Start by marking “Gryphon's Pride (Gesa's Menagerie, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gryphon's Pride (Gesa's Menagerie, #1)

Gryphon's Pride

(Gesa's Menagerie #1)

Not your typical reverse harem…
Gryphon shifter Gesa Lionheart isn’t your typical heroine. Screwed over by her family—a stunningly medieval gryphon clan that is supposed to value loyalty and truth—the former bodyguard sets out on her own to a remote city growing in the Michigan wilderness. With little in the way of life skills outside her clan training, and no one to
Published March 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Gryphon's Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gryphon's Pride

Start your review of Gryphon's Pride (Gesa's Menagerie, #1)
J.L.
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2019
The author warns in the book description that this is “not your typical reverse harem.” I would also happily argue that this is not a typical romance or typical urban fantasy. With that combination, I was immediately sucked into the world-building, the plot, and the characters.

Gesa is the “strong female character” taken to the extreme, with height and muscles as her defining physical characteristics. However, I appreciate that this does not prevent her from embracing her sexuality. I look
Mwanderer79
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed this series. I like the character and the fact that the paranormal protagonist is not a werewolf or a vampire. (I like a were wolf over a vampire. If you've ever read Sunshine by Robin Mckinley you'll understand why.) But, who ever heard of a Gryphon shifter? Without being overly dramatic about the properties of a Gryphon, this book has a lot of character involvement. The reverse harem elements are significant but, not raunchy. And each of the characters are unique and yet fill a ...more
Katie Thompson
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaye warns us in her Author’s Note that these characters are very different and unique, and I gotta say, I LOVED them! Gesa is a powerhouse: super tall, super strong, and super not typical feminine. Oisin is... well, he’s hard to describe. He is slender and fae, and yet totally badass at the same time. He manages to be everything but alpha male and super masculine dude brah at once: he’s lethal, he’s sexy, and he is all about life lived pleasurably. Both of them are breaking the mold of their ...more
Athena
RaChelle Holmberg
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I first found this author on FreeBooksy, and what a treat! Now I am in her reading group, and she gifted me this book - thank you, Kaye! She has a very exciting writing style, and you just never know whats he going to come up with. This particular book has a kick-ass heroine and was laugh out loud in parts.. mainly because I wish I WAS one. Im not going to tell her story line in this review, so..... Do yourself a favor and snag this book.
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute and entertaining!

Interesting storyline. Characters are likeable and fun. Enjoyable world and storyline. I read....alot. This got me interested in enough to break down and buy the rest of the books in the series; which I don't usually do since I already have Kindle unlimited. So if you're looking for a fun entertaining read, go for it.
Lisa Diggs
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book hooked me.

The book hooked me but I truly hate serials. I read so fast I feel like I open the book and I'm done. So, for me to deal with so I can read the rest of the books in going to read each one at be time so I'm not up till three in the morning trying to finish a book per my norm. Good job on getting me last my hangup.

Helene
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very short story. Not much in terms of suspense/investigation. I don’t particularly like leading lady either. And the she transforms into a Gryphon, gets a bullet in the thigh and catches a guy with her beak

Author does get points for originality in terms of leading lady and her love interest.
Ash
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good quick read

Paranormal. Uf. Novella. Rh. 1/? Guys. Private Investigators. Castout Gryphon shifter heroine. Gesa is hired to find a missing person wich turns out to be missing persons. Strong fmc with witty banter and a sexy fae sidekick.
Thomi-michelle Oladitan
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slow start but great read

Gesa's harem is just starting and as a wounded warrior with things to overcome she fights for the lives of others while trying to put herself back together. With the help of one snarky far she is on her way to true happiness
Tammy Pond
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not your average reverse harem!

With a strong female lead character, a love interest that flat out admits that shes the boss, and a storyline that keeps you hooked until the very last word this is not your average book. Cant wait to read the rest!
Andrea
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Great dialogue, good pacing. Loved the heroine and love the harem interest(s). Immediately bought book 2. Really like something different in the shifter variety and love her strength of character and how she deals with adversity.
Joanne Watkins USA
Apr 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Warning references to rape

Some reviews mentioned dark references but not rape. I do not read romance that includes this. It may not bother others but it is an absolute hard no for me.
Michelle Miller
Jun 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not very good.

