Start by marking “Regretting You” as Want to Read:
Regretting You

Regretting You

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  23,950 ratings  ·  3,661 reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling author of It Ends with Us comes a poignant novel about family, first love, grief, and betrayal that will touch the hearts of both mothers and daughters.

Morgan Grant and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Clara, would like nothing more than to be nothing alike.

Morgan is determined to prevent her daughter from making the same mistakes she did.
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 365 pages
Published December 10th 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Regretting You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Angelica Hamilton I'm so annoyed that she didn't read the letters.

·  23,950 ratings  ·  3,661 reviews

Start your review of Regretting You
Nilufer Ozmekik
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Again another upgraded review with my dream cover! (Thanks to my amateurish graphic skills)

IIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTTTTTT SOOOOOOOOOO MUCCHHH! And I decided to name this book “Loving You” with fuchsia colored cover (of course it’s my favorite color)
You want to see my version of cover. Here it is ha ha ha!

COLHO!!! You’re my all-time favorite romance writer who can perfectly create both YA and adult stories and thankfully with this book, you gave us two different
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“I’ve only ever wanted to be with you.”

description

If books were dresses, Colleen Hoover comes out with the ones WITH pockets!!!
_______________

A Story You Won't Regret
Every single time I pick up a CoHo book, I get pulled into such a distinct feeling. It's a nostalgic, hopeful, smiling-through-the-tears feeling that I can never find elsewhere. Regretting You exceeded my expectations and completely annihilated me. There is so much to be said of how well-crafted and beautiful this book was and I
Christy
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-five-stars
5 stars

photo IMG_5111_zpsqky5zwrd.png

Regretting You just made it’s way into my top 3 Colleen Hoover books. I loved it so much. It was a beautiful story with many different themes. It was a mix of young adult and contemporary romance. It’s one of those books that you can’t put into one box.

This book felt like I was reading 3 separate stories at once, yet they came together seamlessly. It was the story of a mother and teenage daughter and their changing relationship. The story of young love. And the story of a grieving
jessica
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ive never given a CoHo book fewer than 5 stars and im sure as heck not gonna start now.

what really surprised me was how much i enjoyed the family aspect of this. i really love how CoHo portrays her romance, so i was worried the focus on the mother/daughter relationship would detract from that, but it doesnt!

if anything, focusing on two different romances is what bothered me (if i can even consider it bothersome - which i probably cant). i really appreciate both them. i actually wish she had
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
4.5 Gave Me All The Feels, Emotional Stars!

Simply put Colleen Hoover does it again. This book about grief, love, friendship and family took me on such an emotional roller coaster. I loved the characters - CoHo has such a way of making her characters come to life. It feels as if you know them. I definitely felt that here.

There is a dual romance that worked really well within the story. You will find yourself invested in both these relationships and rooting for the characters to have a true shot
David Putnam
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book a great deal, mostly because the writing craft is so strong. It’s written in two points of view, the daughter and the mother. It’s in present tense, which makes the story more immediate. This could easily be a five star for me but unfortunately I read this book after The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, and Daisy and The Six, both stellar books and difficult to follow.
Regretting You, is easy to drop into and the details helped to keep me in the “fictive dream.” The story
Holly  B
4.5 STARS

You get a little bit of everything....

A story full of emotion, both a mother's and a teenage daughter's POV, authentic characters and some sticky situations that may have you questioning their decisions, motives, and wondering how many more secrets are lingering in the past.

This story was easy to fall into and I became invested in the mother/daughter journey which is full of life lessons, drama, regrets and trying to hold it all together.

At times I was shocked and teary-eyed. I was
Ashley (pawingthroughpages)
UPDATE: 5-31-19 My name is Ashley, and I approve this cover. *two thumbs up* The cover was just revealed on Colleen's Instagram

Dear Montlake Romance,
I hope this finds you well. Please DO NOT put awkward people on Colleen's covers. It's tacky and off brand for her. Don't think I didn't look up your other covers...I did.. Please do right by the queen.

Let's recap: NO PEOPLE ON COLLEEN'S COVERS.

Best of Luck,
Ashley

Bibi
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Outstanding*

The simplicity and consistency of the storytelling is the strongest aspect of this book. With faultless pacing from the very first page,
we meet characters who are in the midst of defining moments predicated on a singular decision. When fate dealt its hands, that tapestry provides the backdrop for a story with much heartache, but also hope and growth and love.

