Start by marking “The Pieces that Built Him (The Pieces Collection, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Pieces that Built Him (The Pieces Collection, #2)

The Pieces that Built Him (The Pieces Collection, #2)

The world was at my fingertips and I lost it, leaving my heart shattered as everything slipped through my fingers. But I had to let it all go. In truth, I am my own worst enemy.

Revenge was the only thing I cared about until her. It consumed me. It also pushed the only good thing I had away.

Now I'm fighting for the life of the woman I love, all because of a past I wouldn'
Paperback
Published April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Pieces that Built Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pieces that Built Him

Teri
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you ask him he was a monster, created by his environment, his betrayals, his family. He had so much anger and bitterness seeped into his soul that it was black. He would avenge everything that had been done to him. She was hungry, so damned hungry. You would think the punishment for stealing the measly food that had been left unattended, but that wasn't the case. I am not used to this kind of darkness coming from this author but MAN it's an amazing read. This author doesn't skimp on emotions ...more
Michelle Heron
Shelves: 2019-reads
I'm soo into The Pieces that Built Him!!! 💜 I'm at the point where I don't want Ben and Piper's story to end but on the other hand I really really want them to discover how good they could be for each other.

Piper!!! Oh poor Piper, I see so much of myself in you that it hurts, yet heals, when I read your story. Stay strong girl I'm rooting for you.
💜
Ben, oh sweet misunderstood Ben. I loved you in The Pieces that Built Me and I'm loving you even more now that we've gotten a closer look into your
Atlanta Whitlock
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read Amber Lacie’s work before then you should know that she’s going to throw some curveballs at you and also run your emotions pretty high, and this book is no exception…. She’s done the same again. If you’ve read The Pieces That Built Me, then you’ll understand how emotional that book was and know all the ins and outs, so when you do dive into this one this book will make a lot of sense. Now don’t get me wrong, you could read this book as a standalone if you really wanted to, but to ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I am so in love with this story. It is dark and heavy but at the same time sweet and light too, it’s the perfect combination. I admit I was on edge but there were times when I got so caught up with the emotional side; I could forget the darkness. The story flows nicely and it’s an easy read, not overly detailed but with enough depth for a great emotional story.

With loveable characters that captured my heart this story is written in a dual POV, which I love. Being inside the thoughts and hearts
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
A story full of so much emotion you won’t know what to feel first! Ben has never wanted to be the devil of anyone’s story but the craziness of his life has lead him to be the darkest of knights! He has revenge filling his soul but fate hands him over something he never intended; redemption! Pipers life wasn’t always dark and hollow! She once had hope and was full of life but that has been replaced by fear and despair! At the end of her rope Piper finds herself being saved by the most unlikely pe ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Pieces that Built Him wasn't an easy story to read, as it had some serious dark & twisty moments so not for the faint of heart. Ben was set up by someone who should have had his back, and he did many years in prison, and when he finally got out, all he wanted was his revenge. Things took a different turn when he came across a girl Piper, who was hungry, stole some bread, and ended up in a hell for it. It looks like he rescued her from her hell, but at the end of the day, who really rescu ...more
Rebecca
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I have a weak spot for Bad Boys and fell in love with Ben Oxley in Book 1 of this collection. I was so excited to see him get his own book. A chance for revenge & redemption. This story is dark and gritty, full of twists and secrets. True to Ambers style it has all the feels, with characters you'll love and those you will love to hate. The main characters Ben & Piper are so broken yet their personal strength is inspiring. They have both been through so much and their protectiveness, thei ...more
Kari Hansen
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After being imprisoned for years for something he wasn’t guilty of Ben has been released and his primary goal is to get his revenge against the people who were responsible for putting him there. He barely recognizes the man he is now and the only thing he does know if that he doesn’t deserve anything good in his life and that includes Piper.

Piper has endured so much, and she believes she has hit bottom, but she has a strength and resilience that is second to none. She sees underneath Ben’s hard
Laid-back Book Bitches
I honestly have no idea where to start this. If you have read any of Amber's book you know that when I say she he the Queen of Ugly Cries, it's the truth. There was one point in this book I was crying so hard i had to step away. This book was no different, my emotions was all over the place. I feel in Love with Ben right away in Book 1. Ben's main goal after being released from prison is to get his revenge. He barely recognizes the man he has become. Piper was at the wrong place at the wrong tim ...more
Andrea
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sophie Koufes
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pieces that Built Him is a little darker read than this authors other books.

The Pieces that Built Me which is book one of The Pieces Collection is where we first met Ben Oxley. This is his story, told in duo pov.

This novel will captivate you all the way through till the very end keeping you on the qui vive.

Character's are compelling with complex personalities.

Betrayal, passion, and suspense trickling throughout the narrative.

