Start by marking “Fighting the Blaze (Fire and Fury, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fighting the Blaze (Fire and Fury, #4)

Fighting the Blaze

(Fire and Fury #4)

Brandi Turner has spent her entire life being the good girl. Good grades. Church every Sunday. Responsible alcohol use and never anything stronger. Certainly no one-night stands. Brandi has become an expert at playing it safe.

Ian Hodges (a.k.a. Blaze) has never muttered a truthful word in his existence. He's pompous, arrogant, and never beds the same woman twice. He’s a r
Published April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Fighting the Blaze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting the Blaze

Start your review of Fighting the Blaze (Fire and Fury, #4)
Candace Tidwell
Shelves: favorites
" PRICE CHECK! " Avery I laughed so hard while reading this I nearly peed myself!

Sorry readers I could not start this review without dropping Avery that line. You may not get it, right now, but you will...WHEN YOU BUY THE BOOK!
I received this book as an ARC and in exchange I'm going tell you how incredible this storyline is. Before I proceed, if you have not read the previous books STOP WHERE YOU ARE AND DO NOT PASS GO! Read the previous 4 books then you may come back here read about Fighting th
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#BlazeBelongsToMari

It feels like I’ve waited years for my man’s story. Now it’s finally here and all I’m complaining about is that it’s over.

I have never wanted to read a book for the first time again like I did with this one. It’s that good.

Ian Hodges is more than meets the eye, not your average bad boy bum. Hell no. He’s a survivor, a warrior, a loyal partner to anyone. I’m so happy he got his HEA. He of all characters deserved it.

Brandi, what can I say, I’m jealous af that she gets to fict
Heather Dee
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book !
Its a first from this author for me but I have to say she has found herself a new fan in me omg 😲 loved it ...
This book can be a standalone as past books have been explained in the start of this book but personally I think I should have read the others first but I will be remeding that asap !
Definitely a five star read absolutely enjoyed the whole book 📚
Deb Cechak
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fighting the BLAZE Burning Within Her!

This book NEEDS At least 20 STARS!

“I told you that you were locked in a cell, but it was me who was imprisoned. My cold heart had been locked up so goddamn tight, it took your warmth and light to lead me out.”

And that is what Avery Kingston does in this, book four in her Fire and Fury series, Fighting the Blaze. She shares her warmth and light to lead us to the lives of characters we can never forget. She burrows in and keeps us safe, when all hell is breaki
Mandy  Smith
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story. Blaze gave Scott a run for his money as a fabulous book boyfriend! 😁 I really enjoyed Brandi and Blazes dynamics, opposites attract, ying and yang kinda thing. I liked seeing them both open up and learn from each other. That twist toward the end was fantastic!!! You guys have got to check out this book but start at the first in the series Chasing Fire. These are a great set of characters w/ unique story lines! Must reads. Loved this one as well.❤️
Stefanie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to Ian (Blazes) story for a long time. Avery brought Ian to the front and center and made him real. He is everything and more. I've had a couple of days to process how good Ian's story is. You understand why he got to be the man he is today. I was blown away with the intensity, heartbreak end angst that was Ian Hodges.
I loved Brandi and everything she went through up until then, you could see tbe vulnerability that is always there.. I loved seeing her let loose with
Nina Wiegand
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could hardly wait for the story of Blaze. But the waiting was well worth it. I already fell in love with Blaze in Scotts and Toris story and I recommend to read these books first.

The story of Blaze and Brandi shows that two people who seemed to have nothing in common can overcome prejudices and assumptions and learn a lot about themselves on the way. The story is about discovering the depths of someones hurt and trying to heal and mend the scars of the past which are well hidden in totally dif
Erin Figueiredo
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly Hot and Amazing 🔥🔥🔥🔥

This was an amazingly intense panty melting story! It was so passionate and so full of burning love. I was on fire reading it.

I absolutely loved the storyline and the main characters. The relationship roller coaster ride throughout is so remarkable and well written. I was cheering everyone on. Ian and Brandi have such intense feelings for each other and when they are together it is explosive! 💥

The writing is terrific and pulls you in right from the start. Everyone
Annabelle Costa
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favorite book of Avery Kingston so far. She just gets better and better! In this one, we finally get to hear Blaze’s story. And I’ve always loved Brandi through the series, so it was absolutely perfect to match the two of them up. I love enemies to friends romances, and this one didn’t disappoint. And the twist at the end was so great. I really loved this book!
Cat Kelley
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't give 5-star reviews. 5 is perfect and I'm convinced there is no such thing as perfect. Well, I was wrong. This was perfect! It had absolutely everything required for the ultimate HEA story. First, it had Scott and Tori and we all know how great that is. We had a perfect wedding; one I wish I had attended. Then we have a happy go lucky main man with a sad history which he's had to overcome to get where he is. Next is the high school sweetheart who was still in love. Add in several sad sto ...more
Ida Jolley
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brandi and Blaze didn’t seem like a couple who would get along very well at first. She was like a goody two shoe girl, prude, a rule follower, straight laced. And Blaze was the bad boy who was always doing something devilish, pushing your buttons, wanting to see how far she would go. No rules at all. The free bird. Love em and leave em. But there was something about Brandi he did like, and she was beautiful, so he was going to see how far he could get with her.
They made a deal to spend a week to
Sarah Smith
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite romance tropes and Avery did an incredible job weaving this love story between bad boy Blaze and good girl Brandi.

