Start by marking “Just My Type” as Want to Read:
Just My Type

Just My Type

A new standalone, romantic comedy from Tara Sivec!

Live in the best small town in the world? Check.
Have the greatest job ever working on my family’s pumpkin farm? Check.
Marry the town pharmacist and have a nice, quiet life with our son? Check-check.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Did you say you were happy? LOLOLOLOL!” ~ Life

Ember Hastings never thought she’d be dragged away from White Tim
Kindle Edition
Published April 25th 2019

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
Well, I’m sure if you let your boss stuff his sausage in your omelet, you’ll forget all your troubles,” Brooklyn tells me.
“There will be no sausage stuffing! Stop trying to make sex happen.”

Best. Email. Banter. Of. All. Time.

Seriously. I mean, SERIOUSLY. Y'all! This banter was EVERYTHING.

Whenever I'm in a funk and in need of a guaranteed laugh till I pee myself sort of romcom, I will always reach for a Tara Sivec book. What can I say? The woman always delivers on the raunchy humor,
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Just My Type by Tara Sivec

Romantic Comedy. Standalone follow up to The Simple Life
First 5+++ Star read of 2019

*Skip to the down & dirty for a mini review*

I didn’t know I loved romantic comedy until I read Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec in 2012 and became a creepy stalker. Since then I have read hundreds of romcoms, but Just My Type reminded me yet again why Tara Sivec is the QUEEN OF ROMANTIC COMEDY. My favorite thing to read in books is e-mail or text banter, and kids of any age.
Jen
4.5 Stars

This reminded me of why I enjoy Tara Sivec so much. Funniest e-mail exchanges evah! And I'll never look at pinkie swears quite the same way.

Jennifer Kyle
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
"No one dates me without me knowing it and gets away with it."

4.5 Stars
Paige
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 “Inbox” Stars

Sweet. Sassy. Sexy.

Tara Sivec is the queen of funny.

Just My Type was just my type too!

Provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another hilarious rom-com from Tara Sivec!

[full review to come]
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: April 25, 2019
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Just My Type is JUST my kind of book! Tara Sivec writes some of my favorite romantic comedies (i.e. Seduction and Snacks) so knowing this was going to be another romcom had me super excited! Well, this one did NOT disappoint! I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard. From the names of the chapters to the banter between Ember and Baker, this book had me giggling the whole way through! This is classic Tara Si
Amy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“As soon as our eyes locked back at Starbucks, I knew it was him. I don’t know how. I just felt it. Which sounds stupid as shit when I say it in my head. But God, the way he looked at me. Like he recognized me instantly, appreciated what he saw, and would chew off the arm of any man who tried to talk to me. It was possessive and hot. Something that should have had me running in the opposite direction, considering it was coming from some guy whose last name I didn’t even know, who I met on-line. ...more
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
 photo 44FA2333-FAD8-4290-847F-43A8C22A3334.jpg

What is a book to you if it's not fun? I mean really. Just My Type was truly entertaining and fun on every page. Ember and Baker go shot for shot in wit and banter, in true Tara Sivec style. This one had me laughing out loud more often and not and it was a joy to read!
Jeannine
Ahmahgah I had such a great time reading this! I’ve got some serious heart eyes for Baker. I was totally that wife who kept shoving the iPad into my husbands face and said read this funny part. And this one. No wait, this email is the best one ever!! I don’t think he truly appreciated my enthusiasm for this book, but whatever. He did keep asking why I was laughing all the time so of course I had to show him! The banter and chemistry between Baker and Ember is ah-mazing. I laughed out loud throug ...more
Raine
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny

I was entertained by this book. The beginning was so funny. Emver transcribes audio voice memos for clients. There was a glitch with the transcribing software and her personal notes were sent to the client along with the transcription and her email info when all her info should've been kept confidential. Suffice to say the client, Baker, started communicating to Ember via email and also continues to send her other voice memos to transcribes and communicates to her through those memos as wel
Up All Night Book Addict
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019, reviews
Ummm... hello? Is anyone there? This book. I just don't know what to say. It's most definitely another winner from Sivec. I am not sure what to say that I haven't said before.

The banter between these characters is life! I laughed so hard every single time. They are snarky, confident, entertaining. A troop of kick-butt characters who entertained me from start to finish.

As in the past, Sivec leaves us with reader's blue balls. Dragging out the inevitable until the reader is ready to combust from t
Darlene
Kim
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
A woman who lost her true self and voice.
A man who lost his zest for life.
One little unconventional email exchange sends them spinning into a fun zone of sarcastic banter and unexpected attraction.

Ember Hastings is a divorced, single mom stuck in a city she hates. She has changed over the years trying to be the person her ex expected her to be. And now she is in the dumps and does not even need to leave her house much since she works behind a keyboard.

Baker Matthews is an ex Vet and g
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via author for an honest review

Woohoo - that is always my reaction when I get a new Tara Sivec story on my kindle.

We are back (sorta) to Pumpkin land with Just My Type.

There are so many ways Baker and Ember's story could have gone wrong for them, however they went just right.

I laughed at their first email exchange, and then Ms Sivec had me giggling a lot more.

