Start by marking “Hanged (Savage Men, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hanged (Savage Men, #5)

Hanged

(Savage Men #5)

Criminal. Outlaw. Murderer.

That’s only a few of the names people call me, and all of them are true.
I did the unforgivable. I killed a man in broad daylight.
I did it for her.
I paid my dues, did my time.
Now I’m out and I want her back, no matter the cost.
She hates me, but that won’t stop me from hunting after her.
I need her to be mine again.
And there’s a secret I have to tel
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 118 pages
Published October 9th 2018 by Clarissa Wild (first published October 7th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Hanged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hanged

Start your review of Hanged (Savage Men, #5)
Clarissa Wild
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Now Live!
Amazon: https://bit.ly/hangedamazon

Excerpt:

Lillian
After

It’s finally time.
I grab one of the dull pencils from the tray and a piece of paper from the stack and place it down in front of me. Biting my lip, I stare wistfully at the sheet, wondering what I should write. If I should even write anything.
There are so many things I want to say, so much I have to explain, but none of the words in my head will suffice. She’ll never understand. She’s too innocent to know the truth.
So I opt for
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

This book was OK. I kind of felt I was dropped into the middle of an ongoing story, and a pretty f@cking depressing one at that. However, it wasn't a bad book either. Just a little too short and underdeveloped to really connect with the characters or plot. In any case, as I said, it wasn't a bad book, and I am looking forward to reading a few more of the novellas in this series.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Rebecca Woodward
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Wow!! Ms. Wild delivers a quick wild story. The characters were doomed from the start. The interesting part was how the author didn’t deliver the whole story at once. She gave us a wait and keep reading to find the whole plot. When it happens I was left with “Wow” Love was sacrificed for these two in order to protect the main character. Great story
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
The Hanged Man Meaning:
Upright: Pause, surrender, letting go, new perspectives.
Reversed: Delays, resistance, stalling, indecision.
This is the card of ultimate surrender, of being suspended in time and of martyrdom and sacrifice to the greater good.

well well well.

a little bit unrealistic but fuck if I don't love it.
too fatuously dramatic but fuck if I don't like it.
Wild repeating things and fuck "I didin't like it".

both character were perfect. daisy the daughter were perfect. but Wild's pen lac
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This author sure knows how to grab her readers attention and hold it right through the story. Like previous books I’ve read by her I absolutely loved this story.

The story is told through two points of view- Lilian and Hanson. We also get the story through before, present and after.

When I finished reading this I sat and all I could think was wow. The storyline is so so good. The characters are brilliant. No matter what they’ve done I couldn’t help but like them.

How far would you go to save and
Renee
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Criminal. Outlaw. Murderer. That's only a few of the names people call me, and all of them are true. I did the unforgivable. I killed a man in broad daylight. I did it for her. I paid my dues, did my time. Now I'm out and I want her back, no matter the cost. She hates me, but that wont stop me from hunting after her. I need her to be mine again. And there's a secret I have to tell...But everything has
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jess ~
I've started this review about four times now because I'm not quite sure what to say. From the beginning, I was intrigued by this twisted story. We start in the "after" but it takes a while for all of the pieces to make sense. Once it is all clear the story is about over and now I feel...complete but also like I really wanted some more. There is not a lot of time to really get to know these characters but I was so interested in how we get back to the beginning I almost didn't mind.

Hanson
Jenny Prose
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Star Review

The Hanged Man is a novella story by Clarissa Wild and is a part of the Cards of Love series. This is a dark romance story that was intriguing as it is heartwrenching. While the story started out slowly for me, leaving me feeling confused at first like I stepped into a story halfway through.
I quickly became fascinated with the characters and was drawn into the story reading it in one sitting.
Great storyline, with intense characters, just need to get past the confusing beginning.
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This can’t be all, can it? I felt like Lillian and Hanson’s story had only just begun… and then it was over. And I was left hanging (whoops! Lol). And that after the ultimate WTF-way Ms. Wild began her story with... Seriously, that freaking beginning confused the motherlovin’ shit outta me – I mean, just read the blurb and then the first few pages and you will see what I’m getting at. After going back between prologue and blurb more than that one time, I finally accepted that I didn’t even have ...more
Kahea
***4 Stars***

Ok where do I begin??
Because this one was kind of a mindfuck in the very beginning because I read the blurb and as I read the prologue I was all WTF? Wait. Hold up.
Went back and read the blurb.
Started again and was still WTF? And decided to keep going because now my curiosity was peaked and I needed to know WTF was going on and in the end I felt like I ran a damn marathon and was happy when I got to the finish line, but wanted, NEEDED, more.

