Start by marking “The Clutter-Free Home: Making Room for Your Life” as Want to Read:

The Clutter-Free Home: Making Room for Your Life

When it comes to your home, peace is possible...

Longing for a place of peace from which you can love others well? The Clutter-Free Home is your room-by-room guide to decluttering, reclaiming, and celebrating every space of your home.

Let author Kathi Lipp (who once lived a life buried in clutter) walk you through each room of your house to create organizational zones
Published February 11th 2020 by Harvest House Publishers

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Clutter-Free Home by Kathi Lipp
    Release date: Feb 11, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win a FREE copy of "The Clutter-Free Home" by Kathi Lipp. Longing for a place of peace from which you can love others well? "The ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 30 copies available, 3994 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 25 - Feb 22, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Clutter-Free Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Clutter-Free Home

Start your review of The Clutter-Free Home: Making Room for Your Life
    Tonya Kubo
    Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I have been a Kathi Lipp reader since 2012 but it was the precursor to this book, Clutter Free, that changed my life. In that book, I learned my problem wasn't housekeeping, it was the emotions that kept me tied to stuff that I didn't love, use or really even want.
    Fast-forward to now, and I am proud to say I was chosen to co-lead the manuscript development team for this book, The Clutter-Free Home.
    This book answers the question that Clutter Free Academy podcast listeners and Facebook Group
    Dee Arr
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I purchased a goal-setting planner at the beginning of the year, and one of the habits I decided to instill was to dedicate 15 minutes a day to eliminating clutter from my life, beginning with my home. Imagine my surprise when I began reading “The Clutter-Free Home,” and author Kathi Lipp was sharing her plan to declutter the home. Part of this plan was to spend fifteen minutes a day attacking one small area in one room.

Of course, Ms. Lipp’s procedure has more than just those fifteen minutes a
    Jane
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This book was an eye-opener for me! None of the information the author includes is groundbreaking or new, but the way she pieces it together is unique. It is a wake-up call. In the first part of her book, she gives you her method for decluttering your home: broken into 4 steps and executed in manageable 15-minute bursts a day along with a once per week 60-minute focused period in your room of choice. She helps you to see through her book that what you thought was impossible, is actually super ...more
    Jennifer Jessop
    Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Kathi Lipp "figured out a way not only to get rid of clutter (without becoming a minimalist), but [also] to make sure [her] home stays uncluttered" (Introduction, p. 8). In The Clutter-Free Home: Making Room for Your Life, Kathi Lipp tells how she achieved the state of Clutter-Free and shares her methods of "decluttering, reclaiming, and celebrating every space of [the] home" (Introduction, p.10).

As someone who struggles with cluttering and chronic disorganization., I am eager to learn Kathi's
    Amanda Cash
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    If you're like me, these types of books appeal to you. I keep thinking, if I just find the right book, it will help me with all my mess. Well. No book will do the work FOR you (an unfortunate truth), but this one really breaks down not only how to declutter your home and your stuff, but also gets into the psychology behind why we get cluttered in the first place. Kathi's writing style is refreshingly real, like she is a friend sitting next to you with a cup of coffee and you are laughing ...more
    Kimberly Shettleworth
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I have been reading Kathi Lipps books for a number of years now. This book, like the rest, does not disappoint. The process of de-cluttering and looking at the space you have (including worksheets) is wonderfully thought out and well taught within these pages. Love the three question plan: "Do I love it? Do I use it? Will I buy it again?" And this question was one I thought about in every room, "what have you just been living with instead of dealing with?" It's a great book for sure!!!
    Angela
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    How lucky was I to get a free Advanced Reader Copy from the publisher!?

I’ve been a fan of Kathi’s FB pages (Clutter Free Academy and Communicator Academy) for years now. So strange to have to actually READ vs listen.

My brain and I compromised quite nicely, by hearing Kathi’s voice in my head.

This book is part how-to, part workbook, with just a touch of memoir thrown in. I don’t think I could ever actually WRITE in a book, but thankfully, I have 358647 nearly-new and completely pretty notebooks
    Nola
    Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This book was exactly what I needed at this stage of my life. My parents moved to a nursing home at very short notice, and I was left with cleaning out their house , bringing the treasured possessions with me, and selling and getting rid of other belongings. I was also acutely aware that I also needed to declutter my own home.

