Start by marking “The Latte Factor: Why You Don't Have to Be Rich to Live Rich” as Want to Read:
The Latte Factor: Why You Don't Have to Be Rich to Live Rich

The Latte Factor: Why You Don't Have to Be Rich to Live Rich

Discover #1 New York Times bestselling author David Bach’s three secrets to financial freedom in an engaging story that will show you that you are richer than you think. Drawing on the author’s experiences teaching millions of people around the world to live a rich life, this fast, easy read reveals how anyone—from millennials to baby boomers—can still make their dreams co ...more
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published May 7th 2019 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Latte Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Latte Factor

Deedi (DeediReads) Brown
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly, I wanted to throw this book out a window. The bones of good financial advice are there — invest for retirement, prioritize what matters, pay yourself first — but the execution is gendered, plays into harmful stereotypes, and also potentially toxic.

This book is about a young girl named Zoey who has, gosh darn it, just never been good at money. She works for a tra
Tracy
May 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pandering nonsense. A couple of middle-aged men explaining to women why "we're so bad with money" (say that quoted part in baby voice, please). You know, because we just can't skip our $5/day habit of a latte that if invested in the stock market would become something REAL. Let's make sure to keep it a latte, or a frappe, or some other nonsense that a MAN would never buy. Let's not make it craft beer, or tech gadgets, or sporting events, or cars/motorcycles/trucks that MEN buy.

They even charmin
Stephanie
This was a good, quick financial read told in the form of a parable. I wasn't sure I'd like to read about finances through a fictional story, but I ended up enjoying the format!

Zoey is a young career professional who constantly feels broke... which feels familiar to me and I'm sure many others in my generation. Frustrated by never having money for what she wants, her boss advises her to speak to Henry, a local barista. Through their new friendship, he reveals his “Three Secrets to Financial Fre
Sophie
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Thank you Simon and Schuster Canada for making the book available for me. I have read it and so has my husband.

It looks like many of the characters in the book are fictitious. They Iive in New York City so it is always a basis for good story.

My husband and I have been investing our savings for decades now. He even started long before I met him so he is very familiar with most aspects of personal finance and the power of compounded interest and investing money into a 401 (k). We both have read
Allysia K
I get where this book was going, and the financial advice was good for someone like me who doesn't know the first thing about investing. The story was just so cartoony that I felt silly listening to it. I'm not even that much older than the target audience of the 27-year old woman. I just felt like the book treated me like I was a big dummy - which I kind of am on this topic, but I still don't appreciate being talked to as such.

Yet I found myself adding another of Bach's books to my "to read" l
Amelia Wasserman
Please pause what you are doing and go read this book. It will only take a couple hours and it’s only $14 on Amazon. Reading it will get you excited to own your financial life and will be worth millions to you...literally!
Kimberly Wood
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book. Should be on everyone’s shelves ready to be referenced or given away when needed. It’s literally the only book you’ll need for a happy financial life.
Lance Eustache
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Latte Factor is the book I wish was available when I started reading money books. While David Bach's Latte Factor theory is not new, this is the first book of his that focus on that strategy with some short mentions of the other things that was discussed in Mr. Bach's other books such as The Automatic Millionaire.

The Latte Factor is the perfect first book for people who want to learn financial literacy or it can be refresher to those who have already read a money book or two.
Steve
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read one of his other financial books, I was interested in reading this one as he had mentioned the "Latte Factor" elsewhere.

This book takes the form of a story of a young woman with some financial struggles to showcase the financial and life principles the author wants to share with his audience. The book was a quick and easy read and I think he gets across his message fairly well. I like the use of wrapping up his financial/life principles in a full story as I think it may help people s
Joshua Culbertson
The Latte Factor is quite possibly the best finanybook I have ever read. It is 10% about financial principles and 90% about vulnerability! That’s where real change starts to happen!
Gina
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Latte Factor: Why You Don't Have to Be Rich to Live Rich (Hardcover)
by David Bach

Or it could be called "The Finance Book That Wasn't". TLF is written as a fiction story instead of the charts and graphs and endless data of many personal finance books. It's Bach's same advice but presented in a way that's easy to relate to your life. I've read most of David Bach's books and liked them all. Don't get hung up on "Latte". No one, including Bach, is saying you have to give up your favorite coffe
Gary L Rau
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The mysterious words appear on a message board on her way to work, "If you don’t know where you’re going, you might not like where you end up.” The first chapter ends with the question: “What am I doing with my life?”

“The Latte Factor” is a modern parable, written in the same vein as Bob Burg’s “Go Giver” and Skip Prichard’s “Book of Mistakes”. The story follows Zoey as she learns the principles of financial freedom and true wealth.

"The Latte Factor" isn’t actually about lattes, it’s about pers
Alysson
May 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to netgalley for the free copy of this week in exchange for an honest review.

