Start by marking “Love Spell (Smoky Mountain Dragons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Spell (Smoky Mountain Dragons, #1)

Love Spell

(Smoky Mountain Dragons #1)

A dragon stuck in his human form. A fledgling enchantress with a saucy blog. And a decades-old love spell that might have succeeded after all.

Sophie Whynot can’t watch another one of her friends get married or have a baby when her own prospects for love are dire. Scratch that, catastrophic. This trip to the Smoky Mountain village to stay with her Gran is a much needed rese
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Love Spell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Spell

Start your review of Love Spell (Smoky Mountain Dragons, #1)
Denise
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romances, paranormal
Oh boy, oh boy. I was eagerly awaiting the next series by this author (if you haven't read The Real Werewives of Alaska series, you should) and this book did not disappoint.

Sophie has come to Summerland for a fresh start. Her single status among her group of friends finally reached the oh-hell-no point and she cracked. Selling everything she owned and fleeing to her grandmother's house, she is all for reinventing herself. She has always wanted to explore her magic and her grandmother is teachin
Debbie Caswell
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the previous series by this very talented author I was looking forward to this series and I wasn't disappointed I actually think this book shoes sign that this series will be even better Who doesn't love dragon shifters

This is the story of Sophie and Tyson Tyson is a member of a dragon family that had a love sell placed on it fifty tears ago something went wrong and now they can't change into their dragon form at all and nn of them have met mates The person who cast that spell was
Sydney M Neblett
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The love of a good man, umm dragon, wait.....mate
Such a great story! These dragons are new, okay so really they are very old, come with a ton of baggage, and are desperately craving the love of their mate. Basically everything we look for in a good book. The author did not let us down, the story is engaging and will keep you interested until the very last page. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well written book with an interesting story line. The characters are strong and the story flows quickly and smoothly. I enjoyed reading this story.

Karen O'Conor
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It has elements that I enjoy: magic and dragons. The plot moves along briskly.
Coco.V
Sep 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/18/2019)! 🎁
Robin
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dragons are the best!

I love a good Dragon story! This is one of the best. Good characters and a great story line. It involves a witch whose spell doesn't appear to be working. Then it does. I don't want to give it away but you have to buy this one. The series too.
Julie
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting story

Sometimes it takes awhile for a love spell to work.
Pretty good world building, although there is still a lot to learn about the town and mythology.
I liked the way they drew out each other’s strengths.
Andrea LeCras
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Loved Sophie And Tyson's Story!

Loved Sophie and Tyson's story and characters. Well written. There is magic everywhere. All the characters are great, especially Gran. Can't wait to read Monique and Chance's story.
Sassy Angel
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing story. I loved every moment of it. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series. Kristen Strassel has a way of drawing you into the action and the love story from the first page. I didn’t want this story to end.

Sophie has come to stay with her grandmother who is an entrantress. She wants to learn from her as well as regroup and refocus her life. She meets Tyson who is a dragon shifter. He and his thunder believe that they are cursed when a spell that her grandmother cast didn’
Shannon Risdon
Addictive, hot, and magical

Thoroughly enjoyed this tale! Dragons and witches, secrets and mystery - you will be very hard pushed to put it down! Amazingly written with just the right level of detail, heat, pace and magic...definitely the beginning of an addictive series to add to my TBR :-)
Frances Law
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A love spell gone wrong.

When is a dragon not a dragon? When he is trapped in his human body and no longer able to shift into his dragon form. The thunder of Summerland asked Nora Whynot, a young enchantress, to cast a love spell since they hadn’t found any dragon mates in hundreds of years, but something went wrong and they didn’t find love and neither could they change. Tyson is the youngest member of the thunder and is the only one who still holds hope.
Sophie is Nora’s grandmother but has alw
Margaret
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sophie moves to Summerland, Tennessee to stay with her grandmother and meets Tyson Drake.
Moving to Summerland, Tennessee to stay with her grandmother Nora had Sophie hoping for a new start and plans to start a new blog. Going to a yard sale with Nora she finds a cute dragon pin but Nora is drawn to a jeweled box but a tall hunk is also interested and Nora beats him to buy it. Sophie is unable to get the man at the yard sale out of her mind and dreams of him. Dragon shifter Tyson Drake is annoyed
Raina Collins
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A hot and adventurous beginning to a dragon shifter romance. But there is so much more than dragons. Magic is real even if most people don’t believe in it. But one botched spell may have caused these dragons the ability to shift. Now fifty years later things will change for the good or bad. I liked both of the main characters. Sophie believes in magic and wants to learn from her Gram. She is definitely an interesting character and blushes a lot when talking about her blog. And Gram is one funny ...more
Kathi
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dragons and Magic!!

The Rocky Mountain Thunder has not been able to shift to their dragons for years. When Sophie goes to live with her Gran, she meets Tyson who recognizes her as a potential mate, and solution to his shifting problem. But should he date the granddaughter of the woman who caused the problem in the first place?

Magic, mates and intrigue combine into an entertaining story!!

*** I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book ***
Melissa
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Fun paranormal romance! Sophie is the last single girl from her group and her dating situation is dire so she decides she needs a blank canvas and moves with her grandma. Tyson is a drag who has been trap in his human form of too long after Sophie gram did a love spell that has render him and his family with no way to shift.
Prepare yourself for magic, mates, love and mischied.

