Start by marking “Ten Hours (Ten Hours, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ten Hours (Ten Hours, #1)

Ten Hours

(Ten Hours #1)

Ten hours…
That’s how much time we spent together.
How much time I got with the man whose bright eyes and sultry smile almost made me forget that I was sick.

Six hundred minutes…
That’s how long it took me to fall in love.

Thirty-six thousand seconds...
And then it was over. And all I wanted was more.
More seconds.
More minutes.
More hours.
More him.

Such a small, insignifi
Published May 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ten Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Hours

Start your review of Ten Hours (Ten Hours, #1)
Dora Koutsoukou
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ❤️💔💔❤️🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️

“We go through life thinking the worst only happens to other people. Until one day - you are that person.” Finley

Finley’s thoughts hold so much truth...

This story wasn’t an easy read. It was very emotional, full of meaning and hope, surrounding me with the greatness of love.
Abel and Finley were soulmates, experiencing a powerful love story that wrecked me and brought tears to my eyes.
Finley an absolute sweetheart that life dealt her more than one bad hand.
Abel, who always knew
Coco.V
Oct 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (3/20/2020)! 🎁 ...more
Michelle
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favorites
F.U.C.K.!!! That is all I can think of is that 4 letter word. That is the only thing to wrap up my feelings for this amazing book.

5 stars doesn't even touch this one. Book Hangover doesn't touch it. Moved beyond tears. Heart beating outside my chest or just flopping on the ground? I don't know. I feel gutted and yet so sated at the same time.

I couldn't put this down. Only twice in the middle of the night when reading did my Kindle smack me in the head and I realized I needed sleep did I stop.
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5 "Life-Changing Hours" Stars ⭐️
Ten Hours is an ugly cry read that affected me so much! This book needs to be felt and can’t really be explained. Yes, the romance is absolutely gorgeous, but the primary subject of this story is tragic and brings an overall poignant atmosphere. You’ll need a box of tissue to get over this brilliant, highly emotional novel!

"You are my perfect song. I'll play you over and over again until my fingers bleed. Because you are the only thing in this world
Anne OK
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to take a few days to get myself together after this heartbreaking story. It was a little too real to jump into a review immediately. Even so, I was amazed and drawn to every word written by Melissa Toppen, a new-to-me-author -- but whose backlist I will be checking out immediately.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-Jenna, 5 stars

I don't even know what I can say about this story. I can't give away too much but I will tell you that this is a love story through and through! I really enjoyed the story line and the characters were absolutely fantastic. It's extremely emotional and you will feel every emotion from these characters. It gave me chills, literal chills! If you don't read this book, you're totally missing out on a terrific story!!!
Stacie Christensen
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ten hours…
That’s how much time we spent together.

Six hundred minutes…
That’s how long it took me to fall in love.

Thirty-six thousand seconds...
And then it was over. And all I wanted was more.
More seconds.
More minutes.
More hours.
More him.

Ten hours…
Such a small, insignificant amount of time.
Yet those ten hours changed everything.

Holy cow! What an amazing read! This story was flawlessly written
Angel
Ten Hours

SO MUCH BEAUTY WITHIN THESE PAGES! OH MY HEART!

A tragically beautiful story about love and loss. An unconditional love that will last forever.

Finley and Abel found each other at the perfect moment. But to finally have everything you want to only lose it, is where you begin to think will it all be worth it in the end?

“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die tomorrow.”

Their love is untouchable, their strength is unimaginable. It’s raw and real. It’s an agonizing realizati
Maree Repa
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

More Time

I was just absolutely thrilled to read this book. A completely creatively wonderful tale. A tragical beautiful story about love and loss. It was one I simply could not put down once!

When Finley Roberts, the young scared girl was told by her specialist that she is now is not just sick, but suffering from a malignant brain tumor. What does that even mean? Am I going to die? This is happening way to fast. Now just thinking this is all my life has led up to. Parents didn
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
There aren't enough words to express my feelings on this book.

I didn't read the blurb. Why? Because I love everything Melissa Toppen writes. I wasn't prepared for this book. My emotions were off the charts. I will tell you, I don't cry with books. Maybe a few tears, but this one got me. I mean it really got me.

