Start by marking “Deadly Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit #4)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit #4)

Deadly Protector

(Federal Paranormal Unit #4)

***THIS BOOK IS A STANDALONE***

Katrina Mejia knows she has to prove herself. As the newest member of the Federal Paranormal Unit, she’s in a whole new world. She needs a lot of field time to get up to speed and is happy to take on any case. She’d also like more information on tall, dark and broody who makes her heart skip a beat and her panties shrivel into nothing.

Hun
Published March 20th 2019 by Latin Goddess Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Protector

Start your review of Deadly Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit #4)
 Rosebud
Being the newest member of Federal Paranormal Unit (FBU), Katrina Mejia knows she's going to have to prove herself, especially when she's assigned to a high profile high stakes case.

With the profile of previously abducted women by a mad man resemble Katrina's own looks, she's set up to serve as bait with fellow FBU operative Hunter Cross serving as her back up. Hunter, the reclusive grumpy standoffish member of the team who can fade into the shadows like a chameleon.

Things get complicated when
Tena Barnes
Another great book by Milly Taiden

I just love the way Hunter just didn't want a mate. But of course you can not deny your mate no matter how long or how hard you try. Kate was I smart and intelligent young lady. And what they go through guess the windup mated. I can't wait until Oz book
Florence
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good action packed and suspenseful... Cross and Kat's chemistry was very intense both fighting a losing battle against fate... ...more
Sandy
Great as always

Molly Taiden keeps you reading and waiting for the next book. This book had a sexy Dragon shifter fighting against admitting he found his mate, to fighting to keep her.
Mandy Parmenter
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Federal Paranormal Unit has a new member in Katrina Mejia and she knows she will need to prove herself against the more established members of the team. She is also wondering who the guy who hides in the corner looking all tall, dark and broody because he makes her heart skip a beat. Dragon shifter Hunter Cross likes working undercover where he can stay away from people and any emotional attachments - he is also adamant that he is not interested in finding a mate as that is a complication he ...more
Sue
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sassy woman and a dragon shifter create music together…..
Katrina has always wanted to be a part of the Protection Agency [PNR], she loves her new job which is a perfect fit for her personality and her demeanour. Hunter has never been a man that ever thought he would have or even want a mate until he met the female Katarina, his Dragon half wanted her with a fierce fire and dominance and as had as he fought the pull in the end love conquers even the strongest reserves.
As they are assigned to wo
Amy Ariyoshi
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Good...until the ending

This was another book to a series I had read prior and honestly thought was done. The other books were good, so decided to read this one.
This installment is about Kat and Hunter. Kat is new and as been assigned to work a kidnapping case. Hunter is a seasoned undercover who is brought into this case, although it’s never really explained why.
The first 60% of this book is good. You get into both parts of the story, the kidnappings and Hunter fighting his attraction to his fa
Nikki Brooks
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kat is the newest member of the FPU but she is already making an impact, especially on Hunter. He knows they are mates but can he convince Kat to take a chance on him?

An abductor is taking females with an uncanny resemblance to kat. She sets herself up as bait and Hunter has conflicting feelings. He wants to protect his mate but also knows she is the key to cracking the case. She has her own skills and talents, but can he keep his inner caveman under control?

Hunter's dragon is unhappy with his
Linda
This is Book 4 in the Federal Paranormal Unit series. I really enjoyed reading this book. It is a stand-alone book, so you don’t have to read the others in the series.
Katrina is the newest member of the unit and she knows she has a lot to do to catch up with the other members. She meets Hunter, who is part of the unit, but he mainly works undercover. There’s a madman abducting women and Kat is going to be the undercover person now. Wow! There’s a lot going on and you are going to want to read th
Cheri
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PNR protection agency is what Katrina has always wanted to be a part of. She has special skills that make her a perfect fit and loves her new job--that is--until she meets Hunter and even has to work with him. He's cocky, moody and she can't resist him. She has to try.

Hunter never wanted a mate. Never planned to have one--until Katrina showed up in his life. His dragon tore at him to get out to her. He fought hard to stay away.