In this book, Kathi Lipp provides lots of great tips. For example, stepping back first and working out what purposes you have for each room. Sometimes this might be
    karen cradic
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    If you have clutter in your life, this book is what you need. Make your home so that it serves you not you serving it, love this quote from the book. I have had clutter all my life and believe this book is what I have needed but never had. Kathi shows us how to dedicate our spaces and create areas we can love to have as part of our lives. This book is a great read. Can't wait to put these great ideas to work and get rid finally of the clutter in my life.
    Esther
    Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: netgalley
    I have read so many books and blogs about clutter and how to tame it. I've watched the TV shows. I've listened to podcasts. And yet, over and over, I come away feeling overwhelmed and defeated. This is the first book that I read about clutter where I felt the author actually understood me.

It does NOT work for me to gather all of one type of item from all over the house and sort it. No way. I get so overwhelmed and then quit, leaving things far worse. Kathi Lipp totally understands that. Instead
    Marylou4j
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    If you want to be encouraged by someone who really understands what it's like to struggle with clutter, you will love Kathi Lipp's writing. Her newest book, "The Clutter-Free Home: Making Room for Your Life" is filled with encouragement rather than judgement. You will also find plenty of practical tips for you to try and see what's a good fit for you.

I received an advance reader copy from the publisher.
    Tara
    Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I was given an advanced copy of this book for review, and I'm so glad that I was able to read it to start off my year of decluttering. Reading this book really got me thinking about the struggles we have had with keeping our home clutter free once we declutter an area. Kathy talks about the importance of defining the use of the space--even if it's multi-purpose. She gave an example in the book about how your office will just accumulate clutter if you haven't defined what that space is for, and I ...more
    Miranda Flagg
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    ***I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*** This book was so so good! I have been overwhelmed and trying to reduce clutter in our house for quite awhile now and while I have enjoyed quite a few books that deal with clutter, space and minimalism, I loved the new approach with this one. I loved how honest and straightforward she was on so many topics. She didn’t sugarcoat the need to keep things and that was refreshing.

One thing that really resonated with me was when the author talked
    Amy Elizabeth
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I really enjoyed this book. It offers a plan on how to remove clutter from your home. It also discusses how to avoid bringing more clutter back into your home. I received an advance reader copy of the book from the publisher.
    Steph Nickel
    As always, Kathi Lipp inspires me to systematically declutter my home of items I “don’t use, don’t love, and wouldn’t buy again.” Using the author’s sustainable system, I look forward to “deciding” how I want each room to feel, “dedicating” each room for specific purposes, “decluttering” them of items that don’t accomplish these purposes, and “doing my thing” in each room to make them what I know they can be. Kathi’s Clutter Free system is so much more than a way to organize our belongings! I ...more
    Ella Herlihy
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Kathi Lipp takes it to the next level with this book. I have been on a clutter-free journey since her “Clutter Free” book came out years ago. I am now aware of not keeping what I’m not using. But still. The clutter sneaks in. This book is a reminder and surprisingly full of new ideas. From deciding how a space should be used and then making sure everything in it matches its purpose to a use it up challenge, Kathi’s creativity in an area that has been covered by many is refreshing and motivating. ...more
    Liz Schumacher
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I just finished reading an advance digital copy of The Clutter-free Home by Kath Liipp and am excited to implement some of the decluttering methods she shares. When the garage or other storage space become overwhelming I often feel like I must have an entire weekend to focus solely on sorting and cleaning. I love Kathi's suggestion to work on a different space for just 15 minutes five days a week and a bigger project area (like the garage) for 60 minutes once a week. Safeguarding a day for rest ...more
    Shaunna Ryan Deckard
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Loved this book. Would help anyone with their clutter. Definitely would recommend reading this book and applying it to your life.
    Clazzzer C
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This is a book I would recommend to all. It has cleared my mind and brought a whole new meaning to the term 'head space' for me. Now when I look around I don't see bundles, bags, and clutter old and new, I see clear spaces which bring calm and contentment. I have always been a hoarder, old books that I might reread, notes from college- in case I need them again!!!!, items from travel that look gaudy now, that suit nothing and that certainly won't ever be meaningfully displayed, but are kept for ...more
    Rebecca Tillmann
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I’ve been a Kathi Lipp follower for awhile, and live mainly a clutter free life. But I still took away lots of valuable information! As I am doing an entire house declutter to start 2020, this has given me a new way to think about the spaces in my home. So no matter where you are on your journey this book is a must read.

