Start by marking “Ten Hours” as Want to Read:

Ten hours…
That’s how much time we spent together.
How much time I got with the man whose bright eyes and sultry smile almost made me forget that I was sick.

Six hundred minutes…
That’s how long it took me to fall in love.

Thirty-six thousand seconds...
And then it was over. And all I wanted was more.
More seconds.
More minutes.
More hours.
More him.

Such a small, insignifi
Published May 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ten Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Hours

Dilek VT
May 19, 2019 marked it as nope
Shelves: no-hea, too-sad
(view spoiler)
Michelle
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favorites
F.U.C.K.!!! That is all I can think of is that 4 letter word. That is the only thing to wrap up my feelings for this amazing book.

5 stars doesn't even touch this one. Book Hangover doesn't touch it. Moved beyond tears. Heart beating outside my chest or just flopping on the ground? I don't know. I feel gutted and yet so sated at the same time.

I couldn't put this down. Only twice in the middle of the night when reading did my Kindle smack me in the head and I realized I needed sleep did I stop.
Book Maniac Forever

5 "Life-Changing Hours" Stars
Ten Hours is an ugly cry read that affected me so much! This book needs to be felt and can’t really be explained. Yes, the romance is absolutely gorgeous, but the primary subject of this story is tragic and brings an overall poignant atmosphere. You’ll need a box of tissue to get over this brilliant, highly emotional novel!

"You are my perfect song. I'll play you over and over again until my fingers bleed. Because you are the only thing in this world that I tr
Lynn
May 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
38 Chapters.
Finley & Abel’s points of view.
Finley is nineteen-years-old, and Abel is twenty-five-years-old.

description

At the start of the book, Finley is diagnosed with a brain tumor. She’s forced to decide on getting surgery, which has a possible chance of death. Or avoid the surgery which will end in death.

Following Finley’s diagnosis, she walks for hours and ends up at a bar where she meets Abel.

The two spend the night together, getting to know one each other, dancing, eating, drinking, and tal
Dora Koutsoukou
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ❤💔💔❤🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣

“We go through life thinking the worst only happens to other people. Until one day - you are that person.” Finley

Finley’s thoughts hold so much truth...

This story wasn’t an easy read. It was very emotional, full of meaning and hope, surrounding me with the greatness of love.
Abel and Finley were soulmates, experiencing a powerful love story that wrecked me and brought tears to my eyes.
Finley an absolute sweetheart that life dealt her more than one bad hand.
Abel, who always knew exa
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-Jenna, 5 stars

I don't even know what I can say about this story. I can't give away too much but I will tell you that this is a love story through and through! I really enjoyed the story line and the characters were absolutely fantastic. It's extremely emotional and you will feel every emotion from these characters. It gave me chills, literal chills! If you don't read this book, you're totally missing out on a terrific story!!!
Maree Repa
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

More Time

I was just absolutely thrilled to read this book. A completely creatively wonderful tale. A tragical beautiful story about love and loss. It was one I simply could not put down once!

When Finley Roberts, the young scared girl was told by her specialist that she is now is not just sick, but suffering from a malignant brain tumor. What does that even mean? Am I going to die? This is happening way to fast. Now just thinking this is all my life has led up to. Parents didn
Angel
Ten Hours

SO MUCH BEAUTY WITHIN THESE PAGES! OH MY HEART!

A tragically beautiful story about love and loss. An unconditional love that will last forever.

Finley and Abel found each other at the perfect moment. But to finally have everything you want to only lose it, is where you begin to think will it all be worth it in the end?

“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die tomorrow.”

Their love is untouchable, their strength is unimaginable. It’s raw and real. It’s an agonizing realizati
Stacie Christensen
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ten hours…
That’s how much time we spent together.

Six hundred minutes…
That’s how long it took me to fall in love.

Thirty-six thousand seconds...
And then it was over. And all I wanted was more.
More seconds.
More minutes.
More hours.
More him.

