Start by marking “Wake Up, Life Is Calling” as Want to Read:
Wake Up, Life Is Calling

Wake Up, Life Is Calling

Published April 1st 2019 by Srishti Publishers & Distributors

To ask other readers questions about Wake Up, Life Is Calling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wake Up, Life Is Calling

Vishnu Chevli
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I know I am giving 3 stars to the book and it is considered crime to rate preeti's book below 4. But some how first half of the book reminded me Veronika Decides to Die and I left that book at 50℅. This one I finished and second half started getting better.

Detailed review will follow shortly
Rakhi Jayashankar

Ankita was a patient of Bipolar Disorder. With the help of her parents and NIMH. Life is What You Make it ends there. What's left for the sequel? Well, mental health problem is like a shadow. Wherever you go, you will be scrutinised. Whatever you do will be judged as a disease. You won't be able to express your emotions in a fear that you will be misjudged as being sick again.

Ankita is out in the world. She wants to erase her past and start all over. But the return of her boyfriend and encounte
Kavita
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first thing about this book that caught my attention was it's title. A very positive and chill vibe . The cover is vibrant and beautiful. From the blurb I understood that this book had a prequel and I hadn't read it. So immediately got it on my kindle and read that so that I could enjoy the books together.
Having read the first one just before this gave me a good perspective of the story.
A very descriptive, honest narration of what the protagonist Ankita goes through. The narrative felt a b
Mansi
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
One of Preeti Shenoy's poorest writing. I am a big fan of her books and writing..I've even met her in person and conveyed this! But this book honestly did nothing for me; I've read the first book and it honestly gave me goosebumps..but this one cannot say the same! The writing felt lazy and poor..especially the first half describing her college life; I genuinely felt like I was reading a book for kids; small sentences and boring scenes. The second half picked up but it got so dramatic after that ...more
Mehak Asif
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is the story of Ankita, a young girl who had suffered from a major mental illness and came back from a mental hospital. She is trying everything to regain normalcy in her life. She is in a college she loves, studying Creative writing, where she makes new friends as well, who do not know anything about her past. She is busy and happy in her new life. But, this happiness doesn't last long as her past resurfaces, and his ex-boyfriend comes back to her life, to regain her trust. And just when she ...more
Aryan Sarath
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A simple story but with a powerful message. I have read all the books of the author so far. All I can say is this - Preeti is real good when it comes to narration. It is no wonder that she is one of the Top 5 Authors in India when it comes to book sales. She is certainly a "Master Storyteller" who has shown variations in each and every book of hers that was published so far.

The book will send positive vibes to those who has/had the tendency of committing suicide and must be real by all since thi
Animesh Das (Booksandbeard)
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Story is set in the year 1993 and it has been meticulously followed and beautifully portrayed by the author through the dressing style, songs and mention of the events like 'the coming of Darzi and copying Juhi Chawla's dress in "Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman". The beauty of Bombay has been shown through the vivid description of Churchgate Khau Galli, The Gateway of India,Wellington Fountain, Flora Fountain etc.

We also find a contrast between the mentality of the two best friends of Ankita.On one
Amulya Pokala
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of late mental health is on the stands and with a book that has the protagonist dealing with a mental disorder helps in understanding to a certain extent what it is to go through a mental illness. It helps in being empathetic to others.
I reveled the book, especially the Life's little lessons that Ankitha keeps writing in the book, Mrs Hayden and last but not the least the way the author has named each and every chapter on the name of a song :) The part of Mrs Hayden was written so diligently th
Milauni
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Setting Yourself Free From the Prison of Your Mind

'Wake Up, Life is Calling" is an apt ode to the greatest struggles- we face. The one we fight with ourselves. A beautiful sequel to the protagonist Ankita's life depicted in "Life is What You Make It, this book starts exactly from where the last one ended. With new characters, interesting plots, subplots and charming old characters, Ankita's journey will make you wake up and smell the coffee.

