Start by marking “Japan Travel Guide: Things I Wish I Knew Before Going To Japan” as Want to Read:
Japan Travel Guide: Things I Wish I Knew Before Going To Japan

Japan Travel Guide: Things I Wish I Knew Before Going To Japan

Want to experience Japan at its fullest potential without spending tons of your precious time on a monstrous 800 pages travel guide? Then, “Things I Wish I Knew Before Going to Japan” is all you need!

In this book, Ken Fukuyama and Yuki Fukuyama will share with you:

The ultimate Japan itineraries that are improvised for more than 30+ times Everything you
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Japan Travel Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Japan Travel Guide

Start your review of Japan Travel Guide: Things I Wish I Knew Before Going To Japan
Lilithcarter
A bit disappointed in this one to be honest. I started reading it and got a little confused on the different tone of voices for example at the very beginning gives you some definitions on Japanese pop culture, so I thought it’s target reader was for the older generation but few pages later it reads something like Take a picture there totally insta! So you can tell that this book hasn’t have a proper editing put in place. The book gets more vague as not description of places or photos, and the la ...more
Michelle Davis-watson
Some good info

I thought there would be more info about the customs in Japan. I am wondering about how to dress in certain different places among others.
Theresaharris
Useful, easy to understand. Good Fuji info.
Nika
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read.
Ramona Tudosa
Jul 16, 2020 rated it liked it
First, positives:
Written by travel guides, with plenty of experience, who offer real life, useful tips for visiting Japan. Where to go, what to avoid, when it's best and how much it costs.
Easy to read, simple and easy English.

Now, the negatives:
Not the best structure, the order of the chapters and the content could've been improved, to make it easier to follow.
A bit too simplistic. I understand its target is the foreigner looking for a short Japanese trip, but I wish it went into a bit more dept
Chezdon Mitchell
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good recommendations, advice and itineraries

Lots of good information for the novice tourist to Japan. No mention of driving Japan as the author pushes public transport. Bit of a focus on "budget travel" however there was good practical advice that will save time, money and frustration.
Scott Sidel
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful travel information

I have been to Japan twice. This book hits many of the highlights with brief, succinct, and useful pointers. I have recommended it to people who are going to Japan for the first time and are trying to plan an itinerary.
JoJo
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I suspect if this is the first Japan guide book that you read it is suitable, but I was looking for something with a little more meat on the cultural side and this is a bit light in this area.
Chris
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting guide to Japan. Will be helpful when traveling there.
Char Freund
This book had great reviews as a hip, easy to read guide with publisher comments like “Why buy a heavy 800 page tome when this is all you need?”. So, it was easy to read in that I finished it in two hours while taking notes on specific destinations for an upcoming tour. It was more for those planning independent travel with all of the bus and train svhedules. The descriptions were written at an elementary level. Here is an example of the one paragraph describing the area around Mount Fuji. Grant ...more
Joan Avera
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Easy read, great info

This is a very easy read and great for planning a trip to Japan. The Kindle edition is very easy to use on-the-go. Love that is easy to bookmark for quick reference and will definitely be coming with me when I'm able to travel.
Michelle Aquino
Oct 09, 2019
Susan Battaglene
Sep 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Lonely Planet Japan (Travel Guide)
  • A Geek in Japan: Discovering the Land of Manga, Anime, Zen, and the Tea Ceremony
  • Must-See Japan: The complete insider's guide to seeing the best of Japan in one trip
  • Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest, Vol. 4
  • Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest, Vol. 5
  • Golden Girls Cookbook: More than 90 Delectable Recipes from Blanche, Rose, Dorothy, and Sophia (ABC)
  • Voices in the Snow (Black Winter, #1)
  • Art of Coloring: Golden Girls: 100 Images to Inspire Creativity
  • Tokyo Maze – 42 Walks in and around the Japanese Capital: A Guide with 108 Photos, 48 Maps, 300 Weblinks and 100 Tips (Japan Travel Guide Series Book 1)
  • Super Cheap Japan: Budget Travel in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Hiroshima and Surrounding Areas
  • Ultimate Mass: 7 Secrets To Build Muscle Fast As Hell
  • Sol Campbell: The Authorised Biography
  • God Wants You Well: What the Bible Really Says about Walking in Divine Health
  • My Turn: The Autobiography
  • Japanese Etiquette: The Essential Guide to Japanese Traditions, Customs, and Etiquette
  • I Like to Watch: Arguing My Way Through the TV Revolution
  • Pretty Good Number One: An American Family Eats Tokyo
  • Sweet Sorrow

News & Interviews

“unique toilet ikebanas.” 0 likes
“This country also has the best customer service in the whole world. Waiters and service crews are not motivated by tips. They treat their job as if it’s their life mission.” 0 likes