Start by marking “Tales of Lunis Aquaria” as Want to Read:
Tales of Lunis Aquaria

Tales of Lunis Aquaria

The balance is tipping. Something shifts in the world of Lunis Aquaria. Menacing creatures, daunting deserts, and treacherous mountains. Hardships and solace, friendships and love. Read the stories of what went on before the world is lost in disparity and meet the heroes who will one day restore harmony.

Tales of Lunis Aquaria is a collection of nine short stories set in th
ebook, 1, 119 pages
Published April 18th 2019 by Narratess

To ask other readers questions about Tales of Lunis Aquaria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of Lunis Aquaria

Start your review of Tales of Lunis Aquaria
Tamara
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Nine short stories that are set in a magical world that goes beyond imagination. Each story leaves you longing for more and I really want to know how different characters develop and what adventures lay before them. It’s impossible to choose only one of those stories as my favorite, I loved them all but Lovers across Time and Decapod’s Ire are my favorites, the latter would make for an awesome fantasy film in my opinion.

I hope that this author will write more stories
Nessa Luna [October Tune]
I liked some of the stories, but others fell kind of flat for me. I wished they had been longer so I had more time to get to know the characters because I felt like I didn't really know them at all (aside from maybe the ones in the second-to-last story), and some stories felt like they ended too abruptly. Also, I read in another review there was something connecting all stories together, but I really could not see that at all. Still, it was an enjoyable adventure!
Chris Durston
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I suspect this book is exactly what a lot of people will need in their lives right now. Hastjarjanto captures the fleeting feeling of escape that all the best fairytales provide, but I've rarely come across it done so well in contemporary fiction. As a whole and as its individual stories, Tales of Lunis Aquaria is really easy to read in the best way: you can just sort of disappear into its world for a bit.

That's not to say that there aren't rewards for a closer reader; the stories, though they a
Jack Stark
A rare 3 stars from me. I feel like Hastjarjanto may still be developing her writing style and voice (aren’t we all), and this would have benefited from a little more development, and by going through a few more edits. The balance of show and tell felt off. But, it was far from all bad. I could overlook those things enough for this collection to still be enjoyable. The world of Lunis Aquaria is beautiful and the stories are dreamlike and ethereal. There is some really wonderful folklore created ...more
Isabella May
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enchanting collection!

I loved all nine of these very unique stories and their powerful and individual messages. The author weaves such a magical spell with her words and this collection is a lovely way to switch off from modern life and lose yourself in another world. Perfect for fans of Heidi Catherine. Excited to see what Tessa Hastjarjanto comes up with next!
Angela ♡
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ahh, I really loved this! The world of Lunis Aquaria was built beautifully and I found myself lost in each short story, it was shocking once the stories came to an end. Definitely looking forward to what happens next!
Ravven
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Tales of Imagination

These are gorgeously written tales of magic and nature, both uplifting and sad. I loved these stories so much, highly recommend.
Lucy-May
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this little collection full of magical tales & I really hope Tessa releases another volume so I can find out what happens next with some of the stories. Tessa’s writing was calming & had that wonderful chilled out fairy tale vibe that is loved so much. I definitely want to read more of her work!

⚠️ Deaths by a fire, some violence, hunting animals & some horrible violence towards a mythical creature ⚠️

Extended Review: https://wp.me/p8MbIo-383
Apr 14, 2019
s
Apr 16, 2019
Tessa
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marion Pelgrim
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Sep 29, 2019

• Beach Read
  • Irish Fairy and Folk Tales
  • Ghostly Tales: Spine-Chilling Stories of the Victorian Age (Books for Halloween, Ghost Stories, Spooky Book)
  • The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2)
  • The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors, and the Collision of Two Cultures
  • V for Vendetta
  • The Perfect Escape
  • Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
  • Moon-Sitting
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
Tessa Hastjarjanto is a Dutch/Indonesian writer from the Netherlands. She writes speculative fiction, and blogs at narratess.com about books, fountain pens, and writing.

From a young age, she imitated popular stories and games in creating her own worlds. This love eventually led to a masters degree in media and game studies at the University of Utrecht. However a mundane desk job was enough to ins