Start by marking “Regretting You” as Want to Read:
Regretting You

Regretting You

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  60,623 ratings  ·  7,125 reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling author of It Ends with Us comes a poignant novel about family, first love, grief, and betrayal that will touch the hearts of both mothers and daughters.

Morgan Grant and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Clara, would like nothing more than to be nothing alike.

Morgan is determined to prevent her daughter from making the same mistakes she did.
Published December 10th 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Regretting You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Angelica Hamilton I'm so annoyed that she didn't read the letters.

·  60,623 ratings  ·  7,125 reviews

Start your review of Regretting You
Nilufer Ozmekik
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Again another upgraded review with my dream cover! (Thanks to my amateurish graphic skills)

IIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTTTTTT SOOOOOOOOOO MUCCHHH! And I decided to name this book “Loving You” with fuchsia colored cover (of course it’s my favorite color)
You want to see my version of cover. Here it is ha ha ha!

COLHO!!! You’re my all-time favorite romance writer who can perfectly create both YA and adult stories and thankfully with this book, you gave us two different amazi
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“I’ve only ever wanted to be with you.”

description

If books were dresses, Colleen Hoover comes out with the ones WITH pockets!!!
_______________

A Story You Won't Regret
Every single time I pick up a CoHo book, I get pulled into such a distinct feeling. It's a nostalgic, hopeful, smiling-through-the-tears feeling that I can never find elsewhere. Regretting You exceeded my expectations and completely annihilated me. There is so much to be said of how well-crafted and beautiful this book was and I
Christy
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-five-stars
5 stars

photo IMG_5111_zpsqky5zwrd.png

Regretting You just made it’s way into my top 3 Colleen Hoover books. I loved it so much. It was a beautiful story with many different themes. It was a mix of young adult and contemporary romance. It’s one of those books that you can’t put into one box.

This book felt like I was reading 3 separate stories at once, yet they came together seamlessly. It was the story of a mother and teenage daughter and their changing relationship. The story of young love. And the story of a grieving wo
David Putnam
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book a great deal, mostly because the writing craft is so strong. It’s written in two points of view, the daughter and the mother. It’s in present tense, which makes the story more immediate. This could easily be a five star for me but unfortunately I read this book after The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, and Daisy and The Six, both stellar books and difficult to follow.
Regretting You, is easy to drop into and the details helped to keep me in the “fictive dream.” The story describe
Arini
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Unpopular Opinion

Who’d have known I was signing myself up for a disaster when I picked this up, le sigh.

2.5 Stars

This was a MESS, and I’m having a serious case of NEBRASKA headache. Being in Clara’s head made me want to commit murder. I’m sorry, but despite understanding the whole situation, I just CANNOT with this book!!!!!

The whole plot was messed up. Everyone ended up with the wrong person because of some shitty circumstances. It was also predictable, but in a way that still took you
jessica
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ive never given a CoHo book fewer than 5 stars and im sure as heck not gonna start now.

what really surprised me was how much i enjoyed the family aspect of this. i really love how CoHo portrays her romance, so i was worried the focus on the mother/daughter relationship would detract from that, but it doesnt!

if anything, focusing on two different romances is what bothered me (if i can even consider it bothersome - which i probably cant). i really appreciate both them. i actually wish she had wr
BernLuvsBooks
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Gave Me All The Feels, Emotional Stars!

Simply put Colleen Hoover does it again. This book about grief, love, friendship and family took me on such an emotional roller coaster. I loved the characters - CoHo has such a way of making her characters come to life. It feels as if you know them. I definitely felt that here.

There is a dual romance that worked really well within the story. You will find yourself invested in both these relationships and rooting for the characters to have a true shot
Bibi
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Outstanding*

The simplicity and consistency of the storytelling is the strongest aspect of this book. With faultless pacing from the very first page,
we meet characters who are in the midst of defining moments predicated on a single decision. When fate dealt its hands, that tapestry provides the backdrop for a story with much heartache, but also hope and growth and love.

The thing I most appreciate is how Hoover kept a distance, never manipulating the situation. To take a premise such as this wi
Holly  B
4.5 STARS

You get a little bit of everything....

A story full of emotion, both a mother's and a teenage daughter's POV, authentic characters and some sticky situations that may have you questioning their decisions, motives, and wondering how many more secrets are lingering in the past.

This story was easy to fall into and I became invested in the mother/daughter journey which is full of life lessons, drama, regrets and trying to hold it all together.

