Start by marking “It's Not You It's Him” as Want to Read:
It's Not You It's Him

It's Not You It's Him

New Year’s Eve. The most overrated night of the year, right? I have to get through an evening of enforced fun, drink all the prosecco and talk about new beginnings. But I don’t want new beginnings. I want my old beginning back.

It’s been ten days, two hours and forty-three minutes since Tansy got dumped. Two heartbreaking weeks since Renzo, who made her weak at the knees
Published June 18th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about It's Not You It's Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Not You It's Him

Start your review of It's Not You It's Him
Berit☀️✨
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, blog-tour, arc
This was a fun lighthearted story full of friendship, fashion, and angst. I am so grateful we did not have texting when I was young and dating, I would’ve been the queen of drunk texting. I remember many a night looking for a quarter so I could make a phone call and say ridiculous things in my drunken state to some stupid guy, imagine if all i had to do was pick up my cell phone? Yikes! So Tansy, I get it girl! However it doesn’t make it any less pathetic, LOL! Tansy is heartbroken because she ...more
Yna the Mood Reader
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
"But what if I could take that determination, that willingness to pursue happiness, whatever it took, and use it in a way that really would make me happy?"
Buy This Book: Barnes and Noble Kobo Amazon

Much thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for this complimentary copy. This review is voluntary and opinions are fully my own.

Series: Kinda. MC appeared in the author's other novel, Sorry Not Sorry.
Genre: Women's.Fiction
POV: First.
Cliffhanger: No.

Content Warnings: Body image
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I’ve read by Sophie Ranald and she has cemented herself as one of my favorite romance and chick lit authors that I’ve read! Her characters pull me right in and I can’t put them down until I know how it will all turn out!

About the Book

Tansy got dumped. Recently. It has been just under two weeks since Tansy opened up to her boyfriend Renzo and shared a shameful part of her past with him. And just under two weeks since his fury led him to dump her on the spot, just before
Lisa Leone-campbell
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoyed Ranald's last book, Sorry Not Sorry, you will truly enjoy her new one, It's Not You It's Him.

Ranald has brilliantly taken one of her characters, Tansy, and created a moving story of love, loss, lack of self-confidence and body image and tied it in a bow with humor and hysterical scenes.

Tansy has just broken up with "the love of her life" Renzo. Blaming herself for not being a better person, someone who would deserve his love and affection, she along with her roommate devise a
Obsidian
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, favorites
Please note that I received this book via NetGally for free. This did not affect my rating or review.

This was hands down one of my favorite reads this year. I already read "Sorry Not Sorry" and was fretting about what would come next for Tansy. Ranald does such a great job of showing Tansy during her school years, present day, and in select moments during her relationship with her ex Renzo. Ranald also does a good job of working in some sub-plots dealing with Tansy's family as well as her job
Lisa Leone-campbell

Toya
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was my introduction to Sophie Ranald’s writing, which definitely did not disappoint. I will say that this story was tough to get into at first since the author takes the time to slowly set up the story, but once things get going, I couldn’t stop reading.

The story follows Tansy, who was recently dumped by her boyfriend Renzo after he found out that she used to do webcam work. Renzo was Tansy’s world, so rather than accept the fate that the relationship is over, Tansy instead decides that she
Chafic (Rello)
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley for this Advanced Readers Copy.

Normally, chick lit wouldn't be in my regular wheelhouse. I am, however, really surprised at how great It's Not You It's Him is.

I do have a soft spot for romcom's and Ranald definitely hits the entire RomCom bingo here.
Let's start with the premise - I admit, looking at it from a glance made me question just how the plot would play out. It didn't seem like a strong enough starting point.

It works well here because of the quirky cast of
Marivi Sanz
First of all, thank you Bookuture and Netgalley for allowing me to read this ARC in exchange of my honest opinion.

Ten days after Tansy has been dumped by her boyfriend Renzo, she comes up with a plan to get him back.. Stalking him on facebook, making her best friend and housemate inform her about Renzo's schedule, trying her best to "accidentally" meet him, faking she has a new boyfriend to make Renzo jealous... nothing is too much for Tansy to get her rich and handsome boyfriend back.

The book
Hannah
May 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
* 2,5 stars *

Thank you NetGalley for providing me a digital copy in return for an honest review, this hasn't altered my opinions in any way.

