Start by marking “Let There Be Light (Twin Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Let There Be Light (Twin Hearts, #1)

Let There Be Light

(Twin Hearts #1)

His world was water and rhythm. Hard work and drive kept Royal O'Connell one step ahead of his competition. His spot on the swim team, keeping his scholarship, was the only plan that mattered.

His world was ebony and ivory. Natural talent and ambition set Camden Morgan apart from the other music majors. His dedication scoring him a full ride.

Normally, their paths would ha
Published March 22nd 2019 by A.M. Johnson Books (first published November 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Let There Be Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let There Be Light

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Everything was too much and not enough. He could paint those tiny circles on my skin and I'd be content to stand in this very spot until the sun came up. He could ask me to leave, and I'd hope to see him tomorrow. He could kiss me until I could no longer feel my lips and I'd ask for more.

Beautifully written, with strong main and secondary characters, Let There Be Light is a story about friendship, family, and the love we find when we're least expecting it.

Royal and Camden are opposites: Ro
Nazanin
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2018
4.25 Blue & Red … & Pink Stars

Love sinks its teeth into your heart, and you’ll do anything to be its victim.

Most of the times in my reviews I talk about what I didn’t like in the book but this time I want to tell you why I loved it!

Well, the MCs! They were perfection! You just can't not love them! They were in sync with each other, so perfect for/to each other!

Royal, he was too many instruments all in one, too many intricate notes, and I needed more time to hear each one.

Camden was a mys
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live amazon https://www.amazon.com/There-Light-Tw...

5 sweet stars

My heart *sigh* Such a beautiful, heartwarming and sweet story.I loved it so much.The writing was flawless and in some parts poetic.

description

The romance between Royal and Camden was lovely.These two stole my heart and I have a smile in my face most of the time.They make my heart aching and swooning for them.

Let There Be Light is a must read, prepare your heart because these boys are going to make you fall in love with them.

Lyn
Audio - 5+++ stars
Story - 5 Beautifully Romantic stars!!!
Sanaa Z.
5 stars.

He created music and I bent water. We were talent in all its forms wrapped inside flesh and bone.

Every once in a while when you start a book you just know it's going to be an amazing read. This is that book because I absolutely loved it. It's my first one by A.M. Johnson and wow can she write. Let There Be Light was magical, heartwarming, beautiful. Royal and Camden made you swoon, smile and fall in love. They made you believe. The secondary characters were just as amazing
Bookreader87(Amanda)
CURRENTLY FREE ON AMAZON 5/22/19

I liked these two together.
Camden: Quite and reserved sees the world through music.
Royal: Friendly, understanding and kind. He is open-hearted and really sees people for who they are.
Royal is drawn to Camden and Camden to him.
The burn is slow but when it ignites it is lovely.
Their relationship is not easy.
Camden struggles with the voices in his head put their by his parents.
And they both worry about what their relationship will cost them.
However, they never waiv
Karla
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars!

This was such a beautiful heartfelt and sweet story it really stole my heart. I was so nervous to start this book because I've been having such a hard time finding m/m that hold my interest. Anyway, after a few pages, I knew I would enjoy this one.

I was impressed by the writing which made Royal and Camden love so captivating and beautiful. There was something so special about these guys the way they fell in love. They were so different not just personalities but their upbringing. Reg
Priya
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 🌟
Firstly the cover is beyond Gorgeous, plain and simple yet beautiful and comforting.

Now Ask me 'how was this book?'
My ans :- Gaaaahhhhh!!! so the story begins ahshdkdkfkgjdhwjd Gahhh!! JUST READ IT!!
this book has left me a blabbering mess, and whenever I am talking about this book, I just don't have enough words to describe, I mean i want to say too much still speechless. This author has a magical writing and you get pulled into the story and can't stop turning the pages. I didn't sleep just
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Beautiful.

Where did this book even come from?

There is no way I can even try to form a coherent review right now when all I want to do is start the book all over again.

Everyone should be reading this book. Really guys, go read this book.

I am just absolutely head over heels in love with this story. Every single emotion happened to me and at times I was just so overcome with joy and fear and pain and all of it just felt good. Misty eyes and all.

The writing was lyrical and visual and I was just swe
Malene
Let There Be Light is a beautiful and honest coming of age m/m romance. Royal, his twin sister Indie, Camden and Kai are some pretty remarkable characters. They wormed their way into my heart immediately. This story has so much heart and deals with real life issues. Sexuality, coming out and acceptance.