That’s what this short story did to me
I
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am so excited about this series of books by these authors. Clarissa came out with a bang of a story.

I will be honest at first I was confused about what was going on. But it didn't take long to figure out that this is a dark but humanely sweet story. This story is about what would you do for your child? Would you do anything to save the child you love with all your heart no matter what it did to you? And then would you do anything to save your family?

I loved this novella. In what is a shor
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still waiting on a bunch of the Cards of Love series from all those authors, not sure when all will be out ...but i find it a bit confusing as to how to know when they will be available ... i see that Clarissa was out and I did check it out. Love this style. definitely a wowza kind of read, written with a edge and one that will immediately pull ya in. Must read! ( ;
Julie
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Clarissa Wild, short, but still had plenty of thrills and suspense that kept satisfied. Lillian and Hanson had to make some very difficult choices in their lives and it was all for the love of their daughter. And what they will do for the sheer magnitude of their love will astound you. An astonishing read, I loved it!
Amanda Rowell
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, another amazing read by Clarissa Wild. I love anything she writes and this is no exception. Hanson and Lillian made some difficult choices for their daughter and it was done out of love. They put their love on hold and put their daughter first and this book touches your heart.
Lucii Dixon
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is short but to the point kind of story. It’s fast-paced and action packed. The first half of the book is quite vague but by the end of the book, everything has slotted into place. I like that in a book, though at the time I feel I was scratching my head trying to figure it out.

As always, Clarissa Wild’s writing style is on point and incredibly descriptive. You’ll definitely be drawn into this intense story.

Overall, it was a great read, a little vague in places but has a brilliant ending th
Jenny B
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a book this was!! While Clarissa piles in the steam (which she does very well ) the underlying story is just so dark and heart warming all at the same time. Hanson and Lillian are both such well written characters and I just wish this book were a little longer so I could become more of their story. How a story that is so short could pull at my heart strings in this way is mind blowing but part of the magic of Clarissa Wild.
Marnie
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do to save the one most precious to you? Would you hang?

Is there a line in the sand, or a legal area of grey that you would venture into, to ensure their safety, or to save their life? What about the sacrifice to your safety or your freedom?

For many, the issue is black and white, but for others that will not be so, and maybe there will even be readers out there who have already risked all to save that precious life, keeping that event their deepest and darkest secret to accompany
Romance Readers Retreat
What wouldn’t you do to protect your child? For Lilianna, it meant fleeing with her daughter when her husband does the unthinkable. For Hanson, it means committing murder. Hanson knows what the world thinks of him. He knows even his wife, who has always loved him is scared of the man she thinks he became. When he is finally released from prison, he seeks out his wife and child and is desperate to get his family back. Lilianna May be scared of him, but he did what he had to do to protect their da ...more
MJ Symmonds
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know you're getting a high caliber book when it's a Clarissa Wild book.

She can pull off a complete story in a short novella that some authors can't do in a full length book.

THM is told in dual POV and before, present & after timeline.

What would you do for your child? Hanson was put in that position and he did what he must. It tore him away from his family and now he will do what he must to reunite them and keep them together forever.

Lillian knows she should push him away, make him leave b
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Clarissa Wild is known to me for dark, dirty, and boundary pushing in a lot of ways but that's one of the things I love about her books and words... She is a master at captivation and a seasoned pro at making you feel from the first page to the very last word. And this book...no different at all.