The book is a story about an insecure business woman trying to get back with her ex after an argument. Her plan involves making him jealous and finding out where he'll be to win him back, all this with the help of her roommate Adam and later with help of Josh her childhood friend.
It's a dramatic and modern tale of love and heartbreaks, which I enjoyed to an
Mary S. R.
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
3 STARS! It was fun, with nice character developments and great focus on building up relationships. I specially loved Adam and Josh's. Adam

RTC

I received an ARC through NetGalley for an honest review. Many thanks to the publisher, Bookouture!
Pooja (Penningtales)
Please note: I received an advance digital copy of this book through NetGalley from Bookouture in exchange for a honest review. This does not influence my opinions in any way.

When Tansy’s boyfriend Renzo tells her he loves her and subsequently dumps her on the same day, Tansy is determined to win him back. In fact, it’s her only New Year’s Resolution. So how does she go about achieving this goal? By enlisting her roommate slash friend’s help tracking Renzo’s movements, of course. And once she‘s
Els
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love it when an author writes a book about a small group of friends and makes a series out of it by highlighting a different person in each one. You meet up with old ‘friends’ and in the meantime you get the opportunity to delve deeper in the live of one of them.

How cruel young people can be, but that’s no news. I guess everybody has been confronted with it or heard about it at least. When the victim has been hurt deeply enough, it will put a profound dent in your self-esteem and you will
Krystal
This RomCom follows a London girl on a mission to get the ex back. Tansy is a fashion buyer for an online fashion store and she was recently dumped by her posh rich ex Renzo. She plots to get him back and in her mission has to determine whether she was meant to be with him after all.

I really enjoyed the characters in the story. The Roommate, the posh friends, the other girls in the office. I generally love stories set in London because I can feel the vibe of the city as I read. I know the
Sammi
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: twenty-nineteen
ROMCOM! This book is a decent romantic comedy. Definitely has all the right aspects.

Tansy’s personal life is kind of a mess, her work life is only slightly better. She’s stalking her ex, an old friend from school is her new housemate. I adored Josh and would have loved to have seen more of him in the story.

Whilst I enjoyed this books and Tansy’s exploits. It also frustrated me a bit. Her obsession to get back with her ex and her jealousy kind of overtook the story. I did love that the author
Elizabeth Mellen
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Like Hot Dog Girl earlier this month, this was another fake dating, manipulative heroine, let down I thought the romance here made more sense how it came together, at least, but I found it so hard to root for anyone as both the heroine and the ex she wanted to win back we’re not great people. I had high hopes for this but hated the why of their breakup, that she tried to win him back despite him having a new girl, and that her fake BF wasn’t in on the plot

I did like how the side plots wrapped
Towrin
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tansy just can't bring herself to accept that her 6-month long relationship with the man she thinks is the one for her is over. She decides to make it her mission to get Renzo back and enlists help from her housemate Adam to get updates on him, as both the guys work in the same place. Tansy not only has to deal with her heartbreak, but also her work as a fashion buyer for an online boutique, in addition to money problems what with sending money to help out her parents back home. She also takes ...more
Rolé
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Adam and Tansy are back, Charlotte’s room mates from “Sorry not Sorry”, as well as Renzo, who is now Tansy’ ex. Charlotte and Xander just left on their honeymoon and that leaves a room open in the house. Josh, an old school friend of Tansy moves in, as a favour to his mother, who was a mentor for Tansy at the start of her career in fashion.

I liked the book, but I found this less engaging than “Sorry not Sorry”. Tansy is a very likable woman, she works for a mean boss, but she stays because she
Sofia Blackthorn Of The Wild Hunt
ARC provided by Net Galley and the publishing house in exchange of an honest review.

The whole time I was reading It’s Not You It’s Him, I felt like I was watching a movie. Everything in this books was so well written and it entertained me so much, that I was seeing pictures and not words.

The book follows Tansy, a 26 year old British woman working in the fashion industry. We see
the good, the bad and the funny things her life offers her. We also get to meet her friends/colleagues:
Adam, her
Kärt
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mari
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the premise of this, it sounded like a Sophie Kinsella or Helen Fielding kind of read. Tansy got dumped by her dream guy Renzo and she planned on getting him back. She went through all sorts of schemes and plots. This was funny enough but some parts dragged for me. Tansy had a tough school life and part of why she has her own hang ups. It continued on for her as she got older.

I wanted to see if her plans worked in getting back her ex only to realize that there were red flags she didn't
Lel Budge
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookouture
It’s Not You It’s Him is the story of Tansy…when Renzo told he loved her, Tansy felt the same but just had to tell him about her past….he dumped her there and then leaving her to rerun the scene over and over in her head.

