Start by marking “Blood & Lies (A Twisted Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood & Lies (A Twisted Duet, #1)

Blood & Lies

(A Twisted Duet #1)

It wasn’t supposed to be this way. All it took was one bullet and I went from Capo to Boss within the blink of an eye.

What once was my twin brother’s birthright, has now become my curse. While I watch them lower him into the ground I can feel my need for revenge consume me.

The hate, it’s toxic. Addictive. Deadly.

I will avenge my brother’s death if it’s the last thing I

To ask other readers questions about Blood & Lies, please sign up.
Nikki Malan No you will need to read the 2nd book for the completion

Start your review of Blood & Lies (A Twisted Duet, #1)
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Blood & Lies
A Twisted Duet, #1
By Bella J.

I had no expectations going into this book, the only reason why I say that is cuz due to the fact that I’ve never read anything from Bella J before.…. So I was so happy that I could connect with the characters & enjoy this twisted & turns of this story….

This story grabs a hold of the reader from the start & was one hell of a wild ride that had me on pins & needles almost to the very end.

1st of Author start off with WARNING Please be aware that this nov
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BLOOD & LIES: This is spoken in 'Dual Perspectives' We're first introduced to Castello who can’t believe he’s in a cemetery saying his last goodbyes to his father and twin brother as they are both lowered into the ground in their last resting place.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Within the blink of an eye. One bullet and a simple phone call was all it took to change my life and to turn me into the souls bastard that I was today.

Nothing from this day forward will ever be the same again. His family h
Snow
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, mobsters, arc
4.75 "Blood vs. Lies" stars

So, this was indeed presented as a dark and twisted romance with scenes of public humiliation, abuse and sexual situations that may be triggers...and what a fuckin rush it was!!!

Tatum Linscott's life has changed in an instant as she wakes up in a small darken room staring at the eyes full of hatred and rage. The eyes of her captor looked familiar and yet they were not. She's confused and lost and scared.
I knew nothing, I chose to know nothing. All I wanted was
Deborah
3.5*

I'll be honest I was a little wary starting this book since it came with a warning stressing it was a 'dark contemporary romance' and I don't like my books too dark.

'I’ve waited months for what was about to happen. I’ve dreamt about the moment when she would realize she no longer lived, but only existed. Soon she would discover there are worse things to fear than death, and that eternity in Hell would be a far lesser punishment than what has now become her world. Her world now only consisted
Jos
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 HOT, Twisted, HOT, Dark Stars!!!!!

I was graciously gifted an ARC from this author and let me say that I was not only honored by her generosity but also very excited to see what was in store with this book!

Wow, I was and still feel blown away by this story. Now when the author warns you this is a dark story and there may be triggers for some, and that it may be sensitive to some readers, please take that warning into consideration. For me personally, when I see a note that it's going to be eith
Carolyn Reilly
Hot, dark, unputdownable!
Wow, I just love it when I find a new-to-me author, have no clue what to expect, and they go ahead and blow my mind!
Castello and Tatum have the most insane, disturbing and emotional journey in this uber-hot mafia romance! Their story is not for the faint of heart, but if you like dark and twisted reads, this is for you.
I loved the writing, the characters were diverse and multi-faceted, and the suspense was edge-of-your-seat. I almost read the book in one sitting and can’
Expresso
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five amazing stars!

Who said blood is thicker than water?? Get outta here! In the world of the Fattore family, blood means nada!

This story reminds me of a combination of fabulous Friday night shows from the 80s. Dallas, Dynasty, and Falcon Crest. Intrigue. Drama. Jealousy. Greed. Hatred. No trendy "bad boy" vibe in this dark read. Castello is NOT a bad boy! I am proud to confirm he is the perfect combination of dark, broken, and out of the friggin loop. His discoveries bring pain but also relief
Jill
3.5 Stars
Natalie Johnson
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Castello is burying his brother and father. His father, the head of the family, and his brother, Carlo, the next in line. This now leaves him as the head of the crime family. Castello promises his Mom revenge at the gravesite.

Tatum awakens a prisoner of Castello Fattore. He plans to break her because he believes she is responsible for Carlo's death. When she awakens he hears she doesn't even know the Fattore name. Blinded by revenge he doesn't know what to think.

This book is filled with twists a
J. C.  Red
Mar 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I don’t get the glowing reviews; well, I can understand liking it (I’ve liked plenty of books with glaring errors), but I can’t understand how there aren’t more negative reviews too.

It has so many inconsistencies and errors, as well as utterly disgusting parts. Like, literally disgusting - not just the notion of kidnapping and abusing a woman (which I was initially hoping would be dealt with differently, based on the other heroes I’ve read from this author and because I was hoping he actually h

EpicRomanceReviews
“Welcome to Hell, donna.”

