Start by marking “It's Not You It's Him” as Want to Read:
It's Not You It's Him

It's Not You It's Him

New Year’s Eve. The most overrated night of the year, right? I have to get through an evening of enforced fun, drink all the prosecco and talk about new beginnings. But I don’t want new beginnings. I want my old beginning back.

It’s been ten days, two hours and forty-three minutes since Tansy got dumped. Two heartbreaking weeks since Renzo, who made her weak at the knees
Published June 18th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about It's Not You It's Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Not You It's Him

Start your review of It's Not You It's Him
Berit☀️✨
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun lighthearted story full of friendship, fashion, and angst. I am so grateful we did not have texting when I was young and dating, I would’ve been the queen of drunk texting. I remember many a night looking for a quarter so I could make a phone call and say ridiculous things in my drunken state to some stupid guy, imagine if all i had to do was pick up my cell phone? Yikes! So Tansy, I get it girl! However it doesn’t make it any less pathetic, LOL! Tansy is heartbroken because she i ...more
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I’ve read by Sophie Ranald and she has cemented herself as one of my favorite romance and chick lit authors that I’ve read! Her characters pull me right in and I can’t put them down until I know how it will all turn out!

About the Book

Tansy got dumped. Recently. It has been just under two weeks since Tansy opened up to her boyfriend Renzo and shared a shameful part of her past with him. And just under two weeks since his fury led him to dump her on the spot, just before th
Yna the Mood Reader
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
"But what if I could take that determination, that willingness to pursue happiness, whatever it took, and use it in a way that really would make me happy?"
📖 Buy This Book: Barnes and Noble Kobo Amazon 📖

Much thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for this complimentary copy. This review is voluntary and opinions are fully my own.

📚 Series: Kinda. MC appeared in the author's other novel, Sorry Not Sorry.
📚 Genre: Women's.Fiction
📚 POV: First.
📚 Cliffhanger: No.

⚠ Content Warni
Lisa Leone-campbell
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoyed Ranald's last book, Sorry Not Sorry, you will truly enjoy her new one, It's Not You It's Him.

Ranald has brilliantly taken one of her characters, Tansy, and created a moving story of love, loss, lack of self-confidence and body image and tied it in a bow with humor and hysterical scenes.

Tansy has just broken up with "the love of her life" Renzo. Blaming herself for not being a better person, someone who would deserve his love and affection, she along with her roommate devise a sche
Obsidian
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, netgalley
Please note that I received this book via NetGally for free. This did not affect my rating or review.

This was hands down one of my favorite reads this year. I already read "Sorry Not Sorry" and was fretting about what would come next for Tansy. Ranald does such a great job of showing Tansy during her school years, present day, and in select moments during her relationship with her ex Renzo. Ranald also does a good job of working in some sub-plots dealing with Tansy's family as well as her job an
Lisa Leone-campbell

Toya (the reading chemist)
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was my introduction to Sophie Ranald’s writing, which definitely did not disappoint. I will say that this story was tough to get into at first since the author takes the time to slowly set up the story, but once things get going, I couldn’t stop reading.

The story follows Tansy, who was recently dumped by her boyfriend Renzo after he found out that she used to do webcam work. Renzo was Tansy’s world, so rather than accept the fate that the relationship is over, Tansy instead decides that she
Wendy
Jan 26, 2021 rated it liked it
Lighthearted (but also wise) romance/chick lit about breakups.

This book is perfect for anyone who:
- has ever experienced a major heartbreak,
- has ever idealized a partner,
- is still looking for herself,
- wants to fall in love with relatable, well-developed characters.

This was an enjoyable story of Tansy - a tall, beautiful, blonde twenty-seven-year-old who works in fashion and... has just been broken up with for something she had done in her past. (view spoiler)
Chafic (Rello)
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley for this Advanced Readers Copy.

Normally, chick lit wouldn't be in my regular wheelhouse. I am, however, really surprised at how great It's Not You It's Him is.

I do have a soft spot for romcom's and Ranald definitely hits the entire RomCom bingo here.
Let's start with the premise - I admit, looking at it from a glance made me question just how the plot would play out. It didn't seem like a strong enough starting point.

It works well here because of the quirky cast of character
Marivi Sanz
First of all, thank you Bookuture and Netgalley for allowing me to read this ARC in exchange of my honest opinion.

Ten days after Tansy has been dumped by her boyfriend Renzo, she comes up with a plan to get him back.. Stalking him on facebook, making her best friend and housemate inform her about Renzo's schedule, trying her best to "accidentally" meet him, faking she has a new boyfriend to make Renzo jealous... nothing is too much for Tansy to get her rich and handsome boyfriend back.

