Start by marking “Single AF (Social Experiment Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Single AF (Social Experiment Book 1)

Single AF

(Social Experiment #1)

SINGLE: Unmarried or not involved in a stable relationship.

MEEKA
The pure term ‘being single’ makes me want to gag every time I hear it. To me, the worst part is the fact that you’re constantly reminded of your status. Like, do you really think I can forget I’m single? I’ve dated more Mr. Wrong’s than I can count, and now, the network that I work for wants me to share my
Published March 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Single AF, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single AF

Start your review of Single AF (Social Experiment Book 1)
Jazmen
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
*Excuse any grammatical errors*

Single AF had a promising start that quickly turned into a lackluster though amusing middle and later ending.

Single AF stars Meeka, Tone and their supporting cast of friends. Meeka is crazy. At least that’s how she comes off. Mostly, she’s just an insecure woman camouflaging her relationship and abandonment issues. She does so with overzealous and mostly amusing random acts of insanity.

Meeka was a fun character, and the story was equally fun—to a certain degree.

The
Burgundy
Great Book

This was a great book. I loved Meeka. Shecwas someone I could hang with. I also liked how open and free shevwas.
Tiffany Reads
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
“What in the world have I gotten myself into?” was the question after reading the first sentence. It definitely grabbed my attention and had me hooked. Despite her shenanigans, Meeka is very relatable and likable as we learn about her dating life. Ms. Green has written a story that is full of chuckles and has me looking forward to book 2 in the series!
Soulfire
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is worth reading for the first chapter alone. It’s freaking hilarious! I actually found it because Alyssa Cole tweeted about the first sentence and that sold me.
Meeka was…honestly people kept calling her crazy but she was not at all. She was a planner and a dreamer and I related to her a lot. She was maybe a bit too eager at times, but I loved her. Her ratchet rhymes had me laughing so hard.
Tone was HOT. Incredibly attractive inside and out and a worthy match to Meeka. I loved that he
Ruby
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meeka comes up with an idea for a series for her job at a YouTube channel and her boss wants her to be the first experiment. Since Meeka is not dating anyone presently and her dating history is a mess, her assignment entails her chronicling her past dating history. Tone is the cameraman that is going to film the assignment since the other experienced cameraman at the station is not available plus he is curious about the men in Meeka's past. There was always an underlying attraction between the ...more
MidnightAce Book Bar
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts:
#MEEKARHYMES #WILDMEEKA #HISCRAZYMEEKA
I wasn’t ready for this one! Single AF is a little different than what I am use to from the author. Let’s start with the fresh and unique cover, which drew me to the book and the storyline, well, let’s just say I was hooked from the first page.

Carolyn
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Single and wild AF!

Sherelle Green did a magnificent job with this romantic comedy. Meeka was mad crazy fun. I laughed my way through this story. It was funny AF... She was a loopy fruit loop cute as can be. I liked when Tone said she was knock-kneed and still kinda cute. That visual had me hollering. The way she and Tone met was another feather in the authors cap the way she engaged readers in the story. The funny bantering between the couple was hilarious on ten. The extra characters add much
MidnightAce
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

#MEEKARHYMES #WILDMEEKA #HISCRAZYMEEKA

I think we will agree this one was funny and entertaining, but on a series note, Meeka and Tone challenges us to look at relationships with fresh eyes. These are two characters that I am sure we can all identify with.
Kendra Thompson
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow amazingly funny

I have to say I was genuinely surprised from the beginning to the end. I first discovered Ms. Green on my library shelves and have been a fan ever since. I truly enjoyed Meeka and Tone’s story and you know when you start feeling why does that name sound familiar and one of your old book bae’s makes an appearance you’ve hit the jackpot. Funny, sexy, and thought provoking all in one an amazing little book. Thanks again Ms. Green always a terrific book escape
Rhonda Davis
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Social Experiment

Wow! Meeka has a knack for reciting ratchet nursery rhymes, Meeka's words, not mine. Meeka uses her ratchet rhymes, accordingly, to address her situations; for instance, hickory dickory dock, the next line had nothing to do with a clock lol. Enter Tone who thinks that Meeka is crazy because she broke into his house to check him out before their blind date could take place. Tone has agreed to record Meeka's social Experiment involving her exes and finds that he likes what he
Sharonda Isadora
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, you have to find five of your ex-boyfriends and ask them why the relationship didn't work out...should be easy...I guess. But then add in your camera man whose following you around...but also so happens to be the dude you had a date-but-not-so-much-of-a-date with because you pulled a crazy move. Yeah, this should be fun.

Check out my full review via our podcast: https://anchor.fm/brazen-babe-reviews/episodes/Episode-12--Book-Talk--Single-AF-by-Sherelle-Green-e3isdu
Brenda
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story.

Meeka was an in your face very down to earth person. I loved the Story line. Going back to get the reason why a relationship did not work was different. I cannot imagine doing it. Tone was the perfect match for her. He got to think about his own failed relationships while working with Meeka. Her last ex was a real surprise. Cannot wait for the next Social Experiment Book.