Her flat mates are having a quiet evening to see in the New Year…..with lots of Prosecco flowing, she makes a New Years Resolution, she’s going to get Renzo back…….but after 26 texts (some drunken……we’ve all done it!!) and no response….she starts to make her plans…

She gets
Mikayla
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's Not You It's Him was described as a "rom com" and while it is many things-- including thoughtful, emotional, laugh-out-loud funny, and heartfelt-- it is NOT a rom com. Sophie has been fighting to get her ex-boyfriend, Renzo, back after he breaks up with her when he learns about something from her past. Try as she might, she can't seem to find a way to lure him back. In the mean time, she's dealing with the financial fallout of living above her means (the result of having gotten used to ...more
Meagan (Meagansbookclub)
Sep 16, 2019 marked it as unfinished
Kimcarlika
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading the book and see the character development! Loved the relationship decision she made and how she started to love herself.

Honestly thought that there were more funny scenes/ laugh-out-loud moments in the book... guess those Reviews Amazon uses to promote the book are a little misleading.... Or my sense of humor isn’t that easily triggered :)
Sarah Robbins
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this funny and sensitive novel. It reminded me a lot of a Sophie Kinsella novel or The Flatshare. If you enjoy those novels, you'd probably enjoy this one.

Trigger warnings: some coarse language, a few sexual scenes easy to skim over, emotional gaslighting, quite a bit of drinking/some drug use
Melindeeloo
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
It's Not You It's Him was a bit more angsty chicklit and much less the rom-com I was expecting from the blurb. The leading lady's life is really not going well and the stalker-y desperation in trying to win back her ex didn't really work for me. I also found the flashbacks to be odd, since there are jumps back to both her teen years and to the earlier days of her relationship with her ex. I did like the ending of the story though and I liked the 'cat'-ty love triangle;)

This is an unpaid review
Emmie (Oncemorewithreading)
Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

It’s Not You It’s Him follows Tansy who was recently dumped by her boyfriend of six months Renzo. Tansy was head over heels in love with Renzo and when confessing a secret to him at a work event Renzo ended the relationship on the spot. Since then Tansy has drunk texted him, scrolled through old photos and has decided to commence Operation Get Renzo Back.

With the help of a new
Sharon
Tansy has been dumped by her boyfriend, Renzo. Realising she’s not going to give him up without a fight, she proceeds to stalk him to try and win him back! Enlisting the help of her house mate, Tansy concocts a plan, but then has a much better idea when childhood friend, Josh comes to stay. Will Renzo become the green eyed monster like Tansy has planned!

This was the first book which I’ve read by this author and it looked just like the kind of book that would appeal to me! The story started off
Laura Doherty
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I have to admit that it took me a while to warm to Tansy the protagonist of It’s Not You It’s Him. I found her shallow, a little vain and lacking substance. For the first third of the book I really didn’t give a damn as to whether she won Renzo back or not. Even worse was the fact that Renzo sounded like such a complete tosser I was judging her pretty harshly for even wanting to.

The thing is though that Tansy is so real you can’t help but to like her. She is that one shallow friend we all have
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Bad Mothers' Book Club
  • Dumped, Actually
  • Four Christmases and a Secret
  • What Happens Now?
  • The Event (The Creek Water Series, #1)
  • Are We Nearly There Yet?
  • Will You
  • Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • Only When It's Love
  • Where There's a Will
  • The Invitation
  • You, Me, Forever: The glorious brand-new rom-com, guaranteed to make you laugh and cry
Sophie Ranald is the youngest of five sisters. She was born in Zimbabwe and lived in South Africa until an acute case of itchy feet brought her to London in her mid-20s.

As an editor for a customer publishing agency, Sophie developed her fiction-writing skills describing holidays to places she’d never visited. In 2011, she decided to disregard all the good advice given to aspiring novelists and
“Three weeks passed, and I didn’t hear from Chelsea again. To be honest, I hadn’t expected to. Felicity’s Instagram feed continued to be populated with images of her in fabulous clubs and restaurants, wearing fabulous clothes, only now she was accompanied less often by Pru – whose own feed informed me that things with Phillip from Toffee were hotting up – and more often by Renzo. Although she hardly ever showed his face in her pictures, there were glimpses of his flat, his car, the back of his head. Each image was like a punch in the stomach, but I couldn’t help looking at them, torturing myself with the knowledge that, if only I’d done things differently, it could have been me with him still. If I hadn’t resorted to webcam work. If I hadn’t told him about it. If I’d been a better girlfriend to him, so that when I told him, he didn’t mind. If I’d had a chance to see him just one more time, and maybe… Round and round the thoughts went in my head, all those pointless, painful ifs” 1 likes
“Realising what my body was capable of – that it could do stuff, rather than just look a certain way – was so thrilling” 0 likes