The book i
Hannah
May 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
* 2,5 stars *

Thank you NetGalley for providing me a digital copy in return for an honest review, this hasn't altered my opinions in any way.

The book is a story about an insecure business woman trying to get back with her ex after an argument. Her plan involves making him jealous and finding out where he'll be to win him back, all this with the help of her roommate Adam and later with help of Josh her childhood friend.
It's a dramatic and modern tale of love and heartbreaks, which I enjoyed to an
Elizabeth Mellen
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Like Hot Dog Girl earlier this month, this was another fake dating, manipulative heroine, let down 😭 I thought the romance here made more sense how it came together, at least, but I found it so hard to root for anyone as both the heroine and the ex she wanted to win back we’re not great people. I had high hopes for this but hated the why of their breakup, that she tried to win him back despite him having a new girl, and that her fake BF wasn’t in on the plot 😩

I did like how the side plots wrappe
Mary S. R.
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
3 STARS! It was fun, with nice character developments and great focus on building up relationships. I specially loved Adam and Josh's. Adam 😍

RTC

I received an ARC through NetGalley for an honest review. Many thanks to the publisher, Bookouture!
Els
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love it when an author writes a book about a small group of friends and makes a series out of it by highlighting a different person in each one. You meet up with old ‘friends’ and in the meantime you get the opportunity to delve deeper in the live of one of them.

How cruel young people can be, but that’s no news. I guess everybody has been confronted with it or heard about it at least. When the victim has been hurt deeply enough, it will put a profound dent in your self-esteem and you will suff
Kay
This RomCom follows a London girl on a mission to get the ex back. Tansy is a fashion buyer for an online fashion store and she was recently dumped by her posh rich ex Renzo. She plots to get him back and in her mission has to determine whether she was meant to be with him after all.

I really enjoyed the characters in the story. The Roommate, the posh friends, the other girls in the office. I generally love stories set in London because I can feel the vibe of the city as I read. I know the street
Sammi
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
ROMCOM! This book is a decent romantic comedy. Definitely has all the right aspects.

Tansy’s personal life is kind of a mess, her work life is only slightly better. She’s stalking her ex, an old friend from school is her new housemate. I adored Josh and would have loved to have seen more of him in the story.

Whilst I enjoyed this books and Tansy’s exploits. It also frustrated me a bit. Her obsession to get back with her ex and her jealousy kind of overtook the story. I did love that the author t
Raya
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tansy just can't bring herself to accept that her 6-month long relationship with the man she thinks is the one for her is over. She decides to make it her mission to get Renzo back and enlists help from her housemate Adam to get updates on him, as both the guys work in the same place. Tansy not only has to deal with her heartbreak, but also her work as a fashion buyer for an online boutique, in addition to money problems what with sending money to help out her parents back home. She also takes o ...more
Jen
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What I really liked about this book was that Tansy was able to have a friendship with a male, Adam (and one of her housemates, at that!), that didn't have any secret agendas - they were friends. Plain and simple.

However, that's about all I liked about this book. There were quite a few different story lines. I felt like TOO many story lines. The story line with Tansy's dad was never resolved with Tansy, just with her mother, and even that felt like an afterthought. I also felt like Tansy seeing
Melindeeloo
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
It's Not You It's Him was a bit more angsty chicklit and much less the rom-com I was expecting from the blurb. The leading lady's life is really not going well and the stalker-y desperation in trying to win back her ex didn't really work for me. I also found the flashbacks to be odd, since there are jumps back to both her teen years and to the earlier days of her relationship with her ex. I did like the ending of the story though and I liked the 'cat'-ty love triangle;)

This is an unpaid review o
Rolé
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Adam and Tansy are back, Charlotte’s room mates from “Sorry not Sorry”, as well as Renzo, who is now Tansy’ ex. Charlotte and Xander just left on their honeymoon and that leaves a room open in the house. Josh, an old school friend of Tansy moves in, as a favour to his mother, who was a mentor for Tansy at the start of her career in fashion.

I liked the book, but I found this less engaging than “Sorry not Sorry”. Tansy is a very likable woman, she works for a mean boss, but she stays because she a
Sofia Blackthorn Of The Wild Hunt
ARC provided by Net Galley and the publishing house in exchange of an honest review.

The whole time I was reading It’s Not You It’s Him, I felt like I was watching a movie. Everything in this books was so well written and it entertained me so much, that I was seeing pictures and not words.

