Start by marking “Cruel Sanctuary (Wages of Sin #1)” as Want to Read:
Cruel Sanctuary (Wages of Sin #1)

Cruel Sanctuary

(Wages of Sin #1)

They say New York City is the Devil’s Playground.
They’re wrong.
This city belongs to me.
And so does Aislinn Granville.

She is a pampered politician’s daughter.
A decorative ornament, raised to smile and nod and do what she’s told.
Except… she doesn’t. Not with me. Ever.

In this city full of thugs and thieves, I’ve kept Aislinn safe.
From my enemies.
From me.

Until now.

Published March 22nd 2019 by Tara Leigh Books

To ask other readers questions about Cruel Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel Sanctuary

Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Cruel Sanctuary is book one in The Wages of Sin duet by Tara Leigh. Book two, the final book, Corrupt Savior, is due out in May. This is one of those books that you just sit in awe. How did Tara’s mind conjure these words? This book took over my mind while I was reading it. I couldn’t think of anything else. I highlighted practically half the book in quotes and now I have to choose which ones to share with you. I need to somehow come up with the right words to convey how I feel about this book a
❤️ Paulette
Author: ➳ Tara Leigh
Publication: ➳March 25th 2019
⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐
💖💖💖💖💖

➳Aislinn Granville, most would think me to be pampered politician’s daughter. Untouched by real tragedy, Lil do most know my secrets
I use to work for a cushy political consulting firm, until my father (James Granville) the Manhattan district attorney told me he would be running in the next election for mayor. I decided to go work for my father, even though we aren’t very close
S
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description
descriptionI've been on a bit of a streak lately with awesome books. I pretty much LOVED every minute of this. I read a book by this author awhile back (ROCK KING) and enjoyed it quite a lot. I am not sure why I didn't continue with that series, but I am certainly glad I went with my gut and signed up for an early copy of this book. It had everything I LOVE in a romance book, and none of the cliché crap I hate. (lol)

description
So deets...I found this to be a well written and well paced. It was a relatively short boo
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

THIS SOUNDS DIVINE!

Book 1 in duet
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
They say New York City is the Devil’s Playground.
They’re wrong.
This city belongs to me.
And so does Aislinn Granville.
She is a pampered politician’s daughter.
A decorative ornament,
raised to smile and nod and do what she’s told.
Except… she doesn’t. Not with me. Ever.
In this city full of thugs and thieves, I’ve kept Aislinn safe.
From my enemies.
From me.
Until now.

Book 1: Cruel Sanctuary
Book 2: Corrupt Savior
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤❤ 5 STARS❤❤

This was a fantastic read, from page one till the end!I fall in love with the characters and the story was brilliant.Damon and Aislinn rocked the story.They have a great chemistry.So much tension and passion and angst!

description

Aislinn is so strong and sassy, I loved her and I could easily relate to her.Damon is dark,sexy and so swoon worthy!He wants to protect her and omg my heart is so full with him!I loved their moments together!!

"Damon my dark knight, took my night-mare and turned it into
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

TITLE: Cruel Sanctuary
AUTHOR: Tara Leigh
SERIES Wages of Sin #1
GENRE: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense
FORMAT: ebook
STAR RATING: ★★★★★
CLIFFHANGER: Yes

I'm not going to tell you a lot about the plot of CRUEL SANCTUARY. I think picking this up only knowing about the story what the blurb tells you is (intriguing) enough. Instead I'll tell you about the characters that drive this story to its cliffhanger end.

I love a good anti-hero. The one shrouded in darkness that gets cracks when he meets hi
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
And still a week later....... I’m pretty speechless. Scrambling for words to describe just how much I loved this one!!! So, I’m gonna try to sum it up.

This book. From start to finish, Tara Leigh you had me from the first chapter. And now I’m begging you for the next installment 🙏🏻🙏🏻

I’m not going to go into detail about the story because, I’m one of those believers that you go in blind and this book, it’s the perfect example of that.

Damon & Aislinn dominate this story, between the chemistr
Jemima
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PSX_20190310_194157

Title: Cruel Sanctuary (The Wages of Sin #1)
Author: Tara Leigh
Publication Date: March 25, 2019

teaserexcerpt

Can this woman do no wrong?!
Cruel Sanctuary was brilliant!

My copy of the book is highlighted like nobody's business.... just proves to show how much I enjoyed it.

