Start by marking “Make Me Stay (Arizona Heat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Make Me Stay (Arizona Heat, #2)

Make Me Stay

(Arizona Heat #2)

I thought he was abducting me for dark pleasures. Instead, he cooked me breakfast.

Harper:
I don't get tangled up with men. I love them and leave them. Always have. I'm a drifter, traveling without any real destination in mind. Until my van gets stuck and a stern, strong cowboy literally puts me over his shoulder.
Settling down is starting to look like a good option. But I d
Published April 12th 2019 by Katie Douglas

To ask other readers questions about Make Me Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Me Stay

Sofia Lazaridou
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about the novella. On the very first sentence, I read about one of my pet peeves. The heroine was walking out of her one night stands house. Was that written just to drive home that Harper is the love them and leave them type? We already knew that. Anyway, after she leaves she goes to sleep in her van and trespasses on the property Barrett is working on. As she is trying to leave after he confronts her, her van gets stuck and Barrett goes into kidnapping mode. I was expecti ...more
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So I read the first one in this series and it was a little bit of a miss for me. But this one had a lot more chemistry and believability to it. And I enjoyed that a great deal.

Harper has been traveling America alone. She has no need to find a place to stay or a man to call her own. She enjoys her life and wants to keep it that way. But when she ends up parking in front of the Ranch that Barrett works at and he finds her there, things start getting a little hot.

Barrett has never wanted another w
Kathy Heare Watts
ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Once again, Ms. Katie Douglas has entertained me with a wonderful story, and I loved the chemistry between Barrett and Harper. This is the second book in the Arizona Heat series, but it reads well as a stand-alone. It will have a few people from book one.

Harper is a wandering soul, never settling down, taking root, just goes from town to town, she may stop for short periods of time to work and make some money, but then it’s back on the road. She will stop alongside the road at L
Kari Hansen
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harper’s lifestyle consists of living in her VW campervan while travelling wherever the whim takes her and not getting personally involved. When she parks for the night, she never intended to block the entrance to Lemon Tree Ranch and she now finds herself stuck and having to work for the grumpy man whose time she wasted.

Barrett is less than impressed to see the entrance to his ranch blocked however when he sees Harper he is not about to let her escape so easily. The chemistry between them is of
Gladys
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am enjoying the Arizona Heat series and I totally fell for this book. I adored Harper and Barrett. I thought that these two opposites made the most amazing couple. Their attraction was smoky and their chemistry steamy. The story was a wonderful blend of sweet poignancy, hot passion, drama, a bit of kink and plenty of emotional turmoil. When this cowboy with deep roots falls for a girl that lives her life on the move, you know that you are in for a romantic romp that will give you all the feels ...more
BooksRLife247
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
thought the character development was very good. I was vested in the outcome for each character almost from the very beginning. The plot was intriguing and unique as well as well-executed. The flow of the story was excellent; smooth transitions and voice throughout. The tale grabbed you from the very beginning where you were wondering what was happening and carried you to its very nice conclusion... I will certainly be on the lookout for more from this author."
Marika
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harper and Barrett sure meet in an unconventional way and they fall so madly in lust, they know only the basics, If that. They make it work, but both have secrets/ phobias they need to share or confront...and the time comes to pay up!
It was certainly hot and quick read. I liked the characters and their story.
Isha Coleman
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
She wants freedom. He craves forever. Harper and Barrett are like oil and water. She likes the wind in her hair. He loves the roots at his feet. Can a cowboy tame a wandering heart and make her stay forever? Make Me Stay puts a firebrand on the heart. Harper and Barrett are like a wildfire. Their attraction is set to topple everything in it's path. He craves her. She wants him, but her heart belongs to the open road. Or does it? Make Me Stay is hotbed of heat.
Books Laid Bare
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A super quick, super sexy read that was every bit as fantastic as the first in the series.
This is Harper and Barrett’s story and it was wonderfully descriptive. I loved that the author gave me a lot to get myself caught up with, I felt entangled in their lives and that kept me glued to the screen of my kindle.
Harper was a totally free spirit, and she was enjoying life on the road, her way of escaping the expectations of everyone in her life and refusing to live a life that she hasn’t got the hea
Badh
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like this series, there's a lot of love going on, and a lot of tension, which makes the story just perfect. This one overlaps the first book in time, but it's a standalone, so if you haven't read the first one, you won't get lost, but who wants to jump into a series right in the middle?