At times I was shocked and teary-eyed. I was
demi. ♡
❥ 3.5 / 5 stars

[ UPDATE : 15 December 2019 - FULL REVIEW ]

If you’ve seen my ratings of CoHo’s books before, you might already see that I’ve never gave her books lower than 4 stars. But..... why is this book different? Let me tell you.

First of all, a warning. Regretting You is teeming with dramas as always as her previous books (maybe a little bit more than the older ones, I guess) so if you want to add some drama to your life and in case you don’t mind being upset because of its story, just go
Ashley
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-tbr
UPDATE: 5-31-19 My name is Ashley, and I approve this cover. *two thumbs up* The cover was just revealed on Colleen's Instagram

Dear Montlake Romance,
I hope this finds you well. Please DO NOT put awkward people on Colleen's covers. It's tacky and off brand for her. Don't think I didn't look up your other covers...I did.. Please do right by the queen.

Let's recap: NO PEOPLE ON COLLEEN'S COVERS.

Best of Luck,
Ashley
Larry H
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m fighting some sort of cold/flu thing and my sleep patterns are all messed up, so I read Regretting You in a few hours the other night and early into the morning. Nice to be crying when you can’t really breathe!!

Morgan was 17 when she gave birth to her daughter, Clara. She and her boyfriend Chris got married when they found out she was pregnant, and the course of her life was different than she imagined it would be. Although she wishes she would’ve been able to finish college and get a jo
Gabby
4.5 Stars
Wow, this story is incredible. I will admit, after discovering this book is YA (or at least has a POV from a sixteen year old character) I was trying to lower my expectations, because I haven’t been a huge fan of Colleen’s past YA books. But this book is exceptional.

I went into this book completely blindly, which I love to do with Colleen Hoover books because her stories are so surprising and she’s able to write so many plot twists into a contemporary story, it’s fascinating. So I recom
Paige
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this novel not knowing much about it except having read the basic description of the book, and I recommend doing the same...knowing little as possible!!! I really loved it and couldn't put it down. It is very character driven and the dialogue is sharp.

Thirty-four year old Morgan begins to see her life as predictable and struggles with her identity as a housewife. Her teenage daughter, Clara, feels like she is treated with too many rules but respects her parents wishes. That is, unti
EmBibliophile
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
5 stars

Fun fact; I hate orange. I just hate the color with passion and the fact that this book acknowledges how awful the color is so satisfying. Because I can completely relate!!! It took me so long to finally buy the book because of its color, yes I could be that shallow sometimes!

Dealing with grief is hard. The dealing with grief in this book was the worst!!

I don’t want to say much about the book. But I need to say that I’ve felt a huge amount of anger. What happened in this book made me so a
Yun
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regretting You follows mother/daughter duo Morgan and Clara. Morgan had Clara when she was only 17, and put her dreams on hold to raise her daughter. The two love each other, but often clash due to their strong personalities. When tragedy strikes the family, the two must put aside their differences and try to come to terms with their new circumstances.

This story has all the best of Colleen Hoover. It delves into the complex relationship between a parent and a child, the challenges of growing up
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
regretting-you

Regretting you was one of my most highly anticipated reads of December. As soon as it went live I was off like a rocket one clicking!! And it lived up to everything I hoped it would.

No words can describe how much I loved this.

Straight away I fell under Colleen Hoover's spell, aliens could've taken over my little spot in the world and I never would've noticed. This book took me on such a such profound, emotional journey that life ceased to exist..And this is why I love reading as much as I d
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This book stabbed me in the heart, just like each and every Colleen Hoover book does, this one was just a lot earlier than the others. This isn’t your traditional romance novel, but don’t worry, CoHo won’t leave you wanting for more. Regretting You is about the relationship between a mother and daughter and how they navigate personal tragedy. The reason I love Colleen Hoover’s writing so much is that no matter what, I find a way to relate to her characters. Yes, I know, you’re thinking “Wait, wh ...more
✨ A ✨
Apr 25, 2019 marked it as interested
Shelves: 2019-release
Well hello there future CoHo book. I know it's too soon but... I can tell that I'm going to love you!! 😌
Saunders
Jen
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I don’t totally regret reading this but upon reflection, this isn’t my type of read.
Hoover’s writing is engaging and fast paced but I just always feel like I need more- more of an emotional connection; more depth to her characters; more depth to the themes she attempts to tackle. And everything just works out far too conveniently.