Then they are assigned to the same dangerous case. So far 10 young w
Tamara
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this book you see some new faces join the Federal Paranormal Unit as well as some new paranormal creatures make appearances. Kat is the newest member of the team and eager to make her mark. Her talent is quite unique and makes for some interesting scenes. Hunter is the ultimate loner, determined to do things his own way. But his attraction to Kat just can't be avoided and he'll do whatever it takes to protect her and make her his. The case they are working on will leave you guessing until the ...more
Tabi Ann
Love me some Dragon

Once again the author shot it out of the park with a book you just couldn't put down. How many times is it gona take for a man to realize that he can't beat fate?

This book was different than most, this man will fight it till the end. I think making the mating wait, gets the reader more into the book, because you never know whether or not this time something will happen. Just because they always end HEA doesn't mean I can't imagine just once it won't. Lol

Can't wait to read mor
Gwendolyn Thaggard
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Katrina is the new to the FPU.
She's eager.
Full of questions.
And wants to prove herself.
She's put on a high profile missing persons case.
No pressure right.
Slight complication.
One of her coworkers has been giving her major cold shoulder duty.
Which doesn't really fit because he's a hot blooded dragon shifter.
Hunter is a loner.
Doesn't work well others.
And not interested in a mate.
That is until Katrina goes undercover and is abducted.
Hunters mating instinct kicks in immediately.

I received an advanced
Monica
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really like this series but this was kind of disappointing. Just some inconsistencies between characters and the story. I liked them both but there was no time spent together til the end. I get Hunter not wanting a mate but that was quite the 180 for him so fast I just couldn't buy them as a couple. It was rushed and sloppy at the end. These characters deserved better but that's just me I guess. The plot of the story was disappointing too. Just seemed too simple and over too soon. Way too easy ...more
Lory
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a enjoyable and entertaining read. With interesting plot, fun characters, plenty of action, intrigue, suspense, and of course steamy romance to keep you hooked from beginning to end. So looking forward to seeing what else is in store for this series. I received a free copy via Booksprout I voluntarily read and review this ARC no monetary compensation was received the opinions I have expressed are my own.
Allison Gill
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Book Lovers
3.6 Stars
I have enjoyed this series and really liked this book.
The only reason I did not give it a higher rating is that the ending collapsed for me. It just felt like, bang I've hit my word number so that's the end. That's not exactly how it ended but just how rushed I felt the ending was.
The characters and the stories that continued from the other books was really well blended into this book.
Lara Olson
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Not really romantic

The hero and heroine had zero chemistry, and most of the book was him just ranting about how much he disliked being paired with her. The whole thing felt rushed, with no real reason for the two to even be friends, let alone love each other.

All the sex and love is just crammed into the last chapter and a half of the book, with a giant awkward deus ex machina to try and gloss over that there was zero build up to anything.
BreRile
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Kat & Hunter

I can stay the books in their series are getting better. Hunter is a member of FPU but usually works undercover. Kat is the newest edition to the unit and eager to prove herself. Everyone but Kat knows Hunter is her mate. He doesn't believe in mates at least for himself and ignores her. When her undercover work brings his past to the present, he'll do anything to keep her alive.
Rosa Maria Garcia
Another Great Hit

Loved It! The story was exciting and kept your attention from beginning to end just as the previous ones. It has adventure, action, mystery, villains, passion, a strong curvy woman, and steamy hot romance with awesome characters. This book will not disappoint in any way and waiting anxiously for more books to come?
Melvena Asa
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so exciting it kept my on the edge of my seat and my knuckles white because I was gripping my kindle so hard. Definitely one you don't want to pass by . Excellent work. Milly Taiden. Now get besy with the next one I cannot wait to see who is next.

I recieved this book for free for a honest review. via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Brenda Coates
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hunter, yum,yum.  Another in this series with a five star rating. You get habanero hotness, danger and intrigue.  Ms Taiden can whip all that together and give us a easy flowing, fast paced read. One click and immerse yourself in Kat and Hunter's story.  I volunteered to read and review an advance reader copy.

