Start by marking “Regretting You” as Want to Read:

Regretting You

From #1 New York Times bestselling author of It Ends with Us comes a poignant novel about family, first love, grief, and betrayal that will touch the hearts of both mothers and daughters.

Morgan Grant and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Clara, would like nothing more than to be nothing alike.

Morgan is determined to prevent her daughter from making the same mistakes she did.
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 365 pages

Availability: 100 copies available, 12796 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 17 - Dec 09, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Regretting You, please sign up.

Start your review of Regretting You
    Christy
    Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2019-five-stars
    5 stars

photo IMG_5111_zpsqky5zwrd.png

Regretting You just made it’s way into my top 3 Colleen Hoover books. I loved it so much. It was a beautiful story with many different themes. It was a mix of young adult and contemporary romance. It’s one of those books that you can’t put into one box.

This book felt like I was reading 3 separate stories at once, yet they came together seamlessly. It was the story of a mother and teenage daughter and their changing relationship. The story of young love. And the story of a grieving
    Ashley (pawingthroughpages)
    UPDATE: 5-31-19 My name is Ashley, and I approve this cover. *two thumbs up* The cover was just revealed on Colleen's Instagram

Dear Montlake Romance,
    I hope this finds you well. Please DO NOT put awkward people on Colleen's covers. It's tacky and off brand for her. Don't think I didn't look up your other covers...I did.. Please do right by the queen.

Let's recap: NO PEOPLE ON COLLEEN'S COVERS.

Best of Luck,
    Ashley

BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
    4.5 Gave Me All The Feels, Emotional Stars!

Simply put Colleen Hoover does it again. This book about grief, love, friendship and family took me on such an emotional roller coaster. I loved the characters - CoHo has such a way of making her characters come to life. It feels as if you know them. I definitely felt that here.

There is a dual romance that worked really well within the story. You will find yourself invested in both these relationships and rooting for the characters to have a true shot
    ✨ A ✨
    Apr 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: 2019-release
    Well hello there future CoHo book. I know it's too soon but... I can tell that I'm going to love you!! ...more
    Gabby
    4.5 Stars
    Wow, this story is incredible. I will admit, after discovering this book is YA (or at least has a POV from a sixteen year old character) I was trying to lower my expectations, because I haven’t been a huge fan of Colleen’s past YA books. But this book is exceptional.

I went into this book completely blindly, which I love to do with Colleen Hoover books because her stories are so surprising and she’s able to write so many plot twists into a contemporary story, it’s fascinating. So I
    Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc
    This book stabbed me in the heart, just like each and every Colleen Hoover book does, this one was just a lot earlier than the others. This isn’t your traditional romance novel, but don’t worry, CoHo won’t leave you wanting for more. Regretting You is about the relationship between a mother and daughter and how they navigate personal tragedy. The reason I love Colleen Hoover’s writing so much is that no matter what, I find a way to relate to her characters. Yes, I know, you’re thinking “Wait, ...more
    Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
    4,5 stars

I vow not to spoil anything in this review and …it will be difficult as the synopsis is fairly vague about major events but let’s do it!

First, I will begin by telling you that not all of Colleen Hoover’s books appeal to me as some had triggers and others are darker but I am happy to report Regretting You was just one of these favorite reads for me.

If I had to put a label on this book though I would be very puzzled as it’s not exactly YA nor mainly adult so maybe NA? There is romance
    Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
    <3 5 STARS <3

What an emotional and captivating story!Colleen always has a way with her words that once I start a story of her I just can't put it down until I finish it!This is exactly what happened with this one, I was hooked and intrigued and I wanted more and more.

description

Regretting You is one of the best books I have read from her, the story is interesting and full of emotions!I cried I swoon and I was so frustrated that I wanted to brake my kindle!We see how the relationship between a mother
    Ambur
    Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I'm kind of lost for words right now, so this is going to be a very ramble-filled first impression after having finished Regretting You.

First off, as soon as I started Regretting You, I didn't want to put it down! My emotions are currently all over the place, and like I typically do with CoHo's books...I cried (more than once haha), but I loved this book so, so much!