The book follows Tansy, a 26 year old British woman working in the fashion industry. We see
the good, the bad and the funny things her life offers her. We also get to meet her friends/colleagues:
Adam, her techno
Mari
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the premise of this, it sounded like a Sophie Kinsella or Helen Fielding kind of read. Tansy got dumped by her dream guy Renzo and she planned on getting him back. She went through all sorts of schemes and plots. This was funny enough but some parts dragged for me. Tansy had a tough school life and part of why she has her own hang ups. It continued on for her as she got older.

I wanted to see if her plans worked in getting back her ex only to realize that there were red flags she didn't r
Kärt
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lel Budge
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookouture
It’s Not You It’s Him is the story of Tansy…when Renzo told he loved her, Tansy felt the same but just had to tell him about her past….he dumped her there and then leaving her to rerun the scene over and over in her head.

Her flat mates are having a quiet evening to see in the New Year…..with lots of Prosecco flowing, she makes a New Years Resolution, she’s going to get Renzo back…….but after 26 texts (some drunken……we’ve all done it!!) and no response….she starts to make her plans…

She gets herse
Mikayla
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's Not You It's Him was described as a "rom com" and while it is many things-- including thoughtful, emotional, laugh-out-loud funny, and heartfelt-- it is NOT a rom com. Sophie has been fighting to get her ex-boyfriend, Renzo, back after he breaks up with her when he learns about something from her past. Try as she might, she can't seem to find a way to lure him back. In the mean time, she's dealing with the financial fallout of living above her means (the result of having gotten used to bein ...more
Meagan (Meagansbookclub)
Sep 16, 2019 marked it as unfinished
Kimcarlika
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading the book and see the character development! Loved the relationship decision she made and how she started to love herself.

Honestly thought that there were more funny scenes/ laugh-out-loud moments in the book... guess those Reviews Amazon uses to promote the book are a little misleading.... Or my sense of humor isn’t that easily triggered :)
Sarah Robbins
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this funny and sensitive novel. It reminded me a lot of a Sophie Kinsella novel or The Flatshare. If you enjoy those novels, you'd probably enjoy this one.

Trigger warnings: some coarse language, a few sexual scenes easy to skim over, emotional gaslighting, quite a bit of drinking/some drug use
Louise
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Despite being predictable the plot was incredibly feel-good and satisfying - you cannot help but fall in love with Tansy.
Nidhi Jolly
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for a lovely, heartwarming read. A chick lit but not quite a chick lit, sweet but not saccharinely so, made me smile all throughout
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The One Who's Not the One
  • Just As You Are
  • Lucy's Last Straw: A feel good, laugh out loud romantic comedy
  • Love You, Love You Not
  • Probably the Best Kiss in the World
  • Has Anyone Seen My Sex Life?
  • The First Date
  • The One That Got Away
  • The Spare Bedroom
  • You, Me, Forever
  • Truly, Madly, Like Me
  • Call Me, Maybe
  • The Accidental Life Swap: The perfect laugh out loud romantic comedy for fans of Sophie Kinsella and Lindsey Kelk!
  • As Luck Would Have It
  • The Spark
  • #No Filter
  • The Plus One Pact
  • Love to Hate You
Sophie Ranald is the youngest of five sisters. She was born in Zimbabwe and lived in South Africa until an acute case of itchy feet brought her to London in her mid-20s.

As an editor for a customer publishing agency, Sophie developed her fiction-writing skills describing holidays to places she’d never visited. In 2011, she decided to disregard all the good advice given to aspiring novelists and at

News & Interviews

“Three weeks passed, and I didn’t hear from Chelsea again. To be honest, I hadn’t expected to. Felicity’s Instagram feed continued to be populated with images of her in fabulous clubs and restaurants, wearing fabulous clothes, only now she was accompanied less often by Pru – whose own feed informed me that things with Phillip from Toffee were hotting up – and more often by Renzo. Although she hardly ever showed his face in her pictures, there were glimpses of his flat, his car, the back of his head. Each image was like a punch in the stomach, but I couldn’t help looking at them, torturing myself with the knowledge that, if only I’d done things differently, it could have been me with him still. If I hadn’t resorted to webcam work. If I hadn’t told him about it. If I’d been a better girlfriend to him, so that when I told him, he didn’t mind. If I’d had a chance to see him just one more time, and maybe… Round and round the thoughts went in my head, all those pointless, painful ifs” 1 likes
“Is there anything more depressing than a rainy Saturday when you’ve got no one to snuggle up and watch Netflix with, no one to go for brunch with, no one to have lazy afternoon sex with?” 0 likes