Wowza! My mind has OFFICIALLY BEEN BLOWN!

The moment I read the blurb for BLOOD & LIES (A Twisted Duet Bk 1) by Bella J, tremors of excitement coursed through me and I could not wait to devour this book! And once I finally dove in, it exceeded every expectation. This highly addictive mafia romance was chock full of so many sinfully depraved twists and turns I was on SENSORY OVERLOAD! There is the perfect balance of spine-tingling suspense, wickedly sexy kink, palpab
Arena♡
Jul 16, 2020 marked it as dnf
I read the first 20%, but dnf'ed it after.

The hero was too much, I hated him, heroine was a dumbass, pathetic combo.

The book could've been better ahead, but I just couldn't bring myself to read further.
Elfina Renee
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow...just wow! Absolutely, positively loved...loved, Blood and Lies. This had a little bit of it all, BDSM....check....mystery and intrigue....check. Action and violence......check...check and fucking check! To say Blood and Lies is as good or near as good as some of my favorite authors ahhhhh remains to be seen but what I will say Bella J is in a league all her own. Love the darkness she weaves and the depths of suspense was awe inspiring, so I'm really stoked for the sequel! Also gotta give a ...more
Jan
Wow!..... And breath.

Blood and lies is a dark concoction of lies, deceit, enemies within, danger, revealed twisted lies and exposed truths.

Amongst it all is Castello the new mafia boss who now reins following the death of both his father and brother and the pawn in the deceptive game is Tatum, daughter of a powerful businesses man.

Blood & Lies begins with Tatums kidnapping and a promise of revenge from Castello to his mother.
Castello has been lead to believe Tatum's father is responsible for
Ella Heart
4 Dark Stars

This Series was what it promised itself to be. It was dark, it was raw, it wasn't sweet and was filled with betrayal, power plays and psychopaths. A perfect dark read, with some scenes even i couldn't get behind.

It was nicely written, well paced and impactful in the places it needed to be. Not to mention full of triggers, so i suggest you don't read it as your first Dark Romance book. You might want to something much lighter in such genre as jj mcavoy ruthless series.

Honestly there
Kristin
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First a warning. This story is so dark it makes 50 shades look like light romance. There are triggers here for some people. If you are ok with this, then you will definitely want to add this book to your reading list. Wow. I really couldn't see how a kidnap victim and her kidnapper could fall in love but this author is amazing at writing believable characters and developing their relationships. She pulls this off convincingly and with intense emotion.

These are two of the most messed up characte
Bookbytch5 janet Gray
This is book 1 of 2. I was gifted a copy from Bella J, Love this about Castello and Tatum. This action pack with plenty of twists and turns for both of them. Steamy hottest Sexy mafia story. I highly recommend story and author.

WARNING - THIS BOOK ENDS IN A CLIFFHANGER
Paulinem
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed this .....it’s one hot read!!
Kim Whitehead
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! First time to experience this Author’s words!! And I’m literally blown away!! I devoured this book! It was full of angst and suspense! Had my heart pounding! I was sucked in from the very beginning and the characters had so much desire ! Phenomenal!!
Zainab M.
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Penny For My Thoughts:

Blood & Lies features a powerful, twisted and fucked up couple going by Tatum and Castello. Book #1 in The Twisted Duet comprises of Lies, Betrayal, Gore, Deceit, Desires and above all, Lust. Just when I thought that Bella J. is done pondering over her masterpiece ROYAL MAFIA SERIES , she surprises me with another wonderfully interwoven characterized novel, a dark and bent, slithering yet sexy Blood And Lies. Sparing further crap, I'll head straight to the highlights of thi

Renee
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Castillo didn't want to go from Capo to Boss. That was his twin brothers place. One bullet changed everything. His twin brothers birthright became Castillo's curse. Now he has to avenge his twin brothers death. Ever member of his family wants revenge and Castillo is going to give it to them with Tatum Linscott's death. She's is the reason his brother was buried. Now he's going to break her, mend her, and
Honestly Honest Bookworm
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

This book reminded me a little of The Dark Duet by CJ Roberts. It’s a dark, captive read, so it’s intended to make you hate the male character, yet part of us is as drawn to him as she is. Castello is a troubled character, torn between what is right and family loyalty. He struggles to see himself as anything but a monster, although it’s a struggle to ever view him as one. Tatum is a tortured individual who doesn’t know how to deal with her intense fe
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“I died alongside my brother that fateful night…and now I will suffer in Hell for the rest of my days.”

