Start by marking “One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations Book #3)” as Want to Read:
One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations Book #3)

One Final Breath

(Dive Team Investigations #3)

When investigator Gabriel Chavez had his cover blown by an aggressive reporter, the silver lining was being able to rejoin the dive team. The downside? Dive team captain Anissa Bell--a woman who both fascinates and frustrates him.

Anissa grew up as a missionary kid on the Micronesian island of Yap and always planned to return after college. But she remained stateside, deter
Published September 3rd 2019 by Revell

Start your review of One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations Book #3)
Hallie Szott
4.5

Oh, Lynn H. Blackburn’s Dive Team Investigations series has been a pleasure to read, and One Final Breath just might be her best story yet.

Past and present collide as a series of random circumstances circle around Anissa Bell with ominous intent. It is time to confront and put to rest the memories that have haunted her for thirteen years—and perhaps, finally admit the truth of her feelings to investigator Gabe Chavez, too.

Anissa and Gabe have intrigued me from Beneath the Surface, and I am so
Sarah Grace Grzy
Since book one in the Dive Team Investigations series released, I have been dying to read Gabe's story. And now I can finally say I have!

Maybe it's due to the extreme anticipation for this book, but it ended up being a bit of a let-down for me. I was expecting to learn more of Gabe's backstory and learn about what makes him tick as a character. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. While this is a sound story, the plot focuses so much on the current mystery and issues, that we don't ever really und
Melissa
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reads-2019
I have been anticipating this book for MONTHS! The first two books in this series are amazing and I knew the finale would not disappoint. It did not! The relationship between Anissa and Gabe was so intriguing in the prior books and watching their relationship progress in this story was so worth it. The mysteries in this book draw you in from the beginning and I had trouble putting the book down because I wanted to know what was going to happen. Learning Anissa & Gabe’s backstories(finally!) answ ...more
Beth Erin
Full review on FaithfullyBookish.com

Gabe and Anissa have the best banter! Their relationship is packed with complexities from the workplace to being friends of dating friends to their individually reluctant stance on romance. Gabe’s tender heart wrapped in a workaholic get-it-done mentality is completely endearing. He’s an underdog hero who infuses life with humor. Anissa has pit-bull tenacity, compassion, and mad dive skills to boot! Her loyalty, strength, and faith make her a top-notch investi
Toni Shiloh
I’ve been #teamgabe since book one in the Dive Team Investigations (which can be read standalone, but why would you when you could read all 3?). And One Final Breath did not disappoint in that area.
Gabe has a backstory that melted my heart but Anissa’s….wow. She’s fierce and vulnerable, independent and in need of love, and all the cool quirks you like to read about a character.

One Final Breath wasn’t all rainbows and sunshine with hearts and swoony sighs, though there were those. There were a f
Jypsy
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Revell for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

One Final Breath
By: Lynn H. Blackburn

*REVIEW* 🌟🌟🌟🌟
I've never read anything by the author prior to this story. I think this book is okay as a standalone. A few mysteries are somehow tangled and related, and the dive team are needed for investigation. Annisa, the heroine, is a strong intelligent woman who carries heavy guilt about the past. Gabe, the hero, is a professional sharp likeab
Sarita
Every since the first scene with Gabe in book 1 I looked forward to his story. He is such a passionate character and it came through in his feelings on solving his case and his relationship with Anissa.

This book has romance, suspense, action and a heartbreaking plot about kidnapping and reconciliation years later.

When the story was done I actually wanted more. Hoping the author will bring back the characters in future books to give us an update on what is happening in their lives.

Also loved how
Nicole
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations

“She glared at him for a moment. Oh, he made her so mad sometimes. But then he smiled. And that smile . . . That smile was the thing dreams were made of.”

With the perfect blend of romance and suspense, award winning author Lynn H. Blackburn’s highly anticipated conclusion to her popular Dive Team Investigations series will leave readers cherishing the story long after the final page. One Final Breath is an unforgettable tale of forgiveness and grace, the
Kailey
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good! It was the perfect amount of romance and suspense! I loved getting to know more about Gabe and Anissa. I didn’t want to put it down! I was so hooked into this story! This book made me laugh and shed a few tears. I highly recommend this book and this series!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Staci
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
This has been a good series. The six main characters all have unique strengths that make them a strong unit. In One Final Breath, I loved the plot twist with Liz. And the proposal was perfect.
Jen. (JenGalaxy4 Christian Book Reviews)
Goodness! Was this a good book, or what!?!?

