Start by marking “Retaliation (Vindicator #3)” as Want to Read:
Retaliation (Vindicator #3)

Retaliation

(Vindicator #3)

As far back as I can remember, I pushed away those ugly demons looping their venom around my brain.Trying to turn me into a man I never wanted to be.“Do what we say or die.”Words filled with poison, they slowly dripped in my veins, leaving me a mess of a man, and walking that thin line between right and wrong.I never wanted to be a killer; now it’s a craving I need to surv ...more
Published March 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Retaliation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retaliation

Start your review of Retaliation (Vindicator #3)
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
An incredibly dark second chance…

Whew! I need to take a deep breath before trying to describe how I feel about this book. Another book in the spinoff of the Diamond series, Nick and Blaire were dealt a horrible hand yet here they finally get a second chance…

Dark and disturbingly violent at times, nothing feels overdone or out of place. Their past, Nick’s past, set the stage for everything that befell both of them. When the time was right, they had their chance and every hurt, every grief-stricke
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Kathy Coopmans is back with the highly anticipated (well for me anyways) third book in her unforgettable Vindication series and oh my heart y'all! This book! This fucking book right here was everything I didn't know I needed in this series, ripping me apart then slowly, achingly piecing me back together... and so painfully beautifully written.

Retaliation was so brilliant in every single way... dark, dangerous, suspenseful, intense, passionate, smoldering, unstoppable, heartbreaking, soul
Becky Rendon
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

Nick, Nick, Nick!

Honey, I don't pity you. I don't but a huge part of my heart broke for all you've been through. I knew your story would be bad. I assumed it would be painful. I had no idea that the darkness you lived in was worse than pitch black. I want to hug you and then hunt down your demons. I know that I would be a vigilante. I know that in your shoes I would not hesitate to get my Retaliation. I'm not as smart or have the patience you do. I would have gone of and probably gotte
Erica
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nailed it. I knew Nick's story was going to be tough but wow.
I got more than I expected and loved every freaking page of it.
His past defines him but he's ready to take back what was stolen from him fourteen years ago. He knows he won't ever be the man his wife should have but that won't stop him from getting her back. She deserves more than the man he was groomed to be but he can't live without her anymore.
Blaire thankfully has a good head on her shoulders, she has the ability to forgive and to
Lynn Reynolds
Nikolai “Nick” Popov shows what someone has to live with and live by in order to survive. Blaire Warren has a kind heart – she tries to help those that need it the most. Our author is very good at keeping everything close to her chest. She takes her time about letting the characters reveal things that helps you understand why she’s good at keeping you on the edge of your seat.

Some scenes are hard to read but it’s understandable as Nick let’s us know about his life. That life affected others and
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Now we get Nick and Blaires story. This broke me. Like seriously what have I just read. I feel as if the author threw me on a really fast paced rollercoaster
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Killer Stars!!!✯✯

Holy smokes!!! I fell hard for Chaz and Cade in Vengeance and Warrant . I knew I’d fall for Nick but I couldn’t believe how hard I’d fall for him.

Nick has been missing a part of himself. It’s been missing for the last fourteen years. Nick Williams was born Nick Popov. His father Dimitri is an evil and vicious man. His lives and breathes kidnapping, raping, beating and selling woman. He planned on his son taking over the business. But, Nick met Blaire.

For the first t
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read Vengeance and Warrant you’ve been introduced to Nick and I have been waiting for his story since reading those two books. I knew his would be heartbreaking and it was, but it is also my favorite book out of the series. Though, this book may not be for everyone. It was a tough to read at times but don’t let that deter you.

Nick is the son of a monster. The horrible, gut wrenching things he has seen and experienced is something that will break your heart. Despite all of that horror
Suzanne
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes. Honestly, I am at a loss for words when it comes to this book. The pain that you feel radiate off the pages of this story blew me away. Everything that Nick had to endure, gutted me so much. The one thing I absolutely adore about Kathy Coopmans books, is her attention to deal and creating such a backstory that you cannot help but fall in love with her words. Retaliation did just that and more. With everything that Nick went through, his love for Blaire never waned. It grew and with ...more
April Symes
Retaliation is book 3 in the Vindicator series and what a dark, raw and gritty story it is!!! It is not for the faint of heart. This is Nick and Blaire's story. Their's is a 2nd chance at love after the heartbreaking way they were separated years before. Their love was pure and beautiful before it was tainted and ripped apart by powerful people who wanted them to be apart which the story tells. This is a story that tells of revenge, grief, heartbreak; pain, despair, anger, depression, death, den ...more
Konny
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Retaliation by Kathy Coopmans is a dark read and certainly not ! for the faint of heart. It's Nick and Blaire's gut wrenching story and deals with sensitive subjects that may cause triggers.
Nick Williams - aka Nikolai Popov is a trained assassin, the son of a russian bratva boss, and he learns monsters are real. He was forced to endure unspeakable cruelty . He had to leave his old life and loves behind. Now he's back and on the warpath. He's driven by revenge and became a hardened man himself.
Bl
Cheryl O'Harney
Title: Retaliation
Author: Kathy Coopmans
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ARC received in return for an honest review.