I don't think I've ever read a book where a mother/daughter relationship was such a central focus or portrayed the way that it
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Nov 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
    4 FREAKING DAYS to WAIT FOR getting my hands on another deliciously fantastic written (of course it must be good, I never give less than four stars to any COLHO book) work! I said goodbye to my lucky stars because I haven't gotten any ARC COPY! So like a regular fan, I'm waiting for the release date patiently while I'm biting my nails, tapping my foot and screaming! See how mature I am!!!!
    KP
    Jul 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Is there a teaser?
    Anything to get us by until December rolls over?
    If not, then this is just cruel. CRUEL. Torture. Waiting...waiting...waiting....arrgh.
    Jenny
    Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2019
    I am constantly amazed that Colleen can write so many styles and they are all still fabulous. She has a way with words that just draw me in no matter the content. Regretting You is about a teenage daughter and mother during the hardest time of their lives. They already have a hard relationship and when tragedy strikes it take a huge toll on them. they both keep things from each other which causes so many problems. It’s a reminder to always be honest no matter what. The characters, despite my ...more
    Kendall
    OH MY GAWWWWDDDDDD all the DAMN feels!!! Ok let's be real Colleen I would read your Christmas list if you published it!

Ok... hands down every time I read a book by Hoover I know that I either can be pulled out of a book slump or just completely fall head over heels in love!!

This book will take you for an emotional ride my friends. My goodness did I have some teary eyes in this one and I couldn't get enough of all of these characters. Ugh Colleen you KILL me in the best way. You tore my heart
    Sarah/DragonflyReads
    Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
     photo E4D4103D-4CBF-46D0-87EA-37CCA25CF534.jpg

When was the last time you finished a book and thought...”I need to buy this for my mom.”?

Colleen Hoover is a boy mom and she wrote the mother daughter dynamic better than a true story. Regretting You is so heartbreaking that it made me uncomfortable. It’s so moving that I’m filled with so much warmth and love and I need this physical copy so I can give it to my daughter when the time is right.

This book needs to be read. With all Hoover books, go in blind, don’t worry about the synopsis. Just
    Shannon
    Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Thanks to Montlake Romance for providing me an ecopy via NG.

It’s no secret I’ve been a huge fan of Colleen Hoover since I read her novel It Ends With Us. And after reading Verity last year, I’ve been itching for my next Hoover fix. Regretting You came just in time to get me out of a horrible book slump!

This book gave me alllll the feels. It was sweet, cute, emotional and it was exactly what I needed. If you are a fan of Hoover, or even if you haven’t read her yet, I highly recommend this one! 5
    Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley-ebooks
    4.5/ 5 stars

Regretting You was my most anticipated read of the year. There are very few books that I would drop everything to read. But Colleen Hoover is one of my absolute favorite authors. So I was beyond excited to read this new book.

Regretting You is sort of a combination between Women's Fiction, Contemporary Romance and Young Adult fiction.

I have read every book that Colleen Hoover has written. And I have loved them all. Regretting You is definitely a bit different from most of her other
    Christy
    Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This is Colleen Hoover at her best. Regretting You took me back to all the feelings I had with Slammed. This book was so addictive. I read it all in one sitting, ignored my family and bathroom breaks. I’m not joking about the addictive part. I was fully invested in this story from the first chapter. The characters were so relatable, I feel like we’re friends now and I’m going to miss them so much. This story was all the things and so much more!
    Cardan Greenbriar
    Aug 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
    CoHo, sweetie, you need to do something about your obsession with car accidents in your books
    Kate Page
    Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Wow. Welcome to my bookshelf Colleen Hoover. This is the first book I have read of Hoover's and it will definitely not be my last. I loved her writing style and am super keen to experience more of it.

Regretting You had me hooked from the first chapter. We have two narrators in this book, a mother, Morgan, and her teen daughter, Clara, and the story is told from both of their perspectives, over alternating chapters. The relationship between Morgan and Clara is rocked and tested by an incredible
    Virginia
    Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Sometimes you read a story that is so phenomenal and addicting that you have a hard time putting into words how brilliant it was.

That is me and Regretting You. As I tried to think of what to say about this masterpiece, I knew I couldn’t do it justice.

Regretting You is absolutely one of the best books I have ever read.

