Start by marking “The Legend of the Fire Princess (She-Ra Graphic Novel #1)” as Want to Read:
The Legend of the Fire Princess (She-Ra Graphic Novel #1)

The Legend of the Fire Princess (She-Ra Graphic Novel #1)

Don't miss the first epic She-Ra and the Princesses of Power graphic novel, based on stories by showrunner Noelle Stevenson!
Even after everything that's happened, the world outside the Horde's walls is still a strange one to Adora. Each day she's learning more about her growing powers as She-Ra, including something new: the ability to heal corrupted runestones. Runestones
Published February 4th 2020 by Scholastic Inc.

Start your review of The Legend of the Fire Princess (She-Ra Graphic Novel #1)
Artemis
A fun and serviceable comic book story that feels like it could have been an episode of the 'She-Ra and the Princesses of Power' TV series (set between seasons two and three, to be precise). There are no chapters or issues; just a stream flow of colour, magic, walking around and talking à la 'Lord of the Rings', friendships past and present, and battles.

There is one mission: to find the runestone of the Fire Princess of legend, which is said to have wiped out its entire kingdom after its power
Jaime
“Aren’t you keeping cool enough with your whole midriff out?”

“You leave my midriff out of this.”

The new She-Ra is one of my favourite shows so finding out that they were going to be coming out with graphic novels about the series was so exciting for me, and this certainly did not disappoint.

This tells a story from inside the She-Ra universe we haven't seen before, set sometime around season 2 or 3 I'd guess, and follows our main characters as they attempt to find the legendary fire runestone
SJ Fujimoto
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Legend of the Fire Princess has the feel of an episode of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, to the point I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out this was adapted from a screenplay that didn't make the cut. It's a perfectly serviceable story with most of the characters you know and love from the animation. The artwork by Paulina Ganucheau (of Zodiac Starforce, another comic She-Ra fans should take note of) is perfect for translating Princesses of Power into comic form. We get the usual ...more
anna
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicomanga, 2020
my fucking god! these bitches gay! good for them! good for them.
Online Eccentric Librarian
JMore reviews at the Online Eccentric Librarian http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Note: As an adult reader, I'm reviewing this title for other adults how might be interested in this graphic novel and with less emphasis on a younger reader might enjoy it. My daughter and I watch and enjoy this together.

This is a new graphical novel based on the Netflix reboot of She-Ra, the somewhat cheesy 80's spinoff of (possibly even more cheesy) He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The new reboot has received
Colleen
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Scorpia ...more
I'm going to be honest, this was a bit of a disappointment. The story itself seems like an adventure/story we'd get in the show but there were some serious issues with consistency with the show. At times the characters seemed to stay true to form but there were a few times where they also acted very out of character. It kind of killed this one for me. I'm a bit sad about it.
bee
looks like it's time to read this another ten times!!!
♛ Cameron ♛
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This ex-girlfriend Catra/Adora content is driving me feral
RedPoppyReading
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Legend of the Fire Princess” (She-Ra Graphic Novel #1) by Gigi D.G and illustrated by Paulina Ganucheau is a She-Ra fan’s dream! My whole family (especially my kindergartener) is a huge fan of the Netflix She-Ra Series and this original graphic novel made us all very happy! Based on the Netflix series but not a retelling of an plot line in the series, “The Legend of the Fire Princess” includes all our favorite characters in a race to get hold of a rune stone. But is the stone too dangerous to ...more
Brittany
Book 1 for the #PopsugarReadingChallenge2020!! I'm off to a good start with this one, which I read for the prompt "a book that's published in 2020." Being a graphic novel, it was a quick read and a nice (if brief) escape from school and work. However, my yearning for the next season of She-Ra has not been satisfied. I desperately need more!! Also, discovering that one of the artists (Paulina Ganucheau) also did Zodiac Starforce was a huge treat.

I'm also going to count this as book 5 for
Kelly Funk
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Earth. Wind. Water. Perfuma. Spinnerella. Mermista. If you’ve ever wondered after the missing core element from the Princesses of Power, Legend of the Fire Princess is the origin story you’ve been waiting for. Beautifully rendered in art and word, this graphic novel reminds us of the dangers of all-consuming power to destroy the individual while reminding us of the power of friendship to conquer the insurmountable.
Carina
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spoilers for She-Ra season 2/3

Pretty good story with nice art and good dialogue. However, I'm very confused about where this story takes place. It takes place either before or during season 2, because Queen Angela is still alive. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the rebellion think Entrapta is dead between seasons 1-2? Wouldn't this comic ruin the continuity of the show? Please inform me is this is incorrect.
Overall a really good comic She-Ra fans should not ignore!
Meagan
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the colorful illustrations! This graphic novel read like an episode of the reboot Netflix show. It’s fun and silly, but I also appreciated the character interactions; they added to what already exists in the show.
Kelly K
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020, graphic-novels
I went into this not knowing anything about this series. It seems intriguing but perhaps this wasn't a good starting point.
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy through Edelweiss.
Caitlin Fitzpatrick
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun, in character, and a great extra story for fans of the show. Bonus: beautiful illustrations.
Cat
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love She-Ra. And this reincarnation of it has been wonderful.
Gabe
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
That was fun! It was like a self-contained episode of the show. Hopefully more like it will come out to help with the wait for season 5!
Kay Kuever
Feb 13, 2020
Kaitlin
Dec 05, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Masters of the Universe #8 (Masters of the Universe (2012), #8)
  • Green Lantern: Legacy
  • American Panda
  • How to Be an Antiracist
  • Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet, Book 1
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 01 (Hunter x Hunter, #1)
  • The War That Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life, #1)
  • Snapdragon
  • On a Roll (Lumberjanes, Vol. 9)
  • Calling on Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #3)
  • Secrets of Sinister House (2019-) #1
  • We Had to Be Brave: Escaping the Nazis on the Kindertransport
  • Nat Enough
  • This Promise of Change: One Girl’s Story in the Fight for School Equality
  • Standing Strong
  • Surf's Up!: An Acorn Book (Moby Shinobi and Toby, Too! #1)
  • Don't Worry, Bee Happy (Bumble and Bee #1)
  • Owly, Vol. 1: The Way Home (Owly, #1)