Start by marking “Wake Up, Life Is Calling” as Want to Read:
Wake Up, Life Is Calling

Wake Up, Life Is Calling

Ankita has fought a mental disorder, been through hell, and survived two suicide attempts. Now in Mumbai, surrounded by her loving and supportive parents, everything seems idyllic. She is not on medication. She is in a college she loves, studying her dream subject: Creative Writing. At last leading a ‘normal life’, she immerses herself in every bit of it.

Underneath the sur
Published April 1st 2019 by Srishti Publishers & Distributors

Start your review of Wake Up, Life Is Calling
Vishnu Chevli
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my second book by Preeti Shenoy. The first one I read was "Love a Little Stronger" that was a wonderful light read. I enjoyed the humor, emotion and feeling shared in those stories. And Preeti is one of the bestselling authors of India, so I didn't want to lose the chance to read the next book by her which was a sequel to "Life is What You Make It", again a national bestseller. I happily accepted the review copy in exchange for an honest review.

"Wake Up, Life Is Calling" is a story of A
Rakhi Jayashankar

Ankita was a patient of Bipolar Disorder. With the help of her parents and NIMH. Life is What You Make it ends there. What's left for the sequel? Well, mental health problem is like a shadow. Wherever you go, you will be scrutinised. Whatever you do will be judged as a disease. You won't be able to express your emotions in a fear that you will be misjudged as being sick again.

Ankita is out in the world. She wants to erase her past and start all over. But the return of her boyfriend and encounte
Dhruv Sharma
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Depressed & dragged beginning and rushed up perfect ending.

This one is a sequel of life is what you make it, The story revolves around the life of a dynamic young girl who fights bipolar disorder bravely, and constantly fights to fit into the so-called normal world. Indeed
life has so much messy and beautiful plans for us. Keep fighting till you get out of those messy and unwanted things in life.

What I didn’t like:
It feels like you are reading everything over and over again. I have already read
Kavita
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first thing about this book that caught my attention was it's title. A very positive and chill vibe . The cover is vibrant and beautiful. From the blurb I understood that this book had a prequel and I hadn't read it. So immediately got it on my kindle and read that so that I could enjoy the books together.
Having read the first one just before this gave me a good perspective of the story.
A very descriptive, honest narration of what the protagonist Ankita goes through. The narrative felt a b
Anantha Narayanan
Jul 03, 2020 rated it liked it
A good read to make understand how mind plays in multitude of ways....
Mansi
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
One of Preeti Shenoy's poorest writing. I am a big fan of her books and writing..I've even met her in person and conveyed this! But this book honestly did nothing for me; I've read the first book and it honestly gave me goosebumps..but this one cannot say the same! The writing felt lazy and poor..especially the first half describing her college life; I genuinely felt like I was reading a book for kids; small sentences and boring scenes. The second half picked up but it got so dramatic after that ...more
Mehak Asif
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is the story of Ankita, a young girl who had suffered from a major mental illness and came back from a mental hospital. She is trying everything to regain normalcy in her life. She is in a college she loves, studying Creative writing, where she makes new friends as well, who do not know anything about her past. She is busy and happy in her new life. But, this happiness doesn't last long as her past resurfaces, and his ex-boyfriend comes back to her life, to regain her trust. And just when she ...more
Amritha Prem
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Life is what you make it. A novel by Preeti Shenoy - this book changed my life forever- it made me realise my purpose, my calling and she is such a wonder woman and my inspiration and will remain my all time favourite author:) Her words connect to us and her thoughts are enriching! When Preeti Shenoy announced about the sequel I was so much exicted and the sequel had it all! Mental health a topic which we still consider a taboo is briefly broken into pieces and constructed in 33 chapters! Ankita ...more
Amulya Pokala
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of late mental health is on the stands and with a book that has the protagonist dealing with a mental disorder helps in understanding to a certain extent what it is to go through a mental illness. It helps in being empathetic to others.
I reveled the book, especially the Life's little lessons that Ankitha keeps writing in the book, Mrs Hayden and last but not the least the way the author has named each and every chapter on the name of a song :) The part of Mrs Hayden was written so diligently th
Yashaswi N
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's the sequel to her book "Life is what you make it", I have read that and liked that, hence wanted to read this. This is much better than that book and I really enjoyed reading.

