Start by marking “Family Camp (Daddy Dearest #1)” as Want to Read:
Family Camp (Daddy Dearest #1)

Family Camp

(Daddy Dearest #1)

When Geo signs up for Family Camp, he envisions nature hikes, smores, and a chance to win over his recalcitrant new foster kids, Jayden and Lucy. Hes tried to become a dad for so long, and he hopes the three of them can be the family hes always wanted. What he doesnt anticipate is the prickly and gorgeous camp counselor who constantly comes to his rescue.

Travis spends a
Published March 28th 2019 by Pinkerton Road LLC

To ask other readers questions about Family Camp, please sign up.

Start your review of Family Camp (Daddy Dearest #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

When Eli Easton, one of my FAVE M/M authors EVER, announced she was writing a series about gay dads, I was ... skeptical.

Because. KIDS.

Disclaimer: I have kids.

And since I got 'em in real life, I don't really want them in my books.

But lo and behold, I freakin' loved the hell out of this story. It's CUTE. It's FUNNY. It's SEXY. It's HAPPY. It's all the FEELS.

Geo I loved from the get-go. He's trying so hard to be a good dad to his new foster kids: Lucy, who is tiny for her age and barely
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US right now! 7/3/19!

*4.5 stars*

I adored Family Camp by one of my favorite authors, Eli Easton, so much. I was in a bit of a book funk and I needed a winner and Eli Easton gave that to me on a silver platter.

It just so happens that I'm going to a family camp with my clan in a few weeks for spring break, so the timing on this book was perfection. Though I'm hoping my camp doesn't have as much "wake up at 7 am and do calisthenics..."

This story is classic Eli Easton,
☆ Todd
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I love books with kids and this one was packed to the gills with semi-sappy goodness.

When I first saw the "Daddy Dearest" series title, I was all nope, nope, nopity NOPE, because... N-O-P-E!

However, after I was assured by my pal Cadiva that she'd found no adult references to "daddy", I immediately reached out for an ARC of the book. : )

As the story began, 32 y.o. middle school teacher Geo, had gotten custody of two foster kids only six weeks prior, with the kids still being very distant and
Shin Mon Thway
Awwwww ... and awwwwwwwwwwwwww .. and awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 😍😍😍 Damn, all the good feels in the world. Eli Easton has been one of my favorite authors since my very first book of hers and theres definitely a legit reason for that. She writes one of the best feel- good, heart-warming, all the tingly feels stories. 👏 And Family Camp definitely isnt an exception, it was sweet, warm, romantic and invokes all the right feels in you. 😊 You cant help but falling in love with both MCs and their misfit of a ...more
Martin
Get ready for a tsunami of praise for this one, because it absolutely blew me away.

Im a real sucker for rainbow family romances and while I usually love them all without being too picky, I really need to praise the kids and their character development in this one.

description

So often we see a dad character feeding kids, taking them to school or changing their diapers (depending on their age) and responding to their generic exclamations. Like props theyre being carried around and coddled and used to create a
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
4.5

When Eli Easton is on she's tough to beat when it comes to feel good reads, I tell ya. SPOILER ALERT: Family Camp is packed to the rafters with good feels.

I normally shy away from reads with kids but the lure of a grumpy pro baseball player was too great to resist and I'm glad I didn't because Family Camp is FUN! Jay and Luce are integral to this story and enrich it in so many ways. They also read like kids who've had a rough go in the tender young lives, kids you root for and hope they
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

The blurb tells exactly how it is.

Geo seriously is the nicest, most sincere guy ever who is finally living his long awaited dream of being a dad. Thing is, its no surprise that being a parent, and a foster one at that, is hard. However, Geo is resilient and dedicated, and I loved him.

Travis knows what its like to be a foster kid, but he also knows what its like to finally have found a family who loves him, and he comes back every year to the family business to participate in all the fun
Cadiva
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is just pure Eli Easton - chock full of all the feels with a deep and abiding sense of family and love.

It's also really funny, totally sweet, sneakily steamy and will warm any cold heart with its wonderful pairing and their romance.

I love reading about found families, I love sports romances, I love seeing that instant zap of attraction begin to burn brighter and solidify into an unbreakable link that inky grows stronger the more it's weathered.