If you've read Avery's amazing Fire And Fury Series, then you know Blaze very well! I admit, I didn't see Blaze as much more than comic relief in the previous three books. But when I read his story, I fell for him immediately. Behind all his random hookups, houseboat life, and smartass sense of humor is a truly good guy
Shelby
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
Man, Blaze totally won my heart. I loved meeting him earlier in the series and was so glad he got his own book. Blaze was such a fantastic guy...regardless of his reputation, his cockiness, and playboy ways, I could tell that the real Ian was still under there somewhere, even though he never let people see it. I was excited to get underneath all of that stuff to get to the real him. He was so well written and developed as a character that he kept surprising me in the best ways. He made the perfe ...more
sarah
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need me a Blaze

Oh my goodness, let me just take a minute and fan myself. I've read the entire Fire and Fury Series and this one for sure takes the cake. I've been waiting to read Blaze's story since we met him in the first book.

Ian Hodges, Blaze, is the bad boy with an even worse past. Because of his heart being obliterated by his wife while he was trying to recover from his military injuries he'd sworn of love. Sex? Oh sex he loved and was good at it. But when he's drunk and makes a bet with
Heather  Red Hatter Book Blog
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who says opposites don't attract?? That is just absurd, because let me tell you in this book they definitely attract and the attraction is off the charts. We get Blaze and Brandi's story in this book.

There is so much more to Ian " Blaze" Hodges than meets the eye. You are led to believe he is a beach bum who sits around getting high all the time. That is so far from the truth it isn't funny. He is loyal, trustworthy, and has a heart bigger than most. Yes he has had a very tough few years, but h
Christina Youngren
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a journey. I feel like I just rode one of Blaze’s waves that took me on a emotional, thrilling and truly awesome ride. This book is such a mixture of sorrow, laughter,love and about two people finding themselves and letting go. Both healing from their pasts Blaze and Brandie take a journey most of us wouldn’t dare to take and come out with something truly special in the end. There is a lot of bumps along the way, but the ride is well worth it. I had a feel this book would be amazing and ...more
D.K. Marie
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this book more than five stars. It is everything I love about romance: imperfect and compelling characters, steamy chemistry, and a dash of humor.
Blaze (Ian) and Brandi visited in the other books of the Fire and Fury series, and while I found them interesting and amusing, I wasn't prepared for how hard I fell for them.

Avery's series is meant to be read in order, but for this one isn't necessary. You won't be confused, nor will it give away much of the other books.

If you re
Jess
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG

This was one of the most unexpected delights I’ve read in a long time. I say that because I HATE third person and almost didn’t read this because of it. I’m soooooo glad I did. I met the author at a booksigning and she sold me on this one. I even bought the paperback before I read this one. It was easily the most heartwarming book I’ve read in a while. Gritty, sweet, sad, and beautiful all wrapped up in one blazing bow. Bravo Ms. Kingston! ♥️
Brooke B.
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Avery always leaves me wanting more with every single book she writes. I got so lost in this one I almost missed a flight. This story is amazing and not what I expected at all. The ending......WOW what a surprise. Now to decide who I’m in love with more. Scott or Blaze? 🔥
Crystal
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book
Denise Scott
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow ! What a great story that shows that you can’t judge a book by its cover . Our past tend to guide us with what we show others of our true self . Beautifully written and the story draws you in.
Kari
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love reading Blaze’s book. Lots of typical Blaze moments. But then he finds his path which holds a few surprises.
jennet wheatstonelllsl Proc
May 03, 2019
Nichole
Oct 31, 2019
Tina
rated it did not like it
May 28, 2019
Jacqueline
May 03, 2019
Mikhaela
Apr 30, 2019

• Titan (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Bohemian Patience (Traveler, #3)
  • Smug Bastard
  • Rich Prick: A Shy Girl Bad Boy Sports Romance
  • Bohemian Mark (Traveler, #2)
  • Cocksure Ace (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Through the Lens
  • Unsupervised (Slumming It, #1)
  • Fateful Fighter (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • Dirty Laundry (Get Dirty, #2)
  • Keeping Lily (Disciples, #1)
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Reclaim (Redemption #1)
  • Dirty Secrets (Get Dirty #4)
  • A Piece of Heaven (Allendale Four, #1)
  • Seventh Heaven (The Allendale Four #4)
Avery Kingston writes sexy, emotional romance featuring wounded characters at a high heat level.

Avery is a wife to a man who’s demons play well with hers. Mom to a slew of crazy kids. Dog lover. Crazy cat lady. Artist. Free spirit. Lover of unusual beauty. Fitness junkie. Collector of boots and fonts. Angsty drama addict and avid wearer of yoga pants.

Avery is a military wife and a sucker for a go

Fire and Fury (4 books)
  • Chasing Fire (Fire and Fury, #1)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Fire and Fury, #2)
  • Burn for You (Fire and Fury, #3)