Start by marking “All Eyes on Us” as Want to Read:
All Eyes on Us

All Eyes on Us

Pretty Little Liars meets People Like Us in this taut, tense thriller about two teens who find their paths intertwined when an anonymous texter threatens to spill their secrets and uproot their lives.

PRIVATE NUMBER: Wouldn’t you look better without a cheater on your arm?
AMANDA: Who is this?

The daughter of small town social climbers, Amanda Kelly is deeply invested in her
Published June 4th 2019 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about All Eyes on Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Eyes on Us

Start your review of All Eyes on Us
Carrie
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
All Eyes on Us by Kit Frick is a young adult mystery/thriller. The story is told from a dual point of view style with alternating the chapters between the two female leads, Amanda Kelly and Rosalie Bell.

Amanda is one of those girls that seems to have her future all laid out for her and a perfect life. Amanda has been in a relationship with Carter Shaw for years and they have been that golden couple in school. Carter’s family is incredibly rich and it’s assumed Amanda and Carter will marry someda
Krystal
A little light on the drama I was hoping for, but an okay read I suppose.

Amanda was perfectly nasty to start with but Rosalie was dealing with real trauma and I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't ready for it. I was totally expecting some petty teenage drama with a side of rich-people problems. NOT THE CASE.

Here's the deal: Amanda is the typical mean queen B and Carter is her arm candy. He's the typical, 'most popular guy in the school' and he and Amanda are destined to get married, be rich and do lots
Kit Frick
Aug 15, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Update 6/4/19: All Eyes on Us is out in the world today! So excited to introduce you to Rosalie Bell & Amanda Kelly. But beware, S O M E O N E ' S W A T C H I N G ...

It's true--All Eyes on Us is my second stand-alone YA thriller with S&S/McElderry Books, and it's coming your way in summer 2019! Here are a few reasons I'm excited to share my second book with all of you:

*Girls taking charge of their destinies in the face of immense--and immensely unhealthy--pressure from their families and communi
Jamie Rosenblit
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Last year, Kit Frick burst onto the scene with her stellar debut See All the Stars. Now, she has returned with All Eyes on Us and there is no sign of a sophomore slump here! All Eyes on Us delves into the subject matter of LGBTQ relationships and the issue of being yourself when it is unwelcome in your family (to the point of conversion camps, nonetheless.) or being who your family wants you to be - being forced to date the wealthy boy so you can continue to put on a show when your own wealth is ...more
Dahlia
Apr 27, 2019 added it
I will never stop laughing at myself for getting so mad at how "obvious" the answer was and then just...being wrong. Good job, me. Also, really happy they re-did this cover, as I think this one is a way better fit for the content and I hope it gets the book more eyes. I think I recommend this to fans of PEOPLE LIKE US? That's where my brain was going.
BookNightOwl
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
All eyes on us is a young mystery thriller about two girls dating the same boy. This kept me interested and I there were some things I didn't agree with but I did like the characters and that made up for it.
Kelsea
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
FINALLY! A diverse YA thriller that I can wholeheartedly recommend. I suppose I should add a disclaimer here that I have not read ALL of the YA thrillers, so there may be some wonderful diverse stories I’ve missed, of course. (If you know of any, LMK -- I want to read them all!) But from my previous personal experience, I’ve noticed that the thriller genre as a whole (YA and adult) has been rather lacking in diversity.

Because of this, I went into reading All Eyes on Us with both a lot of anticip
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
Don't you hate when you finish a book and you don't know how to feel about it. Like it wasn't bad, but you didn't really care about it enough to be good either, so it's just okay I'm done with that - onto the next book. That's kinda how I'm feeling after finishing All Eyes On Us.

I liked Amanda and Rosalie's character progression, but I thought the mystery was pretty obvious and I never really enjoy religion in books - expecially if it endorces conversion therapy (majoy trigger warning). I also
charlotte, (½ of readsrainbow)
On my blog.

Rep: lesbian mc, Latina lesbian li, gay side characters

CWs: graphic descriptions of conversion therapy, homophobia

Galley provided by publisher

Like the fool that I am, I went into this book believing the two girls in the blurb to be the endgame of this book. They are not. About 80 pages in, when I realised this, my motivation to read it plummeted. And that definitely did affect my rating of the book, but there were other things I was less than comfortable with (one other thing real
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
Wouldn’t you look better without a cheater on your arm?

Trigger Warnings: Conversion Therapy, Religious Fanaticism, Homophobia, Parental Shunning, Alcoholism, Threats of Outting and Violence.

I went on a splurge at the bookstore in June and kind of was grabbing at stuff, whatever looked good to me.  Screw the Goodreads ratings - I was just buying blind.  This one was on the books that I hadn't heard of prior but looked like fun, so was my blind buy worth it? Well, Kind of.

All Eye on Us is a d
Krystianna
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am never a fan of thrillers, but lately, I am! All Eyes on Us was no exception. I am pleasantly surprised and did not see any of the twists and turns coming.

I did not see that coming GIF in All Eyes On Us

The story follows the POVs of two characters, which instantly made the story more interesting for me. I'm a sucker for reading through more than one POV, and two POVs is usually
Rachel Solomon
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read an early version of this, and it is EXCELLENT.
Melanie  Brinkman
Keep your eyes open. You never know who's watching.

Amanda knows the exact course of her life. Soon she'll graduate, and eventually become the future Mrs. Shaw. Her family and her boyfriend Carter's are small town royalty, and she knows they're meant to be. But that doesn't mean Carter thinks the same way.

Rosalie walks a fine line. Hiding her relationship with her girlfriend from her family and community isn't easy. Pretending to date Carter is the safest option until college, even if it kills he
Sam (she_who_reads_)
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really solid young adult thriller! I listened to the audio and it was extremely well done- I found the pacing to be spot-on, and I was always compelled to keep listening to find out just what was going on. I guessed part of the ending, but there were definitely elements I didn’t see coming! If thrillers are your thing (either ya or adult) then you can’t go wrong with this one. Super entertaining, well written, with some really great rep! Will definitely be picking up more from this author.
OutlawPoet
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I'll be honest - I almost stopped reading this.

It takes a long time for this to become anything resembling a suspense thriller. It starts out teen angst...soooooo much angst.

I liked our lesbian character. I didn't like the straight girl so much, though she eventually had some redeeming qualities.

Finally (finally!!!) we got into the thriller territory and I was curious enough to read on.

I was quite surprised by the 'who' reveal. I didn't see it coming and was very pleased.

So, all in all, an uneve
Derek Milman
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolutely riveting thriller: queer; complex characters; beautifully atmospheric; a plot so perfectly twisty it is nearly poetry. I had a hard time putting it down. Every time I thought I figured out the answer, I was proved wrong yet again. Cannot recommend enough.
Chloe
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was fine. Just fine. I liked some of the drama, but I guessed the mystery identity and it took me 2 months to read!
Atlas
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
We're at the center of everything. All eyes on us.

* * * *
4 / 5

I'd describe All Eyes On Us as a cross between Pretty Little Liars and One of Us is Lying with a dash of The Thousandth Floor. This deceptively simple book packs a lot in and is entertaining, with lots of the drama and the glitz and glamour of the wealthy alongside plot twists.

Everyone wants my attention the second we hit the doors. That's the price of being Amanda Kelly

All Eyes On Us alternates between Amanda Kelly, devoted girlfrien
Kate (Feathered Turtle Press)
I’m slipping through the crowd, making eye contact and smiling, when my phone chimes. Instead of the usual message preview, the words Private Number light up the screen. I glance around, then step out of the hall and into the entryway. Perched on the lip of the Shaws’ stone fountain, my red Louboutins flashing against the blue marble floor that looks like the ocean, I open the text.

New Year, New You. Wouldn’t you look better without a cheater on your arm?

00 high points final
– Effectively suspenseful and thrilli
Lydia Hephzibah
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
a pretty solid ya mystery/thriller! I did guess the ending quite a bit before, so it didn't pack nearly as much punch as it could have, but I don't know if that's because it was too obvious or I just read enough of this genre for it to be clear

thanks to Netgalley for an eARC!
Iris
Dec 09, 2018 marked it as maybe-so-maybe-not  ·  review of another edition
I... I can't decide whether this book sounds horrible or amazing.
Karen Barber
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
All Eyes On Us focuses on two girls - Amanda and Rosalie - who seem very different, but who have a lot more in common than they realise...Carter Shaw, son of a local businessman.
Amanda is part of his social circle and their families have been pushing for them to be a couple since they were little. Amanda's life is mapped out for her. College with Carter, a long engagement and then children, turning a blind eye to Carter's indiscretions because that's what's expected of her. For years, she's gon
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

When I saw this title, from Kit Frick, I knew I had to read it. I love her writing style and the way that she writes real characters. This book was no exception.

Incredibly entertaining, it kept you on the edge of your seat. A boy who has everything, who wants for a life of anonymity, a girl with so many expectations from her parents to make them millions and a girl who is pressured by her church to suppress and forge
Karen Whittard
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I you like pretty little liars, Riverdale and Gossip girl, then this is the next book for you. This book is littered with suspense, it is a great book and I really hope that there will be more in the series.
Rachel
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.*

All Eyes On Us centers on two polar opposite girls: Amanda Kelly and Rosalie Bell. While very different, they have more than a few things in common. They are both dating Carter Shaw who is basically small town royalty in the suburb of Logansville. Amanda Kelly is the girlfriend who everyone knows about and who everyone assumes will be the future Mrs. Shaw. In fact, her futu
Books on Stereo
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A solid thriller that adds a nice amount of social commentary.
Jerry
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It kept me on my toes I never never really figured out who it was till I read it. The book also gives you a lot to think about. Would I recommend the book to a friend yes I would.
Jun 18, 2020 rated it liked it
This may deal with some heavy topics in it. I did liked book, but not fully love. Did hardly felt that much emotions for this book. Thought it be a emotional mess reads. It was a good story and the characters seems detach in the book. With I felt more stronger feela for the characters. It was a simple quick read.
Books on Stereo
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid thriller that adds a nice amount of social commentary.
Divya Bhatt (evelynhugosbitch)
Predictable but still a good queer thriller
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• All of Us with Wings
  • We Told Six Lies
  • Orpheus Girl
  • His Hideous Heart
  • In the Hall with the Knife (Clue Mystery, #1)
  • There's Something About Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi, #2)
Hi there! I don't accept GR friend requests because of Amazon's linked review policy. It's not personal! You can still follow me on GR for updates, and I'd love to connect on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. See ya there!

Kit Frick is a novelist, poet, and MacDowell Colony fellow from Pittsburgh, PA. She studied creative writing at Sarah Lawrence College and received her MFA from Syracu