Start by marking “Unexpected Love (A Moment in Time)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Love (A Moment in Time)

Unexpected Love

(Moment in Time #1)

When I said, "I do," I meant it for life.
When he said, "I do," he didn't mean it at all.

Divorced and single, I'm ready to find true love.
When a business deal requires me to create an online dating account,
I find myself drawn to Mister_Mystery.

He's not looking for love.
I'm not looking for another lie.

We decide to never meet.
But fate has something very different in min
Published May 20th 2019 (first published May 17th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Love

Start your review of Unexpected Love (A Moment in Time)
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
This was drama, drama and more drama.
I liked the heroine’s bff. Her book is next I’ll be sure to read it.
I’ve been reading books where the hero can’t keep their dicks in their pants but this one was loyal. I didn’t cared how they demonized the hero’s ex. She was on drugs and hero should have helped her.

#Safe.
Anna
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Quite enjoyed this one but didn't like very much
Faithful from meeting main characters. Ex- drama.
Kid from previous relationship.
But I hate that hero was calling names his ex, mother of his kid all the time! I know you call things for what they are, but where was you while having sex with her? She wasn't"bitc*" at that time??
Heroine quite good. But she wasn't strong strong, through the story she became kind of martyr for hero's sake. Why didn't she do things for herself??
And there were a lot, a
Lydia H
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristin Mayer writes the swooniest heroes ever, I swear. Lucian was 100% yummy. He was kind, generous, protective, and sexy AF. I loved reading his scenes with Remmy! Swoooon!

Addilyn was a great character too! Witty, sweet, strong, and super kind-hearted. She had gone through a tough situation but she didn’t allow that to define her, but rather make her stronger, and I loved that about her.

The chemistry between Lucian and Addilyn was undeniable. Their story was a sweet one with more than a few
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
↪ R E V I E W ↩

Not my first read by this author & every single book I have read has been a TOP FAVORITE!! This one takes the cake, the words and actions...just perfect!

This story is unique, easy to read and OH SO ROMANTIC. The way they meet, the way Lucian (by the way THE MOST PERFECT NAME FOR THIS HERO!) and Addilyn technically meet, fate has a strange way of working. I will tell you that you will enjoy all the side characters BUT you will FALL IN LOVE with the hero and heroine! The events that
Thuy Taylor
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristin Mayer has done it again. This book was fan freakintastic. You need this book! I just could not put it down. She writes the swooniest, protective, loving, sweetest heros everrrr.

Addilyn has been through the ringer terribly and she is just picking up the pieces and getting her life back together, starting over. Lucian is going through a divorce and major custody battle. He is fighting hard for his son, Remmy. Lucian is the PERFECT loving, protective father anyone could ask for. Oh my, his
Jenny
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, tour
Unexpected Love was hands down was one of my great romance read for this year. Addilyn and Lucian's were both wary of getting out there to build a relationship. uffering from a nasty divorce and still recovering, They met through a dating app that Addilyn was working out on and instantly connected. Things get real interesting when they unofficially met each other at a toy drive and felt the atttaction. Imagine later on when they learned the truth of their real identity.

I couldn't get enough of
Kylee
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected Love is a book that will fill your heart with love, warmth and happiness. Lucian and Addilyn have both loved and lost in love, something that should have them second guessing the attraction between them. These two characters show strength and give you inspiration that you will feel deep into your soul. Their path to true love is not easy and is filled with complications and heartache, but all the angst and mayhem will be worth the satisfaction and contentment that their story will lea ...more
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book completely blind. I didn’t read the blurb. That being said I love Kristin Mayer, so I knew that this book would be amazing and I was not disappointed.

Addilyn was abandoned, she was hurt, she was drug through the trenches and still has managed to come out strong on the other end. She is a true fighter, especially when she could have given up so many times. I love a strong heroine.