Preeti Shenoy, an acclaimed wizard at her craft, leave
Amritha Prem
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Life is what you make it. A novel by Preeti Shenoy - this book changed my life forever- it made me realise my purpose, my calling and she is such a wonder woman and my inspiration and will remain my all time favourite author:) Her words connect to us and her thoughts are enriching! When Preeti Shenoy announced about the sequel I was so much exicted and the sequel had it all! Mental health a topic which we still consider a taboo is briefly broken into pieces and constructed in 33 chapters! Ankita ...more
Shazia Noor
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I would grab life and I would LIVE it."
-Preeti Shenoy

Wake up life is calling is a sequel to Life is what you make it.
This book continues with Ankita's life after mental hospital, dropping out of her MBA and surviving two suicide attempts.
She joins a new course(Creative writing) which she wanted to do.
Surrounded by her lovely parents and joining a course she loves.
At last everything seems to be normal after joining the course but not for too long.
Life loves to give you trouble.
She founds a book
Simran Sardana
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you guys have read other reviews of mine, then you all must be already knowing that Preeti shenoy is my favourite author.
Now talking about this book.

Blurb: Ankita has fought a mental disorder, been through hell, and survived two suicide attempts. Now in Mumbai, surrounded by her loving and supportive parents, everything seems idyllic. She is not on medication. She is in a college she loves, studying her dream subject: Creative Writing. At last leading a ‘normal life’, she immerses herself in
Disha Ray
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
The story revolves around Ankita, who is a patient of Bipolar Disorder. After facing the hell and defeating her mania with hope and determination, she's back to her normal life.
Now in Mumbai, she starts her new life. She joins her favourite course, creative writing and starts going to college again. Everything was almost normal until that day when she accidentally discovers a book in her college library. The Book which challenges her sanity and reminds her of the dark past.
REVIEW -
🌸The writ
Anu
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Life is what you make it

a) My first book by the author which made me fall in love with her writing.
b)It is on Mental Health – Bipolar Disorder.
c)Gives Insights on Bipolar Disorder.
d)Story set in Kerala, Bombay, and Bangalore.
e)Ankita studying MBA course.
f)The Characterisation will steal your heart.
g)Kudos to the author for taking efforts on writing about mental health, which is well researched and providing awareness in the readers which is still a taboo in the society.
h)It is a story of coura
Surekha Prabhu
Kashmeera Sambamurthy
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
What if our mind dictated us, “Just tightly seal the plastic cover around your head. You will be freed of the fearful titillations, humans experience!” What would our reaction be to this? Would you follow the lead as per our brain dictated us, or would you pause and analyze over what the brain is trying to convince you? If storing every memory in our brain is a Programme that has been designed by the Universe, isn’t the mechanism to make it steer it in any chosen direction, present in our hands? ...more
Ronak Shah
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wake up life is calling***RECOMMENDED***
I felt free
I felt light
I felt wonderful
I felt alive
Life was calling and I was awake.
Well I'm pretty confused where should I start I finished this boom in morning 4 am and now I want to sleep but, my eyes filled with tears. Everyone have different types friends in life.
There are two types of friends one who enjoy with you and other one who helps to grow. You have first type of friends because of same interest. And second type of friends are hard to get
Harshita
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Love does not mean waiting for the phone call or waiting for them to appear. love is the quite knowledge that they aren't going anywhere and will always be there for you."
What if your mind is your greatest enemy?

What if you were living your worst nightmare?

How would you cope?

The protagonist, Ankita has fought a mental disorder, been through hell, and survived two suicide attempts. Now in Mumbai, surrounded by her loving and supportive parents, everything seems idyllic. She is not on medication
Heta Shukla
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let go, thatis the best way and the only way. It will hurt But then it will hurt a tiny bit lesser the next day, and a little lesser the day after that. Eventully it stops hurting. And we heal.- preeti shenoy ( wake up life is calling.💜
So i completed this book yesterday night, want it to share my views in morning but this book made me thinks a lot about me. So the best part was ending of the book was so satisfying., nd fulfilled expectations.
new characters and story plot is amazing, books with
Bookish Mind
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finally finished reading #WakeUpLifeIsCalling by @preeti.shenoy yesterday and it's spectacular 😍
"Life is What you Make it" was the first book that i ever read. My sister had read it and absolutely loved it, after she was done reading it, she couldn't stop telling everyone the story of the book and recommending it to almost every friend of hers. So one sunday out of curiosity I picked it up. And I am so glad that i did.

That book got me into reading and Preeti Shenoy has been my favorite au
Vaidehi Sharma
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a story with insightful research and intriguing topics such as mental health, trust, family bonding and friends. The story is simple and yet appealing as it allows you to re-discover the small joys of life.
The narration is so relatable that I found a bit of ankita in myself as I flipped through the pages.