Great characters, great setting, great
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio 4.5 Stars
Story 4 Stars

This was a very cute, fluffy and steamy. It inspired a new shelf (because I just dont have enough of those..lol)Adult Disney. Take away the steamy scenes, and this would make the perfect family Disney movie. In my opinion, a same sex Disney movie is overdue.
Meags
4 Stars

This is one of those beautiful stories that will fill your heart to bursting and make you feel good about life. Its a well-known fact that even at her worst Eli Easton is still a cut above the rest, so this family focused, feel-good, M/M romance should be an absolute no-brainer.

First we have Geo. Hes single, hes a teacher, and hes working to adopt two foster kids newly in his care. Its Geos dream to make it official so the three of them can be a family, but the kids 5-year-old Lucy and
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just what I needed 😁

Once upon a time,
there was a reader who really needed a light, fun, fluffy read. It was me. And this was it.
The end.
4* from me.
Dia
4,5 stars - I really liked this sweet story!

It's the first book in this new series Daddy Dearest by Eli Easton.
I haven't read many books by this author, but I absolutely loved those I've read: The Mating of Michael, A Second Harvest and Five Dares.

I really enjoy Eli Easton's writing style, so I've decided to try this one too. And I am so glad I did. This book was super sweet, but it also punched me in the feels!!!

I can't say I am a big fan of kids in my romance books, but here I really
Sheri
For now Two little words that held significant force both times they were uttered. Its interesting how much power words have and how drastically they can be construed.or misinterpreted. Tone and inflection can shape their meaning and intention. I loved how Easton brought Geo and Travis full circle and sealed the deal with these two words. When Travis first encountered Geo, stranded on the roadside with the kids, he was drawn to him, that is until his comment about the status of the kids. ...more
Christelle
Yeah : the magic of Eli Easton worked again with this sweet, fluffy, low-angst MM romance featuring an athletic and sexy pro baseball player and a gay dad who just got custody of two children.

I sometimes feel like Im not soft enough and its not easy for me to let my sappy side being mellowed while stopping my eye-rolling reflex. But once again, the characterization (no bad evil, no oh-so perfect people, just realistic people with MCs and secondary characters with enough flaws and strengths to
Ami
I've been having a bit of a book rut for a month -- I liked some of those I read but not loved it enough. Which is why I was grateful for Eli Easton's Family Camp , because it put a huge satisfactory smile to my face after I finished.

I LOVED Geo from the get go -- how could I not?!? The moment he appeared on my Kindle screen, trying to soothe his foster daughter throwing tantrum from losing her doll as well as connecting to a moody teenager, without losing any ounce of positivity, Geo stole my
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

This was an easy breezy romance read. I really enjoyed how light it was with the drama. It ended up being just a happy feel good read that I hadn't expected to like so much.

I love books with kids. I especially loved that this was about a man who was fostering 2 kids he desperately wanted to be his family. Watching their relationships grow and them change from being distant to a close family was something special. Eli handled it so well. Lucy was darling and Jayden grew to be such a
Karen
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 campy stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR.

It's a little early to start the summer reading but...

Some things should just not be left to the last minute and a new Eli Easton story is definitely on that list.

I enjoy this authors books anytime, but I think I was just really in the mood for a story like this when I read it because this one just left me feeling all warm and mushy and pretty much like a melted puddle of summer lovin' goo.

I'm not even sure where to begin with
Susan
Re-read July 2019
I banged my head against the table every time they did the cutesy camp song.
But I re-read this for the kids. And the romance was pretty sweet.

----------------------------------------

When this came out I was sure this wasnt for me. Im a bit allergic to the closeted professional jocks these days. Of any closet cases actually.

But this surprised me! I was very happy to find out that while Travis was indeed in the closet, it didnt play a huge role for most of the book.

Geo is a gay
Kaje Harper
This is a fairly light, sweet story about Geo, a gay teacher who finally has his chance at a family with two foster kids he's hoping to adopt. And Travis, a professional baseball player who's deeply in the closet and close to the end of his career, who works at the camp Geo is taking his kids to. There are a few moments of poignancy, particularly with the older boy whose defensiveness after years in the system rings a bell with Travis (also once a foster kid) and with me as a reader. I ...more
BWT (Belen)
Absolutely loved it! It started off a bit shakily with a misunderstanding, but luckily that gets cleared up quickly. I loved Geo and Travis and all the supporting characters, and that ending? *swoons*

Dual POV, light angst, romance with some humor and a very happy ending. Recommended.

4.5 Stars
Ariana
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming and cute and full of family feels.
Thats the essence of this, I think.

