov 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
I found the writing to be immature and it never seemed to settle on one genre or another. The characters were ill-defined and in one instance the terminology was offensive.
Lixa Roncone
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ashlyn, a princess of the clan Kavanaugh has been arranged to marry Brigacos from a different clan in order to obtain peace between clans. But Ashlyn who did not wanted to marry him went to find a seeker I'm search of ways to stop the war with out marrying Brigacos. The seeker gave her a stone and told her to ask for a wish. Ashlyn did as she was told but was taken trough time to the future. She traveled from the 1700s to the year 2019 where she meet Cian. The handsome prince who was arranged to ...more
Marissa
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: time-travel, witches
Reigning Magicks is the story of Ashlynn, a princess living in the time of the druids who finds herself in an arranged marriage to unite two druid clans as a form of a peace treaty. Being the stubborn girl that she is, she refuses to marry and enters the forest in search of a powerful witch who can provide her with a powerful spell to avoid the situation. Unfortunately, the spell goes a bit awry and she winds up in a different time and an unknown world. There she meets Cian, a sorcerer who finds ...more
Casey
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a quick and fun read. I enjoyed the mystery of the bloodlines and how Cian and Ashlynn interacted. One thing that threw me was the modern language coming from Ashylnn who is from 300 years in the past. I found that hard to get past, for example she referred to someone as a "twat" which while kind of funny is also something she never would have heard before. How did she come up with that word? Things like that made the story a bit disjointed for me. I also didn't understand really - or s ...more
Kerry Campbell
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ashlynn is an Irish princess, set to sit on her father’s throne and rule her people. The only problem is: an arranged marriage she wants nothing to do with. She wants the clans to unite, but not by marrying because of duty. She seeks the seer, in hopes of finding another solution to her problem. But it just creates a new one: thanks to a spell gone wrong, Ashlynn is thrust over three hundred years into the future. Not only does she have to adjust to this new world, she needs to figure out why th ...more
Andrea Stoeckel
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The power of the wish is grand, but it cannot create love from nothing. "

Upon finding herself about to be married to someone for political reasons, Ashlynn, eldest daughter finds any way to stop it, succeeding in the most unusual way. After the ritual propelled her forward 3 centuries, she finds herself in the middle of a similar situation. Can she make the right choice? Will she?

This is the first in a new series by Candace Osmond and JJ King. It is fun and serious at the same time. I read it
Jennifer Lil'n  Dunski
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was dragged in from the start. The beginning kinda had the movie "Brave" feeling to it, and I wanted to see where it went. And I am in awe!
Ashlynn is a princess from the past, Cian is a "prince" of the present. And when a magical wish Ashlynn is granted, they're world's are thrust together and Ashlynn is suddenly apart of Cian's world, almost 300 years later.
This is a wicked good storyline, with amazing characters and incredible world building! Looking forward to the next installment!!!
Alan Boggs
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ashlynn flees an unwanted marriage, I know not original, Ahw flees and ends up in present time a d finds the like she wants. Of. Ourse, there are complications. The story is very well written and I found myself feeling for the characters. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Nilda
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This read is so captivating. I was glued from the start. It is well written with a great storyline. Unique characters with romance, witches, magic, time travel and lots of emotions. I really enjoyed this read from start to end. It is a must read!

Rebecca Brown
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ashlynn, is a princess living in the time of the druids.
Who is planned a arranged marriage. To get out of it she
Visits a witch to try to find a way out of re marriage. A wonderful book. It kept me drawn in from beginning to end.
Mona  Brown
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this story!!! It's about how true love will find you no matter where or when you are.
This book has everything that you need. Magic, time travel, deception, romance.... what more could you ask for.
Naomi Downing
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline and characters. I couldn't put this book down. Definitely a must read for anyone who likes magic and time travel.
Tayra Sanders
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The twists in this tale just adds spice to an already exciting and adventurous tale
that will shock you. I highly recommend this tale and eagerly await the next book in this series.
Jenn
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What are u willing to do for love

Great time travel mystery which a beautiful love story woven in. Great great could not put down. Great read from two amazing authors
Jackie
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story as always. Ashlynn has an arranged marriage. This is not something that she wishes to carry out. Impossible to stop reading.
Fiona Andrew
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Typical short love fantasy. Good reading for a rainy afternoon.
Amber K
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, arc
This was a great story!! I loved the storyline and the characters were wonderful. Very nicely done. Looking forward to the next one.
Dana Wood
Dec 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Horribly written. Hard to follow. Terrible MC. Both the guy and the girl. Hated this story.
Monique
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a surprisingly good read! I very much enjoyed this time travel/supernatural tale, with good characters and premise. It is overall a great start to a series. Good writing, too.
Ola Adamska
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2018
This one is SO well written and captivating. Ashlynn is a princess that is supposed to marry a man from another clan, but she's not happy with that! She will seek help from Magic, but what if it Has diffrent plans for keeping peace in Her lands?
Add to it time travrl, wishes, Love and Magic!
Shannon Green
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't normally read romance novels, picked this up for a book club. Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to find the sequels at the library.
Patricia A.Bunn
Jan 14, 2020
JoAnn
Nov 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Beyond the Veil (Vampires of Velum Mortis #1)
  • Indian Paintbrush (Carson Chronicles, #3)
  • The Cowboy Encounter (Witching Well, #2)
  • The Deceptive Lady Darby (Lost Ladies of London, #2)
  • Echo in Time (Echo Trilogy, #1)
  • One True Mate (Westin Pack #1)
  • Afterlife (Afterlife Saga, #1)
  • Witch Inheritance (Mackenzie Coven Mystery #1)
  • Christmas In The Highlands
  • Before Beauty (Becoming Beauty #1; The Classical Kingdoms #1)
  • Hungry Like a Wolf (Claws Clause, #1)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Once Upon a Spell, #1)
  • Pure (Pure, #1)
  • Time of the Warrior (Stones of Scotland #1)
  • Ravenite (Vengeance and Vampires, #1)
  • Lighthouse Reef (Pelican Pointe, #4)
  • Alice in Demonland (Demonland #1)
  • The Duke's Bride in Disguise (Fairfax Twins #1)
Bestselling Author and freelance writer/editor, Candace Osmond was born in North York, ON.

She published her first book by the age of 25, the first installment in a Paranormal Romance trilogy to which two others were published with it; The Iron World Series.

Candace is also one of the creative and AVN Award nominated writers for www.sssh.com, an acclaimed Erotic Romance website for women which has

A Witch in Time (3 books)
  • Dark Magicks (A Witch in Time, #2)
  • Reigning Hearts (A Witch in Time, #3)

News & Interviews