Ten hours…
Such a small, insignificant amount of time.
Yet those ten hours changed everything.

Holy cow! What an amazing read! This story was flawlessly written
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
There aren't enough words to express my feelings on this book.

I didn't read the blurb. Why? Because I love everything Melissa Toppen writes. I wasn't prepared for this book. My emotions were off the charts. I will tell you, I don't cry with books. Maybe a few tears, but this one got me. I mean it really got me.

There isn't much I can say about this book without giving anything away.

Finley or Just Finley had been informed of some devastating news. News that would change her life. She just wasn't
Roxs Reads
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love is not measured in how long you spend together but in how your souls talk to each other. When soulmates meet, they know it.

Ten Hours -- a lot can be accomplished in ten hours and it is possible to fall so deeply in love in that time that your world gets tipped on an axis that has your head spinning.

I love books, I love reading, but every once in awhile you come across a book that affects you in a profound way. Ten Hours by Melissa Toppen is one of those books. It's a 5-star read that wil
Andrea Britton
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure how to even write a review for this HEARTBREAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL book. For one, I can’t see past the tears in my eyes.

Melissa has written a story that will stick with you long after you’ve finished the last page. So many emotions, so many tears, so many whys and so much love. Gahhhh....I can’t even find the words for how amazing this book was.

I’m not going into much detail because EVERY SINGLE person needs this book in their life. Grab your box of tissues and let these words carry th
Danielle S.
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The blurb doesn’t give much of this story away. I was wholly unprepared for the ugly cry that ensued. I’m struggling to write this review because I don’t want to give too many hints at the plot. I just want everyone to go in with an open heart and a box of Kleenex, because you’ll need both.

Finely & Abel meet and the connection is instant. Undeniably perfect and amazingly beautiful. The ride they take you on will never leave you. The love they feel is so pure. My heart is aching, I just love
Toniann
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ten hours. That’s all it took for me to read this book. Ten hours to fall in love with characters that will definitely stay with me for quite some time. Finley is 19 years old and has been diagnosed with brain cancer. She had such a rough life at just 19 that it’s sad to know she’s sick. The same day she finds out she meets Abel. Abel is just sexy and so damn sweet you get pulled into him so fast. They spend the next 10 hours together and it’s just magical. He doesn’t know she’s sick but it woul ...more
Jenny B
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible love story. Finley’s background is a tough one and when her world is turned on its axis she meets Abel. The love these two share is an incredibly tragic but beautiful story that has left me in tears. Melissa Toppen did a phenomenal job in writing these characters and all they are going through to bring the reader right there in the moment
Mary
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An accidental meeting brought Abel and Finley together. Ten hours was all they had. In those ten hours, Finley and Abel shared an amazing time together and fall in love. Ten Hours is an incredible, sweet and emotional story. Their chemistry together is beyond great. The first page grabbed me and I couldn’t put it down until the end. Be sure to have plenty of tissues on hand.

Review copy was received for a honest opinion.
Mary S.
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man this story almost kill me with all the crying I went through reading Abel and Finley I spend the whole night up until the very end. This story was beautiful writing and the pain, the happiness Abel and Finley went through was a rollercoaster of emotions that I couldn't find my way out off. And that ending I hope there would be more of Abel I would love to see what will become of him because for me a story can't end that way so I hope we do get more I need him to find happiness.
Crystal Wilke
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written story. Ten Hours is a tear jerker. You'll need a box or twenty of tissues. I was captivated from the beginning till the end. Abel and Finley's story is an emotional journey. It was worth every second reading. I hope Abel will get a book after Ten Hours.
Cherie Maggi
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is amazing! One you start and can't put down. Have your Kleenex ready. I laughed, I cried, and I did not want this story to end. This is a 5+ star don't miss read!
JoAnna G
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A 5 Star, Amazing, Gripping, Heartfelt, Beautiful Love Story