I have loved every book written by Tara and I was genuinely really excited and intrigued when she said that she was planning on writing a book that is very different from the ones she has written in the past.
Cruel Sanctuary is absolutely se
Karen Mc
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tara Leigh makes one spectacular splash of a dark romance debut in Cruel Sanctuary! Deliciously dark, seductively sexy, and passionately poignant, this riveting roller coaster of a romance hits all the feels. You’ll be left begging for mercy and screaming for more!
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favourite

Weeks after devouring Cruel Sanctuary, I’m still floating within the clouds, unable to step away from this enthralling introduction with a clear conscience. Beautiful darkness and enrapturing suspense creeping through this wonderfully written narrative ensnares your attention, pulling you towards its gravity of jaw-dropping revelations and heart-stopping unexpectations. Aislinn and Damon’s sinfully decadent chemistry renders you breathless, totally captivated and utterly wanton.

Damon King mig
Trilina
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything!
Hot Alpha✔
Sassy Heroine✔
Off the chart chemistry✔
Fire Hot Steam to burn your kindles ✔✔
Damon will eat you up and spit you out...and you’ll want to say thank you!

They’re perfect, she’s headstrong and stubborn and he’s a bulldozer that won’t let anyone get in the way of what he wants!
I love him!
And most importantly I loved them! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

The man is a savage dressed in a bespoke suit. A sinfully sexy savage.

It's no secret that I love me a good anti-hero, and when the name of a duet has "Sin" in it? Well, you best believe I'm going to be all over it.

Cruel Sanctuary was completely different from what I've come to expect from Tara Leigh. It's grittier. It's sexier. And it's a whole lot darker. I would say that for those looking to dip their toes into the darker reads genre, this is the perfect gateway book. It's not too d
Na
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Who am I? Hacker. Criminal. Murderer. A thug in a ten-thousand-dollar suit. I am all of those things. And I’m also the man who will keep Aislinn Granville alive.”

With Cruel Sanctuary Tara Leigh dips her feet into the dark romance, suspense romance genre and she did this so well, that this book should definitely come with a warning:
It’s so sinful and sexy that your glasses and windows fog over as soon as you open it. Grabbing, no … demanding your attention from the first page to the ve
Nicole Dykes
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow!!! If you want action and a hot alpha male, here you go!! I liked the writing style and really enjoyed this book! This is my first Tara Leigh book, but it won't be my last!!!
Tara Leigh
Jan 11, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE!!!! https://amzn.to/2TZZLt1

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2TZZLt1
(FREE IN KU)

Wages of Sin Duet Release Blogger Sign Up: https://goo.gl/forms/9fE7TrkYpSYNasG53

Join the Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TaraL...

Sign up for Tara's Newsletter for exclusive news about the series: https://www.taraleighbooks.com/newsle...
Melanie (mells_view)
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
“I assure you, my blackened soul will only stain your squeaky-clean hands. My dark will suffocate your light.”

Ok. So this read is enjoyable. I liked it. Kind of a captive lite romance. Damon King is practically a genius and he moves all the chess pieces in the New York City, business, political and crime world. He has had his sights set on Aislinn for a very long time, and he snatches her up as soon as he finds out she’s in danger.

Thing is Aislinn is not JUST the upper east side princess she app
Chele'
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am BREATHLESS  and SPEECHLESS and ENRAGED and SCARED! These are all my feelings at reading the last page of Cruel Sanctuary. I don't know how Tara does it, a perfect balance of intense grit, corruption, betrayal and violence all merged with a beautiful broken man, and a strong and determined angel willing to clip her wings to be with her devil.

"Greed. You won’t find it listed on any coroner’s report, but in my world, it’s by far the most common cause-of-death."

Damon King in my opinion is mul
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
I’m definitely in the minority with this book. Everything about the blurb told me I would love. But instead, this story was just not my cuppa. I didn’t buy the instant connection and definitely not with how the first part of the story unfolded. It’s just that for me, the plot didn’t flow quite smoothly so I struggled with the story instead of it capturing me. And lastly, I’m not a prude by any sense of the word, but having erotic sex to just have sex, that doesn’t drive the story, isn’t sexy or ...more
Mandie
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
All I have to say is, WOAH!! What the hell did I just read!! Hands down one of my top reads this year!!
Kelly Green
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
"When it comes to Aislinn Granville, want is my default mode."

For the love of all that is hot AF! Tara Leigh brought the fire (in more ways than one).... and the suspense! Damon and Aislinn are so sizzling I thought my kindle just might melt! The back story with these 2 is so intriguing that I was completely tapped with the very first chapter! If I didn't have adult stuff to be done I most likely would NOT have put this book down once I started, it was THAT good! Tara Leigh wrote this book in a
Amy
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5, I need to know what happens next, Stars!!

“Damon King is like the boogeyman of Manhattan. No one I know has met him and yet everyone I know is scared of him. He’s the name your mind conjures when you find yourself in a dark alley, or when you’re already lost and your vision is obscured by steam from a subway grate.”