Colleen is at her finest with Regretting You. She writes the dynamic between a mother and a teenage daughter to perfection and realistically. My daughter is the same age as the
    ~♡AB♡~
    Told from the point of view from both Mother & Daughter, this story was emotional and heartfelt. We follow three different relationships and are treated to an angsty second chance romance, a new adult high school romance AND a roller-coaster journey between 2 women who are learning to live with a new normal - all rolled into one spectacular read.
    Absolutely loved it
    Ashley
    Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019, netgalley
    Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Thank you to Montlake Romance and Netgalley for the chance to read this book and to Colleen Hoover for acknowledging that orange is the worst color on the planet.

With every Colleen Hoover book, I’m in awe. The readability alone is astounding, but I’m convinced no one sees the world quite like she does until we’ve read her books. We get the tiniest glimpse into her brilliant mind and are somehow persuaded to view others with a little more love and compassion
    DeAnna Ellison
    Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I went into this book completely blind, didn’t even read the synopsis with just an admiration for the author and a hope that I wouldn’t be disappointed. I absolutely loved it. It was a constant whirlwind of emotions and at times I felt so connected in the characters I’m pretty sure I felt genuine rage. If you’re in the mood for a kind of twisted romance novel bred from the depths of tragedy with a truly heart wrenching mother daughter dynamic this is your book. Hell if you just want to read a ...more
    Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
    WOW.

Rate: 5 gutwrenching stars.

I still can't believe I was blessed with an ARC of this book. Like any Coho book, this only took me a few hours to devour and only a few pages to shatter my heart.

It's a fact that all Coho books will break your heart in someway and all in their own levels but somehow Regretting You really hit me deep. It was like I read this book with a fist around my heart, squeezing it at every page.

I've never read a mother/daughter book before and I thought that this change
    Elle's Book Blog
    Release Date: December 10, 2019
    Actual Rating: 5 stars

Standalone | Women's Fiction

Regretting You by Colleen Hoover is much different than the authors previous books. I honestly thought this one would be another romance, but it isn’t. It’s a women’s fiction novel about a mother and daughter who must come together after tragedy strikes their lives. Told in Hoover’s prose, this is a poignant, unforgettable read that will teach you valuable lessons about forgiveness and healing. It’s also bound
    Talon
    Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
    "Find something to fill all the the corners."

I read this book two times. The first time, I wasn't a fan. (That's all I am going to say on that.) The second time, Colleen Hoover stole my heart. I am so glad that I read this story the second time around, I would have hated to see what I would have missed had I not.

So, two things first:

1. Colleen Hoover
    2. Character driven stories

Two of my favorite things.Bam! And Regretting You had just that! Driving away from her normal POV structures, Colleen
    Ashleigh Wilson
    Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Hands down, one of my top books of the year! This story is sure to stay with me for a long time. I went in blind, as I prefer to do with CoHo books, and was not disappointed. I felt oddly and deeply connected to these characters. I felt every ounce of agony, grief, love and happiness with them. I rooted for them. I broke with them. I cried with them. It takes a lot for me to connect like that.
    T.
    Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Stop what you are doing and read this book. Regretting You is EVERTHING!! This is old school CoHo times 100, think Slammed and Hopeless on steroids (if steroids were good for you). RY is why Mrs. Hoover is an OG, she’s got mad skills.
    I was hooked from page one, 100% invested in Madison and Clara’s story that is what made this book so special, the mother/daughter dynamic one is living the life that the other had to let go. You get two stories in one heartbreakingly beautiful book. The struggle of
    Nina
    Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    *ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I loved this one! RTC!

instagram || my blog || twitter
    Berit☀️✨
    This book is now downloaded onto my Kindle and I could not be more excited!!! ...more
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
    Turning Pages At ...: Regretting You by Colleen Hoover 6 12 Dec 01, 2019 06:55AM
    Colleen Hoover is the #1 New York Times and International bestselling author of multiple novels and novellas.She lives in Texas with her husband and their three boys.

• The Sun Down Motel
    • You Were There Too
    • Reputation
    • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
    • Winter Tales
    • Good Girls Lie
    • This Is Not How It Ends
    • The Other Mrs.
    • The Last Post
    • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
    • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
    • Before You
    • The Lineup
    International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller and Women's Fiction. And maybe a ghost story soon.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.