In general, it has solid financial advice (pay yourself first, don’t budget—make it automatic, live rich now). HOWEVER, I felt like I was being #mansplained throughout this. The girl, Zoey, has never been good at money. She meets a guy named Henry who apparently IS good at money. He gives her some financial advice that she apparently could not have figured out her own. Essentially, this book is focused on a ma
Samantha
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is the first personal finance book I've read in this particular format. David Bach tells a parable of 27-year old Zoey who feels lost and seeks guidance for her future. Zoey travels from Brooklyn to the Freedom Tower in Manhattan everyday for work. Her job demands around 50 hours a week but it doesn't ever seem to pay enough to keep up her lifestyle. She doesn't live
Natalie Campbell-Reid
Really good short read
Marie (Marie Meets Books)
This little but powerful book is full of great tips and advice about money. It's perfect for new graduates (seriously, get this book for anyone graduating high school or college this year) or anyone who may not be able to see the bigger picture when it comes to their finances. Written as a fun and smart parable about a 27 year old named Zoe who lives paycheck to paycheck and can't fathom how she can do more with her money, the book conveys important messages in a relatable way that anyone can un ...more
Lauren Stahl
This was a very quick read and was a very relatable way to explain how small changes in your everyday finances can be invested to make you money in the future. I enjoyed that it was told in a story fashion with the "lessons" built in. I highly recommend it for people just starting out or for people who need a reminder of how small changes can lead to big payoffs.
Matthew Cahill
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-finance
I've been a fan of Bach's work since I first read The Automatic Millionaire after graduating college in 2004. I incorporated his approach - Pay Yourself First and Make It Automatic - into my savings and investing strategy. 15 years later I'm financially secure and on my way to financial independence.

In the Latte Factor, Bach distills 20 years' of his teachings into an engaging, relatable novel. Bach relates the 3 keys of his approach - Pay Yourself First, Make It Automatic, and Live Rich Now - t
Joan
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
I read an online preview of this book via NetGalley, and sit in awe of David Bach's ability to tell impactful, meaningful stories. THANK YOU David. I needed to read this right now, as I face a retirement that will not provide for our dreams unless we make immediate changes. This book is at the core of our 'how.' Highly recommended!

If you're in high school or college, start applying this book's principles today - they will make all the difference down the road.
Kyra Meadows
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book to give to the twenty somethings in your life or earlier if they will read it. But great way to implement financial steps in a easy to understand way even for people living outside the US. It reads like a story of a 27 year old and not like your regulars step by step financial book. Great job David !!
Lacy Lynch
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book completely paradigm shifted the way I look at my finances and spending choices. I’ve never been much of a finance book reader, but this beautifully written parable was an easy read, enjoyable, and I’ve made changes in the way I live my best life and pay myself first! David is awesome.
Barth Anne-Sophie
This book is amazing on so many levels!!! First it is written as a novel making it super easy to ready and finish. Second, the book is quite small and and can be read in one go. This is quite enjoyable. Finally, although it is accessible to all it still explains the most important principles you’ll find in other Books written by David Bach. I highly recommend it!
Stacy
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend this book especially if it’s your first time venturing into learning about fianances. Great story, easy to read, and will give you a great introduction to steps to take. Great for high schoolers, 20 something’s and older people without basic financial knowledge alike!
Melinda
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short, sweet little allegory about money that may be the catalyst I needed to shift the trajectory of my life to one of financial health, wealth and happiness. I love that David Bach, a financial expert, is teaching that some things in life are more important than money.
Greg Kopstein
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was inspired to read this book after watching a CNBC short video with David Bach on YouTube (https://youtu.be/Z-m-XZTA7a4). The Latte Factor is an incredible look at saving and compound interest. I’ve put some of its concept to the test and, admittedly, I’ve saved more without totally committing to saving and changing my lifestyle. So, I can personally vouch for this concept.

The video was a precursor to the book, which I got early through NetGalley. (Thank you!) This book fleshed out and devel
Monica
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of David Bach's books and this one did not disappoint. I first heard about him via a Chase Jarvis podcast sharing one of his lesson's on a CreativeLive class. I bought the class and was hooked immediately. First I read "The Automatic Millionaire" and then "The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner". I was super excited to hear about "The Latte Factor". It is different from his other books, more of a story vs. nonfiction financial book. It's short and sweet with a powerful message. If it ...more
Diane
Perfect for readers in their 20's or 30's. The takeaway message is that everyone is richer than they think they are. It is not about how much money you make, it is about how much you spend. Bach takes a novel approach to highlight his 3 principles of personal finance. My only complaint is that budgets are seen as very negative in this book, when in reality, budgets can be very helpful. Budgeting and his 3 principles are not mutually exclusive. Entertaining read filled with some good financial ad ...more
Brandie
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an easy, quick read with a lot of good advice. It shows how easy saving for your future can be.
Bryan Summers
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple and effective. I wish I'd read it in college. I had step three down pat but I wish I'd done step 1 and 2. Ah well.
Michelle Cable
Easy read since it is written like a story. There are only 3 main themes which are easy to understand and start doing.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »