Start by marking “Under a Full Moon (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack #1)” as Want to Read:
Under a Full Moon (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack #1)

Under a Full Moon

(Slate Mountain Wolf Pack #1)

Ethan Slate

As President of the Slate Mountain Wolf Pack Motorcycle Club, being Alpha to a pack of wolves was something I was born to do. Same with riding a motorcycle and standing vigilant against all threats to our little mountain towneven when those threats come from within. Most of the humans here dont know what we are. They only see tough men on bikes with leather
Published March 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Under a Full Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under a Full Moon

Start your review of Under a Full Moon (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack #1)
Barbara➰
This was a sweet mate story but it was just okay writing wise. I liked it well enough but something was missing for me. At times it was almost like the characters had split personalities. I don't know if this was due to the fact it was two authors writing the same character or what. I would definitely read the next one though.
Steph ☀️
Just okay....

Given that it is a MC shifter book, its not so Alpha as one might expect. Pretty meh and needs editing.
~nikki the recovering book addict
2 stars

So...... I had high hopes for this. But then while it was well written and well edited, it couldnt escape the clutches of predictability and the same-old-trope syndrome. You could see what was coming from a mile away and youd know whats going to happen next. Nothing new or exciting or different, sad to say 😟

Dont think I will be continuing with this series 😔
Teetee
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: para-mm-shifters
Writing on this one started off pretty good. At least it wasn't painful to be like some shifter stories are. It was going along nicely and then took a sudden sharp right. One of the MCS made a big leap of logic which conveniently allowed him to discover the existence of the werewolves. Required a suspension of belief on the part of the reader. When there was uneven but still over all mostly a good read. Will check out the next one!
Virginia Lee
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was great kick off to a new shifter series with a little bit twist mix in. It does keep you on the edge with the mystery that is surrounding the town and all cloak mission. With Ethan being the Slate Mountain Guardian and Alpha we get to see a different side when he finally realize who is mate is.
Cant wait to see what happen in the next book with the mystery ghost and who will finally see the light. highly recommend
Katherine
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Guardians of all

An interesting start to a new series! A world where shifters exist in hiding from the public, but to their select allies. In the case of Slate Mountain the Pack has claimed the town as territory and protects it as such. Some residents know about the history, while others simply know them as the motorcycle club, one which may be needed or may be a blight. Regardless to public opinion the Pack protects their town, but things are changing.

Brice grew up in Slate Mountain but has
Cindi
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, series, on-blog, 2019
3.5 stars, rounded up because I loved Ethan.

This is a true opposites attract story. Ethan is the president of the Slate Mountain Wolf Pack Motorcycle Club. Brice is the son of the power hungry mayor who wants nothing more than to run Ethan and his club out of town. When Ethan tells Brice he's his mate, it freaks him out a little, but it doesn't take long before he's going with the flow. That part of the story was a little rushed but it seemed to work.

Only a select few in the town know that the
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Slate Mountain Wolf Pack #1
Rating: 3 stars - it was good

Under the guise of a motorcycle gang, werewolf Alpha Ethan Slate and his pack, protect their small town of Slate Mountain. When Brice Wallace returns home from college, Ethan immediately recognizes the man as his mate. But Brice's father, the uptight mayor, has plans for the town and he doesn't want Brice anywhere near Ethan.

Under a Full Moon was a quick and easy read and while I found it enjoyable in the moment, it was a bit
Phoenix13
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good, nice start of new series!

I really enjoyed this book. It was pretty quick, but had a full story and nice job of introducing us to Slate Mountain. I liked the idea of the gang/pack being the guardians to the town and hope to see more of that history in future books. Good job with character and story development, it flows well, and the writing is smooth and blends perfectly between the two authors.

Loved Ethan & Brice, great chemistry, and the mates concept is a favorite of mine. We
Angie
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Fated Mates Shifter MM Romance

3 stars!

This was a good introduction to a new series about a wolf shifter pack/Motorcycle Club that protects a small town of unsuspecting humans.

I liked the idea behind the story. I just wanted more details. What was in that folder Brice got? Who is Archie really? He seems really in the know. Why can't they just tell Jeremy the truth? I felt like the MCs barely know each other but I guess that is what happens when so much time happens off page. All of a sudden 2
Belinda Zamora
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ethan is the Alpha of a motorcycle pack in Slate Mountain. The majority if the town are not aware of their existence and believe they are nothing more than a gang of outlaws. Some humans are aware and provide assistance. Brice is the mayor's son and has just returned from college. His father has very strict ideas as to how Brice should behave and who to help. There is a mystery in town involving the youth of the community being homeless. Ethan and Brice discover they are mates. Together they ...more
John Altman

(13) Show me Entertainment: 3
(14) Super-Duper-Natural feels: 2
(15) The Writing
Teeny
After the 69% I folded and started skimming 'cos this just wasn't interesting.

I love shifter stories especially with destined mates, because of the push and pull, the tension, the chemistry. This had none of those.

