Start by marking “Hideous Beauty” as Want to Read:
Hideous Beauty

Hideous Beauty

When Dylan and Ellis’s secret relationship is exposed on social media, Dylan is forced to come out. To Dylan’s surprise they are met with support and congratulations, and an amazing reception at their highschool dance. Perhaps people aren’t as narrow-minded as he thought?

But Dylan’s happiness is short-lived. Ellis suddenly becomes angry, withdrawn, and as they drive home
Expected publication: May 28th 2020 by Usborne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hideous Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hideous Beauty

Start your review of Hideous Beauty
Kai
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, owned
This should have been their love story. But one of them is dead.

One moment Dylan and his boyfriend Ellis are driving to a romantic picnic, the next they're drowning in a lake, stuck inside the car. Only Dylan makes it out alive, rescued in the last second by a mysterious saviour. But they left Ellis behind. And Dylan is set on finding out why.

Hideous Beauty is a dark YA mystery. I'm glad to see that the publisher decided to add content warnings at the beginning of the book that informs readers
John Moore
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really beautiful LGBT+ story. A thriller mixed with a gorgeous romance that had my heart doing flip flops. I really recommend it to any one who loves a good mystery and relatable queer characters. Out June 2020 from Usborne and sure to be a hit!
Vee_Bookish
Nov 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
Holy shit who do I have to kill to get a copy of this book
Cora Tea Party Princess
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is bloody amazing.

Review to come closer to publication.
Tracey
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Hideous Beauty in wildest dreams book box. One of the things I think that was beautifully and sensitively done was to put a content warning right opposite the first page. Some people skip through the title pages and dedications in books, so having it face the main event means it can be missed. There is also a caption on the back cover about age/maturity suitably. Secondly the themes covered on the warning have contact and help information pages in the back of the book.

Nicole Ann
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

I received a proof copy from the Wildest Dreams Book Box.

I loved the concept of the novel and I do think it's an extremely important topic to talk about, and so are the themes of rape, homosexuality and grief but I just think the main point on why it didn't hit with me was the structure.

Again, I understand the point of the constant then and now in tandem structure but it just got so confusing that I ended up disassocating with Dylan and Ellis which isn't great if the whole book
Juliette
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Got this as a freebie from Holly Bourne's book signing and I am glad to have read it. This tragic love story really hits homes in many ways. There are multiple triggers in this story such as accounts of rape, death and abuse. The only reason it is knocked by one star is because of the slow storyline in the middle which kind of dragged on but probably because I read a proof copy so it wasn't PERFECT! Overall, it is a must read for when it comes out in June 2020!
Moon
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't read much contemporary, but this book just took me by surprise and it was a ride. Wroth reading, however some trigger warnings may be necessary. Still, interesting, complex and the word s and language kept me enjoying the story overall.
Jordon Ewart
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A beautiful and heartbreaking LGBT+ love story tackling a lot of heard hitting issues. A pure, UK based tale of love, friendship and loss and what it is to survive. Had me in tears by the end.
Lydia Hephzibah
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up because gay UK YA is so rare
Danny Reid
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read - lgbt+ love story filled with mystery, tragedy and adventure!

I highly recommend this book to everyone!
Anwen Ricketts
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
:((((((
Ionarr
Nov 01, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: lgbt
The goodreads description for this is a massive spoiler that I did not read. As a result I cried on the bus and immediately threw it back at my friend I'd stolen it from. V upsetting, probable 4-5 stars, do not recommend unless you also wish to cry on the bus.
Rutuja Ramteke
Dec 23, 2019
Nate
Dec 31, 2019
Cassie
rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2020

• Pet
  • The Places I've Cried in Public
  • Slay
  • We Contain Multitudes
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)
  • Wranglestone (Wranglestone, #1)
  • Nothing Ever Happens Here
  • The Million Pieces of Neena Gill
  • Heartstream
  • Devoted
  • In the Time We Lost
  • Somebody Give This Heart a Pen
  • Jemima Small Versus the Universe
  • Deposing Nathan
  • Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts)
  • All The Things We Never Said
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)