Lucian, that man is EXTREMELY swoon worthy. His protectiveness, his sweet side, his kind side
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
This book definitely exceeded my expectations, especially after it was my first full read by Kristin! I found her previously through a book she wrote with Kelly Elliott, and I loved that book so much that I decided to give this one a shot, and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it! Addilyn has been pretty shy on easing back into the dating world after a bad divorce, much like Lucian. When they meet on chance after talking through a dating app, they decide to give a relationship a g ...more
Nancy Metsch
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was floored by this book.
Lucian Black owns me, hook, line and sinker along with his son sweet little boy Remmy. There are so many things to say. Lucian is a good man with a heart of gold. JUST don't mess with him. He loves with all he has.
Addilyn DeRoss had a rough start. She was lucky enough to have a grandmother who loved with her whole heart,
Neither of them were looking for love, much less a relationship. BUT as always fate has other plans. Kristin took me on a roller coaster of emotion
Lynne Garlick
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My!! Seriously, Kristin Mayer has done it again! Unexpected Love drew me in from the first page, the connection between Lucian and Addilyn was almost instant. Both being scarred from previous relationships hadn't deterred them from the feelings they had for each other, but there seemed so many obstacles to over come. It was truly a beautiful thing to watch as their relationship changed and grew. Would they find their HEA? And then there was Remmy, Lord he totally melted my heart!
I did not w
Isha Coleman
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Kristin Mayer goes right for the emotions with Lucian and Addilyn. Unexpected Love has the heart in it's sights and keeps true to that target right on through. Broken hearts, second chances and the complicated steps that get us there, are at the center of a happily ever after in the making. A beautiful ending to a heartbreaking start. ...more
Karen Sedgman
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story! Unexpected Love is a story that draws you into Addilyn & Lucian love story, the connection was instant! Both have been mistreated by previous partners! But these two found that overwhelming love with each other, perfect ending! Looking forward to reading more by Kristin!
Lara Bayfield
Good but lacking something

I've read this author before and enjoyed the foster brothers books.I enjoyed this book but was expecting something more gripping or exciting to happen but it never did. I think for me I needed it a bit more sexy and a bit more gritty - the characters although good - they were a bit too good to be true.

Nina Wallace
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Liz
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently found Kristin Mayer and have been loving every book I have read of hers so far. In Unexpected Love we get the story of unexpected possibilities full of charm and the best kind of feels! I devoured this story from start to finish. It was such a fun and sweet journey.

Though Addalyn could have easily fallen into despair after everything she has been through, she was strong and determined. I loved that about her. But she was not ready for anything new right now. Lucian stole my heart. He
Rebecca Austin
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Addilyn DeRoss is ready to start over after she got her ex-husband cheating on her. After it taking a year to get divorced she has spent the last 2 years in NYC rebuilding her life with help from her bestie Wynter.

Lucian Black is a single dad to son Remmy and he is working hard at retaining full custody of his son from his ex-wife Crystal. Lucian is the owner of Black Media and has been testing out a dating app lately and has become friends with a woman named Aurora Rose.

When Lucian and Addy m
Lisa Waugh
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucian, LUCIAN.....L.U.C.I.A.N!!!!!! Yes all caps must be used when typing his name! Seriously, he has got to be one of my top bbf’s ever! Kristin has always written the most captivating stories...from her very first novel to Unexpected Love, and when it comes to her characters this is no exception!
With a superb storyline of love, betrayal, loss and a bit of suspense thrown in the mix, you can’t help but to be in it for the long haul. Leading characters who light up the pages made reading this
Chiquita  Bee
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delicious

I absolutely could not get enough of Unexpected Love by Kristin Mayer, I was hooked after the first few pages. The storyline is filled with so much heartache and heartbreak for the main characters of Addilyn, a marketing delight and Lucian Black, a billionaire business man who splits the custody of his three year old son, Remmy, who he shares with his crazy ex-wife. Addilyn was shattered when she discovered that her ex-Braeden had a child with another wife, so headed to New York to star
Franci Neill
5 They Create Their Own World Stars!!!

I say this with every book Ms. Mayer writes….I FREAKING LOVED this book!!! Lucian, Addilyn and Remmy are EVERYTHING!! These two were definitely NOT looking for love and in fact were doing everything possible to avoid it. But sometimes fate has other plans and given that they “met” before they actually meet just made it that much better!

Lucian is a man that is all alpha all the time…except when it comes to his son Remmy and then he’s in alpha overdrive pr
Reviews from the Heart
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
You have to love UNEXPECTED LOVE in all scenarios, and in Kristin Mayer's case Unexpected Love is one of those scenarios. Kristin Mayer has the ability to write anything, and no matter the trope I will love it. Her writing shows no bounds and is done with such grace, it makes reading her words that much easier. Unexpected Love is truly what this book is about. It was set at such a wonderful pace, with twists and turns that were not over done or drawn out. It made for a more fulfilling read that ...more
Lynn Lim
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!!!! BOOK!!!!
Unexpected Love by the fabulous Kristin Mayer, has become one of my absolute favorites of 2019!! Highly emotional (have the tissues ready ladies), humorous, and mysterious.
I absolutely LOVED everything in this book!! Lucian and Addilyn blew my mind, their love for each other…sigh! Every person’s dream, to find that kind of love. Especially, after they were both so hurt by previous relationships, their love was just astounding!!! I loved ALL of the characters in this book, b
Rachel Dunk
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This novel by Kristin Mayer is very much a millionaire love story. Our leading lady, Addilyn, is smart and witty and brave. She is living paycheck to paycheck after her first marriage ending left her with nothing. At first, I was under the impression that this book was going to be about two people meeting online and falling in love. I thought “Oh wow! That could be a really interesting book!”. Turns out it wasn’t reeeally about that, which left me wanting a bit…

