Start by marking “The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)

The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky

(Montague Siblings #1.5)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  11,727 ratings  ·  2,156 reviews
“The queer teen historical you didn’t know was missing from your life.” — Teen Vogue, on The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue

In this funny and frothy novella that picks up where the New York Times bestselling The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue leaves off, freshly minted couple Monty and Percy fumble through their first time together.

Monty’s epic grand tour may be
Published November 26th 2019 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky, please sign up.
Hannah Penrod I'm in the same boat- I really hope the publisher makes it available for purchase, at least in a digital edition. I just discovered the books and am r…moreI'm in the same boat- I really hope the publisher makes it available for purchase, at least in a digital edition. I just discovered the books and am really bummed out that the novella was made to be such an exclusive things :( (less)
Mackenzi You can't preorder the novella--you get the novella if you preorder and submit your proof of purchase for The Lady's Guide to petticoats and PIracy. T…moreYou can't preorder the novella--you get the novella if you preorder and submit your proof of purchase for The Lady's Guide to petticoats and PIracy. The novella will drop October 2! (less)

·  11,727 ratings  ·  2,156 reviews

Start your review of The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
chai ♡
Reading this novella is all fun and games until it makes you achingly aware of the lack of cuddling you're experiencing in your life.

So without further ado, here's a list of iconic and memorable moments in this book!

• First of all, nothing will ever come close to touching the humor and perfect execution of the question “do you mean to tell me that you have not actually fornicated yet?” being met with the incredulous and slightly indignant response “dear God, Felicity”
• I genuinely strive to cul
Claudia Ramírez
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-ship-them, my-sons, 2019
I’M CRYING IN A CORNER BECAUSE THEY ARE SO CUTE.
chan ☆
don't agree with my old review so she gone lol
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
WAIT!
What!? O_o
Hold a second!

When did this become a thing and why the freaking hell didn't I know about it?!

I need more Monty and Percy in my life!!
I'm soo going to savour this!!
Well, as soon as I get my own copy of course! ;-P

Mackenzi you make me very happy! XD
I hope you know that. *lol*
C.G. Drews
This was entirely adorable and so utterly awkward it was hilarious! I actually could read an infinitely long series about Percy and Monty, juuuust saying in case the bookish gods want to grant that request. It is pretty much 50pgs of Monty and Percy trying to have sex and everything of ever going wrong. 😂It made me laugh out loud though. I love their banter and Monty's panic meltdowns and the fact that the worst thing in the world that's ever happened to him is getting his hair wet in the ocean. ...more
Larry H
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

The Gentleman's Guide to Getting Lucky is a sweet, sexy, short romp about love and sex and planning a future together.

I absolutely LOVED Mackenzi Lee’s Montague Siblings Series, particularly The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue . It was so unique, so fun, so romantic, and so poignant. Monty and Percy are easily one of my favorite literary couples in recent years.

This novella is an amuse-bouche of sorts, coming in at slightly over 100 pages. Here Monty, Percy, Felicity, and t
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
WE HATE RICHARD PEELE!

Ugh, this was ridiculously cute and hilarious and I can die happy now. My heart is so full and my stomach hurts from laughing.

If you didn’t already know, I fucking adore Monty and Percy. I love them and The Gentleman’s Guide so much that I’m still, after six months and reading it three times, unable to write a review because I don’t think I can write down just how much I love everything about these characters and these books and how important I think they are. I could seri
✨    jamieson   ✨
WHEN will a man as sweet and tall as Percy Newton come into my life? I relate to bi disaster Monty so much but where's MY sweet bf/gf who kill give me soft kisses all the time :/ anyway this was cute & funny thats all I have to say on that ...more
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
1.) The Gentlemen's Guide To Vice and Virtue ★★★★★
*.) The Gentlemen's Guide To Getting Lucky ★★★★
2.) The Lady's Guide To Petticoats and Piracy ★★★★★

-----------------------------------------------

omfg i love them so much it hurts
Irina
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was so cute and fun to read. i love Monty and Percy with all my heart
Tamar
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this, it was so darn sweet and sexy. This is a short YA novella in the saga of the Felicity and Monty Montague siblings - an inbetweener coming after A Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue and before The Ladies Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (the titles are just soooo cool, who could resist them?). I’ve only read this inbetweener but I’m definitely going to read the AGGVV and TLGPP. A new book in the series is due out next year – I’ve already tried begging at the doors of NG and EW, but ...more
Angelica
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was everything I didn't know I needed. Monty is a disaster in the most entertaining yet heartbreaking way possible. Percy is, of course, the sweetest most wonderful person to ever grace the earth. Felicity, though, is the real MVP for trying to hook them up.

