Start by marking “The Princess and the Mercenary” as Want to Read:
The Princess and the Mercenary

The Princess and the Mercenary

(Fractured Heroes #1)

It was hate at first sight.

She is the daughter of rock royalty.
He is a scarred, grumpy former Green Beret.
She thinks he’s an amoral, uncouth soldier of fortune.
He thinks she’s a limelight-grabbing goody-two-shoes.
When Yara Emerson embarks on a humanitarian mission to Yemen, her company hires a security team for her protection.
Everything is business as usual until she meet
ebook
Published May 21st 2019 by Victoria Paige Books

To ask other readers questions about The Princess and the Mercenary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess and the Mercenary

Stacey is Sassy
*****IT'S ALIVE!!!*****

I love it when the tough guy goes mushy gushy…

Victoria Paige is a bloody legend when it comes to writing fast-paced, exciting and spine-tingling romance. I spend most of my time convinced that Ms Paige is a CIA agent who likes to write romance in her spare time. She always manages to drag me into a world where there are guns blazing, and I must read each page quickly to work out who are my enemies or allies.

The Princess and the Mercenary was BLOODY AWESOME!!!

I loved the
Vee Paige
Apr 21, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's LIVE and FREE in KINDLE UNLIMITED ➣ http://hyperurl.co/qmck21

* Enemies to lovers
* Sizzling chemistry
* Fast-paced romantic suspense
* Standalone

Read preview chapters 1 and 2

Geri Reads
This one is out now! Opposites attract + enemies to lovers shenanigans from beginning to end.
Ms. D. Reader
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Romantic Adventure!

I always look forward to a romantic suspense story by Victoria Paige. I enjoyed this action-packed story and the main couple’s chemistry. I was pleasantly surprised by the setting in Yemen where politics and humanitarian efforts are constantly in turmoil. Not only did I get a romantic suspense, but some informative insight into the different sides involved in the ongoing conflicts in the Middle East. Ms. Paige pays close attention to the story details from her researc
maggieandteddy
I read suspense novels even before I read romance.
I love when a book has the best of both worlds. I'm so happy that Ms Paige has released another nail biter.
I was concerned about the location: Yemen. I've known for years and years that this country is not open to Westerners. Not just their government, but many groups of people in this country do not want outsiders-even when bringing humanitarian add- ie food and fresh water.
This is a real country. I felt like I was reading about current events
Laura Elizabeth
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Congratulations to my goodreads friend on another great novel!
Zita
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A rock star’s daughter and a grumpy mercenary…

This is the first book in the Fractured Heroes series that can be read as a stand-alone.

Working for her father’s Earth Rescue & Aid Foundation, Yara Emerson, daughter of an American rock star and an Iranian/American supermodel, is set to go on a humanitarian mission into Yemen, embarking the instant the borders are opened to bring much-needed relief to people in a war-torn country rife with political unrest as peace talks commence. Due to the pos
Diane
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE BOOK
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "THE PRINCESS AND THE MERCENARY" WOW!!!!!! This story grabs you right from the start it's full of danger, intrigue, suspense, angst, secrets, lies, humor, passion, conspiracy, terrorists, assassinations, twist that jeep you reading til the very end.
Yara Emerson is the daughter of a famous rock star Sullivan's Creed and she was a former model with the help of her dad Sully and his BF and CEO of ERAF there humanitarians trying to help the less fortunate in Yemen an
Sassy Southern
5 Stars

The Princess and the Mercenary by Victoria Paige was an AMAZING read. I absolutely love a good protector to lovers romance as well as an enemies to lovers one and this one is both situations rolled into one. With such a unique story line this book had me hooked and on the edge of my seat from start to finish.

I absolutely loved Yara and Kade and thought they had amazing chemistry. The situations that they found themselves in had my on the edge of my seat wondering how they were going to s
Ashley Carr, LSoR
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and I will definitely be reading more from her! The book is fast-paced and action-packed. This book had me captivated from start to finish, I just couldn’t put it down. Yara and Kade have this undeniable chemistry but they hated each other on sight. The situations they found themselves in were unbelievable. I didn’t think they would survive but thankfully they always managed. With all of the twists and turns this book had me guessing up to the end. Just when I thought ...more
ImABookAddict
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action-packed