Also for a town that has been repeatedly described as small just how many homeless people could they have and runaways? I mean the story there didn't make a lot of sense. Also another thing that didn't make sense was how much sway the Pastor seemed to have in a story that is
Nessa
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed reading this wonderful shifter romance. The characters were compelling and the world building was well done. Brice and Ethan were perfect for each other and I applaud the fact that Brice had no fear once he realized that Ethan was a wolf shifter who helped to protect their town. To some extent it was difficult for me to read about some of the horrors that were going on, however, it was handled well at the end. I'm ready to read the next book in this series. Overall, it was a ...more
Avril
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

I felt that the 'mystery' could have used just a bit more information, because as it stands, I feel it's missing a something.
Overall I did enjoy the characters. The story had a bit of uniqueness, which made it a better than cookie cutter PNR.
Good proofing, editing, and formatting, which is always a bonus!
It left me interested enough to read the second book.
At the end, I would recommend it.
Veronica hughes
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

This is really a great book it has everything you could ask for. I love stories filled with love and i guess I would call angst Brice and Ethan are perfect for each other and all the other character fit perfectly. I love that Archie was such an important part of Brice's life he was such a sweetheart. I can't wait to see what comes next.
Beth
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
An interesting beginning to a series. I almost dont even want to rate it yet because so much of the story felt unresolved. I liked Brices character. I found Ethan a bit bland/boring. I was more interested in Evs character. Id like to see what happens with the town and how magic (seriously? so random!) plays into this world. It needed way more background than what we got. ...more
HAYLEY SMITH
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series!

What an interesting and thoroughly enjoyable start to a new series!
It has lots to hold your interest, shifters, MC Club, a rather sweet romance between two gorgeous characters and much more besides!
I really liked Ethan and Brice and am excited to find out more from them and all of the other characters introduced.
Beth
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a compelling series

This novella is an engrossing start to what looks to be a compelling series. The main characters are ones you immediately warm to, the villains you immediately want to throat punch and the sense of foreboding of the mystery sucks you right in. Im really looking forward to the rest of the novellas in the series.
lorikayhorsfall
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love can be stronger than hate.

I really enjoyed the way this story unfolded . It uncovered the underbelly of hate that people feel toward people they don't understand . It also showed that love and compassion goes a long way towards healing the pain that goes hand in hand with hate .
Pamela Cunningham
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Slate mountain wolf pack .

This was a good read for the first book in the series I really liked this couple and I can't wait to learn more about what's going on with the town . Plus the mating ceremony was amazing looking forward to the other book's in this series .
Dan
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable book for sure. I really enoy the pack dynamic, and think the cover is really cool. I hope the couple in the next book is Jeremy and Ev. My interest is piqued, and I'll (impatiently) wait for the next one!
Leticia Bushong
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

This was a great story. If you love shifters you will love this. Even though Ethan and Brice are two different people in more ways than one the way they fall in love is sweet. I also love how there is a bit of suspense in this town.
Laura DeSimone
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Brice and Ethans story. I finished the book in one day, because I couldnt put it down. Page after page brought the reader into this small town of secrets and the towns people. I look forward to the next book. ...more
Samantha Foster
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Shifter wolves and bikers combined... you cant go wrong with that. Add in some intrigue,drama, action, and of course love and steamy scenes and it's the perfect read. I definitely reccomend.
Elizabeth Marshall
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great start to the series. I love reading about big tough sensitive men and Ethan is definitely that. I really like the world they are building and cant wait to read the next one. ...more
Kathryn Manzella
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

A fun read with great characters and good story. Sweet, sexy, with a dash of angst. Loved it. Definitely recommend.
Jackie
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story!

I really enjoyed this story! The chemistry between Brice and Ethan was great. I was a bit bummed that their story wasnt longer! Im looking forward to book 2!
Barbara Lampron
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

I liked how everything in the town was. You know there was a bad guy. You knew there was a good guy. And there was a mating! Yea! I loved it all. Keep writing.
Julie Taylor
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

An interesting tale of humans and wolfs who try to protect the town they share. A great shifter story. A must read

• Chasing Fate (Copper Creek Shifters #1)
  • Zale (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #2)
  • Azaran (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #1)
  • Eeli (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #3)
  • Malachite (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #4)
  • Defender (The Lost Pack #1)
  • Once Bitten (Javier Coven, #1)
  • Heart Strain (Interlocking Fragments #1)
  • Homerun Daddy (Timberwood Cove, #1)
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • Malek (Whitfell Brothers #1)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Twice Shy (Javier Coven #2)
  • Hidden (Siren Cove #2)
  • Claimed By My Protector (Blackwater Pack, #1)
  • Digging Deeper (Interlocking Fragments #2)
  • Omega's Power (Irresistible Omegas, #7)
  • Secret Daddy (Timberwood Cove Book 3)

Slate Mountain Wolf Pack (4 books)
  • Half Moon Above (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack #2)
  • Crescent Moon's Curve (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack, #3)
  • New Moon's Light (Slate Mountain Wolf Pack, #4)

News & Interviews