I received an advanced reader copy of this book from the publisher, but the thoughts expressed in this review are strictly my own.
    Trisha
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I have struggled with Clutter all my life and I’ve read so many books and blogs. Subscribed to many newsletters and helps but none have been this helpful. I’ve got the beginnings of a plan and tools to use now. I’ve already started to see and feel a difference around my home. Thank you Kathi Lipp!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley on behalf of the Publisher and was under no obligation to post a favorable review.
    Janye
    Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
    I'm a piles girl. I dont want to be, but I am. I find myself often drawn to books about how to eliminate those piles. My home is rather clean but there is always clutter. I have found recently that the clutter has a direct impact on my mood.

I decided to give this book a read in hopes to gain new insight on eliminating clutter. While I dont feel that there was anything profound and ground-breaking about releases the bonds of clutter, I did find that simply reading about it helped me want to
    Toni Hutchison
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Kathi Lipp is a magician. Her words break through those barriers you didn't know you had to move you to a place you didn't think you could go. This book helped me break down the reasons I couldn't maintain clutter free (or clutter-less) surroundings. I now have tangible tools to get my head, my heart and my home in the same space. A definite must read for anyone that wants to get their surroundings under control.
    Angela Garvey
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    The advice in this book is timeless! Kathi Lipp hits the nail on the head again. I find the advice and tips for keeping up with kids clutter extremely helpful with my boys. The reason this book stands out is because it's doable, broken down in easy steps - perfectionism not needed! I'm so happy to have an early copy of this book!
    Lori Margo
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This book will encourage and inspire you to deal with your clutter. Kathi Lipp takes an overwhelming task and makes it doable with her system of small steps in the right direction. She offers practical tips along with help on thinking through how you want your home to feel and function. Highly recommend!
    Samantha
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I read "Clutter Free" a few years ago, and it really opened my eyes to why I have the clutter in my life. I have been delighted to read "The Clutter-Free Home: Making Room for Your Life," because now I have a "how-to" with the clutter. Kathi does a superb job of going room to room and giving some practical strategies on how to make each room clutter free. This will definitely be a go-to manual for me to refer back to time and again as I make my way through my home each year (clutter is never one ...more
    Rita L. Claar
    Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This is amazing, practical, non-shaming advice for how to make your cluttered house a home that you love and that your guests find welcoming. I am not an "as pretty as Pinterest" kind of girl, and that's not this kind of book. I don't have time or money for that. It's a realistic look at what you have and how to make it look and feel warm and open. This compliments other books on clutter by Kathi. Highly recommend!
    Donna Springgay
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    A great gentle book for those who struggle with lifes every day piles. I highly recommend this book for those who struggle to let go of things that hold memories. I also highly recommend you purchase Kathy's first book Clutter Free. An easy read with some motivating ideas.
    Eleana Tyradelli
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I read the ARC provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

I good book on decluttering which I think will help those who are just starting down this path. Kathi Lipp has a good understanding of the "cluttered people's" (as she calls us and herself ^_^) psychology and has some good arguments to help you get moving that I think hit the spot.

Her techniques of dividing the house in rooms and working through each one of them in short bursts and in a specific sequence are detailed and practical,
    Bethany Vitaro
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This book is a gentle yet attainable way of dealing with a cluttered home. I've read lots of books on this subject. Kathi's method seems very doable to me. Maybe another is better for you. Fortunately, there are lots of choices.
    I like Kathi's way of focusing on one main room in short spurts of time without neglecting the rest of the house in the meantime. I'm a person who likes to declutter all at once and then I get tired, hungry and worn out, left with a bigger mess than I started with.
    I

• The Joy of Missing Out: Live More by Doing Less
    • Crafting Cute: Polymer Clay the Kawaii Way
    • The Dress Shop of Dreams
    • The Witches of Cambridge
    • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
    • Sister of Mine
    • Pagan Portals - Fairy Queens: Meeting the Queens of the Otherworld
    • A Dark House and Other Stories
    Kathi loves giving real help and how-tos to move people forward in every area of their lives. With humor and wisdom, Kathi offers hope paired with practical steps to live with meaning.

Kathi Lipp is the Publisher Weekly bestselling author of 17 books including Clutter Free, The Get Yourself Organized Project, The Husband Project, and Overwhelmed.

She is the host of Clutter Free Academy the Podcast,