One bullet has changed his life forever, setting him on a path he would never have chosen. Releasing the darkest parts of himself Castello is now the head of the family, the Boss of the mafia. With the unexpected and unfortunate death of his father due to the murder of his twin brother he is the heir to all that is blood soaked. With a need for revenge and a vow to give his mother her pound of
Carolyn's
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: authors-i-love, arcs
I have read all of Bella J.'s books so when her warning of this book saying this is dark, might elicit triggers in some well- I am all in and ready to read.

I am not sure who has the more depraved mind? Bella J for writing such dark, mysterious and taboo books, or me, for reading and loving and playing right into her hands wanting, NO NEEDING, Tatum and Castello to be together.

Bella J has a niche for writing situations that are dark, scary and intriguing yet so consumed with passion and desire
Ana Rita
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my lord... How can I keep my sanity? How?
This author is the creator of the best mafia series I have ever read so you can guess the way I felt when this book appeared on my kindle...
I was nervous but super excited as well. So many questions appeard on my mind...
Bella J is the author that I'm talking about. Her books are perfect and you need to read them.
Blood & Lies is her latest release and it's the first book from the A Twisted Duet.
This new book explores the lifes of Castello and Tatum
Nikki  Malan
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood and Lies by Bella J
Castello’s world is turned upside down after the death of his brother and father. He is thrown into a position that he was not prepared for, all because of one woman. Anger and hate have all festered inside the new Capo boss. He has watched her for months, preparing for his revenge. Tatum wakes up from a hangover from hell only to realize she is in hell. How can it be? He looks the same, but he is not the same man. He is an evil monster, who is hell bent on taking her li
Rock Hard Romance
*ARC Received*
'You're my Little Mouse now'(Castello)

'An Unapologetically Twisted Romance'....
That is the Absolute Truth! Take note from the Author at the start-with the WARNING of DARK,TWISTED with TRIGGER SITUATIONS...So if you are sensitive to such things then this is NOT the fluffy hearts and flowers tale for you!!
From the Prologue,with a double funeral of Castello's twin brother and their Father,and the 'Our Family will never be the same again' line-I was hooked!
The story moves on 7 Months l
Carla
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

**Carla's Five Star Review

Holy Moly, this book took me on a crazy roller coaster ride! I will warn you-this is a dark story that some readers might find too sensitive.

After losing his twin brother, Carlo, and his father, Castello's world is thrown into utter chaos. As if grieving for his loved ones is not enough, Castello is thrown head first into a position he never wanted. In his and his family's eyes
Abigail Davies
I was SO EXCITED when I saw this on my kindle, like I actually squealed because the blurb gripped me and made me shiver with delight at the thought of such a dark read.
AND BOY! Bella DID NOT DISAPPOINT!
From the moment I read the first paragraph from Castello, I knew I'd love his darkness! He gripped me, captivated me like not many people have.
I loved Tatum, I absolutely loved how Bella made her vulnerable but strong too, this is so difficult to do and Bella NAILED IT!
The darkness, the hotness.
Lee Ann
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood and Lies, the twisted beautiful tale of the Fattore Familia, with all one would expect to encompass a Familia. Lies with layers, love, hate, division, sides taken. Loss with demands of retribution. What if there was no way out?

The mind f*** in this book, edge of your seat. Woven among the love and loss develops a sexual tension, intense need, dark desires, the ultimate sacrifice and satisfaction. What if you weren't sure you wanted out?

I LOVED this book, it is a part one of two but doesn't
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Black Skies Riviera
  • Indebted (King Crime Family, #1)
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Hearts On Fire (The Santiago Trilogy #3)
  • Hearts Divine (The Santiago Trilogy #2)
  • Hearts of Darkness (The Santiago Trilogy, #1)
  • Unholy Union
  • Unholy: The Beginning
  • Unholy Intent (Unholy Union Duet #2)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Machiavellian (Gangsters of New York, #1)
  • Shadow Man (Grayson Duet #1)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • Ruthless Prince (Dark Syndicate, #1)
  • Devils & Dust
  • The Santiago Trilogy (The Santiago Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Marauder (Gangsters of New York, Book #2)
  • Devil in a Suit (De Maggio Mafia Duet, #1)
All the way from Cape Town, South Africa, Bella J lives for the days when she’s able to retreat to her writer’s cave where she can get lost in her little pretend world of romance, love, and insanely hot bad boys.

Bella J is a Hybrid Author with both Self-Published and Traditional Published work. Even though her novels range from drama, to comedy, to suspense, it's the dark, twisted side of romance

A Twisted Duet (2 books)
  • Blood & Vows (A Twisted Duet, #2)