Lynn H. Blackburn has a very unique writing style! It's easygoing, informative and she does a great job of getting you inside the characters' heads. Not only were the lead characters excellent, but the secondary characters were very strong. I really enjoyed Paisley Wilson's scenes. Maybe we'll see her in a book of her own?? (Here's hoping!!)

One Final Breath is loaded with prayers, strong faith, great characters, surprising twists and one menacing vil
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'You need to get it in your head that someone is trying to kill you and they don't seem likely to stop trying anytime soon.'

Lynn Blackburn finishes off her Dive Team Investigations series with Gabe and Anissa's story and she definitely saved the best for last! I was captivated from the very beginning and could barely stand to put the book down when life intruded. I was completely surprised by the culprit, too. Blackburn weaves this story so seamlessly and the reader is swept away with each word!
Jessica Higgins
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynn Blackburn finishes up the Dive Team Investigations series with the very best yet! Fans of the series will have no choice but to fall in love with Gabe and Anissa’s story.

Anissa Bell, captain of the dive team investigators, has had a problem with Gabe Chavez since before he was on her team. He worked undercover and would only dive once or twice a year, not enough in her opinion to stay up to speed with the rest of the team. Anissa was a missionary kid growing up until she went to college and
MJSH
“For his part, Gabe was looking at her the way an astronaut looks at Earth. Like he could see his home but couldn’t quite reach it.”

Another intense, thrilling romantic suspense from Lynn H Blackburn! And this third book in the Dive Team Investigations series was so worth the wait to finally get the scoop on Anissa and Gabe. Though it can be read as a stand-alone, reading the books in order will make the most sense since the six main characters of the series are closely tied together and each sto
Faye
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Investigator Gabe Chavez and Dive Team Captain Anissa Bell find themselves working together when Gabe's current case has mysterious ties to a tragedy in Anissa's past.

Will they be able to catch the killer before it's too late?

An utterly fantastic, action-packed read. The third in a series, but the first book that I've read by this author, it wasn't hard to jump right in step with the characters in this thrilling, high stakes adventure.

Anissa and Gabe are both strong in their faith, they've worke
Abbi
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynn H. Blackburn has done it again! When I read her debut novel I knew that she had something special and would be one to watch. And boy was I right! She just keeps getting better and I think this was probably my favorite of the series! Gabe and Anissa’s story had been a long time coming and it was everything I was hoping it would be and so much more!
I really could relate to Anissa, the way her brain worked was very similar to how mine does so it was easy for me to connect with her. I loved her
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Wow! I’m not sure how else to word my thoughts once I reached the end of this book. The suspense, the romance, Gabe….. need I say more? Blackburn certainly knows how to write a good story that makes readers unable to put the book down. That was me – I read this in one sitting. Yep, it was that good!

Gabe and Anissa’s story is one that I’ve been waiting for. I just love their relationship. They drive each other crazy at times, but also can’t stay away from each other. Yes, they have a backstory, b
Inspirationalfictionreader
One Final Breath by Lynn Blackburn is the third story in the Dive Team Investigations trilogy. Each story can be read as a standalone, but if you read them all, you will get so much more out of this series. The team dynamics are my favorite parts of the stories. The relationships between the team members continue to grow throughout the series. I love their camaraderie and how they are always there for each other. I’m so glad we finally got Gabe’s story! I have been waiting for it ever since I re ...more
Kelly Bridgewater
One Final Breath by Lynn Blackburn is categorized as a romantic suspense. The suspense element was there and started in the first chapter after a "family" cookout, which was a good thing. The writing was top notch. I enjoyed seeing the different perspective of Gabe and Anissa as they told their story. They both had flaws and had to learn to overcome them in order to make way for their happily ever after. The main issue the plot carried for me was the romance. It was the main focus of the novel. ...more
Jes Drew
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, the couple I've been shipping since the very beginning! Their love/hate dynamic is great, along with their complicated history. And Anissa's past resurfaces as they find themselves dealing with two cases and their greatest fears and trying to figure out their emotions for each other. For all the mystery, though, the one I was most invested in was went down during Anissa's part in Gabe's undercover opp...

Anyway, I think this is my favorite of the series, and I was glad to see Anissa and
Jody Joy
This is the third and final book in the Dive Team Investigations series by Ms. Blackburn. Although this was my first book in the series to read, it was still a captivating read. This is a standalone book; however, I would recommend starting at the beginning of the series. The characters were well developed and intriguing for me, the storyline kept me turning the pages to find out what was next for Anissa and Gabe.

I received a copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review.
Phyllis
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A breathtaking finale

The Dive Team Investigations series has come to a breathtaking conclusion with the release of One Final Breath. Wow! What an adventure! I have loved the couples in each of these stories. That they all played a significant role throughout the series made it all the more enjoyable.