Harper is always on the run, she's trying to find something, and she figures that she will find it on the road, somewhere. But then she parks in front of the farm entrance of the Lemon Tree Ranch, and ends up h
Sue
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harper had never realised that parking across an access road would change her life forever…
Barrett had been angry when he saw the vehicle parked across the field causing him considerable inconvenience so he had insisted she spend the day working on the farm and six days later she still finds her self there in his bed, and in is heart they are so compatible as though they have been together always.
After a sudden panic attack Harper had run leaving a totally bereft Barrett behind without any idea
Jessica
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Make Me Stay is the second book in the Arizona Heat series, but reads well as a stand alone. Harper has a wandering soul, but when she’s rudely awoken one morning by a real cowboy, she doesn’t realize her life is about to change. Barrett knows instantly that he doesn’t want Harper to leave, but just as he gets comfortable, will Harper feel content staying?

I really enjoyed this book! There’s such a strong connection between Barrett and Harper and I loved that both felt a little bit broken from t
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Arizona is about to get a whole lot hotter and naughtier with the next brother in this series. He's about to find his forever when and where he least expects it, but only if he can catch her first.

Katie Douglas is back with the next book in this Arizona Heat series and just like the first book, I was hooked from the very beginning (I mean did you check out that blurb?!) and really enjoyed this fast-paced, sexy, sweet, all of the feels- standalone contemporary romance.

Make Me Stay gives u
Anna
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harper doesn’t let the grass grow under her feet. No Sir. In her VW campervan, she drives wherever her van takes her and never settles down long enough to get itchy to move on. That is, she doesn’t settle until she parks in front of Lemon Tree Ranch and catches the ire and the eye of cowboy/alpha rancher Barrett. But once Barrett literally and figuratively catches her, Harper is ensnared by Mr. Grumpy Cowboy and between their push-pull as well as her internal struggle, she stays longer than she ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harper is a love em & leave em kinda of girl who makes no apologies for it because she doesn't want to settle down anywhere. However that all changes when her van gets stuck somewhere that she didn't mean to get caught up at, and a loud mouth cowboy named Barrett makes her do work for blocking his vehicle. That leads them into this super sexy affair that could set the barn on fire, that's how hot it is, but just when Barrett thinks that she would give them a chance, she flees the scene in fe ...more
Amy Stephens
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super fun story!

Katie Douglas roped me into the Arizona Heat series with the first book and I couldn't wait to dive into Make Me Stay, book two. Both books are standalones in the series, but if you've read book one, you're going to really love Harper and Barrett's story.

What can I say, Harper is such a fun character and I could read about her forever. Everything about her, her ways, her free-spirit, her spontaneity. Who knew that one person could change her though! When a sexy cowboy enters the
Amy [The Little Bookworm]
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harper is running until she finds herself at Lemon Tree Ranch and sexy cowboy Barrett is making her stay. Despite a life of running, will he be the man who changes her and makes her stay?

Barrett is man looking to settle when the blonde-haired Harper comes into his life and she is the exact opposite of him. Their chemistry is instant and it is EXPLOSIVE. This was a quick and steamy read, definitely worth it if you are a fan of cowboy romances. It is the second book in the Arizona Heat series and
Tara Peters
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Barrett and Harper meet when she falls asleep at the end of the lane and he can't get his work done. He decides to block her in and when he wakes her up, he decides that he is going to make her work the inconvenience off by helping him on the ranch. This is a pretty fast paced book, so once they get together things progress quickly.
She is always on the road and doesn't like to get attached or stay in one place for long. She finds it hard to leave, but also realized that she is comfortable with
Kristine L.
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harper is a free spirit. She's use to love them and leave them and keep making tracks. She ends up going to sleep in her van and the next morning she's woken up by someone banging on her window. She finds that someone has blocked her van and he's going to make her work on the ranch for one day because she caused him some inconvenience while he was checking the cattle. Barrett and Harper have this special connection. They get along really great and Harper finds that she likes staying with Barrett ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am already loving this series and we are only in the second book! Barrett works at the Lemon Tree Ranch and is the cow manager who doesn’t speak much, but when he does he always has important insight. Harper is running from life. She bought a VW van and is living out of it by her choice. When she illegally parks blocking the entrance to the Lemon Tree Ranch it’s on from there. Barrett then makes a deal with Harper because he doesn’t want her to leave but he doesn’t exactly know why. Harper ac ...more
Kelly Graham
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The 2nd book in this series and I have to say I preferred this to book 1, although both quick, hot reads the characters don't seem as rushed in this book so u get to know them a little bit before the steamy action starts.
Harper never stays in 1 place, constantly on the road moving from place to place diner to diner.
Running from what ? I'm not even sure she knows.
Stopping for a rest she inadvertently blocks access to the ranch Barrett works on. Barrett literally throws her over his shoulder, smac
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I loved everything about this story. Barrett was sexy, rugged, and everything you could want from a cowboy. Harper is a free spirit. She wants to see the world. But when she gets too tired to continue her journey, she stops for the night on the side of the road. What she didn't bargain for was meeting Barrett. I loved how strong Harper was in the face of a new challenge. But it also broke my heart how vulnerable she was. She needs love. She needs
Gaynor Jones
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One wrong turn.......