The thing I most appreciate is how Hoover kept a distance, never manipulating the situation. To take a premise such as this
Gabby
4.5 Stars
Wow, this story is incredible. I will admit, after discovering this book is YA (or at least has a POV from a sixteen year old character) I was trying to lower my expectations, because I haven’t been a huge fan of Colleen’s past YA books. But this book is exceptional.

I went into this book completely blindly, which I love to do with Colleen Hoover books because her stories are so surprising and she’s able to write so many plot twists into a contemporary story, it’s fascinating. So I
Larry H
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m fighting some sort of cold/flu thing and my sleep patterns are all messed up, so I read Regretting You in a few hours the other night and early into the morning. Nice to be crying when you can’t really breathe!!

Morgan was 17 when she gave birth to her daughter, Clara. She and her boyfriend Chris got married when they found out she was pregnant, and the course of her life was different than she imagined it would be. Although she wishes she would’ve been able to finish college and get a job,
Paige
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this novel not knowing much about it except having read the basic description of the book, and I recommend doing the same...knowing little as possible!!! I really loved it and couldn't put it down. It is very character driven and the dialogue is sharp.

Thirty-four year old Morgan begins to see her life as predictable and struggles with her identity as a housewife. Her teenage daughter, Clara, feels like she is treated with too many rules but respects her parents wishes. That is,
arini ★彡
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
unpopular opinion

who'd have known i was signing myself up for a disaster when i picked this up, le sigh.

this was a MESS, and im having a serious case of NEBRASKA headache. being in clara's head made me want to commit murder. im sorry, but despite understanding the whole situation, i just CANNOT ACCEPT it.

the whole plot was messed up. everyone ended up with the wrong person bcs of some shitty circumstances. it was also predictable, but in a way that still took you off guard when your
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
regretting-you

Regretting you was one of my most highly anticipated reads of December. As soon as it went live I was off like a rocket one clicking!! And it lived up to everything I hoped it would.

No words can describe how much I loved this.

Straight away I fell under Colleen Hoover's spell, aliens could've taken over my little spot in the world and I never would've noticed. This book took me on such a such profound, emotional journey that life ceased to exist..And this is why I love reading as much as I do.
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This book stabbed me in the heart, just like each and every Colleen Hoover book does, this one was just a lot earlier than the others. This isn’t your traditional romance novel, but don’t worry, CoHo won’t leave you wanting for more. Regretting You is about the relationship between a mother and daughter and how they navigate personal tragedy. The reason I love Colleen Hoover’s writing so much is that no matter what, I find a way to relate to her characters. Yes, I know, you’re thinking “Wait, ...more
✨ A ✨
Apr 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-release
Well hello there future CoHo book. I know it's too soon but... I can tell that I'm going to love you!! ...more
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡ (semi-hiatus)
3.5 / 5 stars

[ UPDATE : 15 December 2019 - FULL REVIEW ]

If you’ve seen my ratings of CoHo’s books before, you might already see that I’ve never gave her books lower than 4 stars. But..... why is this book different? Let me tell you.

First of all, a warning. Regretting You is teeming with dramas as always as her previous books (maybe a little bit more than the older ones, I guess) so if you want to add some drama to your life and in case you don’t mind being upset because of its story, just go
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

What an emotional and captivating story!Colleen always has a way with her words that once I start a story of her I just can't put it down until I finish it!This is exactly what happened with this one, I was hooked and intrigued and I wanted more and more.

description

Regretting You is one of the best books I have read from her, the story is interesting and full of emotions!I cried I swoon and I was so frustrated that I wanted to brake my kindle!We see how the relationship between a mother and
Em Lost In Books
Tagged as romance but this definitely doesn't belong to that genre. It's more about the misunderstanding between two people and how they overcame it. Deeply melancholic at times but still it ended on a great note.
 Kath
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As always with this author, I loved the book. Colleen Hoover has a magical way of yanking you into a story that once I start, I won't stop until I'm finished. It's like living inside the story while I'm reading it. Once again, another 5 star review for one of my favourite authors !

I know I'm not the best reviewer, not even close. I seemed to have lost my way when it comes to writing anything, something I was really good at once upon a time not that long ago.
Before I retired, the job I had
Berit☀️✨
An epic girlneeds an equally epic guy, and I guess I’ve never felt epic enough for you.*Swoon*

The hype is real! This book was so Flippin’ fantastic! All the feels, not one but two epic love stories, a real and raw look at the mother daughter relationship, tragedy, grief, forgiveness, romance, love, acceptance. Colleen Hoover is an absolute rockstar and this is one of her very best!

