Start by marking “Nobody Tells Lia Anything (Spooky Matchmakers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nobody Tells Lia Anything (Spooky Matchmakers, #1)

Nobody Tells Lia Anything (Spooky Matchmakers, #1)

Lia needs ANSWERS from beyond, NOT matchmaking!

Expected publication: May 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Nobody Tells Lia Anything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody Tells Lia Anything

Jennifer Stevenson
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read it at a sitting! Lia is hilarious. I've fallen in love with all the side characters and crazies living in and around the Pentagon apartment complex...can't wait to see more of them in future Spooky Matchmakers stories. I did want to kick her boyfriend in the balls. All good things come to them that wait.
Venette Schafer
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a hoot!! This is a laugh out loud paranormal romance that is utterly fantastic! Great characters all around not just the main ones but all the secondary ones too. They are fully fleshed out and alive. This is a really well written and very funny book. Such a different plotline and presented in such a dynamic and hilarious way. This is the first book by this author that I've read and will not be my last. I hope this is the first installment in a brilliant new series. I would highly recommend ...more
Melissa
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Another great cast of characters created by Carol Maloney Scott. No One Tells Lia Anything follows Lia DeLuca through an adventure she never expected. Lia is very comfy in her life in Richmond with her boyfriend, Jason and their plan for moving overseas to start the rest of their lives together. She is happy...so she thought. The book opens with the reading of Lia’s grandmother’s will. Granana was quite wealthy and leaves Lia her inheritance with some life changing conditions. She must move ...more
Jena Henry
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes, nobody tells Lia anything, including her recently departed (except when she sounds like a ghostly gang member) Grandmother. Lia is adorable and has to deal with a bunch of characters that will make you laugh.

The story begins with Lia and her parents at the reading of the will of Lia’s grandmother, her Dad’s mother. Lisa’s parents are hippies from Vermont and her dad is a famous “Happiness Guru” who is always happy, and equally happy to share his “Happiness Tenets.” (I’m laughing again, just
Meg Martin
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is a delightful book full of endearing characters that succeeded in making me laugh out loud! Lia is a lovable young lady who shows some understandable confusion when her beloved Granana leaves some unusual conditions in her will. Lia needs to leave her home for a year, move to where her Granana lived and play social director to a group of tenants whom she is suppose to make happier. She (Lia) decides to do this to honor her Granana and find out more about her life. Lia manages to find ...more
Nadine
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I really liked it, but the ending let the book down just a bit

The book starts out with a dramatic Will reading. A lighthearted tone makes sure it isn’t sad or heavy. Lia is to bring the residents of her late grandmother’s apartment complex together, socially.

But not everything is as it seems.

Nobody tells Lia anything.

Not Jason, her boyfriend.
Not Amy, his work wife.
Not Logan, one of the residents.
And certainly not Granana, her late grandmother.

But then again, Lia doesn’t tell her boyfriend
Reena
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, what a crazy ride this book was! Lia's life is turned up-side-down because of her late granma's will. She moves into her granny's apartment complex believing she has to be it's manager, but her dear granny had other plans in mind! Even from the beyond, she plays matchmaker, trying to persuade her to give up her current boyfriend Jason and fix her up with Logan, the hot bartender and resident of the apartment complex.

Needless to say, the residents of the apartment complex is an assortment of
Camille Lim
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sam Cannon
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A light -hearted read that is just what the doctor ordered.

Nobody Tells Lia Anything is the first Carol Maloney Scott book I have read. I will be reading more!
Written as first person present tense I was a little wary to start with, but the more I read the more I enjoyed it. The book starts slowly, I would have preferred a bit more pace at the start, but the book is so easy to read the pages almost turn by themselves and it is hard to put down.

The author has created a cast of eccentric charact
Jane
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was definitely one of the most entertaining reads I've had this year.
Whatever genre you prefer you should be able to find something in this one. Paranormal, mystery, rom-com, family issues, small town living, wealthy heiress ... there's a little bit of everything wrapped up in a laugh- out- loud funny story that keeps delivering chuckles and surprises from start to finish.
Scott has created a full cast of characters I recognized from my own life, from the naive and trusting heroine to her m
Clair Martin
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am no stranger to books from Carol Maloney Scott. Even though this was not part of her other series, it was an enjoyable read.

The story starts off with Lia learning about her grandmother's will and what she has to do to get her inheritance. A few hoops have to be jumped through (that only involve uprooting her life to take over a complex that her Granana owned) but she feels that she can do it. Along the way she realizes that she has less work than she imagined and starts to get confused as to
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book; this is book 1 in the Spooky Matchmakers series written by Carol Maloney Scott. When twenty-something Lia’s grandmother dies, her life is knocked upside-down. In order to satisfy the terms of her inheritance, Lia is forced to move to the family’s apartment complex in the scenic mountain town of Applebarrow, leaving behind her dead-end job and long-term boyfriend, Jason. While she’s happy to fulfill her Granana’s unusual dying wish to play social director to the eclectic gro ...more
Robyn
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Carol Maloney Scott that I've read, but it certainly won't be the last. I enjoyed this book so much. Lia is a spunky gal who seems to have lost some of her spunk in the shadow of her boyfriend. So when her grandmother dies and gives her an 'assignment' to get her inheritance, she packs up and moves to Applebarrow to manage an apartment complex her grandma owned. And that's where the fun begins. Lia has a lot of...mishaps. And almost all of them will have you laughing un ...more
Debbiebooknerdyoung
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG.. This was one of the funniest books I’ve ever read!
I was laughing so hard at some points, I had to cover my mouth so I wouldn’t wake up my husband haha.
Reading about Lia, and her Granana was hilarious. The little apartment complex housing the quirky but lovable tenants, and the love triangle had me turning page after page until I finished the book.
Jason is Lia’s boyfriend, but Logan is interested in Lia and seems to turn up whenever she needs him. That’s a LOT because she sure does find her
Samantha March
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy what I’ve read from Carol Maloney Scott in the past, and Nobody Tells Lia Anything sounded like another promising novel to me! I loved the ghostly aspect that we got from the story, and also the quirky setting of Applebarrow. Lia is a fun main character to follow, a little clueless but good-hearted in her intentions to follow out the wishes in her late grandmother’s will. We get plenty of laughs from the secondary cast, from Lia’s parents to the tenants in the apartment building t ...more
Linda Schlomer
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so funny. If you like a book that has mystery, love triangles, and ghost then this is the book for you. Lia inherits an apartment complex, along with a factory that was shut down years before by her grandfather, and her grandparents fortune from her deceased grandmother. The only problem is that she has to move from her home in another town, leaving behind her job and her boyfriend of 5 years to live in the apartment complex and play entertainment director for the complex for a year ...more
Karen J
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
❤Sharonica❤
The inner dialogue and quirky stream of consciousness in Lia was both laugh out loud funny and endearing.