This book was raw, gritty and dark whilst at the same time pure and passion filled, a story of love so heartbreaking it will have you searching for the nearest box of tissues.

During his childhood Nick had to endure some despicable things which still impact him as an adult, he had to leave everything and everyone he’d ever loved behind including Blaire the girl whose h
Tammi
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew Nick's story was going to rough and I thought I was prepared. I wasn't, it broke my heart I couldn't imagine every thing he endured growing up, the unspeakable things that were done to him and how it still affects him as an adult. Then you add the pain Blaire felt for years and I was a mess, I was as broken as they were.
Blaire Good lord her pain I felt every word every emotion!!
Nick Holy crap I just wanted to wrap him in my arms.
Such a heartbreaking story, you feel for them all it's such
Latisha Clark
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kathy your writing amazes me each and every time I read your newest release.

This book isn’t for the faint of heart that’s for sure and if you can’t handle some rough and disturbing things this isn’t the book for you. This is a guy wrenching secound chance romace.

From a man having to give up the love of his life because of crappy father that threatens her and the only way he won’t touch her is for Nick to leave never go around Blaire.

Now with the threat of Dimitri going after Blaire all bets are
Anne Milne
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author has taken this series to a new level with this book. Nick's story is dark and brutal intense and emotionally gut wrenching.

Nick and Bailey's story is definitely not for the faint hearted. Both are strong and resilient individuals in different ways. Nick overcoming and dealing with his past and Bailey with the loss of the love of her life. Loved Nick getting his revenge even if his methods were extreme. I love the way Kathy writes, it's full on with no apologies that easily marries th
Julie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This one really hit me. It’s a really dark read and extremely violent, it’s gut wrenching, with gritty angst and emotions that take you by surprise. But through all this emotional turmoil I found this book to be an addictive read and impossible to put down. The writing and characters were amazing, and the intensely of the storyline holds true from start to finish making Retaliation a terrific read!
I highly recommend this book!
Kim Gauger
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just holy wow! This book is the epitome of violence. It was an extremely emotional and hard read for me. I had to take mental breaks throughout it was that intense. It was so good though. The emotional toil it took on the characters, the grief, the heat, the abuse all rolled into one amazing dark book. It was so good.
Sophie Ruthven
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!
This book blew me away!
Kathy Coopmans is a master of her craft and definitely should be on everyone's one click list.
I cannot get enough of this author. Every book she writes is a page turner, and you can't not fall in love with the characters, nervously turning pages as drama implodes before your eyes.
This book was no different!
Rhonda Ziglar
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 DARK INTENSE STARS!! This is a dark intense story, but beautifully written. Nick and Blaire's story is hard and will hit all your emotion buttons, but so worth the ride this author takes us on. The love these two have for each other is off the charts and beautiful. I highly recommend this book if you love dark, so make sure to 1-Click.
Stacy Hahn
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Retaliation by Kathy Coopmans is one of those books that will utterly and completely break you. It is dark, very dark, raw, gritty and passionate. Nick and Blaire's love story is so heartbreaking, yet so pure. I honestly didn't know how much more heartbreak and depravity Nick and Blaire could withstand. Get your tissues ready! Kathy Coopmans always manages to bring beauty into the dark.
Myra Espino
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Kathy nailed it again.
Retaliation is a gut wrenching - emotional and dark book.
Nick and Blaire's story is about revenge and second chance romance. What I love about this book is that it's full of emotions and I was easily captured into the story. Also, the other characters in the previous series of Kathy's mafia books are here. 😍