What I loved here:

.) two genuine, real characters who act like responsible adults whilst getting overwhelmed by their emotions just a teeny bit. Just cute, lovely and relatable! Geo and Travis are drawn to each like moths to the light, and their flirting made me smile big time!

.) the sense of humour, particularly Geos.

.) the enthusiasm of those people at Family Camp. I was awed how much everyone enjoyed all the
⚣Michaelle⚣
I LOVED this book.

I think my adoration of camping & all things Summer Vacation makes me predisposed to appreciate a story that incorporates these activities (and especially hot camp counselors/leaders - who are also pro-baseball players - in silky shorts. YUM!). Throw in some age-appropriate children, a GFY/OFY trope (with great UST & eventual sexytimes) and a "made" family...and well, of course it was a hit.

Was it perfect? Eh, it's a little lotta Insta-Love & had a (view spoiler)
BWT (Belen)

Absolutely wonderful! ❤

I love when Eli Easton has Matthew Shaw narrate her stories. For me, they go together like peanut butter and jelly. Sure, you can have one without the other and they're great separately, but together they're brilliantly matched.

Dual POV, very light on the angst, this sweet romance between a cute teacher working on adoption and a closeted major league baseball pitcher is sexy, funny, and touching with a very happy ending.

Matthew Shaw knocks it out of the park with fantastic
Gabi
This book surprised me. You see, I threw in the towel after chapter 2. It was everything I hate about kids. All that screaming and tantrums... they don't even let you think. It was just so frantic.

But it just kept popping up on my feed, so I decided to continue where I left off a month ago.

And somewhere along the way I started liking it. The kids weren't that high maintenance and they weren't screaming. They were actually quite helpful. So if you survive the first 2 chapters, you're good. XD

Geo
Michael S.
A very fun, flirty read with a heartwarming context and sexy, sweet men. It's not my absolute favorite Eli Easton (maybe the pace of the romance was a bit strong and quick for my liking, and Geo isn't QUITE as funny as everyone in the book thinks he is), but she is in great form as usual with her setting and supporting cast.

Few M/M authors I read paint the scenery as well as she does; it takes her just a few artful brush strokes to bring to life characters we care about. Easton is much more
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Travis 💜 Geo

3.5 stars rounded up
This was an adorably cute story. It was not just about a romance blossoming but the building of a family bond. There were so many precious moments between Geo and his children that just tugged at my heart string.
As to the romance, I liked how it felt organic. However, these guys need to know what happens at family camp doesn't always stay at family camp lol
Ky
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-2019
*4.5 stars*

I typically don't like stories that have a small time frame but Eli Easton managed to make this book an exception.

Family Camp takes place mainly over a week - except for the last few chapters - and at first the MCs know nothing about each other. The story takes two perfect strangers and gives back a committed couple without leaving the reader feeling rushed.

Geo is a new foster parent to two kids down on their luck, twelve-year-old Jayden and five-year old Lucy. Jayden is mad at the
.Lili.
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, ofy

Family Camp by Eli Easton,is so sweet it gave me cavities.

After years of trying to become a dad, Geo has finally been approved to foster two children: Little Lucy and Tween Jayden. He figures what better way to spend some time together than to head off to family camp. While things got off to a bumpy ride on the road, they finally make it with the help of a hunky rescuer who happens to be one of the camp counselors AND a professional baseball player.

Lost of things I enjoyed about this story:

Jennifer☠Pher☠
So, this was cute. I didnt love it. To me it felt like one of those books where it was more opportunity and circumstance than a real meet and fall in love. I never really got the connection between the two of them.

I am unsure about the Foster kids part too. Six weeks doesnt seem very long at all and I could completely see these two kids not seeing Geo as their Dad yet. Especially, Jayden. I mean, at twelve I would think it would be almost impossible to get through some of his walls and six weeks
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
Confession time: I've been kind of avoiding Easton since The Trouble with Tony annoyed me so much. But everyone and their dog was loving this book in my feed, and it sounded cute, so I figured I'd give it a try.

And it was cute, a fluffapalooza. This had an interesting dismount (single teacher adopting two children from foster care), a pretty decent routine (thoroughly predictable contemporary M/M romance - nothing special but still entertaining enough), but it didn't stick the landing. I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Upside Down
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • Starting from Zero (Starting From #1)
  • Looking for Trouble
  • Cowboy Seeks Husband
  • Flash Rip
  • The Last Text
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
Having been, at various times and under different names, a ministers daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast

Daddy Dearest (2 books)
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)