Start by marking “Purple Haze (Aliens in New York, #2)” as Want to Read:
Purple Haze (Aliens in New York, #2)

Purple Haze

(Aliens in New York #2)

Six months have passed since Dillon and Lang crashed into each other on a crowded street in New York City, changing the course of their lives. Now they’re living together as a couple, happy, in love, but not quite ready to say the words out loud.

Dillon is about to embark on a new adventure—opening a private art school housed in the brownstone left to him by his father. Lan
Published May 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Purple Haze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purple Haze

Len Evans Jr
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is one I have been eagerly anticipating this sequel from the moment I finished "Common Grounds." I have to say this sequel was everything and more than I could have hoped for! The author did an excellent job making continuing and then wrapping up this wonderful story. I want to thank Felice Stevens for allowing Ms. Jensen to continue to use Micah and Josh in this book, it just would not have been the same without them. This book was fun and light for the first half of the book... was n ...more
Cadiva
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure if this will be the last time we hear from Dillon and Lang but I really hope not because I absolutely love this series from Kelly.

This one had quite a different feel to book one though, with a sense of foreboding beginning fairly early on and just amping up the layers as Dillon's half alien nature starts to manifest in strange ways.

I loved how Lang reacted in this narrative, he's protective, he fights against his own inbuilt sense of clan and duty and he's willing to sacrifice all f
Caz
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aar, arc, m-m, queer-romance, sci-fi

Review to follow at AAR.
Susan
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Purple Haze by Kelly Jensen is the sequel to Uncommon Grounds. It was great to see how Dillon and Lang navigate a relationship amidst both their careers, Dillon’s family, and of course the aliens. Both Dillon and Lang make important discoveries relating to their relationship and life in general. I especially loved seeing Lang realize he needs to become more human in order to assimilate better into human society. This is contrasted with a much closer view of the alien culture than in the first bo ...more
Elizabetta
Purple Haze is a great follow-up to book one, with more adventures for Dillon and his alien lover, Lang, in the Big Apple. Add in some intrigue when Dillon develops a strange new ability, and Lang does some serious soul-searching. Things step up when clan leaders step in, alien politics take over, and the cracks begin to show between rivals. This is a thoroughly entertaining and engrossing read, just in time for summer kicking back.

*Disclaimer—I don’t rate books I’ve worked on, but all the star
Lola
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed it.

Purple Haze is the second book in the Aliens in New York series and as far as I know it wraps up the story of Lang and Dillon. I really liked this sequel and to get to spend more time in this world and with these characters.

At the end of book 1 Dillon changed and he has to deal with some of those changes now, when he starts developing a weird new ability he doesn't think much of it at first, but there's more to it than he knows.
Kelly
Apr 26, 2019 marked it as books-i-wrote  ·  (Review from the author)
Read the first chapter on my blog.

While Purple Haze does wrap up the story for Dillon and Lang, delivering them (not exactly trouble-free) to a happy ever after, this probably isn't the end of the series. I've got a whole world to play with here and I have left myself several openings. Or, I might just make up two new characters and start again.

Dillon, Lang, and Arayu couldn't be the only aliens in New York.

Meanwhile, if you're looking for more Dillon and Lang, check out the short story I wrote
ChaosMoondrawn
I would rate this 3.5 stars.

This is the second book in this series and takes place six months later. You can read it without reading Uncommon Ground, but the recaps make the plot sound crazy and the first story is charming and sexy. Why miss it? In fact, I almost think it should have been one book without the recapping. It is only the hot love scenes that morph into love between the two leads in the first story, that help carry the weight of this story--giving the reader something to be emotiona
Melissa Brus
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Purple Haze by Kelly Jensen is a beautiful second book and is most definitely a continuation of the first book Uncommon Ground. I thought the first book was amazing. And without a doubt, the best parts are continued into this edition. The world building is so consistent and enthralling. You are instantly transported to a fantastic edition of the world we live in. Jensen has created two men that you can’t help but be invested in. Dillon Lee and Steilang Skovgaard have discovered so much about the ...more
kathleen
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Purple Haze is the amazing sequel to Uncommon Grounds. I couldn't wait to read this book and was not disappointed. The world building in this series is outstanding.

We catch up with all things Dillon and Lang. These two just fit together so well. We the reader get taken on quite the ride. This story is sweet, sexy, engaging and emotional. Loved it!!
Teresa

Lang and Dillon fit so well together. Even though they both had moments of insecurity you could feel the love. I thought the plot was interesting and I loved learning more about the Jord people. They are so different from humans and yet the same. I also liked getting to know Dillon’s family better.

There is action and intrigue that keeps the plot moving forward. I loved the sci-fi elements as well.

This is a definite recommend.
Donna
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, love-bytes
4.5 STARS

This is the sequel to Uncommon Grounds, a book that was originally written as part of the Amazon Kindle Worlds belonging to Felice Stevens. From my understanding, the Kindle Worlds series have since stopped being produced, but Ms. Stevens has kindly allowed Kelly Jensen to continue using her characters, Micah and Josh. In fact, they play a much larger role here than in the original Aliens in New York book. While you don’t need to have read Felice Steven’s story before reading Purple Haz
Amy Aislin
Book two in the series is a bit different than book one. Where book one was hopeful and optimistic, book two gives us a sense that something is coming that will greatly affect our main characters.

I love Dillon. He's a bright soul, happy and quirky. But Lang stole my heart. I'm sure a lot of us, at some point in our lives, have felt lost and alone and have questioned the purpose of our existence. Kelly Jensen's portrayal of Lang's wounded and lonely soul is so emotionally impactful that my heart
Luvs2read
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this sequel! It was so great to discover what happened after Uncommon Ground, and I urge you to read the first book before reading this. Dillon and Lang have become a couple, enjoying their life (romantic and hot!) together, despite seemingly disparate lives and personalities (alien/half human, half alien; emotionally challenged, corporate CEO/loving, artistic free spirit). Everything they are building together, however, is threatened by powerful forces they do not seem ready to face or eq ...more
Rhode
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Not a stand alone. You need to read the first book in the series beforehand. I loved the mother and grandmother, as well as the AI. It’s funny what with all the action and angst in this book, what stood out were those warm moments of home and family, so well written.
BookPixie's Bookshelf
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, alien
3 1/2 stars (ARC)... great writing. I'm not a huge fan of aliens. I love Kelly Jensen's books usually. Unfortunately sci-fi isn't my favourite genre.
Cindy
May 09, 2019
Tashyka
is currently reading it
May 10, 2019
If aliens ever do land on Earth, Kelly will not be prepared, despite having read over a hundred stories of the apocalypse. Still, she will pack her precious books into a box and carry them with her as she strives to survive. It’s what bibliophiles do.

Kelly is the author of ten novels–including the Chaos Station series, co-written with Jenn Burke–and several novellas and short stories. Some of what

Aliens in New York (2 books)
  • Uncommon Ground (Aliens in New York, #1; Memories With the Breakfast Club)