I love Victoria Paige's heroes. Kade is one of the best she's ever written and it's all because he's not always the superhero. He fails and makes mistakes. But he never quits and always admits it when he's f*cked up. Even better, he doesn't turn away from the h, Yara, once he made up his mind to be with her. I liked how we saw a lot of action but it was surrounding them together and not much apart. If you like romantic suspense, you should definitely get this one.
Debbie Benson
I received this book as part of an ARC review. It is action packed with a side of romance. The book contains humanitarian cause, intrigue, betrayal, danger and romance. What starts as basic delivery of aid to a war torn country leads to so much more as Yara and Kade enter the country and must face the egotistic General Boustari's plotting. To allow the aid mission forward, Kade's CIA handler steps in taking over protection of the aid workers. Soon everything blows up, sometimes literarily, as Ka ...more
Shelley
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh this author never disappoints! I loved it! This novel grabbed me and kept me on the edge of my seat from the very first page to the very last. So good! I loved Yara and Kade. The chemistry was so hot. This novel kept me guessing. I loved the dialogue. I love them a novel can keep me guess and at the end leaves me with a smile on my face and happy that I had the chance to read it. This novel checked all of my boxes. LOVED IT! I love this author's novels.
Linda Rorex
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yara Emerson is the daughter of an American rock star who embarks on a humanitarian mission to Yemen. Kade Spear is the mercenary former Green Beret hired to protect Yara from danger whose real mission is to go after a terrorist in the war-torn country. Opposites attract when Yara and Kade fall for each other but will he be able to protect from danger. I really enjoyed reading this interesting romantic military story.
Alison Davis
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say other than this was a great book!! You get so many great aspects to what makes a book worth reading. Love, hate, intrigue, mystery, twists, turns, betrayal and action are all the things you need to keep you interested from the first page to the last. This is the first book in a new series and I can't wait to see what the future books bring!!
Nicole Studioso
The chemistry between lead characters Kade Spear and Yara Sullivan nearly leaps off the page from the very beginning of this book! Insta-hate turns into something much more volatile here. Betrayals and misunderstandings abound, but they never overshadow the main crux of the storyline - terrorism, humanitarian aid, and high emotions.
Taryn Rivers
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love romantic suspense you need to read The Princess and The Mercenary. It's packed full of edge of your seat action plus it's super sexy! I was lucky enough to beta read it and Victoria Paige outdid herself with this one!
Kristan
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes!!! This book was exceptional and I’m thrilled it’s live and free in KU.
Paige does a phenomenal job of bringing this to life. Smart, sassy heroine. Grumpy, beautiful alpha. Grab this now!!!
Jennifer Pierson
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yara Emerson is the daughter of an American rock star, and is famous in her own right. As an Iranian/American supermodel, she's set to go on a humanitarian mission into Yemen as she's working for her father's Earth Rescue & Aid Foundation. Of course there's tons of danger as it's a war torn country still filled with political unrest, so she's accompanied by private military contractors for protection, with the head hired mercenary a grumpy man full of arrogance, who pushes her buttons. Kade ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Princess & The Mercenary By Victoria Paige is the First book in the Fractured Heroes Series. This is the story of Yara Emerson and Kade Spear.
Kade and his team have been hired to protect some humanitarians on a mission to Yemen but he is doing a double job because the CIA has enlisted him and his team to assist in looking for high terrorist targets in Yemen too. Kade being a former Green Beret now turned mercenary he goes in to do his jobs. Yara is a daughter of a Rock Star, a former mo
Harim (The Reader Blog)
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I can never resist a Victoria Paige book.
It's always action packed and the chemistry is off the charts.

As for this specific story, I am only gonna focus on Kade and Yara and their killer chemistry and ..well basically just them.

Because the story is very complicated and as a Muslim it isn't really painting a very flattering picture for me to enjoy ;) Kinda couldn't get into it.
But hey, it's just a story and VP oftens writes on this specific theme.

So, as far as Kade and Yara..I absolutely lov
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Fractured Heroes was a good name for this series. This man had things that clouded his judgement when it came to Yara. I found that he was more judgmental than what I was use to with my military hero stories.

There was a depth of realism in the pages of this story. The aid. The mission. The characters rich, raw, determined, strong. Kade and Yara were both on a mission of sorts. One out in the open the other under the cover of security.

The pacing of the story kept you turning the pages. I have f
Tracy Quoka
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for a voluntary and honest review. I've read many of her books in the past, and liked them a lot. This one didn't disappoint. Fast paced, lots of heat between the H and h. Sexy Alpha Males that I've come to expect and love from Ms. Paige. Yet another winner.
Ashley
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn't a fan of the first few chapters as it more around the relief lingo but once the storyline picked up I was hooked. These two had so much thrown at them but I loved how they overcame each thing!
I received an ARC for an honest review.
Liz Booker
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'll admit, a lot of the content of this book was way over my head. Lol. But what I could understand, I could appreciate.
4 stars
Gin
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fast-paced, action packed book with lots of twists and turns. I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Faith Foley
May 24, 2019
Mikhaela
rated it did not like it
May 22, 2019
Hadley Finn
May 08, 2019
Victoria Paige writes riveting romantic suspense and is a HOLT MEDALLION 2019 finalist.

She specializes in military romantic thrillers. Her heroes are badass alpha males and her smart, strong-willed heroines can hold their own against a bossy hero. Her books are sexually explicit and may contain dark themes, morally ambiguous choices, and disturbing situations as she injects realism into her stori