Start by marking “Pig the Tourist” as Want to Read:
Pig the Tourist

Pig the Tourist

(Pig the Pug #7)

Pig the Pug is causing havoc and hilarity as he travels around the world.
Pig was a Pug
and I'm sorry to say,
when he went on vacation
he'd cause great dismay.

Everywhere he goes around the globe, Pig the Pug offends the locals and causes destruction and devastation. However, in the end, Pig's rudeness comes back to bite him...

Rich with author-illustrator Aaron Blabey's
Published February 4th 2020 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Pig the Tourist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pig the Tourist

Start your review of Pig the Tourist
Jo
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pig the pug is a mischievous dog. Everything is about him, he's selfish, demanding and totally out of control. Arron Blabey is my favorite children's author he's incredibly talented and is the number one author that I get asked to read at storytime.
Grace Huey
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grace likes the piranhas biting him and him having his behind covered in bandages. So, five stars it is.

Hard words, no help needed: vacation, describe, somehow, shatter, taboo, wouldnt, control, ruin, travel

Hard words, help needed: ensure, dampen, vibe, flaunt, tradition, disaster, ambition, absolute, devastation, appalling, yahoo, locals, holiday, honest, although
Sam
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The theme of this story is respectfully travelling through other countries and respecting other cultures. So a very topical book for children but done in that Blabey style that only Pig could convey without making your child feel like they're being talked down to.
Becky
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
First sentence: Pig was a pug and Im sorry to say, when he went on vacation hed cause great dismay.

Premise/plot: Pig the Pug has his own series. It is a long series. Blabey is kept busy writing this and other series. The story is written in rhyme. In this adventure, Pig causes trouble, trouble, and more trouble.

My thoughts: I am not a fan of the series. I think the illustrations keep me from actually enjoying the books. The text is enjoyable enough. For little ones that do love the series, that
IcyAve
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of my favourite picture book series.
Steph
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
For sure my FAVORITE in the series so far!!!
DaNae
Such a poorly behaved traveler. My students love this series so.
Susan Liston
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, juvie, read-2020
Pig causes mayhem around the world! I laughed out loud several times, how I do love Pig.
Sarah Wiwchar
Straight up a rip-off of the first book. Very disappointed. Also the words are like all really big
Jess
Aug 15, 2019 added it
Pig the Pug is back and dare I say it, better than ever.

Everybody's favourite little destroyer, Pig the Pug is continuing his adventures in this latest release from bestselling author Aaron Blabey. This time Pig and his family are headed overseas and around the world on what is meant to be the most epic of holidays ... but Pig, being Pig, things never turn out the way they are intended.

I love everything about Pig the Tourist. From Blabey's adorably quirky illustrations to his highly entertaining
Dimity Powell
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-lit
Not every Pig title wins instant admiration from me, unlike the zillions of school kids this greedy, self-centered, self-indulgent pooch performs for. The Tourist however, appeals to a slightly older crowd I felt and therefore wins sincere laughter and brownie points. As ever, perfect rhyme and ribald illustrations depict Pig in all his glorious irreverent splendor, which one hopes will show the kiddies how NOT to behave when it comes to cultural and environmental appreciation.
Jennie
I am not a fan of Pig the Pug - for me his bad behaviour is tiresome rather than humorous but this is sure to amuse many youngsters. The story does introduce some useful concepts relating to travel - passport, planes, famous places etc to initiate some discussion and some research (Mona Lisa, Pisa etc).
Lynda
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Pig the Pug unleashes his usual mayhem - this time, whenever he travels and things 'unravel'! Sadly, he is the epitome of the horrible Aussie tourist overseas - despite poor, loyal friend Trevor trying to model the best travelling behaviour possible. A little sharp comeuppance at the end helps put the brakes on for the over-entitled, rapscallion Pig.
AMY
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Grades K-2
This time Pig is traveling and causing a commotion everywhwere he goes. Trevor is trying to do the right thing, but Pig does not care. Illustrations are hilarious and kids will enjoy figuring out what Pig is up to in each picture. Highly recommended for Grades K-2.
AD
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh Pig! Will he ever learn his lesson? Now he's running amok on holidays, getting into the usual sorts of trouble. I like the incorporation of different cultures and festivals in this episode of Pig's adventures.
Julie Garner
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Another fun addition to the Pig series. We all know someone who doesnt travel well. Unfortunately for Trevor, that means even on holidays, Pig manages to spoil things for him. He is still the self-centered Pug we know and love, causing chaos wherever he goes. Kids will love it! ...more
C Exley Books (Cassandra)
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-books, 2019
I just read this with my five year old son for his bed time story.

All questions answered by my son (Nicholas).

Do you like this book?
Nicholas said "Yes"

What do you think of the cover?
Nicholas said "Cool"

Do you want me to read it again?
Nicholas said "Yes"
Kindra
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very funny! I get sick of how obvious and preachy the messages are in so many picture books. Pig the Pug is just pure fun.
Morlando K
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
a lovely book, we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Leslie
Loved watching Mr. Schu read this on the Barnes and Noble website today!
Andrea
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the Pig the Pug books at their inception, but the premise is starting to feel forced.
Amanda Walz
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Pig is just as naughty in this story as in his other books.
Ely
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read as part of storytime at work. This is a cute little storyI haven't met any kids who don't like Pig the Pug. The illustrations are pretty simple, but effective and cute nonetheless. ...more
Kathleen Subbert
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fun read! I love the Pig the Pug series.
Sarah Thompson
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pig never listens, he always does what he wants! That is the main view for all pig the pug books. Kids love them, they are a lot like Walter the farting dog.
Angela
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Pig the Pug gets up to all sorts of mischief when he travels. His chaos-causing antics will appeal to children's sense of humour.
SilverReader
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can not help but laugh at these books. Every kid will love this adorable Pug!
Larae Thomas
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say... I love Pig the Pug!
Ashlee
Haha! A great story that teaches kids to show manners in public.
Karen
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rhyming-books
This is a good addition to the Pig the Pug series. Kids will love Pig's crazy antics.

• Macca the Alpaca
  • The Good Egg Presents: The Great Eggscape!
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • The Serious Goose
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • Goodnight Already!
  • Grumpycorn
  • How to Catch a Unicorn
  • Nat Enough (Nat Enough #1)
  • Kevin the Unicorn: It's Not All Rainbows
  • Parker Looks Up: An Extraordinary Moment
  • Don't Feed the Coos!
  • I Love You Already!
  • Underwear!
Aaron is an Australian author of children's books and artist who until the mid-2000s was also an actor. His award winning picture books include Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley, The Ghost of Miss Annabel Spoon and the best-selling Pig the Pug.

In the field of acting, he is probably best known for his lead roles in two television dramedies, 1994's The Damnation of Harvey McHugh, for which he won an

Pig the Pug (7 books)