This is a story where everything that could go wrong does in fact, go wrong. But, of course, things don't just go wrong, because no, that would be far too boring. Too mundane and commonplace for one such as Monty. In this book, ever
Lauren Lanz
How does one express their love for Monty and Percy in a short little review? They don't.
lily ☁️
I fell in love with Monty & Percy all over again, smiled so much that my cheeks are still a bit sore, and basically, this is the perfect novella, and I can’t wait to read Felicity’s book.

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | TumblrTwitter
Connie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my skin is clear, my crops are thriving, the sun is shining, monty is a Bisexual Disaster, and percy and monty are idiots in love. bless mackenzi lee for restoring peace to the universe.
Melissa
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The gang is back in this short, but sweet novella. It's abso-bloody-lutely FANTASTIC! Fans of The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue will not be disappointed. Mackenzi had me laughing, shrieking, and as usual sighing "Oh, Monty."

Also, if you've listened to the audio book and fell in love with Christian Coulson's voice like I have, he might sneak in narrating as you read.

Sum of feels in a gif

Don't sleep on this people! Go pre-order your copy of The Lady's Guide to Vice and Virtue today wherever
kelly ♥
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt-content
I raise my head, and he turns to me. "I love you," I say quietly. "You know that?"
"And I you, my darling boy."

excuse me for a moment while i sit and cry
Caidyn (he/him/his)
Omg it was so fluffy and wonderful and I nearly laughed many times while I was supposed to be paying attention to my professors in class. I adored it. I sincerely hope that this series is more than a duology, or that there's going to be something separate to follow Felicity's adventures. Wonderful.
TheYALibrarian
Umm excuse me how did I not hear about this and why can't I get it on Amazon???!!!! Someone help I need this in my life!!!

Update 10/18/18

Well now I'm a little irked that I found out only people who pre-ordered TLGTPAP and sent an email to Lee got a copy of this ebook. So I guess all of us who had no idea just miss out?! Great...
Meli
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We are tough and stupid together and we are going to be tough and stupid together for the rest of our lives" ♥ Los amo, bye.

Update: no dejo de sonreír como boba desde que terminé esto. Monty tiene esa capacidad de hacerme hiper feliz con su estupidez y profundidad no intencionada (:P) que me puede.
Mariah
MACKENZI LEE YOU ABSOLUTE TEASE
*opens up AO3”
Norah Una Sumner
honestly if my significant other doesn't almost stab my eye out and end up breaking their nose while we're trying to get it on what's the point

... i can't believe i now have a 2020 shelf
Kat
Oh Monty, you have to love Monty for his good intentions and bumbling ways. This was a cute, short novella that I was glad to read as a sort of epilogue for book one and bridge between the main novels in the series. I’m always happy for more Monty, Felicity and Percy.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Maryam🌻
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m so glad I read this!😭❤️
I love Percy and Monty so much and I didn’t realize how much I missed them🥺why can’t we have more? this is supposed to be so much longer😩❤️❤️❤️

”I would teach my body to regrow my heart each time I gave it to him, over and over and over again. Heart after heart after heart—every one of them his.”

UGH MY HEART I CAN’T-❤️😭❤️😭❤️😭❤️
Warda
Apr 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
I never managed to read this and now WE'RE GETTING A HARDCOVER AND I'M OVER THE BLEEDIN' MOON!!
Teal
Well, there's 17 hours of my life I’m never getting back.

All right, it was probably only 30 minutes. It just felt longer.

DNF @ 55%
Sabrina
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue - ★★★★

This reminded me how much fun I had reading TGGTVAV.
This was funny, and although this is about this marvelous couple getting some, they didn’t in fact got some it this short story but out of it.

In some ways I feel betrayed but it was still a great read so I’ll not get to mad about that.

Now I’m ready to read the next one!
Romie
this both made me laugh and want to cry, well done.
Lia
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disability, lgbtqiap
I’m too ace for this.

• Boyfriend Material
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Love, Creekwood (Simonverse, #3.5)
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Cemetery Boys
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks & Scones
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • The Music of What Happens
Mackenzi Lee holds a BA in history and an MFA in writing for children and young adults from Simmons College. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the historical fantasy novels THIS MONSTROUS THING, THE GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE, which won a 2018 Stonewall Honor Award and the New England Book Award, and its sequel, THE LADY'S GUIDE TO PETTICOATS AND PIRACY, which debuted at #3 ...more

Montague Siblings (3 books)
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1)
  • The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2)
  • The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks (Montague Siblings, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Need another excuse to go to the bookstore this week? We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the week. To create our list,...
“I would teach my body to regrow my heart each time I gave it to him, over and over and over again. Heart after heart after heart—every one of them his.” 28 likes
“Then maybe I should have said it to you sooner--you needn't hide around us. I'm sorry you ever felt you had to. And that the world makes you feel as though you have to.” 16 likes