The relationship between the twins Royal and Indie is so special. I enjoyed every moment of them together. These two and their families are all about embracing one another and their differences.
Gabriella (Gabi)
I would like to recommend this book to those who are just venturing into the MM romance genre. It is a beautiful book, with beautiful writing, I think the music helped with that a lot. Slow-burn romance in college setting; coming out; a side of homophobia and bad parenting on one side. Royal's parents however are very accepting and understanding. I did tear up a few times, but unfortunately this isn't something I haven't read before a few times. I wouldn't go far as to say I was bored, or the st ...more
Zilpha Owens
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love in all its forms is precious. Let There Be Light deals with love that, in some eyes, is forbidden and unacceptable. A.M. Johnson’s prose is lyrical and smooth and elegantly gentle and I immediately got lost in her storytelling. I could picture everything she was writing and feel every emotion she was conveying.

A story about young adults coming of age, adjusting to college life, making friends, falling in love - Camden and Royal are beautiful souls. Trying to figure out who you are is hard
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
What can you say right after your heart had been stolen? What can you say right after a book took over your life? What can you say right after you met the most unique boys ever? What can you say right after one of your favorite authors put another masterpiece on your table?

You know what can you say? Nothing. Because finishing this book means silence. Perfect stillness. Quiet cherishing of the beautiful experience.

A.M. Johnson is one of those authors who can write anything, it will turn out utt
A.M. Johnson
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
IT's LIVE

𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝑩𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝑳𝑰𝑽𝑬--> http://bit.ly/LTBLUS

"Beautiful, soul-searing story. You can help but fall in love with both boys." Stephanie Rose, Author

Here's the lowdown:
✔Coming of Age MM Romance
✔LIVE LIVE LIVE
Cindy M. Green
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great coming of age story! I loved it ❤
The characters were honest and real. The story was simply beautiful. I can't wait for Kai and Indigo's story.
Autumn Grey
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
My life is one happy sigh at the moment. I finished reading this story last night and I loved it so much.
Sometimes we don't look for love. It finds us, conquers our hearts and fights to stay. This is the case with Camden and Royal. From the moment they meet, their life changes, molding around this feeling of discovering who they are, who the other person is. And why their hearts race a little faster whenever they are in the same room, despite the society telling them it's wrong to be attracted
book bruin
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely and utterly beautiful. Let There Be Light is a stunningly honest and extraordinary coming of age romance. AM Johnson's words will captivate you and make your heart sing. I am constantly in awe of the poetry and magic she creates on the page and it was no different in Let There Be Light.

Royal and Camden's story hooked me right from the start and didn't let go. There was so much beauty and tenderness in the vulnerability these characters displayed. The excitement, confusion, joy, and he
Bev
***Audio Review***

Fantastic audio interpretation of this story from the always fabulous Teddy Hamilton and new-to-me narrator Aaron Shedlock. There was some unnecessary drama in the story which didn't make much sense to me [Uncle], AND of course the entirely predictable ubiquitous hate crime by an absolute pig of a jealous swimming jock. An almost lyrical quality to some of the writing, but I did like Royal and Camden, and am going on to read Seven Shades of You...gasps 😱 an m/f read, which is t
Na
"If I was a cage, then Royal was the key."

You know that moment, when you start a new book and suddenly realize that this is going to be something special? That moment hit me right after the first few pages. Let There Be Light is like no other book I've ever read. And I've read a lot over the last three years. It truly is something special!

"The shape of his face was made up of shadows and stark angles, serious, as he whispered, " You're kind of perfect.""

All characters in this book are enigmas, e
N.M. Pratt
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so thankful for the minimal amount of angst in this book.

I love m/m more than any other genre of book but it’s hard to find one that isn’t riddled with drama.

This book was the perfect mix of love, lust and the struggle of coming out in a world not ready for equality. I’m so happy this book exists and I will hold Camden and Royal in my heart forever. 5 stars!
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
description

Just like Camden’s notes, Amanda’s words flow beautifully. There are no words to describe how her words made me feel. Just one chapter and I knew it—I knew that this book was going to own my heart ♥.

For the ones who haven’t read an M/M book before. Be brave. Take risks. Be different. Because nothing can replace the experience. The feelings! Thank you, Amanda, for opening my eyes to a new genre—for getting me out of my comfort zone.

I need Indie and Kai’s story ASAP!

description

You can find me here: INSTAGRAM
Joyce Mercês
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018

Heartfelt and sweet.