Harper thinks she is a free spirit, but she seems to be on the run from life and herself. In search of an elusive something, yet she doesn't know what that is.
On a brief rest stop she meets Barret after she unintentionally ticks him off. Barret has his own plans for retribution.
This starts a flaming hot affair, but when things get to "real" Harper panics and in doing so she causes unimaginable physical and emotional pain and damage.
Is Harper strong enough to try again, will
Maureen
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harper is as free as a bird going from place to place as she sees fit in her little VW van. Till one night, tied from driving she parks unknowly across the entrance to the Ranch.
She is rudely awaken the next morning by a easy on the eyes cvowboy who is demanding that she works on the ranch for one week, not happy with this she tries to back her van up and gets caught in the sand.
Barrett took Harper inside for some bacon and eggs, next thing she was fixing his old truck, then she was over his sho
Dana Busenbark
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who is Harper? Why do we find her sneaking out in the middle of the night? Who is Barrett? Where do we find him at? What happens when Harper forgets to set her alarm one night? WHo are CLay and Lawson? When Harper spooks herself with her own thoughts, she runs. What happens? This story was fun and sweet to read. I enjoyed Alanna and didn't care for Clarissa. Read and find out why.

RECEIVED THIS BOOK AS A GIFT FOR A FAIR/HONEST REVIEW and REVIEWER FOR Bloggin' With M. Brennan.
Kathryn  CLiK Book Blog
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Make Me Stay - Arizona Heat #2 - Katie Douglas
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Harper is running from a life she doesn’t even know she wants but when she inadvertently blocks the entrance to Lemon Tree Ranch, a very surly cowboy called Barrett, just might have to take action.

Barrett is unprepared for the blonde haired, sassy vixen who’s blocked the gate but he’s willing to teach her a lesson..... a very thorough lesson.

Another super hot rancher romance from Katie Douglas. Loved the banter and the characters are so likeable
Mrs Hudson
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An addictive series

I read the first in the series and loved it. When the second arrived as an ARC I devoured the book the same evening.

The blurb gives you a good background to this short story and other reviews are extremely positive but it still surprised and delighted me when Katie Douglas was able to pull together characters that you care about, and would really like to know, an extraordinary skill in short books.

Highly recommended

I received this book as an ARC ... etc etc... but this is my
Natalie Johnson
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harper is running from something that she’s not even sure of. She is living in her van, never putting down roots and drifting from place to place. Barrett is a cowboy on the Lemon Tree Ranch and when Harper pulls off on the Ranch’s property to sleep. The run in that occurs is comical.

I loved the banter between these characters. They kept me laughing and there were some tearful moments also. This is the second book in this series and I can’t wait to read the next book about these sexy cowboys.
Gwen Shafer
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second book in this series. I have to say this one is my favorite out of the two. Just something about this one. Harper is a traveler. She likes to go and doesn't like to stay in one place. But then she ends up getting struck at the ranch where Barrett is. Instant chemistry between these two. I absolutely loved the story line and the characters. Just something about Barrett being able to calm Harper so that she doesn't run. The sex in this one is off the charts hot. Very well written enjoyable b ...more
Ellen Shannon
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing story! I loved reading about Harper and Barrett. I didn't want it to end.

Harper has been traveling around the country for a couple of years now. After a late night, she parks in the wrong spot or it may have been the best thing to happen in her life. She meets Barrett after he blocks her in. He is upset because she has blocked the way for him to do his job on the Lemon Tree Ranch. They had a rough start but slowly they start growing closer. Harper gets scared and runs away. W
USA-today and worldwide number 1 bestselling author Katie Douglas is the sort of incorrigible British girl you'd find at St Trinian's. She recently quit her job as a school librarian in China to write full-time. She is also a webcomic artist and has degrees in archaeology, computer science and chemistry education, which explains why she mostly writes Scottish and Victorian historical romance or sc ...more

Arizona Heat (2 books)
  • Tie Me Down (Arizona Heat, #1)