The Hanged Man is a brand new prequel to a upcoming new series...and was a quick, suspenseful, enticing novella that had me racing through the pages as fast as I could because I needed all the an
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is dark, romance that leaves you feeling so strong out from the emotions you go through reading it.

Lillian and Hanson have a story that makes your heart hurt , your mind race and your body feeling like you have run a marathon.
He has killed for her and paid the price but now she doesn't want anything to do with him. She is trying to protect her family aka Daisy . Their love is so strong .
Ok that's it I don't want to give things away
Up All Night With Books
4 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

This is the first book that I have read in the House of Cards collection. The Hanged Man by Clarissa Wild is a fast paced short story. It jumps right into a situation that has already occurred and is literally off and running. There is a disclaimer that this story contains disturbing content that may be offensive to some and this is true. Although it does not get into it heavily or too deep, the situations are a big part of what h
Christine
I really don't like rating a book this low, but it just moved way too fast for me to get into. Yes, I understand it's a novella, but this one just jumped back and forth too quickly between the main characters. Not enough time developing the characters and storyline, and some of it didn't make any sense. Skimmed through most of it (finished in less than 45 minutes) and had it been a longer story, I can't say that I would have finished the book.
Paula D
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short intense story about what will you risk for your child? Hanson wow this man is so deep and dark but you fall head over heels in love with him. Lillian a strong woman that loves Daisy her daughter so much she will protect her from anyone even the man she loves. A great romance story that keeps you on the edge till the end. 5/5 stars
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
I am so torn with reviewing this book. I liked the story so much, it had suspense and it was completely intriguing but I felt like there wasn’t enough of the story explained, and it felt a little rushed.

I read it quite quickly, it only took about an hour. We are dropped right into the thick of things and I had a hard time figuring out what was going on. Once I did however, I really liked the storyline. This book could definitely make a good prequel if the author was to go on to write a full len
Alicia
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This addition to the fabulous Cards of Love series is a great contribution. It is a fast read but packs so much into it. Lillian and Hanson are brought to life and their story told with economy and finesse. The style is crisp and no nonsense, but wraps up a very emotional situation and tale with love and care.
Christina  Fender
This is the story of Hanson and Lillian and what you’re willing to do and sacrifice for your family.

There’s not much I can say about this one that won’t give anything away. Let’s just say when you think you’ve got it all figured out, you don’t.

In typical Clarissa Wild fashion she keeps you on your toes wanting to know more up until the very end. I absolutely adored this story.

Christina~ Book Haven Book Blog
R Y A N  ⚡️
4.5/5- How far would you go for a family member? Your child? What are your limits?

This is a great story, I loved it. I’m not going to explain it just read it. It’s free on Kindle Unlimited right now.

4.5 only because the story goes a little sideways and completely unbelievable in an otherwise pretty perfect story.
Danielle S.
The Hanged Man, Clarissa Wild’s contribution to Cards of Love series didn’t do it for me :|

A second chance romance of sorts. Hanson spent time in prison for murder and escaped to find his family again. His wife, Lillian hasn’t spoken to him or of him since he went away. But now that he’s back with all of the answers she’s desperately needed, she can’t turn him away.

I get this was a novella, but there were too many holes. Not enough development. I felt like the author just threw a bunch of word
Christina
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great novella from Clarissa Wild’s crazy, dark mind!! This one will make you think. Parental love. What would you do? What would you be willing to do? Or not?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• King
  • Cards of Love: Seven of Swords
  • Cards of Love: Nine of Swords
  • Cards of Love: Three of Swords
  • Beneath The Surface: A Dark Mafia Romance (Captive Hearts Book 2)
**NOTE FOR LIBRARIANS: please check with me before making any changes - I generally make all necessary changes and updates myself. :)**

--- I generally do NOT check my messages on Goodreads, so if you want to contact me, please do so on my website: https://www.clarissawild.com/contact --

Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author with ASD (Asperger's Syndrome), who was born and

Savage Men (5 books)
  • Caged (Savage Men, #1)
  • Locked (Savage Men, #2)
  • Chased (Savage Men, #3)
  • Branded (Savage Men, #4)