Though the story line is same and it's based on the Depression, it's narrated in such a way that's it's not boring. There is so much similarity in both the books, yet so much different. Specially in this book, she perfectly matched the title with the content which was bit missing in the other book.

Not really a fascin
Aryan Sarath
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A simple story but with a powerful message. I have read all the books of the author so far. All I can say is this - Preeti is real good when it comes to narration. It is no wonder that she is one of the Top 5 Authors in India when it comes to book sales. She is certainly a "Master Storyteller" who has shown variations in each and every book of hers that was published so far.

The book will send positive vibes to those who has/had the tendency of committing suicide and must be real by all since thi
Animesh Das (Booksandbeard)
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Story is set in the year 1993 and it has been meticulously followed and beautifully portrayed by the author through the dressing style, songs and mention of the events like 'the coming of Darzi and copying Juhi Chawla's dress in "Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman". The beauty of Bombay has been shown through the vivid description of Churchgate Khau Galli, The Gateway of India,Wellington Fountain, Flora Fountain etc.

We also find a contrast between the mentality of the two best friends of Ankita.On one
Milauni
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Setting Yourself Free From the Prison of Your Mind

'Wake Up, Life is Calling" is an apt ode to the greatest struggles- we face. The one we fight with ourselves. A beautiful sequel to the protagonist Ankita's life depicted in "Life is What You Make It, this book starts exactly from where the last one ended. With new characters, interesting plots, subplots and charming old characters, Ankita's journey will make you wake up and smell the coffee.

Preeti Shenoy, an acclaimed wizard at her craft, leave
Sarmistha
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Blue Balloon of hope and positivity engulfed all her dreadful thoughts.She basked in the Sun of newfound love and confidence.
Few books changes your thinking, makes you value your relationships, analyse your life events in a new light and inspire you from the very beginning to end. This book belong to that rare species. A sequel to the book Life is What You Make It. It traces the life of Ankita, the central protagonist whose life returned to normalcy after a brief stint in NMHI. She joined a
Bookish Mind
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finally finished reading #WakeUpLifeIsCalling by @preeti.shenoy yesterday and it's spectacular 😍
"Life is What you Make it" was the first book that i ever read. My sister had read it and absolutely loved it, after she was done reading it, she couldn't stop telling everyone the story of the book and recommending it to almost every friend of hers. So one sunday out of curiosity I picked it up. And I am so glad that i did.

That book got me into reading and Preeti Shenoy has been my favorite au
Shristy Sinha
Average

I'm am a fan of Preeti Shenoy. But I think this is just an average read or I should say I liked it in parts. The put up of these parts make this book an okay type. I loved the prequil, infact it is one of my all time favourite... But not too happy with this. Writing style is good as always but story line is average. It's like giving a closure to the prequil, that's it.
Anitha Ponraj
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Our mind is our biggest enemy
But it can also be our biggest friend
There's so much beauty in life
We only have to look✨

Wake up life is calling
Preeti Shenoy

How true is it ?
How easily we let others opinions of us affect us ?

How often do we try to walk in other's shoes before making a quick remark which may haunt them forever!!

Mental health is as important or even more important than physical health but speaking about it is still a taboo is our society.

Preeti Shenoy has given an wonderful account o
Simran Sardana
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you guys have read other reviews of mine, then you all must be already knowing that Preeti shenoy is my favourite author.
Now talking about this book.

