Start by marking “Blossoms: 666” as Want to Read:
Blossoms: 666

Blossoms: 666

(Blossoms: 666 #1-5)

Archie Horror's newest title, featuring a demonic take on Riverdale's troublesome twins.

Cheryl and Jason Blossom are a pair of seemingly normal kids in Riverdale. They're wealthy, popular and likeable--but they also harbor a deep, dark secret--one of the Blossom Twins is the Anti-Christ. Both want the title, and no one in Riverdale is safe.
Published November 5th 2019 by Archie Comics

To ask other readers questions about Blossoms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blossoms

Start your review of Blossoms: 666
Artemy
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another new installment in the Archie Horror line, this time reimagining the Blossom family as members of a satanic murder cult. It’s pretty fun, even if the story doesn’t shy away from treading a few tired old horror tropes, and the ending felt a bit smudged. Still, Cullen Bunn manages to write probably the best Archie Horror book to date, and Laura Braga’s excellent and consistent artwork is icing on the cake.
Chad
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, hoopla
Cullen Bunn signs up for Archie's horror line giving us a tale mashing up The Omen, Rosemary's Baby and the Blossom twins. The pacing in the final issue felt somewhat rushed, almost like the series was cut short and Bunn needed to wrap things up. I would have loved to see this played out over a longer series. I feel like we only got a taste. Lauren Braga's art was a pleasant surprise.
Giusy P.
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5

non seguo la serie Riverdale (ho abbandonato dopo quattro episodi), ma tutti i fumetti dedicati ai suoi personaggi mi ispirano tantissimo, specie perché prendono una piega soprannaturale (se anche la serie tv fosse così, la guarderei tipo subito).

Blossom 666 mi ispirava da secoli, ma ho aspettato pazientemente che concludessero la pubblicazione dell'ultimo albo, in modo da non dover attendere e poterlo leggere tutto di seguito... e dopo averlo finito penso solo che forse avrei dovuto
Chris Lemmerman
One of the Blossoms is going to be the Anti-Christ. Watch them destroy Riverdale as they try and work out who. That's the hook, and you really don't need any more than that. Of course, a forgotten twin brother doesn't hurt though.

I did like this, I really did. The machinations of Cheryl and Jason are fun to watch, and it's clear from Riverdale and the other Archie Horror books that Archie Comics don't mind torturing their characters. But there's definitely a big sense of 'was that it?' at the
Lindsay Heller
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, graphic, horror
Okay. I read this. I basically read it because it was presented to me on Hoopla, and thus rather easy to get my hands on, and I love Cheryl Blossom. I loved Cheryl Blossom when she was just a bitchy mean girl in my Betty and Veronica Double Digests and I love her even more now that she's the best thing on Riverdale (with her freaking bow and arrow). So in this it's basically that either she or her twin brother, Jason, are the antichrist and they have to sort of battle it out between each other. ...more
Sesana
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, horror
Another great Archie Horror title. This time, Bunn gives the Blossom twins The Omen treatment. I don't think there's a more natural fit in the line. Unfortunately, it feels like this series was cut short. It read like, at best, the first half of an at least 12 issue series. I'm not sure if this is bad pacing from Bunn or the series getting cut short by editorial. Up until that rushed, incomplete ending, this was great. The twins are devious and creepy and dangerously appealing, and the havoc ...more
Bert Z
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the first Archie Horror graphic novel that didn’t wow me. It felt as though the author just really didn’t understand Cheryl & Jason Blossom, the characters felt really flat. The artwork looks like the artwork from the regular Archie/ Riverdale novels, and not the Archie Horror style artwork, which left me disappointed.

I didn’t hate it but I was just expecting more from an antichrist story featuring the fiery haired terrible two. Also, not enough incest vibes. Lol.
Vicki Crosson
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was beautiful, and it pulled characters together how I would expect them, but all in all it left me with too many questions. They're supposed to be competing to become the anti-christ... But what does that even look like? I was really underwhelmed by the plot and the new character; it all could have gone much darker.
Shannon
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Individual issue reviews: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5

Total review score: 1.9
Chriss
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this version of the Archie comics. Not hard to believe the blossoms as Satan worshippers or Cheryl and Jason in competition to become the anti Christ. Always loved these comics and this one was a delight.
Cheryl
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely fits right in with the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Except I'm not getting the weird cognitive disconnect. (The Blossom twins were never very nice people.)

Pro tip: Pay extra attention to the art.
V.S (Nerdy Elephant)
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun and quick read! I am so happy to be back in the Riverdale comics world after the disappointing third season of the TV show. The horror aspect of the book contributed to its overall fresh feel. ...more
Jacob Shelton
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this graphic novel was the deciding factor in the decision to sell my soul for a set of riverdale commemorative jelly jars and i couldn't be happier
Pat Starnes
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun book delightfully evil :)
Amanda
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
great concept but the execution isn’t quite there
Haley
Shelves: read-in-2019
3.5
Chloe Pope
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly just such an enjoyable series, with a great cliffhanger at the end, if there is more I’m looking forward to it!
Lady Entropy
Ethan Walker
Oct 09, 2019
Astrid
Nov 22, 2019

• Jughead: The Hunger Vol. 3 (Judhead The Hunger)
  • Jughead: The Hunger, Vol. 1
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Unnatural, Vol. 1: Awakening
  • Contronatura, Vol. 2: La caccia
  • Teen Titans: Raven
Cullen grew up in rural North Carolina, but now lives in the St. Louis area with his wife Cindy and his son Jackson. His noir/horror comic (and first collaboration with Brian Hurtt), The Damned, was published in 2007 by Oni Press. The follow-up, The Damned: Prodigal Sons, was released in 2008. In addition to The Sixth Gun, his current projects include Crooked Hills, a middle reader horror prose ...more

Blossoms: 666 (6 books)