“I am a monarch. A general. A dictator–and not the benevolent kind. I wasn’t born to the crown. Nevertheless, I wear it well. Aislinn Granville is more than just a tribute from on
Tanaka K
"Right here, right now, Damon King is my lord and liege. My captor and savior. Maybe he’s put a spell on me. Or maybe he’s cursed me. Because my mind is filled with only two words. His name. Damon King. Damon King. Damon King."

Ever had the feeling you never wanted to finish a book? Ever had a feeling that you wanted to suck every single word to the last letter? Ever had a feeling of utter destruction? Devastation? Ruin? Because of a book. Ever felt so complete because of a book? Cruel Sanctuary
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: ++5/ 5 stars

I may say this a lot. But if there’s a writer I’ve followed from the start and have noticed how much their writing has gotten better with every book? Then Tara is definitely it! Her writing is more astonishing with every release, her words more beautiful and poetic even. And if I loved her past characters, you best be sure I’m gonna love the news ones even more. Damon and Ash, my god these were so different from each other and from the characters Tara usually writes but they
Erin Lewis
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review of Cruel Sanctuary (The Wages of Sin Duet #1) by Tara Leigh
Firstly be prepared, this book does end on a cliff hanger however I believe that the conclusion Corrupt Saviour, will be released in the not to distant future. I have read a couple of books by Tara Leigh but I had no idea what to expect from Cruel Sanctuary which is Damon King and Aislinn Granville’s story.
I was hooked from the first page until the very last and found myself absolutely riveted to the book, I couldn’t put it
Gina Azzi
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cruel Sanctuary is fire! Damon and Aislinn’s chemistry smolders off the page, pulling you right into their intense, dark romance. Brimming with unexpected plot twists, teeming with heat, Cruel Sanctuary is captivating.

Damon is the king of New York’s underworld and Aislinn is independent and fierce - but with a moral compass. When Damon steps in to protect Aislinn from external threats, she wants none of it... until she starts wanting him back. The conflict and surprising history between Damon a
Angela
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, dark

Talk about twists and turns, violence and romance, this story had it all. Damon King is your quintessential bad boy who uses his criminal activities for the greater good.

description

The darling daughter of a politician who is determined to bring one particular Mexican cartel under control, Aislinn's father he does what he does whether Aislinn likes it or not. When her father's recent dealings are about to become public and are likely to put an end to his mayoral ambitions, Aislinn decides that she can no l
Rebecca Sharp
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED the first book in the Wages of Sin duet! It has everything from a feisty heroine to a drool-worthy alphahole that I love!

I admired Aislinn's deep moral compass and determination to stick to her guns almost as much as I adored Damon's bad-boy protectiveness and intense alpha-ness. The sexual tension and suspense is on point throughout the whole story and the ending has me on the edge of my seat until book 2 comes out! I *cannot* wait!
Jenny
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This was so amazing! Dark, sexy, suspenseful. I was captivated from the beginning. I love Aislinn and Damon. They are great characters with amazingly hot chemistry. I can’t wait for more! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books
"A kiss from Damon King would be a brand of ownership. A claiming."

Tara Leigh totally nailed it once again! Cruel Sanctuary is different than what she usually delivers for sure, but by exploring a new genre, the author has totally
1. captivated me
2. sent me on a thrilling roller coaster ride of emotions through her remarkable characters
3. left me craving for more

Damon King and Aislinn Granville’s story is not a fairy tale but a story that will steal your hearts and rock your world senseless.
Da
Carla Bulian
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,7. This book was very well writing, and the story was great, but I didn’t like how each chapter ended. It was very abrupt, totally cut the thoughts of the characters.
The chemistry between the characters was forceful.
I really expected more about this book.
Unfortunately...
Want to keep up with Tara Leigh and hear all the news & behind the scenes details about her books? Just click here: http://bit.ly/TaraLeighNwsltr. And are you a member of her exclusive readers group? http://bit.ly/TaraLeighReaders

Tara Leigh writes sexy contemporary romance about billionaires and rock stars that are alpha without being ***holes.

She attended Washington University in St. Louis a

Wages of Sin (2 books)
  • Corrupt Savior (Wages of Sin #2)
Rumor has it, he’s a fixer in the same way the devil is. He might offer to solve your problem, but only at the expense of your soul. Or worse.”
0 likes
“New York City isn’t the devil’s playground – it’s mine. You might think it’s the politicians and police that control just about everything that goes on in this city, but you’d be wrong. To bring a pail and shovel into Manhattan’s sandbox, my permission is required.” 0 likes