Brimming with lust, a dark & gritty angsty read with secrets
Lynn
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unbelievably good book

Tate Oxley is a drug kingpin whose daughter was killed and blames his son. Tate rules his empire with an iron fist and has many who are in his employ. Ben, Tate's son, wants to destroy his father. Ben finds a young woman, Piper, who has been abused by his father's cronies and hides her but trouble is never ending.
Amber Lacie has this story so complex and interesting that you can't help but keep reading. The character's mesh together in an ending I didn't see coming. There i
Deanne Taylor
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had no clue what to expect.......Ben Oxley was not a favorite character of mine in book one!!!
But you know.......Amber Lacie managed to make me actually LIKE him! I wanted him to have a HEA of his own, but could see no way for it to happen. His life has been nothing but trouble and pain.
Piper, she's so strong.....her story was painful, I could see what she saw in Ben. Was hoping she'd fine some happy on her life.
This was so good, dark, with damaged characters I found myself attached to.
Guess I
Sarah Murphy
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Ben! I can’t tell you how much I loved this book! Ever since August & Arlo(read book 1 people) got together I have been waiting for Ben to get his redemption, and I just knew he wasn’t as bad as he made himself out to be. Piper is perfectly damaged, which makes her perfect for Ben. With plenty of plot twists, passion, and perilous times to be had, this book was a page turner from start to finish. I also love how this book ties into the previous book, as well as the Love Ever After Series. ...more
Karen
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm always in awe when it comes to Amber Lacie's book but this time she really did it. This book had me going through all the emotions. Amber Lacie gave you the raw emotion of a man (Benny) that had nothing to lose until he met a dirty beat up young women (Piper) that changes his life. This book is fantastic but totally different from all Amber Lacie's books. She has touched on the dark side of humanity but this time she dug in really deep and showed you the underbelly of the drug world. Can't w ...more
Angie
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn, Amber Lacie knows how to pour all the feels into a book! I've been not so patiently waiting for book 2 in The Pieces Collection and let me tell you, that wait was soooo worth it! Oh, Ben has my heart. I've loved him since book 1 and could not wait to see how his story would unfold. It was perfect; dark, angsty, lust filled and I even laughed at times. Ben is everything.

The writing is, once again, flawless. The story flowed perfectly and you are left feeling all the feels for this man and
Clare
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. This book is the second book in a series. Amber Lacie is an author that is going to make you laugh, or make you cry. This book made me cry. Ben is the ultimate antihero. Piper is the ultimate damsel in distress, who is stronger than she thinks. But, somehow, they fit. This book is fraught with tension, as I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. After all of the ups and downs, it had a perfect HEA.
Theresa
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waited for, not disappointed! Ben oh Ben, I waited for your story. You were worth the wait!
This is the second book in this series. In the first we read what Arlo was going through trapped between loving 2 men.
This one was what Ben went through losing what he thought was his love, only to find fate had other things in store for him. I loved how Ben's story unfolded and where it ended.
This is definitely a page turner,stay up all night, ignore responsibilities and not regret it book.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Ben is trying to work through his mess of a life. Hell-bent on getting revenge on his father for years he spent in prison, life throws him a curve ball. Piper has never had it easy and it only seems life just keeps getting worse. When she wishes for her death, has she finally been sent a savior? When Ben discovers Piper, they may just discover that two very broken people may be able to heal each other. This book is suspenseful and full of twist and turns and will keep you flipping pages.
Crystal Gray
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am at a loss for words. Ben has been through so much, it just keeps coming at him. Piper, wow what the heck?!?! What a rough beginning. Can these two overcome their past demons to help each other out?

I strongly recommend reading The Pieces that Built Me first.
Lawonda
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Amber’s work has me speechless! I have read all of her books and I love each and every one of them! This book was a dark and emotional one for sure and with secrets. The story flowed perfectly and the characters were flawless. Amber definitely knows how to play with my heart. I fell for Ben Oxly in book one but fell hard in this one. He says he is a monster but Piper says different. His only goal was to safe his woman. I cannot wait to read more of Amber’s work!
Jodi - Sexy Books & Sarcasm
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the first word?

Amber has a way of telling a story that’ll scoop you up, and take you on the ride of your life. You will, legit, feel every emotion you’ve ever known, and then some!

If you want to know how a story can be tragic and beautiful at the same time, then read this book. I. An promise you that you will NOT be disappointed!
Krista
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark. Gritty. Hot alpha male and a feisty female. Drugs, mob, FBI, suspense and throw in some hot sex and you've got one hell of a story! Amber Lacie just never disappoints with her stories. This was a great story with great characters. You can't help but be in Ben's corner, even if he isn't a nice guy . . . . all the time. You want him to win and find happiness. So good!!!!!
Mel
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The peices that built him are the peices that broke me. This book was beyond what I expected. I was torn in so many ways and everytime I thought I knew what was going to happen something else came along. Every book I have read from Amber has taken me through the wringer and left conflicted and emotional
Lori Hammons
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ben and Piper's story is a page turner. Ms. Lacie has a way of spreading the feels all over the pages. I loved the analogy towards the end; the pieces that built Ben were always there. Piper just helped Ben see them.
Ebbie ~Author Groupies
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read! I loved Piper In the first book and her even more now. Ben has grown on me. I think he might have just been misunderstood. This story has all the feels and left me full of emotions. This was a great addition to the Pieces Collection.
Mindy McCray
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first title I have read by this author and it won't be the last! I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but I fell inlove with Ben and Piper! I loved everything about this book and can't wait to see what Amber Lacie gives us next!
Belinda Visser
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Absolutely fantastic book. What a twist that I didn’t see coming, I was god smack. The build up of tension had me on edge of my seat and hot sexy scenes had me fanning myself. I loved the ending. It’s perfection. Highly recommend reading this book.
Josie
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Oh my gosh, I loved this book. I can't get enough of Ben. I am so glad he found Piper and was able to keep her. I can't wait to read the next book.
Indie-Award Winning Author Amber Lacie is about all things books, glitter, and shenanigans. Never without a book or caffeinated goodness, she's managed a husband that worships at her alter and two awesome kiddos, all while pumping out tales of love and suspense. Growing up in Chicagoland, she's seen the nitty, and knows the gritty. As for love and home, that landed her in Beverly Shores, Indiana w ...more