Start by marking “Malorie” as Want to Read:
Malorie

Malorie

(Bird Box #2)

In the thrilling sequel to Bird Box, the inspiration for the record-breaking Netflix film that starred Sandra Bullock and absolutely riveted Stephen King, New York Times bestselling author Josh Malerman brings unseen horrors to life.

The film adaptation of Malermans first novel, Bird Box, was watched by over forty-five million Netflix accounts in the first week, the best
Expected publication: July 21st 2020 by Del Rey Books (first published May 19th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Malorie, please sign up.
Nina whats any sequel's point?to go on with the storyline, to develop the world, to satisfy its fans with more wonderful stories. if everyone thought like…morewhats any sequel's point?to go on with the storyline, to develop the world, to satisfy its fans with more wonderful stories. if everyone thought like you, they'd be no chamber of secret, no catching fire, no two towers and more. don't you want one of your favourite books to have a sequel?(less)
Robert Read the story. Was enthralled by the tale. Malorie's journey ended. "Bird Box Revisited" is so Malerman can buy a Bentley instead of a Mercedes.

Start your review of Malorie
karen
well, look at this!

wait, no - i mean DON'T look at this. AAAAAAAAHHHHH COVER YOUR DAMN EYES!!!!

review to come!
Jonathan Janz
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MALORIE: A BIRD BOX NOVEL Review

The version I read was a pre-ARC file that Josh received from his editor, but judging from the file, I believe this will be the final version of the novel.

And what a novel it is.

My objectives with this pseudo-review are twofold:

a) I want to avoid any and all spoilers. The last thing I want to do is ruin this experience for any of you.

b) Id like to share my feelings about the book as clearly as I can.

So with the above two objectives in mind, Ive created a
Charlotte May
Mar 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
This is...unexpected??
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Totally and completely wrecked in the best way possible. This was the sequel we never knew we desperately needed. More to come!!
Konstantin
Mar 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So Atwood and Malerman are both preparing unlikely sequels and both are scheduled to be published this fall?

Uhm, yes please.
Samantha Nicole
Apr 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
I am so conflicted on this... Bird Box works so well as a standalone, I don't know where the story could continue from where it ended. 😬
Tucker
Apr 17, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
FanFiAddict
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 10/10

Thanks to the publisher and author for an advance reading copy of Malorie (Bird Box #2) for review consideration. This did not influence my thoughts or opinions.

Malorie is simply put, breathtaking. We dont deserve her at all. Malerman owes us absolutely nothing and has given us everything. Beautifully written and emotionally gripping; a quintessential sequel.

I have been attempting to wrap my head around what I want to convey to you guys in my review for a couple of days now. There
Mindi
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow soon...
Cassandra
This better explain why Malorie is the way that she is
Jamie
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A few years ago while browsing the Staff Recommendations section at my local bookstore, one of the employees approached me and asked about my interests. When I mentioned I loved to be scared, he asked, Have you read BIRD BOX? I was sold after a quick synopsis and mention of Josh Malerman being from Michigan. Looking back, Im so grateful for that encounter, as it led to a new favorite author and many more fantastic reads.

Why am I starting this review by telling you about Bird Box first? For a
Jannelies
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow.
Liviu Szoke
Let's say almost close to perfection or almost as good as Bird Box, which was stunning. So, a 4.5 stars from me.
I could say I was expecting the final, although is still surprised me a lot. And in a good way.
I wasn't expecting the huge surprize that comes near the end, this I can recognise it.
So, the atmosphere is still there, also the chill and the suspense. The children are teens now, the creatures are creepier than ever, the love, the cries, the worries, the folds, the journey, another
Elyse
Boooo now it's a 2020 release!! :( But available to preorder from Audible! *done*
Aimal (Bookshelves & Paperbacks)
A SEQUEL??????????????
Court Garris
Why does the synopsis drone on and on about the success of the Netflix film...... sometimes it seems as if authors simply write a sequel because all of a sudden a bunch of people watch a movie or show. Birdbox was an awesome book, I loved it, and now I am afraid this will ruin it. Malerman is a great writer so hopefully this will make the story richer. Fingers crossed.
Phúc Duy
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tác giả tạo được không khí căng thẳng trong suốt cả mạch truyện, những câu văn ngắn, đứt quãng càng khiến cho suy nghĩ nhân vật hiện rõ, điên cuồng, làm mình như cảm thấy được cảm giác ngột ngạt sợ hãi, nhiều đoạn đọc mà thấy như cổ họng nghẹn lại. Nhưng điểm trừ là việc tác giả quá lạm dụng cách viết này, khiến cho mạch văn ko lưu loát, nhưng dù sao tp cũng là một quyển sách đáng đọc, đề cao tình mẫu tử, nỗi sợ vô hình của con người
BONUS: Còn 100 trang cuối đọc quá cuốn, một mạch hai tiếng hết
Leslie
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Josh Malerman's Birdbox is full of mounting dread and paranoia that forces you to compulsively read until its truly horrifying ending. Malorie, which takes place 12 years after the end of Birdbox, begins much the same but quickly starts to feel different. Where Birdbox races at a break neck pace, Malorie allows the reader a (slightly) more leisurely pace. Relax. Enjoy the journey. There's still terror to be found to be sure. However, there's a lot more hope and the promise of a better future, a ...more
Vernice
Jan 19, 2020 marked it as shortlist  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: published-2020
I'm sorry what???

I loved Bird Box but hated Black Mad Wheel... and Bird Box ended so perfectly IMO... not sure if this'll spoil that for me but of course I need to read it!
Kathi Rauscher
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Just when you thought it had ended. This, to me, gave more on-site to Malorie. A great suspenseful edge of your seat read.
Annamaria
POPSUGAR Reading Challenge: A book with a character with a vision impairment or enhancement
Sofia Traba mendez

• 愚者のエンドロール [Gusha no Endorōru]
  • And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini - Expert Book Review & Analysis
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Miscreations: Gods, Monstrosities & Other Horrors
  • The Hungry Ones (The Messy Man #2)
  • A Voice So Soft
  • Shock Totem 11: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Chrzest ognia (Saga o Wiedźminie, #3)
  • Imaginary Friend
Josh Malerman is the author of BIRD BOX and the singer/songwriter for the band THE HIGH STRUNG.

Bird Box (2 books)
  • Bird Box (Bird Box, #1)

Articles featuring this book

Flowers, birds, and sunshine all return in the spring, and so do many of our favorite book series with their next installments. Some of this sea...