Melissa Toppen outdid herself. This book. I can't describe the feeling adequately. It is written so eloquently and captivated me from the very beginning. It was so devastatingly good. I will do my best but it will be hard. This book is my top 2 read EVER. Not just this year. I couldn't put the book down. I read it in one go and I just felt so much. I read this and had to come back and review. It had a lingering effect on me. I was just
Sassy Southern
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finley Roberts just received the most devastating news she thought she could ever hear but as she is reeling from the news she happens to meet Abel Collins and for the next 10 hours she begins to
experience life in a way she never imagined she could.
Yet Finley must deal with what is ahead of her and that may be letting go of Abel as she has no idea
what the future holds. But what happens if Abel isn’t willing to let her go?
Can 10 hours change your whole life?
As I began reading this book I wondered
Shawn
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is heartbreaking with a beautiful love story. A very emotional read.
The story begins with Finley Roberts sitting in a Drs office and getting the news that her headaches & dizziness is being caused by a malignant brain tumor and surgery will only give her a 30% of survival. So with that news, she walks around in the city in daze. Until she sees a bar and decides to go in. But only drinks water because she’s under 21.
While sitting at the bar she meets Abel Collins a full time music
Chelsia
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Dream as if You’ll live forever. Live as if You’ll die tomorrow.”

I am so excited that everyone finally gets to meet Finley & Abel.
I do not even know where to begin with this review, oh my heart. ❤
Melissa Toppen has proven with this book why she is such an amazing author.
If I could give Ten hours 100 stars I would, this is one of those books that change everything.

What would You do if you got to spend just 10 simple hours with someone? 10 hours that have proven to mean everything. 10 hours t
Liz
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jasmine
Shelves: arc
Beautifully emotional with a side of ugly crying.

Finley has had a rough childhood and it seems to get worse and worse. Now she is on her own and with her sister. On this day, the day Finley gets the worst news possible...this is the day that changes her life in more ways than one!! Life has a way of throwing you curve balls, but can she handle it? What happens when she locks eyes with the most beautiful stranger in a bar?

Abel is trying to get out of meeting with his brothers but when he sees F
Becky Wise
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My God I wish I could give Ten Hours more then 5 stars. I first want to stand up and applaud Melissa Toppen for this book. It is not very often you come across a book that touches your hear and soul like Ten Hours does. When you're told that tissues are going to be needed and you say to yourself no I'm stronger then that. Well I will tell you this I was sobbing throughout this one. This book. God this book. There are not enough words to decribe the impact Ten Hours has made on me. This is a book ...more
Amy Rangel
Ten Hours by Melissa Toppen

5 Stars

Broken to a Million Pieces

That is what this author did to me, broke me to a Million Pieces. She gets you straight out of the gate with this book. You can’t stop it, but she will make you fall in love with these characters so fast. Page by page you get sucked into the world of Finley and Abel. From the first time they looked into each others eyes, until the last time the looked into each others eyes.

This author had me so in love with the way that their lives ca
Tweetatweet
Sarah Scholz
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I write this review, I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes. 😭 This is such a beautiful, heartbreaking love story. It was so beautiful to witness the love, that Finley & Abel had for each other, blossom before my eyes. 💜 My heart broke from all that Finley had to endure, before she found her sister, Claire & in turn, Abel. She met him at just the right time. It was kismet. It was amazing to see how quickly they recognized a kindred spirit in the other. I also loved seeing their love ...more
Jeanette Oglesby
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG...This book is ABSOLUTELY the BEST emotional, ugly cry read that I have read this year. It's beyond a 5 Star read!! Is there even enough stars for this book???

Finishing this book left me a total hot mess. Talking about pulling on the heart strings this book did just that to me. I had snot pouring makeup smeared all over my face....oh yeah...literally a hot mess after reading.

I FLOVED the whole story line. This book sucked me into the story from the very beginning and I couldn't put it down
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Melissa is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Author of New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.

Connect with Melissa Toppen