Mental disorders do not go easy on people in our country, getting through it once could be enough but in this sequel the disorders of Ankita come back rushing to her. It seems fate has deci
Siddhant
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Wake Up, Life is Calling is the sequel to Preeti’s earlier book Life is What You Make It. It picks up the storyline where the prequel ended and is the story of Ankita’s life after her ordeals and the long recovery stint at the NMHI.

The story is based in Mumbai, where Ankita has the life where she gets to pursue her dream course in a college she adores and is surrounded by friends and family. It is the story of how things that seem perfectly calm can have trouble brewing under the surface. Her pa
Ahdev
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
Well it's been a while I wrote reviews and for starters this book made me do it now! I will give my honest views.

I've always been a fan of Preethi's writing and I see her as one of India's sensible writers, and that itself is something!

So I've read the prequel of this book already when it came and the end part there shook everyone. She had ventured in to an different ball game there taking about mental health and was well appreciated for it, as she deserved!

When I started this book, from the be
Geeta Thakkar
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Preeti Shenoy is one of my all time favorite authors.If you don’t know how much I love her books you definitely need to check my instagram.Wake up Life is Calling is the sequel to Life is What you make it. One of the most beautiful book it ends with Ankita dropping out of the MBA course, and completing her treatment successfully at the mental hospital. She joined a new course – something she wanted to do, but never had the courage for. The epilogue of the book was 15 years later, I was so heartb ...more
Dhwani
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This is Ankita's story post her NHMI days. She starts a creative writing course at a college in Mumbai and makes new friends. A past boyfriend makes an entry in her life and she discovers a book on assisted suicide. What happens when she is humiliated in front of the entire college because of a person from her past? Her sickness seems to be resurfacing. What will she do? What will happen? Read the book to find out.

The title of the book is meaningful and so is the cover. The book has been divided
Mangelethe Menon
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Before you start reading this, go read "Life is What You Make of it" prequel to the events of this book. Trust me, it will be worth your time.

Ankita is back to normalcy or at least tries to, letting go off of her MBA dreams she joins a Creative Writing course as she finds peace in the words that help her connect to everything happening around her. She makes new friends but people from her past come around too and they bring all the anxiety, restlessness and insomnia. Will she fall again or will
Gurpreet Kaur
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
My rating : 4.5 stars

Wake Up, Life Is Calling by Preeti Shenoy is a fabulous book... Just want to say, this story taught me various things, be it to cherish or ignore in life.

Simple language, powerful wordings and interesting story. Liked the NOTES part of the book. They are so wonderfully written that I am going to remember them for a long long time.

This book is a sequel of 'Life Is What You Make It'. Although in the first book we came to know how Ankita's life took a perfect shape in the end.
Amit Mamgain
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a sequel to the book "Life is what you make it" and this book is published seven year after the first one.
The book is about Ankita, who has fought a mental disorder. She has been through hell and survived two suicide attempts.
Now, she is no more on medication and trying to live a normal life. She has got admission in a "creative writing" course, which she always wanted to pursue.
She is trying to give her life a new start and forget all the memories from the past. But life keeps rem
Aditi Gupta
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I still remember how while reading this book's prequel Life is what you make it last year, I had cried like a maniac all along. The story strangely enough depicted my own very much and I was overwhelmed to have read that beautiful piece of writing by Preety Shenoy.

I was so excited all along about this book to know about what happened in Ankita's life. The protagonist who fought back mental illness and decided to drop her MBA to pursue creative writing.

Wake Up, Life is Calling is every bit beaut
Prerna
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really left spellbounded after completing this beautiful masterpiece. The plot, the characters, the narration, all are well weaved in a form of simple yet engaging story!!

This is my 13th book of 2019 and I felt elated having read this book filled with positivity.

The author has done up the novel really well with meticulous research in an area of Bipolar Disorder. Mental Disorder is often considered as a taboo but it should be treated like any other disease one has. The protagonist, Ankita fe
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Preeti Shenoy, among the top five highest selling authors in India, is also on the Forbes longlist of the most influential celebrities in India. She is the highest selling woman writer in India. Her work has been translated to many languages.

India Today has named her as being unique for being the only woman in the best-selling league. She has been awarded the ‘Indian of the Year’ award for 2017 b