Start by marking “Drowning Lessons (Red Frog Beach Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Drowning Lessons (Red Frog Beach Mystery #1)

Drowning Lessons

(Red Frog Beach Mystery #1)

You are cordially invited to a destination wedding to die for... Welcome to Bocas del Toro, a remote chain of islands off the Caribbean coast of Panama. Five days of glorious sun and lush rainforest await the forty guests celebrating Bridezilla Olivia’s dream wedding—but will a grisly murder sink the catered affair? Before anyone’s got time to start working on a tan, an un ...more
Published May 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Drowning Lessons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drowning Lessons

★ Stellarum Nocte ☾
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This book was given t me in exchange for an honest review by NetGalley.com

Drowning Lessons is the first novel in the Red Frog Beach Mystery Series by Rachel Neuburger Reynolds.

Welcome to Bocas del Toro, a remote chain of islands off the Caribbean coast of Panama. Five days of glorious sun and lush rainforest await the forty guests celebrating Bridezilla Olivia’s dream wedding—but before anyone’s got time to start working on a tan, an unfortunate snorkeling accident eliminates a member of the wed
Samantha Gonsalves
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This not typically the kind of book I find myself reading, but I was drawn to the blurb and the cover! Surprisingly, I liked it! Drowning Lessons by Rachel Neuburger Reynolds is book 1 in the A Red Frog Beach Mystery Book series. Its suspenseful, fun and a very enjoyable read.
Alexandra 'Lexie' Martone is the maid of honor at her best friend Olivia Fowlers over-the-top extravagant destination wedding at Bocas del Toro, a remote chain of islands off the Caribbean coast of Panama. Olivia and her g
Janet
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019ng, kindle

You are cordially invited to a destination wedding to die for...

Welcome to Bocas del Toro, a remote chain of islands off the Caribbean coast of Panama. Five days of glorious sun and lush rainforest await the forty guests celebrating Bridezilla Olivia’s dream wedding—but will a murder sink t
Marie McNary
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The perfect beach read. This book is a great escape to a tropical location sure to leave you caught up in the story’s twists and turns. It was an enjoyable start to the series with entertaining characters that infused humor into the story. I can’t wait to see where the author takes Lexie and her adventures next!
Aileen  (Ailz) Grist
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Bridezilla's wedding on a tropical island, should be peaceful, except that she's given each of her four bridesmaids a file with details on the guests, the activities and what they will be in charge of and when. Oh and the bridesmaids have been given all red clothes for the five days. Everything is organised - even down to the guests having to hand over their phones, cameras and any other technology before leaving the boat to land on the island for the first of many parties.

It takes a couple of
Susan
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Do not read this thinking you are reading a book you can take seriously. Sure, people die, but that barely puts a dent into the plans Olivia has for her wedding. She just adds "find the killer" and "don't let the guests know" to her maid of honor's huge to-do list. Why? Because this week-long lead-up to her nuptials will not be ruined by someone getting murdered! That pretty much sets the mood for a campy romp of a cozy. Lexie, the maid of honor, quickly finds out that a beautiful secluded islan ...more
Eileen
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Olivia and Lexie are childhood friends, now in their thirties. Olivia devolves into a total bridzilla prior to her destination wedding in Boca Del Torres Panama. It is all fun and games until the best man is murdered during a snorkeling trip. Lexi being the good friend and maid of honor, does as Olivia and her fiancé request and tries to keep the murder secret and the wedding on track while searching for the killer.
While I really enjoyed some aspects of this Drowning Lessons I had a hard time
AmAtHome
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Lexie and Olivia have been friends since the age of 5, and now Lexie is intent on making sure her friend's island wedding goes off without a hitch. When the bodies start dropping, Lexie jumps in to solve the mystery and keep the wedding on track.
The story is a pretty easy read, and i think the unraveling of Olivia and Lexi's friendship was the most engaging part of the story. Lexi is a bit annoying in regards to her relationships, but has other qualities. that are more endearing. Overall, the a
Book Him Danno
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drowning Lessons us a fun, cozy mystery series that will have reader falling in love with one very awkward Lexie who is trying to survive a broken heart is determined to give her Bridezilla the wedding of her dreams.
This story will have readers laughing so hard and dying to visit the wedding destination point in this Cozy Mystery.
The book also has wonderful recipes readers will be able to recreate in their home if they have the ability to cook.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the De
Katerina
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book.
What a treat. Such a fantastic debut by the author that will sure to become one of my favorites.
Where do I start?
The main character made me cry and laugh, and really wish the book would never end. The situations were believably hilarious, chapters flew, I had a dozen murder theories—all of them false!
This is the type of novel you want to read with a glass of wine next to you and no distractions. What a fun way to unwind from the stress of the days.
Lisa
May 02, 2019 added it
Struggled to find any sympathy with the characters in this book. Like murder mysteries to focus on the solving of the crime but this one seemed more about the romance and increasingly annoying behaviour of the characters - not for me, sorry!

** Recieved a free Digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**
Roland Scahill
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to receive an advance copy of Drowning Lessons. An absolutely thrilling and unexpected murder mystery. This is the rare ‘beach read’ that is not only fun, but intellectually satisfying. The characters are extraordinarily memorable and delightfully wicked. I can’t recommend this enough!
T Olsen
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
When I read a murder mystery, I want the book to basically be about murder and mystery. This book is mainly about 35 year olds behaving like teenagers in a childish drama.
J.J.  Hennessey
Lisa Brown
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you know anyone who is getting married or are looking for a great beach read look no further than Drowning Lessons.
With eccentric characters from Lexi the maid of honor / side kick that turns sloop, the bride herself Olivia who gives a whole new scale and meaning to ‘Bridezilla’, to my personal favorite Lloyd who will never leave you bored; this is a fun read with a wonderful dose of who done it.
Lots of twists and turns keeping you guessing until the end why more than one wedding bound guest
Cynthia
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it

My Review Of
Drowning Lessons

I quickly became engrossed in this destination wedding/murder mystery from page one. What more could I ask for in a mystery? A great destination, adorable would be sleuth Lexie aka tall girl, a quirky list of characters and a bridezilla!!

A wedding guest winds up dead/maybe murdered? The list of suspects is long and complex because this particular guest is not the most genial person. Lexie has all she can do to keep the wedding on track now she has a murder to sol
Michelle
Apr 27, 2019
Shahna Seal
cathy fuessel
May 08, 2019
Rachel Reynolds
Mar 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Laura Reading