Hoover’s exceptional storytelling completely Drew me into these characters lives. The story is told from the
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars

I vow not to spoil anything in this review and …it will be difficult as the synopsis is fairly vague about major events but let’s do it!

First, I will begin by telling you that not all of Colleen Hoover’s books appeal to me as some had triggers and others are darker but I am happy to report Regretting You was just one of these favorite reads for me.

If I had to put a label on this book though I would be very puzzled as it’s not exactly YA nor mainly adult so maybe NA? There is romance
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-ebooks
4.5/ 5 stars

Regretting You was my most anticipated read of the year. There are very few books that I would drop everything to read. But Colleen Hoover is one of my absolute favorite authors. So I was beyond excited to read this new book.

Regretting You is sort of a combination between Women's Fiction, Contemporary Romance and Young Adult fiction.

I have read every book that Colleen Hoover has written. And I have loved them all. Regretting You is definitely a bit different from most of her other
Nazanin
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars

"Right after something tragic happens, you feel like you’ve fallen off a cliff. But after the tragedy starts to sink in, you realize you didn’t fall off a cliff. You’re on an eternal roller coaster that just reached the bottom. Now it’s gonna be up and down and upside down for a long, long time. Maybe even forever."

Sorry guys but this one fell flat for me. I’m a big fan of CoHo’s books but I expected something more, something that pulls at my heartstrings. I didn’t feel anything! Actually
Amy | Foxy Blogs
description

NO REGRETS GIVEN!! This book was something I couldn’t put down. I spent my birthday reading it. I took a break to go to lunch with my husband and then came home and finished it. It was the most amazing birthday gift I gave to myself: spending the day with no distractions and reading Regretting You!

I’m calling it now: it’s my new favorite CoHo book. Okay, maybe I should say it’s tied with my longtime CoHo favorite, Hopeless. I guess in some ways they have a similar vibe and in other ways, they
NZLisaM
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Regretting You consumed me.

4.5

On her thirty fourth birthday, Morgan is dissatisfied with her life. As a pregnant teenager she was forced to marry young, and as much as she loves her husband Chris, and her daughter Clara, she feels like she's achieved nothing of her own in seventeen years. She vows to remedy that.

But when tragedy strikes, a devastating betrayal is revealed, one that will have far reaching consequences for both Morgan and Clara.

Captivating, lovely, and deeply affecting. Once
Nina
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Colleen Hoover has done it once again. She’s definitely a hit or miss author for me but Regretting You was such a good book and in my opinion, one of the best ones she’s written so far!

Before I started reading this one I honestly didn’t think I’d love it as much as I ultimately did. Based on the synopsis it didn’t exactly sound like a book I’d enjoy but I’m very happy I was proven wrong. I was hooked after the
Ambur
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first finished Regretting You, I was totally lost for words! I was so full and overwhelmed emotions, but I totally knew that I loved it...I've cleaned this up a bit now, but for the most part, here's my very ramble-filled first impression after having finished Regretting You.

First off, as soon as I started Regretting You, I didn't want to put it down! My emotions were all over the place, and like I typically do with CoHo's books...I cried (more than once haha), but I loved this book so,
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif
"𝗜’𝗺 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜’𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂.”

This book is a combination of young romance (YA) and adult romance, which tells the story of Morgan (the mother) and Clara (her teenage daughter) and allowing us to accompany their journey (together and separately) in the most difficult time of their lives, after experiencing a terrible tragedy.

I'm not going to write about the plot to avoid spoilers... Instead, I'll tell you what this book made me feel: it made
Saunders

• The Sun Down Motel
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Once Upon a Wish-mas
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • Good Girls Lie
  • The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)
  • The House Without A Key
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Faker
  • The Wives
  • Feels Like Falling
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Unforgettable (Indulgence, #3)
  • Shortcake
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Husband Material
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller and Women's Fiction. And maybe a ghost story soon.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.

“Attraction isn’t something that only happens once, with one person. It’s part of what drives humans. Our attraction to each other, to art, to food, to entertainment. Attraction is fun. So when you decide to commit to someone, you aren’t saying, ‘I promise I’ll never be attracted to anyone else.’ You’re saying, ‘I promise to commit to you, despite my potential future attraction to other people.’” I look at Clara. “Relationships are hard for that very reason. Your body and your heart don’t stop finding the beauty and the attraction in other people simply because you’ve made a commitment to one person. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you’re drawn to someone else, it’s up to you to remove yourself from that situation before it becomes too hard to fight.” 30 likes
“Sometimes you have to walk away from the fight in order to win it.” 20 likes