We get to experience real life iss
Jennifer Pierson
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a HUGE fan of Kristin Mayer's stories, so I'm not sure she's ever write one that I won't love, and Unexpected Love did not disappoint. I mean, Lucian, holy hell, is he YUMMY Usually I don't use that word often, but it's only fitting for him. He's the hero who I fell in love with instantly. Our heroine was Addalyn, who went through something sucky & emotional, but luckily, it didn't bring her to her knees, though painful. Nope, it only made her stronger so yay for GIRL POWER! She & Lucian wer ...more
Sarah Dale
Its been a while since I read a Kristin Mayer book and im not sure why that it but I was completely enamoured with this one. It captivated me from beginning to end and gave me some yummy hero's to swoon and dream over.

I am totally in love with Lucian, he is extremely swoon-worthy and hot AF as a seriosuly protective and loving father. He is going through a nasty divorce and a major custody battle. His son Remmy, so cute!!!

Addilyn has been through so much and is trying to put her life back toget
Amy  Crull
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is sweet, sexy and has a surprises that pop up at certain times. I absolutely LOVED this book! My heart broke when the characters did, I gasped at all the moments they did and found myself swooning when Lucian did something sweet for Addilyn. They move semi fast in this book due to the fact they've been talking thru an dating app. I loved the moment after they met and realized who each other was. It was perfection! Both characters have been burned by marriage and very hesitant to jump ...more
Penny Layne
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's funny how one little sentence can change your life...“I’d recommend the hot dog stand on Madison and 55th.”

Addilyn works in marketing a new dating app. (Let's be honest, I'm not technology savvy, so the job aspect was over my head) But to get a true grasp of this app, she makes herself a profile and goes on, immediately clicking with another user, Mister Mystery. Mister Mystery and Aurora Rose chat often but never give intimate or personal details. (Think You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and
Lisa   cheney
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book more than anything, yes it's a boy meets girl, girl falls for boy But there is so much more that is in this book that you will be like YES Kristin Mayer is a GOD. Addilyn never dreamed that she would be divorced and starting all over in a new town new job but she is doing it. working for an agency that is launching a dating app she has to make sure of what she is pitching so she goes on the app on to start talking to Mister Mystery. Lucian Black is a Man who doesn't have the ti ...more
Zamantha
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, Love, Loved it!

Addilyn DeRoss is a beautiful soul who has been burned by her past, but she is moving on in her life to make it better. She is thriving and working hard to be her own woman without needing a man. Until one day her and her Mystery Man meet although they were never supposed too. From there she will find out what it is when things come unexpectedly.

Lucian Black, head of black media is going through some hard times after his own problems from the past keep coming up. He doesn'
Mary Fazzi
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Addilyn hasn’t always had it easy. Her mom drop her at the door of her Grammie never came back for her. She married a man who had crushed her trust and hope of a great life with lies upon lies. She left her life with a few items from her grandma and clothes. She needed to walk away and start over. She moved to the big city where her best friend Wynter was. They have been friends for awhile and will Addilyn not having any other family she needed someone. As Addilyn works she was helping with an a ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dangerous Temptations
  • Adore Me (Austin Singles, #3)
  • Play Me
  • The Difference
  • Love at First Sight (Southern Bride, #1)
  • Delicate Promises (Southern Bride, #2)
  • Feels Like Home (Southern Bride, #5)
  • Take Me Away (Southern Bride, #6)
  • Good Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #3)
  • Lucky in Love (Southern Bride, #4)
  • Piece by Piece (The Riggins Brothers #2)
  • Divided Interests (Southern Bride, #3)
  • It's Not Over (Fair Lakes, #1)
  • Layer by Layer (Riggins Brothers #1)
  • Entice Me (Austin Singles #2)
  • Lucky Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals, #3)
  • A Fierce Princess (The Poisoned Pawn Duet, #1)

Moment in Time (2 books)
  • Complicated Love (Moment In Time #2)