This exciting finale starts with a bang as the six friends were relaxing on Leigh’s deck. When they hear an unnatural explosion mixed in with lightning from the storm, followed by a cry for help, Gab
Amber Delaina
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
This is such a bittersweet review to write. This series is a special one and to think of it actually being over is so sad.

This final book happens to be my favorite of the series. I loved every book, but I dove into this one (pun intended 😉) knowing it was going to be my favorite because of Gabe and Anissa.

Speaking of Gabe and Anissa, can we just insert all the heart emojis here, please? Gabe and Anissa… I was waiting for their story to finally happen after reading about their characters in boo
Rebecca
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I'm just trying, always, to make up for my messes. Trying to do enough to be worth the sacrifice they made."

If the truth were known, both investigator Gabe Chavez and dive team captain Anissa Bell had been living their entire adult life trying to compensate for the misinterpreted mistakes of their youth. As different as they were on the outside, the two had a lot in common on the inside; they were both terribly afraid of moving beyond the annoyance/fascination friendship that they had tentative
Gloria
One Final Breath has everything that makes a great suspense-mystery that I was not able to figure out, action and danger, likable, real characters and romantic attraction/friction. I have enjoyed this series that centers around a group of members of the Carrington County, North Carolina Sheriff's Department Dive Team. Lynn Blackburn has created a group of friends who not only work together but enjoy each other's company on their downtime and even attend the same church. This third book is the st ...more
Suzie Waltner
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since book one in Lynn H. Blackburn’s Dive Team Investigations series, I’ve been rooting for Gabe’s story. Y’all, it’s here and it does not disappoint.

Three investigations converge in One Final Breath. And readers finally get to discover what the contention between Gabe and Anissa is all about. If the twists and turns that leave you guessing or the building romance aren’t enough for you, the entire dive team returns. Leah, Ryan, Sabrina, and Adam all step in when needed (including a touch of mat
Debbie
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"One Final Breath" is a Christian romantic suspense novel. It's the third book in a series, but it works as a standalone. There were several cases that the team had to work on and which touched on each other in unexpected ways. Several crimes occurred on or near a lake, and the dive team had to search underwater several times for evidence that was potentially dropped into the lake. The suspense came from physical danger to multiple people and from relationship tensions.

The main characters were
Paula Shreckhise
One Final Breath is the third book in the Dive Team Investigation series by Lynn H. Blackburn.
We get to see what Gabe Chavez and Anissa Bell encounter to mend their relationship. This couple has had a very rocky start. Anissa is the Dive team captain and was not pleased when Gabe could not keep up with the training exercises because he was undercover. But the situation is about to change as their joint history is explained and Anissa’s background is revealed.
While at their team member’s and fr
Best In Suspense - Kelly Underwood
One Final Breath is third in the series, so you may want to check out the prior two first to make sure you know all of the characters. This story focuses on Anissa and Gabe, both members of the dive team investigators. When Anissa and Gabe are pulled into a murder investigation, Anissa’s life is on the line when she becomes a target.

The whole series brings suspense and action, while giving readers a swoon-worthy love story in the process. Gabe and Anissa both have a past that makes them gun-shy
Maureen Timerman
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This is the third book in this series that I have read and it sure didn’t disappoint! The characters that I have learned to care about are back, and have moved further in their lives, and contribute to this story.
This is Gabe’s and Annisa’s story, and with this book, what appeared as animosity, well, it looks like they care a bit more about each other than they want to admit, but they both carry scars and baggage!
As with the other books in the Dive Team Investigations, you will be gripping your
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes, #1)
  • Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Silent Shadows (Harbored Secrets #3)
  • Deadly Intentions
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • Fatal Strike
  • The Crushing Depths (Coastal Guardians, #2)
  • The Traitor's Pawn
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • Dead End (Kaely Quinn Profiler Book #3)
  • Ruby Jane (The Montana Marshalls, #5)
  • Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler #2)
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
Librarian Note: Also writes under the pen name Lynn Huggins Blackburn.

Dive Team Investigations (3 books)
  • Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations, #1)
  • In Too Deep (Dive Team Investigations, #2)

News & Interviews

“The space between them crinkled with a new kind of energy. Somehow he thought the tentative friendship they’d been building for months now had solidified and also maybe had taken a dive to a deeper place than he’d ever thought they’d reach.” 0 likes
“You need to get it in your head that someone is trying to kill you and they don't seem likely to stop trying anytime soon.” 0 likes