Start by marking “Sew in Love: 4 Historical Stories of Love Stitched into Broken Lives” as Want to Read:
Sew in Love: 4 Historical Stories of Love Stitched into Broken Lives

Sew in Love: 4 Historical Stories of Love Stitched into Broken Lives

When four women put needle and thread to fabric, will their sewing lead to love?

HEARTS SEWN WITH LOVE by Darlene Panzera
Gold Bar, California, April 1850
During the California gold rush, a beautiful seamstress finds her heart torn between the men who want to marry her and the one fortune hunter who won’t.

WOVEN HEARTS by Jacquolyn McMurray
New York City, 1911
A
Published December 1st 2019 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about Sew in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sew in Love

Start your review of Sew in Love: 4 Historical Stories of Love Stitched into Broken Lives
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hearts down with love. By Darlene Panzera

Relationships grow with patience, persistence and time.
When the life she thoughts she would have crumbled Maggie had to believe God had a plan for her despite the disappointments. I enjoyed reading about how she met Ben and how the both of them had to let go of their plans and trust God to bring forth his plans for thier lives.
Jeremiah 29:11 best captures this story.

Woven hearts by Jacquolyn McMurray.
Abe and Millie. Interesting story of loss, pain,
Lillian
Sew in Love is a collection of four romance stories that revolve around the women's love for sewing. All four stories were well-written, heartwarming and will leave the reader yearning for more. My personal favourite was The Language of Love that brings together an Irish seamstress who wants to downplay her accent and a baseball player with a speech impediment. Granted that I am not the least bit interested in American baseball, I enjoyed how the characters thought they were not meant for ...more
Tereana D
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from the publisher to review.

This is a multi-author anthology collection containing four stories.

Even though the fourth story in the book was a more modern historical romance, it was still great.

I enjoyed reading the book, it was definitely a great read.
Ann
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of novellas. Each one is well written, holds your attention and has a wonderful christian message. This collection was a joy to read and I look forward to reading more books by these four authors. If you like historical christian romance, you will love this book. Thank you Barbour Publishing via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
Rosie
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection of unrelated stories taking place between 1850 - 1945. Each of the four novellas was a 5 star story that included historical fact as a basis of the storyline. Really good reading.

I received an ARC ebook from Barbour through NetGalley and I was under no obligation to post a review.
Ochegba
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This wonderful collection of novellas tells the beautiful story four women who have been through trying times and use sewing to pull them through. I enjoyed each story in it's uniqueness and the way the authors put it all together.
They had their faith tested and the struggled but love found them.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley. All opinions expressed are mine
Kristin
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this set of four short novellas by four different authors. Each story is set in a different time in history and each features a seamstress. Get it? Sew in Love... cute, right? The characters draw you in and the setting and historical details keep you rooted. Lovely stories, highly recommended.
Becky
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Put something about sewing or many other crafts in a novel title and I'll pick it up to read without even reading the jacket blurb. That's what I did with Sew in Love, a collection of four novellas all revolving around sewing. Beginning in 1850 and going through to World War II, each of the heroines has a specific talent in sewing and their talents lead them to love.

Each of the girls faces some dark days that test her faith, and needs the help of the man to get her bearings back.

These stories
Esther
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I love novella collections. The shorter length of each story is perfect for when you want a quick read. I usually find that I like two or three of the four stories within a collection. This rings true for the four stories within this collection.

Hearts Sewn with Love by Darlene Panzera and Woven Hearts by Jacquolyn McMurray were both good, quick reads. I appreciated the different aspects of the historical settings of each. I found myself slightly frustrated with all the main characters at times.
Faith
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a anthology whose stories cover a spectrum of different ways women earned money sewing to help their families. These women had to work because the men with the exception of two of the stories, were all deceased. Of the two with men, one was severely injured and unable to work and in the other the father was stationed in England during WW II.

Every story tells of the struggles, hardships, pain and loss that these brave women face as they work to earn money to care for their families. Each
Marilyn Creagan
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These 4 stories are entertaining and informative. Each features a delightfully strong young woman determined to use her talents to succeed so she can support her family. They set their goals and work hard, undeterred by obstacles. Naturally their paths cross with those of worthy men. Their relationships develop as the couples empower each other to achieve their dreams. It was quite fun to share in the turmoil and discoveries as they all grew to understand themselves and others. The historical ...more
Jeri Stockdale
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Sew in Love immensely. Built around the common theme of sewing, each novella spun an individual tale, unique for each heroine and for the different historical time frames in which the characters lived. They are well written, full of life's struggles, inspirational in nature, and with a satisfying romance. All four stories left me with something to think about and to remember. I especially enjoy reading WWII stories, maybe because my parents lived that era, so Debby Lee's novella, ...more
Anne
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sew in Love
By Debby Lee, Kimberley Woodhouse, Darlene Panzera, and Jacquolyn McMurray
From 1850 to 1945 follow four women as they use their gift of sewing to find love.
I imagine that novellas are challenging to write. You must have a good plot but a concise storyline while providing depth and growth. That being said the first 3 novellas of this collection were great however I did not enjoy the last one as I felt it was poorly written. The previous three stories were well written, unique from one
Jacquolyn McMurray
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
One of my favorite genres to read is historical fiction. This was my first attempt at writing in the genre and it turns out I love the research and imagining what life was like during those dark days after the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. I enjoyed reading the other stories in the collection and working with Darlene Panzera, Debby Lee, and Kimberley Woodhouse. The strong female characters are a draw for me and the way each of them pushes through to their HEA.
Amy
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sew in Love is a collection of four sweet historical stories: These stories include:
Hearts Sewn with Love by Darlene Panzera
Woven Hearts by Jacquolyn McMurray
A Language of Love by Kimberley Woodhouse
Tailored Sweethearts by Debby Lee
I enjoyed this collection and found some new to authors to look forward to in the future. I am giving it four and a half stars.
Savanna Kaiser
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a neat concept for a novella collection! I enjoyed the settings, endearing characters working through difficult life circumstances, and historical details. As in most novellas, the romance is short and sweet. I'm always left wanting a little more. :) But I can't complain. It's easy to read and enjoy when you don't have a lot of time. Historical fiction fans will enjoy this!
Paula
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sew in Love is a group of stories, all including sewing in one form or another, written by various authors. Each story is enjoyable, just short. I found myself wishing each story was longer, full length novels. Great reading, but just too short.
Crystal Brothers
Oct 01, 2019
Ruby Byler
Oct 03, 2019
Debby Lee
Oct 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Becky Smith
J
Jun 18, 2019
Rachel
Jul 31, 2019

• The Rebel Bride (Daughter of the Mayflower, #10)
  • The Oregon Trail Romance Collection: 9 Stories of Life on the Trail into the Western Frontier
  • The Bake Shop (Amish Marketplace #1)
  • Homefront Heroines: 4 Young Women Dream of Victory and Love During WWII
  • Once Upon a Dickens Christmas: 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England
  • The Bridge to Belle Island
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • Crinoline Cowboys: A Cowboy of Her Own / Josephine's Dream / Love's Cookin' at the Cowboy Cafe / Bea Mine
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance #1)
  • The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • Christmas at the Aloha Cafe
  • A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, #3)
  • What Comes My Way (Brookstone Brides, #3)
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle #3)
  • You Belong with Me (Restoring Heritage #1)