Blurb: Ankita has fought a mental disorder, been through hell, and survived two suicide attempts. Now in Mumbai, surrounded by her loving and supportive parents, everything seems idyllic. She is not on medication. She is in a college she loves, studying her dream subject: Creative Writing. At last leading a ‘normal life’, she immerses herself in
Disha Ray
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
The story revolves around Ankita, who is a patient of Bipolar Disorder. After facing the hell and defeating her mania with hope and determination, she's back to her normal life.
Now in Mumbai, she starts her new life. She joins her favourite course, creative writing and starts going to college again. Everything was almost normal until that day when she accidentally discovers a book in her college library. The Book which challenges her sanity and reminds her of the dark past.
REVIEW -
🌸The writ
Anu
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Life is what you make it

a) My first book by the author which made me fall in love with her writing.
b)It is on Mental Health – Bipolar Disorder.
c)Gives Insights on Bipolar Disorder.
d)Story set in Kerala, Bombay, and Bangalore.
e)Ankita studying MBA course.
f)The Characterisation will steal your heart.
g)Kudos to the author for taking efforts on writing about mental health, which is well researched and providing awareness in the readers which is still a taboo in the society.
h)It is a story of coura
Kashmeera Sambamurthy
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
What if our mind dictated us, “Just tightly seal the plastic cover around your head. You will be freed of the fearful titillations, humans experience!” What would our reaction be to this? Would you follow the lead as per our brain dictated us, or would you pause and analyze over what the brain is trying to convince you? If storing every memory in our brain is a Programme that has been designed by the Universe, isn’t the mechanism to make it steer it in any chosen direction, present in our hands? ...more
Surekha Prabhu
Neetu Thakur
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this book a while ago and felt like I should review it now.

I was waiting since a long time to read a sequel to 'life is what you make it" as that book really connected with me. This one too was touching and effective.. Though not as much as the previous one. This one though focussed on the importance of having kind hearted and open minded people around you who listen, support and encourage you come what may. Sometimes you don't find that kind of unconditional positive support in your pare
Lasya Pindi
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The novel, "Wake up, Life is Calling", the continuation novel of "Life is What You Make It", by Preeti Shenoy, is a very inspirational one. Everyone has their own perspectives. Some may think "This is impulsive, destructive or more than anything, it helps the reader get a reason to be depressed as this book has an aura of depression throughout it". But to me, it is far away from that. It helps us find a way to embrace ourselves.

Coming to the story, it felt so boring initially, as if this is the
Ronak
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wake up life is calling***RECOMMENDED***
I felt free
I felt light
I felt wonderful
I felt alive
Life was calling and I was awake.
Well I'm pretty confused where should I start I finished this boom in morning 4 am and now I want to sleep but, my eyes filled with tears. Everyone have different types friends in life.
There are two types of friends one who enjoy with you and other one who helps to grow. You have first type of friends because of same interest. And second type of friends are hard to get
Harshita
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Love does not mean waiting for the phone call or waiting for them to appear. love is the quite knowledge that they aren't going anywhere and will always be there for you."
What if your mind is your greatest enemy?

What if you were living your worst nightmare?

How would you cope?

The protagonist, Ankita has fought a mental disorder, been through hell, and survived two suicide attempts. Now in Mumbai, surrounded by her loving and supportive parents, everything seems idyllic. She is not on medication
Anmol Rawat
May 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Somehow I did not like the book. It seemed a huge drag and too much repetition of what we have already read in Life is What You Make It. There was no real plot and the characters were drawn poorly. Read My Detailed Review at - https://www.anmolrawat.com/wake-up-life-is-calling-book-review/ ...more
Anjly
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Renni Isaac
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nobody can hurt you without your permission
Heta Shukla
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let go, thatis the best way and the only way. It will hurt But then it will hurt a tiny bit lesser the next day, and a little lesser the day after that. Eventully it stops hurting. And we heal.- preeti shenoy ( wake up life is calling.💜
So i completed this book yesterday night, want it to share my views in morning but this book made me thinks a lot about me. So the best part was ending of the book was so satisfying., nd fulfilled expectations.
new characters and story plot is amazing, books with
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Everyone Has A Story
  • The Girl in Room 105
  • Something I Never Told You
  • Roses Are Blood Red

Preeti Shenoy, among the top five highest selling authors in India, is also on the Forbes longlist of the most influential celebrities in India. She is the highest selling woman writer in India. Her work has been translated to many languages.

India Today has named her as being unique for being the only woman in the best-selling league. She has been awarded the ‘Indian of the Year’ award for 2017 b