Wanda Hoon
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dragons, magic, love and danger what a heady combination.

Wow just wow is about the best I can say. Sophie had me laughing so hard I almost had an accident. Tyson is a man who make me believe in love at first sight. When these two get together the sparks fly. I loved it when they worked together.
Nora is just like my granny and she believed you could do anything with the right incentives.
Good reading!
Scarolet Ellis
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Spell by Kristen Strassel is an awesome story that I have read. This is book number one in this awesome start to a brand new series that I can not get enough of. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about dragon shifters in their stories.

Helena
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic romantic love story with a twist of magic

A love spell gone wrong? Or so Tyson Drake and his fellow dragons thought? Until Sophie Whynot came along and triggered the love spell.
He was the only dragon who didn't stop believing in the spell. She was the one who always believed in magic. Finding each other was fate. Off to read the next book in the series. Happy writing.
Patricia H. Phelps
A Dragon and an Enchantress

Gran cast a spell on the Dragon thunder sat their request. They were closing their power. Her granddaughter came to live with her so she could learn magic. It seems the spell worked after a lol as she met Tyson and they were drawn together. Various twists and turns make for an interesting story.
Suez
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a forbidden, fast paced journey for Sophie and Tyson. Their instant chemistry will definitely capture your attention and not let go. This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy
Mary T
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never give up.

After fifty years under the spell of an enchantress, Tyson and the rest of the thunder have the opportunity to be able to shift to their their form.
D Call
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good shifter romance

I liked the story. This is my second time reading it.

Who doesn't want to discover that, by being true to yourself, you find something beyond your wildest dreams? Sophie has a breakdown, sells everything, and goes to live with Gran, the only one who's believed in her. She discovers she has magic, the hottest guy ever is a dragon, and he's attracted to her.

Character development is adequate; Sophie has feelings of inadequacy as a woman and as an enchantress, Tyson isn't sure h
Meyes88
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT A MIRACLE ...My name is Meyers Brown and I am from the USA. I want to give thanks to DR BALBOSA for bringing back my husband.No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m writing would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close co-worker)whom DR balbosa have helped in getting back her ex..she also told me that DR BALBOSA is a very dedicated, gifted, and ...more
Judi
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing mythology...

A witch’s coming of age and a dragon’s reawakening, what could be better. A big baddie in the midst of course. Sophie and Tyson have an instant attraction. They should be enemies but can’t stay away from each other. Sophie’s Gran is a hoot, and Tyson’s dragon brothers add to the already palpable angst. Overall a great paranormal read.
BusyM3
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A funny, entertaining read that will keep reading and laughing out loud till the end. It has fun, dragons, magic, great chemistry. A great read.

ENE
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable story of a love spell gone wrong trapping dragon shifter Tyson in human form.

The chemistry between Tyson &

Sherry Vitaniemi
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A start

You couldn't ask for a better start. For these brothers. Just because they need a little help. In the magic area. Doesn't mean it can't be done. Oh and did I mention. They are all hot. Happy reading
Jane
Apr 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok

It was an ok read, but it read like chunks had been taken out to make it a certain length. There were gaps in the story, and information that it seemed assumed you had but hadn't been presented.

Ok over all. Just hard to enjoy with the gaps.
Camille
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally Awesome!

I absolutely love the mixture of dragons and magic. The first book in this series was a stunner for me. Sophie and Tyson literally shoot sparks off each other when they touch. So romantic and compelling.

• My Dragon Lord (Broken Souls #1)
  • Alien Prince Charming (Trilyn Alien Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Tropical Dragon's Destiny (Shifting Sands Resort, #10)
  • Beast (Ever After, #1)
  • One True Mate (Westin Pack #1)
  • Babyjacked (Payne Brothers, #1)
  • Max (Three Silverback Bears And A Baby, #1)
  • Doctor Dragon's Fake Bride (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #2)
  • A Dragon for Christmas (Shifters for Christmas, #2)
  • Dragons Need Love, Too (I Like Big Dragons, #2)
  • The Lion Loves a Lady (A Second Chance Christmas in Bear Creek, #3)
  • Thresh (Alpha One Security, #2)
  • A Mate for Orion (Forbidden Shifters Book 5)
  • Felix (Club Crimson, #4)
  • Dig Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #2)
  • Bound by Blood (Cauld Ane, #1)
  • Dragons & Magic (Dragon's Den Casino #1)
  • Becoming Dragon (Dragon Point #1)
Kristen Strassel is far cooler than she’ll make herself sound in this bio. She enjoys spending time with the voices in her head—nudging the characters toward those bad decisions and a happily ever after. When she’s not writing, she’s often still in the land of make-believe—doing makeup for film and television. And when she’s not doing any of that, she enjoys making her house look like a Pinterest ...more

Smoky Mountain Dragons (5 books)
  • Midsummer Spell (Smoky Mountain Dragons, #2)
  • Harvest Spell (Smoky Mountain Dragons, #3)
  • Samhain Spell (Smoky Mountain Dragons, #4)
  • Yule Spell (Smoky Mountain Dragons, #5)