There isn't much I can say about this book without giving anything away.

Finley or Just Finley had been informed of some devastating news. News that would change her life. She just wasn't
Roxs Reads
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love is not measured in how long you spend together but in how your souls talk to each other. When soulmates meet, they know it.

Ten Hours -- a lot can be accomplished in ten hours and it is possible to fall so deeply in love in that time that your world gets tipped on an axis that has your head spinning.

I love books, I love reading, but every once in awhile you come across a book that affects you in a profound way. Ten Hours by Melissa Toppen is one of those books. It's a 5-star read that w
Andrea Britton
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure how to even write a review for this HEARTBREAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL book. For one, I can’t see past the tears in my eyes.

Melissa has written a story that will stick with you long after you’ve finished the last page. So many emotions, so many tears, so many whys and so much love. Gahhhh....I can’t even find the words for how amazing this book was.

I’m not going into much detail because EVERY SINGLE person needs this book in their life. Grab your box of tissues and let these words carry th
Toniann
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ten hours. That’s all it took for me to read this book. Ten hours to fall in love with characters that will definitely stay with me for quite some time. Finley is 19 years old and has been diagnosed with brain cancer. She had such a rough life at just 19 that it’s sad to know she’s sick. The same day she finds out she meets Abel. Abel is just sexy and so damn sweet you get pulled into him so fast. They spend the next 10 hours together and it’s just magical. He doesn’t know she’s sick but it woul ...more
Danielle S.
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The blurb doesn’t give much of this story away. I was wholly unprepared for the ugly cry that ensued. I’m struggling to write this review because I don’t want to give too many hints at the plot. I just want everyone to go in with an open heart and a box of Kleenex, because you’ll need both.

Finely & Abel meet and the connection is instant. Undeniably perfect and amazingly beautiful. The ride they take you on will never leave you. The love they feel is so pure. My heart is aching, I just loved th
Jenny B
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible love story. Finley’s background is a tough one and when her world is turned on its axis she meets Abel. The love these two share is an incredibly tragic but beautiful story that has left me in tears. Melissa Toppen did a phenomenal job in writing these characters and all they are going through to bring the reader right there in the moment
Mary
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An accidental meeting brought Abel and Finley together. Ten hours was all they had. In those ten hours, Finley and Abel shared an amazing time together and fall in love. Ten Hours is an incredible, sweet and emotional story. Their chemistry together is beyond great. The first page grabbed me and I couldn’t put it down until the end. Be sure to have plenty of tissues on hand.

Review copy was received for a honest opinion.
Mary S.
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man this story almost kill me with all the crying I went through reading Abel and Finley I spend the whole night up until the very end. This story was beautiful writing and the pain, the happiness Abel and Finley went through was a rollercoaster of emotions that I couldn't find my way out off. And that ending I hope there would be more of Abel I would love to see what will become of him because for me a story can't end that way so I hope we do get more I need him to find happiness.
Crystal Wilke
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written story. Ten Hours is a tear jerker. You'll need a box or twenty of tissues. I was captivated from the beginning till the end. Abel and Finley's story is an emotional journey. It was worth every second reading. I hope Abel will get a book after Ten Hours.
Brandy
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully tragic. Such a beautiful story! I loved it! I loved and adored Abel! I couldn't put it down! I can't wait for the sequel, for Abel to get his HEA!
Waning: Have tissues handy!
Cherie Maggi
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is amazing! One you start and can't put down. Have your Kleenex ready. I laughed, I cried, and I did not want this story to end. This is a 5+ star don't miss read!
Sarah Scholz
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I write this review, I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes. 😭 This is such a beautiful, heartbreaking love story. It was so beautiful to witness the love, that Finley & Abel had for each other, blossom before my eyes. 💜 My heart broke from all that Finley had to endure, before she found her sister, Claire & in turn, Abel. She met him at just the right time. It was kismet. It was amazing to see how quickly they recognized a kindred spirit in the other. I also loved seeing their love grow dee ...more
Erika's Book Blog
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ugly-cry
"Abel is my new favorite song. The track I will play on repeat in my memories for the rest of the time I have left on this earth and maybe even after."