A.M. Johnson is on a special list of mine called "Favorite Authors". She writes beautifully and always presents us with a genuine narrative. From page one I knew LTBL was going to be amazing. Spoiler alert: it was even better!

Royal and Camden's love story is precious. Their connection, the slow burn, their firsts, it was all flawless. Seeing them falling in love and fighting for who they are, made this one of my favorite reads of this year.

The secondary characters were as cap
Sarah/DragonflyReads
 photo C31634D8-1F2A-45C2-887C-326BDD473DF1.jpg

One of the most stunning stories I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading is now live! LET THERE BE LIGHT is book 1 in AM Johnson’s Twin Hearts Duet (no cliffhanger) and it follows Royal and Camden. Their coming of age story is poetic and powerful as they learn who they are and what they want. And what they’ll overcome to get it! I don’t know how she does it, but AM Johnson pulls out all the stops and tugs at my heart more and more with each book.
Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this and other Reviews I have written along with various cover reveals, excerpts, and giveaways here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

A.M. Johnson is a new to me author but I loved this book so much I have already added some of her other books to my TBR shelf and purchased one already. Let There Be Light was Simply Exquisite, an Absolute Wonderful Read!!! I fell in love with not only the two main characters but also a lot of the secondary characters as well. Which is why I bought Declan
Pam Nelson
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was sweet and the connection between the main characters was sweet. I enjoyed it, but it didn’t blow me away.
The sibling connection was great. And their parents are the kind of parents everyone should have. They were awesome.
Camden, on the other hand, doesn’t have it so easy and he is a quiet kind of guy but Royal really brought him out of his shell again it was a sweet story and I enjoyed the journey. If you are new to MM this is the story for you.
I am hoping we get Royal’s sister
Kylee
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are sometimes that I find myself scared to write a review and this is one of them. This book was so exceptionally amazing that it worries me that my words may not do this book sufficient justice, that what I say may detract from how breathtaking this book truly is. Let There Be Light was a book that seeped into your veins, it stole your heart, claimed your soul and took you to a place of such emotion that it is hard to put into words. Royal and Camden's story is like watching baby birds le ...more
Lozzie
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let There Be Light by A.M. Johnson is a beautiful story about love, identity and sexuality, and complicated relationships. This story truly touched my heart, and being able to experience Royal’s and Camden’s story literally felt like a privilege not to be taken advantage of.
Let There Be Light touches on some sensitive issues. It touches on identity, on who to truly be and the daunting felling of being your own person and figuring out what you want or who you want to be in the future. It also to
Anna
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let There Be Light is a beautiful story that takes you through the journey of Royal and Camden's love. Faced with a love that is considered wrong in the eyes of many, they bring you to tears showing us that Love is Love and it doesn't matter who you love. When it's real it's beautiful.

Royal's parents we meet in the first book of the Avenues Ink Series, Possession. Their story was beautiful and emotional, and getting to see their son and see what an amazing man he has turned out to be also broug
Stephanie Rose
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, soul-searing story. You can help but fall in love with both boys: Royal's courage in his uncertainty, Camden's yearning to break out of his solitude and the amazing way they complete each other. It was great to see the O'Connell family strong and solid, and so loving I teared up a couple of times. I'll never forget Royal and Camden.
Coco.V
May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/23/2019)! 🎁
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Raze (Riven, #3)
  • Tru Burn (Ember Peak, #2)
  • In This Iron Ground (Natural Magic #1)
  • Strictly Professional
  • Heavy Hitters (Caribbean Tales, #3)
  • Rent
  • End Goal (Harris Brothers, #3.5)
  • Pictures of You  (‘90s Coming of Age, #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Scars and Ruin (Loose Ends, #2)
  • The Fine Art of Faking It (Blue Moon, #6)
  • What It Looks Like
  • Object of Desire
  • Kyle (Legacy Ranch, #1)
  • Echoes of Us
  • Faking Perfection
  • That Feeling When (#lovehim, #1)
  • Sunset Lake
A.M. Johnson lives in Utah with her family where she works as a full-time nurse. If she’s not busy with her three munchkins, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard. She loves romance and all things passionate. Amanda enjoys exploring all genres and bringing life to the human experience.

Twin Hearts (2 books)
  • Seven Shades of You (Twin Hearts, #2)
“Love sinks its teeth into your heart, and you’ll do anything to be its victim.” 2 likes
“This world is such a big place, and most of the time we never find the people we’re looking for. People look all their lives for the one person who understands their heart. We search, and hope, and I think… it’s a blessed few who find it on their first try.” 2 likes