Donna
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Protector is everything you expect from a Milly Taiden story. Katrina is the new guy and a type of clairvoyant when she gets her first case she is determined to shine. Sadly they have partnered her with the hot, hunky and very grumpy dragon shifter who has decided she is his mate even though he doesn’t want a mate. Action, adventure and love. A truly fun read.
susan peterson
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Protector

Molly you are one of my favorite authors. This book was fantastic ! Couldn't put it down until I finished the entire book. The plot line was fantastic, and I read every single paragraph.
Keep up the great writing Milly, because I'm hooked on all your writing.
Edith
HOT!

I loved that this book ended with a "BANG"! Milly Taiden always delights her readers and delivers strong beautiful female heroes with unabashedly hawt males! This is another such story and for Paranormal romance readers she is a must read!
Whispers From
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kat is new the the Paranormal Unit and her first case is missing women who appear to have nothing in common. Hunter is a dragon shifter and loner. He has been doing undercover work and is brought in for this case. He realizes Kat is his mate but he ignores it. Kat goes undercover and then gets taken, Hunter will do whatever is necessary to get his mate back.
Suspense, sex, and shifters. A little confusing at first but smooths out pretty quick. The sex is smoking but at the end of the story. I lov
Suszet Roberts
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok

The sparks flew for Hunter and Kat, I loved how he tried to fight his feelings. In the end he was able to get over his hesitation and man on man, the chemistry went out of this world
Shyla Wright
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every Milly Taiden book becomes my favorite. Deadly Protector is a fast paced, action packed, shifters, and falling in love kinda book. Its everything you could want in a book plus more. Hurry up and grab this captivating read.
Carmen  Torres
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Milly Taiden is so phenomenal. This one brings new faces to theF.P.U. and the the drama,steamy love is off the charts. When Fate hands you your Soul Mate what do you do? You protect at all cost. But will his effort be enough to save her. Awesome must read.
Haylee James
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How could you not love this book, it's a sexy guy with a dark past, a smart and strong woman, and to top it off dragons. I love the details in this book, I couldn't stop reading it. This book is easy to read and is completely amazing. I recommend this book to everyone. ...more
Heidi
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
whilst I love the author and the series this book didn't quite live up to the others it felt tad bit rushed and the scene with baddies and kidnapped women.

But I did think Katrina was awesome and Hunter very yummy they are hot together.

3 Out Of 5 Hearts From Cariad Books

• Stone Cold Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit / Dragon Guard, #38)
  • Max (Club Crimson, #1)
  • Lock (Club Crimson, #2)
  • Benny (Club Crimson, #3)
  • Savage Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit / Dragon Guard, #44)
  • Bull in a Tea Shop (Bodyguard Shifters, #5)
  • King Outta Water (Dragon Guard Book 40)
  • Dragon, Be Mine: Clan Saor-làithean (Dragon Guard #42)
  • Felix (Club Crimson, #4)
  • Heart of Glass (Firecats, #3)
  • O'Malley: Summer (Shifter Seasons #7)
  • Rockin' Around the Dragon Tree: MacAllen Clan (Dragon Guard Book 43)
  • Babysitter Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #3)
  • Dragon Reformed (Reclaimed Dragons, #3)
  • Dragon Her Home (Dragon Guards #23)
  • Doggy Defender Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #6)
  • Winged Solution (Heads N' Tails, #1)
  • Savage Dragon (Earth Dragons #2)
Milly Taiden (also writes as April Angel) was born in the prettiest part of the Caribbean (to her) known as the Dominican Republic. Currently, she resides in New York City with her husband, bossy young son and their little dog Speedy.

When she’s not working full-time, texting with her best friend Heidi in England, chastising her son for pulling the dog’s ears, shopping with her sister Jewel or watc

Federal Paranormal Unit (4 books)
  • Wolf Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #1)
  • Dangerous Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #2)
  • Unwanted Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #3)

News & Interviews