It is not all fun and games though. There are some sad and poignant moments that made my eyes leak a little bit. And there is
Tiffany Readz
She Doesn't Disappoint!

Tara Sivec's books are always comedy GOLD! I have been a fan of hers for years and have always laughed out loud reading her work. Absolutely brilliant and Just my Type is no different. Ember and Baker were so perfect for each other and to ride along with them until they figured it out was fun. Well, most of the time anyway.

Her story starts out like any other, happy husband and home life a total sham, he leaves her in a new city because he "just can't". Yeah whatever guy do
Rosa
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex in Spades
5 Pinky Swear Stars

First I always adored Tara Sivec's sense of humor. I dig it 100%, and here she delivered brilliantly. I couldn't contain my giggles, I laughed so hard.

Second she gets extra points for making this one unique for me - the type of meeting - that was the first one, and it was so fresh to read it. Also so damn cute, and funny.

And third, this was just such a sweet, and funny love story. I swooned for Baker so hard, he just placed in the top three of my book boyfriends. His amazing h
Karen
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you like really sassy banter and a hedgehog named, Ron Jeremy, then this book is for you. So much fun!!!!!!!

I just laughed and laughed, even the hot intimate scenes were hilarious if you consider Ron Jeremy watched while the laundry room washer hit the wall loud enough that Lincoln, the eight year old son, investigated on behalf of Ron Jeremy, the hedgehog whose cage is in the laundry room. Otter swimming was also pretty fun!!!

I loved the story!! I loved the characters, even how awful Brandon
Brittany Hively
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Between being in school, working, and being a mom, I have little time to read. And when I do try to read, I normally pass out from exhaustion. Not with Just My Type or maybe any Tara Sivec book!

This book had me literally laughing out loud. There was times my husband thought I was dying because I was choking from laughter.

Sivec has a way of bringing comedy to her stories while making the characters real and have a depth that makes you fall in love with them. Even the side characters! Because the
Jo
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
it’s her usual written format, dirty mouth, dirty mind, it shouldn’t happen in the fiction, novel, anyway, we love it.

a girl from small town to city then back to town, then a mom to city from town n decide to stay there, their decision only based on their lover, where the live is, where the home is.

love the side characters, the sister n uncle, even Dax.
Janey
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love getting back to a Tara Sivec book, where you can guarantee smart & witty.
Keri
A light, fun fluffy read, just what the doctor ordered. I fell in love with Baker and want one of my own! :-)
Viviana
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
So funny! I loved baker!!! He was seriously funny. 😊😊🙌🏼
Grace
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet and humorous story of finding love in an unexpected place.

I really enjoyed the author's book, The Simple Life, so I was excited to see that she decided to write Ember's book, who was the BFF to Brooklyn and sister of Clint.  (Note: as this isn't technically part of a series, you don't need to have read The Simple Life in order to follow this story.)

The H and h in this story are in rough places, trying to turn their lives around as they suffer setbacks.
- Ember Hastings is trying to land b
Laurie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Bottom line: Tara Sivec is a rom-com genius, and "Just My Type" is AMAZEBALLS! :-) Every time I think I have found my favorite Sivec book, she releases a new one, and it's even better than the one before.

In "Just My Type," we are re-introduced to Ember Hastings, best friend of Brooklyn Manning from "The Simple Life." When we last saw Ember, she was happily married to the town pharmacist and they had a young son. Ember loved her life in small-town White Timber, where she worked on her family's p
Kelli Spear
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I believe it’s rare for an author’s books to continue to get better as time goes on. More often than not, they stick to a formula that becomes repetitive and therefore, the stories few stagnant. Been there, done that. Somehow Tara Sivec keeps her ideas fresh and I’m forever grateful for her hilarity, wit, and emotional plots.

I feel like I say this about every one of her releases, but it’s always true. THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE SIVEC BOOK! I found Ember relatable and hilarious. She’s someone I’d w
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
This book was freakingly hilarious... I loved it.

Ember isn't happy with her life right now. And while her transcription job pays her bills its not enough for her and her son to actually go out and have some fun. And now a mix up with unedited transcription along with her personal details gets sent to a client, Ember finds her self in a verbal war with Baker (aka Sh**t Mouth)
Baker has been a grouch for awhile and seems to be getting on everyone's last nerve. But when he receives Embers transcrip
Nichole
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tara Sivec has done it AGAIN!!! You guys...this book is MAGNIFICENT. Just My Type is romantic comedy at its sarcastic best. A follow up to “The Simple Life”, this story centers around Ember Hastings and Baker Matthews. The chemistry between Ember and Baker is what every relationship should strive to achieve. What is great about Tara's writing is that she manages to achieve this chemistry with her characters BEFORE they ever even actually meet in person! The story starts out with e-mail communica ...more
Kim
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I honestly never laughed so hard in my life and had such a fantastic time reading a book! I love Ember and Baker! The entire story was hilarious but the emails back and forth between the two? My husband thought I was crazy...laughing with tears rolling down my face! The banter between Ember and Baker was unreal and I loved every single moment of this book! Truly a must read for any Tara Sivec fan!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of