Overall, this book is a good read! Loved it!
Belinda Visser
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Retaliation is a fantastic read. Nick and Blaire’s story broke my heart.
What Nick went through during his childhood was horrendous and heartbreaking. I had tears for Blaire and hoped Nick would be back for her. This book is dark, gritty, intense, passionate and full of emotions. Loved the story and can not wait to see what Kathy will have for us next.
Maryann Moreno
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good, its a tale of revenge and second chances one that will send you on an emotional rollercoaster ride! The story of Nick and Blaire was an awesome Incredible story and I can't wait to see what this author does next.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

"Today is retaliation day, and I'm going to make him pay."
As Nick (Nikolai) is raised by a man with evil and twisted sickness in place of a heart, Nick is from day one set apart, never like his father, even though his father tries to brainwash him into believing, into becoming evil like he is. And then he meets a beautiful young girl who brings light and love into his life. Unfortunately, she's ripped away from him and Nick spends the rest of his growing up years finding his way ba
Kylee
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He was a chaotic storm and she was the eye, the center that offered him some peace, the quiet and calm from what raged on the outside. Vengeance was warranted and retaliation is sought by Nick after so much suffering. This book is the pinnacle of the series, it was the story that dragged my heart into the depths of guilt, misery and heartache that Nick was drowning under with only one goal, to finally take back what was his and bring an end to what had kept them apart. Retaliation is a story tha ...more
Marnie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🖤 For the ultimate love and loyalty of a dark and broken heart 🖤

I’ve long been looking forward to Nick’s book. Of the three, I’d say he was the most dangerous, and after reading the blurb, I was gutted for him; 14 years is a long time without the love of your like. Worse was when I read about his early life with his father and the animals in men’s clothing that he commanded, and I wonder how Nick not only survived, but was even capable of love and loyalty at all. He did survive in the end, but i
Ana Rita
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy... The book I've been wanting to read for so long is finally complete and waiting for me on my kindle...
How can I keep reading the other books I have to finished when this masterpiece is waiting for me? I can't read them fast enough because I know that once I start to read this book I'll not be able to stop...
Kathy Coopmans has been a constant in my reading life and let me tell you that I hadn't read enough books from her. I'm always eager to read more and more...
Her writing is hot, wi
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY EVERY LOVIN' HELL! I have been waiting, believed I was prepared, but all the warnings in the world couldn't have prepared me for the utter devastation of Nick's story, and frankly, I'm still very emotional from it all. He grew up under the worst circumstances that any child could grow up under, and still managed to have the capacity to love through it all, through he didn't escape without some very deep emotional scars. Blaire was a girl who was the light in his darkness, but he ended up h ...more
Up All Night Book Addict
At first, I thought this was going to be my favorite of Coopmans's books. I love these characters, and their story is not an easy one. The cards have been stacked against them since day one.

I can honestly say that I didn't dislike this book. However, it didn't turn out to be my favorite out of Coopmans's books that I have read. *insert sad face*

The thing about this author's writing is that it is completely unique. Her writing style might not be for everyone. No matter what one's preference, you
Heather  Red Hatter Book Blog
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok this book is definitely not for the faint at heart. It is full of dark elements that many do not like. With this being said HOLY S%&T!! What did I just read. I think Nick is my new book boyfriend. If you are looking for a strong hero and even stronger heroine them this book is for you.

Nick's upbringing is far from conventional. He decided not to do what is was expected of him. However along the way he did what he felt was right to protect the one he loves. Blaire is a strong heroine who has
« previous 1 3 next »
Romance Retreat: Are you ready for Nick Williams? 1 5 Mar 15, 2019 03:06PM

• Yesterday Is Ours (Yesterday #3)
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Knights Lady (Rumblin' Knights Book 3)
  • Hustle (Men of Inked: Southside, #4)
  • Liam (Brothers Ink, #3)
  • Jase (Men of Steel, #1)
  • Reckless Rebel (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Cocky Jerk
  • Hook (Men of Inked: Southside, #3)
  • Love (Men of Inked: Southside, #5)
  • Cyrus (Men of Steel, #2)
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Murphy (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis, #4)
  • Rumors
  • The Babysitter (Professionals Book 5)
  • Eligible Ex-Husband
  • Blackout: A Romance Anthology
  • Contemptuous CEO  (Cocky Hero Club)
Kathy is a USA Today Best Selling Author. A wife, mother, and book nerd. She loves chatting with her readers and making new book friends. You can visit with her and other book lovers in her reading group.

Vindicator (3 books)
  • Vengeance (Vindicator #1)
  • Warrant (Vindicator, #2)