The storyline was very basic and there were no sex scenes just the 'fade to black' kind of thing. So not what I read this genre for, lol. I like a good story with juicy lemons , not whatever this was, because it had none of that.
Kim
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: smut-paranormal
Meh...
Rahsheen Kidwell
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gryphon’s Pride

Short and sweet. I can see myself reading the whole series in a day. What an odd couple to start a harem but whatever floats your boat.
Jeanny
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019-releases
DNF 73%
How can such a short book (80 pages) feel so long? It was so dull it went on & on.
Stormy Sparks
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read

This first book was a quick read and a fun read. I'm enjoying it and plan to continue the series.
Michelle Natividad-johnson
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story

I hadn't encountered a story about a graphing before. Liked the plot and the characters. Will be reading the next book to see what happens.
Hope Erica
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Urban Fantasy Romance

This is a nice first book that ends in a positive place, but it isn’t the complete story. Compelling enough to make me interested in book two.
Beene B.
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed it! Made me laugh alot. ...more
Stephanie
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!

Away with the petite princesses and hello Amazonian women! I love everyone in this series. I can't wait to read the next books! So so worth the money!
Brice Jale
I was hooked by the synopsis of this book. With the dynamics being way different from your typical menage romance novels, I couldnt' help to pick this up for a read. Sadly, my expectations weren't met mainly because of the plot. Overall, this book/series isn't for me, but I still think other readers of the genre will.
Chrissy
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting Start to An Urban Fantasy Reverse Harem Series

I’ve not read this author before and I decided to take a risk on a book that wasn’t actually in Kindle Unlimited, which is rare for me when I don’t know the author. However, I was really pleased with my purchase. The book itself is a longer length novella, so it didn’t feel like I was being short changed. It was a nice bite sized treat.

The story revolves around Gesa a gryphon who has left her clan and is trying to make it in a human city.
Dharia Scarab
Ongoing series, with a nice blend of depth and humor. Loved the mystery solving aspects.

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to
Jamie Hancock
Jun 19, 2019
Ann Hill
Jun 02, 2019

• Meow (Catnip Assassins, #1)
  • Magical Seclusion (Biomystic Security #3)
  • Magical Temptations (Biomystic Security #2)
  • Emergence (From the Embers Book 1)
  • Magical Intentions (Biomystic Security #1)
  • Twisted Flames (The Anomaly #1)
  • Upended Life (Artemis University #1)
  • Magical Redemption (Biomystic Security Book 4)
  • Drowning Studies (Artemis University #2)
  • Addie (Pack of Misfits #1)
  • Hypnos (Seeking the Zodiacs #1)
  • First Moon (Lovin' the Coven #1)
  • Burn, Baby, Burn (A Magical Romantic Comedy (with a body count), #8)
  • Infected (Releasing the Magic, #1)
  • Reign of Dragons (Dragon Dojo Brotherhood #1)
  • Tethered to the World (A Phantom Touched #1)
  • Third Charm (Lovin' the Coven #3)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
Kaye Draper is the author of magic, romance, wonder and redemption in e-format and print, including the WENDIGO GIRL series, the EARTH AND SKY series, the DEMON'S CALL series and numerous stand-alone novels and short stories. Kaye inhabits the forests and waters of Michigan, where she often finds inspiration for her stories. She is currently hard at work on a new urban fantasy reverse harem, the ...more

Gesa's Menagerie (9 books)
  • Heart of the Pride (Gesa's Menagerie, #2)
  • With Pride (Gesa's Menagerie, #3)
  • Pride Before the Fall (Gesa's Menagerie, #4)
  • Wounded Pride (Gesa's Menagerie, #5)
  • Pride and Perdition (Gesa's Menagerie #6)
  • A Matter of Pride (Gesa's Menagerie #7)
  • Haunted by Pride (Gesa's Menagerie #8)
  • Perfect Pride (Gesa's Menagerie #9)