I can probably count on one hand the books I've read (out of probably almost a thousand at this point) that have made me ugly cry. I mean, snuffling, face swollen, my family thinking they need to call 911 ugly cry, and this one did it. Surrounded by piles of tissues, I inhaled the beautiful, gorgeously romantic, yet tragic story of Abel and Finley
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
Elise Larson
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: TISSUES REQUIRED to get through this story! Five sobbing but smiling stars!

You'll read this book in far less than ten hours, because you won't put it down! But fair warning: If you like Happily Ever After endings, you won't find one here. You will find a compelling, gut-wrenching story that will shred your emotions and leave you in tears. Guaranteed.

Facing risky surgery for a malignant brain tumor, Finley goes to a Chicago bar and meets Abel, a gorgeous musician. When an immediate and p
Lavender
5 STARS

The deck was stacked against Finley Roberts from the beginning. A drug addicted mother and a sperm donor for a father, Finley had her own back.

Jumping from foster home to foster home, she was her own parent. Finley learned to live five feet from the edge with her nose between the pages of a book—all things safe and familiar.

The deck of life shuffles again, Finley finds herself on the wrong side of the table. Dealer has the odds, and there's only one more play to make...and there's ever
JoAnna G
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A 5 Star, Amazing, Gripping, Heartfelt, Beautiful Love Story

Melissa Toppen outdid herself. This book. I can't describe the feeling adequately. It is written so eloquently and captivated me from the very beginning. It was so devastatingly good. I will do my best but it will be hard. This book is my top 2 read EVER. Not just this year. I couldn't put the book down. I read it in one go and I just felt so much. I read this and had to come back and review. It had a lingering effect on me. I was just
Sassy Southern
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finley Roberts just received the most devastating news she thought she could ever hear but as she is reeling from the news she happens to meet Abel Collins and for the next 10 hours she begins to
experience life in a way she never imagined she could.
Yet Finley must deal with what is ahead of her and that may be letting go of Abel as she has no idea
what the future holds. But what happens if Abel isn’t willing to let her go?
Can 10 hours change your whole life?
As I began reading this book I wondered
Missy Smith
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unlike anything I've ever felt about a book.

I have never had a book touch me all the way down to my soul as this book has. I've read hundreds, maybe thousands of books in my life and I read every single page from beginning to end in the course of-- Holy Crap. I'm not kidding in the slightest when I say I just realized it has taken me 10 hours to finish this book. Annnnd, cue more tears. I had no idea when I started this book at my daughter's naptime that I would be sucked in so deeply.

Finley. O
Shawn
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is heartbreaking with a beautiful love story. A very emotional read.
The story begins with Finley Roberts sitting in a Drs office and getting the news that her headaches & dizziness is being caused by a malignant brain tumor and surgery will only give her a 30% of survival. So with that news, she walks around in the city in daze. Until she sees a bar and decides to go in. But only drinks water because she’s under 21.
While sitting at the bar she meets Abel Collins a full time musician
Chelsia
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Dream as if You’ll live forever. Live as if You’ll die tomorrow.”

I am so excited that everyone finally gets to meet Finley & Abel.
I do not even know where to begin with this review, oh my heart. ❤️
Melissa Toppen has proven with this book why she is such an amazing author.
If I could give Ten hours 100 stars I would, this is one of those books that change everything.

What would You do if you got to spend just 10 simple hours with someone? 10 hours that have proven to mean everything. 10 hours that
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Malicious
  • Treacherous
  • Impact
  • Where Forever Ends (Maplewood Falls, #1)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • The Man I Need (Ward Duet, #2)
  • Unexpected Love (A Moment in Time)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Tell Me To Stay
  • Key to Hell (Hell Night, #4)
  • Judge of Hell (Hell Night, #3)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Stay with Me
  • Letting You Go (Stone Lake #1)
  • Wait For Me
  • When the Walls Come Down
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Just Love
Melissa Toppen is a USA Today Bestselling Author who specializes in New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.
Melissa resides in Cincinnati Ohio with her husband and two children, where she writes full time.

Connect

Ten Hours (2 books)
  • What Comes After (Ten Hours, #2)