This, for me, was more of a YA read as it was structured in half with the daughter’s perspective, and the other, the mom’s.
I’ve heard Verity may be a step up to what
Em Lost In Books
Tagged as romance but this definitely doesn't belong to that genre. It's more about the misunderstanding between two people and how they overcame it. Deeply melancholic at times but still it ended on a great note.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

What an emotional and captivating story!Colleen always has a way with her words that once I start a story of her I just can't put it down until I finish it!This is exactly what happened with this one, I was hooked and intrigued and I wanted more and more.

description

Regretting You is one of the best books I have read from her, the story is interesting and full of emotions!I cried I swoon and I was so frustrated that I wanted to brake my kindle!We see how the relationship between a mother and daugh
Corina
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I must admit I picked up this book with the expectation that it wouldn’t be more than a DNF. I clearly opened this book with low expectations. But I was shocked when I read on and on and couldn’t put it down. I finally had to, at around 29% to go to bed, but those first 29% were AMAZING. At this point I already had a good idea that this book might actually turn into a 5 star read for me.

There were many scenes between Morgan, the mother and Jonah that squeezed my heart, and I got all gooey becaus
Ceecee
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
So, what have I learned? CoHo ain’t for me. No sir. Nope, nope, nope. Regretting(buying)you. I’m done.
Nazanin
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars

"Right after something tragic happens, you feel like you’ve fallen off a cliff. But after the tragedy starts to sink in, you realize you didn’t fall off a cliff. You’re on an eternal roller coaster that just reached the bottom. Now it’s gonna be up and down and upside down for a long, long time. Maybe even forever."

Sorry guys but this one fell flat for me. I’m a big fan of CoHo’s books but I expected something more, something that pulls at my heartstrings. I didn’t feel anything! Actually
 Kath
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As always with this author, I loved the book. Colleen Hoover has a magical way of yanking you into a story that once I start, I won't stop until I'm finished. It's like living inside the story while I'm reading it. Once again, another 5 star review for one of my favourite authors !

I know I'm not the best reviewer, not even close. I seemed to have lost my way when it comes to writing anything, something I was really good at once upon a time not that long ago.
Before I retired, the job I had cons
Berit☀️✨
An epic girlneeds an equally epic guy, and I guess I’ve never felt epic enough for you.*Swoon*

The hype is real! This book was so Flippin’ fantastic! All the feels, not one but two epic love stories, a real and raw look at the mother daughter relationship, tragedy, grief, forgiveness, romance, love, acceptance. Colleen Hoover is an absolute rockstar and this is one of her very best!

Hoover’s exceptional storytelling completely Drew me into these characters lives. The story is told from the alte
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-ebooks
4.5/ 5 stars

Regretting You was my most anticipated read of the year. There are very few books that I would drop everything to read. But Colleen Hoover is one of my absolute favorite authors. So I was beyond excited to read this new book.

Regretting You is sort of a combination between Women's Fiction, Contemporary Romance and Young Adult fiction.

I have read every book that Colleen Hoover has written. And I have loved them all. Regretting You is definitely a bit different from most of her other bo
Amy | Foxy Blogs
description

NO REGRETS GIVEN!! This book was something I couldn’t put down. I spent my birthday reading it. I took a break to go to lunch with my husband and then came home and finished it. It was the most amazing birthday gift I gave to myself: spending the day with no distractions and reading Regretting You!

I’m calling it now: it’s my new favorite CoHo book. Okay, maybe I should say it’s tied with my longtime CoHo favorite, Hopeless. I guess in some ways they have a similar vibe and in other ways, they

• Once Upon a Wish-mas
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • The One For You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)
  • The House Without A Key
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Faker
  • Feels Like Falling
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Unforgettable (Indulgence, #3)
  • Shortcake
  • Husband Material
  • Open House (Uptown, #2)
  • One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)
  • Hitching the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch, #1)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • On the Corner of Love and Hate (Hopeless Romantics, #1)
  • Behind Every Lie
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller and Women's Fiction. And maybe a ghost story soon.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.

Articles featuring this book

When you work at Goodreads, it's pretty tough to keep that Want to Read shelf under control. (And let's be honest, most of us don't even...
“Attraction isn’t something that only happens once, with one person. It’s part of what drives humans. Our attraction to each other, to art, to food, to entertainment. Attraction is fun. So when you decide to commit to someone, you aren’t saying, ‘I promise I’ll never be attracted to anyone else.’ You’re saying, ‘I promise to commit to you, despite my potential future attraction to other people.’” I look at Clara. “Relationships are hard for that very reason. Your body and your heart don’t stop finding the beauty and the attraction in other people simply because you’ve made a commitment to one person. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you’re drawn to someone else, it’s up to you to remove yourself from that situation before it becomes too hard to fight.” 63 likes
“Sometimes you have to walk away from the fight in order to win it.” 53 likes