Nobody Tells Lia Anything was a great novel filled with a full range of characters all centered around the heroine. A classic tale of self discovery with a dash of romance, intrigue, and even a sprinkle of paranormal to spice things up a bit.

The story never felt like it lagged and it kept me wondering what was going to happen next.

As someone who loves series, I am hopeful there will be more
Kathleen
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc
I was not disappointed.

The story started out slowly – I almost gave up at chapter two but glad that I plowed through. It gets so much better after that. I did not think chapter two added much to the overall book. There were parts that I though dragged on for too long, so I just skimmed them.

I liked the humor, liked to hate the boyfriend – what a creep! Eventually, he gets what is due him.

Great characters. It was pleasant to get to know the characters. Unique individuals. Hope to see more in the
Cyndi
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg..I laughed and giggled ...what a treat!
And although this isn't my go to " genre " , i REALLY enjoyed this book
I said" I know a person like that! " while reading this book.
You will love the way this author created her characters cause we've all known or been acquainted with some if not all of them .
I recommend this book to anyone looking for something different .It truly is a " you can't miss" read.
Nicely Done

I recieved a copy of this book and am freely giving my review
Bernadette Cinkoske
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nobody Tells Lia Anything is an hilarious, enjoyable romance. Lia, her Granana and all the quirky residents of Applebarrow made for a most enjoyable read (although they kept me up way too late because I could not put the book down! I certainly would not want to pay Lia's phone bill! With Granana's ghost, a long distance boyfriend, a local bartender and many secrets, this is so much fun to read. Lia does manage to get into some interesting predicaments. I highly recommend you read this book!
Esmeralda Silva
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg, this book is so funny. I loved the Granana from the otherworld, with her crazy cloths.. Soo funny. Lia is a very loyal woman and realy wants to belive her long term boyfriend but he is really sketchy... And them we have the mistyrious Logan... So sexy... And at the same time a true gentlmen. I have to tell you i had to put my face in the pilows so i wouldn't wake my baby girl with my laugther. It is a must read!
Debbie Neff
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed this first book in Carol Maloney Scott’s Matchmakers series. I absolutely loved Lia and all the quirky characters that live at the apartment complex. The plot was very interesting and kept my attention. I loved the paranormal aspect with Lia’s Granana. Nobody Tells Lia Anything was a very fun read. Now that it’s over I will be in withdrawal waiting for the next book in the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lia's grandmother dies. In her will she wants Lia to move into a family owned apartment complex to be the social director. She is to live there for at least one year. Lia uncovers family secrets that were kept hidden for years. Lia has a boyfriend, Jason, who does not have her best interests as a priority. Lia meets Logan and immediately feels some spark with him. This novel is a page turner. You really want to keep reading to find out details of the happenings with Lia.
Stacey Long
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this romp into romance and the paranormal. Lia was so relatable and her Gran was hilarious! The folks of Pentagon Place were lovable, save one, and I am hoping we will see more stories set in the town of Applebarrow. This author is a new one for me and I found her storytelling style enchanting. I look forward to reading more of her work and happily recommend this book to anyone. It was sweet, funny, and appropriate for all. Kudos!
Crystal Wegrzynowicz
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book that tells the story of Lia and what she was left after her grandmother passed away. Filled with humor, a bit or romance and a little bit of paranormal elements, it’s not my normal read, but can’t wait for the next book. Well written and fast paced, I couldn’t put it down once I started reading.
Sandra Kirnbauer
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Carol Maloney Scott but not my last! It was everything I look for in a book and I loved the quirky, funny and romantic antics. I read it in one sitting as I could not put it down. I even read parts to my husband.
I am hooked and will check out more books by this author!!
Allyson
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great read! I literally was so captivated by the characters that I read this book all in one day! By far, my favorite one by Carol Maloney Scott to date and I truly hope there is more to come!!
Alison Barker
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a hilarious funny book from the very start. Really great characters, loved Lia and the council locking up her Grandma. It's a must have and can't wait for the sequel.

It was a fab book and I loved it
Rita
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It has a little magic going on with this unique story. I was impressed with the plot and the characters. The author has a way of keeping you engaged throughout the entire story. I was glad to have read this book. It will leave you with a wonderful feeling!
My name is Carol, and I’m addicted to Romance.

I grew up in the Hudson Valley area of New York, surrounded by “city folk,” like my Manhattanite mom and Bronx-native Dad, who taught me to be sweet on the outside, yet tough on the inside.

As a result, I’m often gifted sassy labels like “firecracker” or “feisty,” which I choose to take as a compliment, due to my Irish/Eastern European heritage.

My ro