Chefgirlardee
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do believe Meeka is the quirkiest character that I've ever fallen in love with! I loved how Meeka owned her weirdness and was unapologetic about it too. Her ratchet rhymes cracked me up and so did the entire story! Words cannot explain how fun it was to read this story. Every character in the story made this a cohesive story that I wish didn't end! I'm so looking forward to the rest of the Social Experiments that will come in the future books. Sherelle you did that!
Kenya
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny

What a cute and hilarious story! I thought I was unlucky in love, but the main character in this story has me beat! I laughed from start to finish while reading about these awkward characters and the hilarious situations they found themselves in. I think I'll start making my own "ratchet rhymes" whenever I get into an awkward situation in the future lol

Kenya E
Soul Sistahs Book Club
KAREN MCCRAW
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't Stop Reading or Laughing

Really enjoyed Meeka and Tone's story. Also glad they got rid of Tabitha (what a surprise) and so glad Tone decked De' Andre. Love all their friends now Layla needs a man. Timeka's mom was too funny almost as funny as her rachet rhymes. Sometimes going in the wrong window works out.
Shay Davis
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so funny! From the very first page! I laughed so hard that my husband was looking at me sideways asking, “What the hell is so funny?!” Lol! The humor, the chemistry, the buildup... everything about Meeka and Tone were great. This was my first book by Sherelle Green and I’m definitely going to go download more.
ittybitty
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I AM SHE... SHE IS ME...

This was awesome!!!!!!!! I don't know how I came across It but I'm so full of joy that I did....meeka is so me. The personality. Craziness. Like everything. Thanks for a raw character!!! I loved the network experiment and I loved her and Lil Tony together lol
Malaika
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t stop laughing!

The opening scene for this book was so hilarious and so tragic, I couldn’t stop reading. It was like a car accident and I was a rubberneck motorist. Meeka was a lot! Her rhymes had me crying but wanting more. There is definitely someone for everyone and Tone was meant for Meeka.
Rena
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Had me rolling

This story is excellent and had me rolling at the ratchet poems. The social experiment allows Meeka to heal from her past while giving Tone the raw and unfiltered view of who she really is. They avoid each other for years, but neither realize how much they wanted each other until the experiment opens their eyes.
Geri
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tone was all kinds of yummy!

Single AF was laugh out loud funny. My girl, Meeka was all the way crazy (maybe it should have been called Crazy AF, just saying)! Chemistry was on lit, their friends were down for keeping it real and there was just enough strife to keep it from being sappy. Judy yummy! Want to read about more men like Tone, Malachi, Kadaris, and Zahir.
Odessa Dangerfield
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny AF!!

Sherelle has done it again and delivered another #cantputdown book!! The ratchet rhymes were everything and had me laughing out loud!! Complete with a visit from Malakai!! Bravo sis!!! Hickory dickory dook, I couldn't put down this book!!! LOL! I tried!! But you get it!! #TeamManiacMeeka
Rochelle
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Completely original and LOL good

Meeka is all of us who have had horrible awful dates and relationships. Tone is once burned twice shy. Together these two must solve the puzzle of Meeka’s past to have a future as one. The exes are hilarious and the shenanigans are hysterical. I highly recommend you visit the Social Experiment network!
Matysha
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There has never been a Sherelle Green story that left me regretting picking a book with her name on it. I’m proud to say after reading Single AF that’s still the case. This story had me cracking up from beginning to end. This is definitely a great beginning to a new series. I can’t wait to see what’s coming next.
tayara tate
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great red

Meeka is a mess with those types of nursery rhymes for everything tone. Glad they both had a do over with their relationship. Anthony jus likes a lil crazy with his women and Tabitha was nothing but jealous of how good they were. It all worked out in the end though so very good book.
Elaine L. Allen
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The 1st couple if pages had me...

I really enjoyed this read. Meeka had me laughing with her craziness. I was thinking she cant be this crazy In a good way though, if there is such a thing. Was happy Tine stopped fronting.
Deirdre Davis
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good and Lively

This is my first time reading Sherelle Green’s work but it will not be the last! Tone and Meeka were both single and funny with a bit of unique history! So enjoyed this social experiment!
Shahtia Gay-hairston
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So refreshing!

So refreshingly good! This was a very fun and light hearted love romance story! Meeka is such a hilarious character! I enjoyed watching her get feedback from her exes! Tone was good for her and vice versa!
Jendayi Derisca
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

As with all your stories, I enjoyed reading this one. The reason it’s not 5 stars is because it could’ve used something a bit more climatic, otherwise it was a very well written book.
Rebecca Hunter
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious, sweet, enemies-to-lovers romance about loving a person for exactly who they are. Meeka owns that she can be a little...extra, and after following her around as her cameraman for a bit, Tone goes from enemy to interested. Fun, fast read - and the cover is PERFECT for the story!!
Ericka cannon-mosley
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny AF

I have yet to read a book with crazy done this way before I laughed from the beginning to the end, but these two characters, the chemistry was fire AF. If you're looking for a great romance filled with comedy pick up a copy of this book. . .

• I Think I Might Need You (Love Sisters Book 2)
  • I Think I Might Love You (Love Sisters Book 1)
  • Baggage Claimed
  • A Natural Transition
  • Should've Been
  • Slipped up in Love: A Mason family novel
  • An Ounce of Decorum
  • I Think I Might Want You (Love Sisters Book 3)
  • Words with Friends: A Mason Family Novella
  • Falling for a Knight (The Wild Knights Book 1)
  • Switched at Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • Rhyme & Reason
  • In Tandem (Equilibrium Book 2)
  • Shots Not Taken (Nymphs & Trojans Series Book 1)
  • One Last Shot (Nymphs & Trojans Series Book 2)
  • Wait for your love
  • Set: A Novella (Them Boys Book 1)
  • A Bid on Forever (Distinguished Gentlemen, #1)
For the latest updates and information, visit www.sherellegreen.com!

Sherelle Green is a Chicago native with a dynamic imagination and a passion for reading and writing. Although she loves to read all genres, romance holds a special place in her heart. Ever since she was a little girl, Sherelle has enjoyed story-telling. Upon receiving her BA in English, Sherelle decided to test her skills at