Start by marking “In Other Words” as Want to Read:
In Other Words

In Other Words

DEXTER

I'm the smart one, a serious nerd, a nice guy.

I never expected to become best friends with a gorgeous cheerleader.

And yeah, you can probably guess, I fell for her, but it's not what you think.

I love her quick wit, her brilliant mind, and her huge heart.

I'm not that gangly kid anymore.

When she moves back to town, the plan is to tell her everything.

All I want is fo
Published April 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about In Other Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Other Words

Start your review of In Other Words
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Sara, ☆☆☆☆

I love reading a book that actually makes me laugh out loud and this one definitely did. I am such a sucker for “dad jokes” and funny puns and this book made my heart happy. The relationship between Dex and Clair is so refreshing - best friends to lovers with a HEA.
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the author. The opinions in my review are my own.

This was such a sweet and fun read. It has characters that will keep you glued to the pages. I finished this book in a single sitting because I just couldn't put it down.

The characters in this story are great. I loved Dex and Clair. Dex is pretty much my ultimate book boyfriend. Sexy nerd to the max. I adored him. I loved that even though he was succes
Avidez Literaria
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
“I just want you to be happy,” he pulls me into his chest for a hug. “I’ve only ever wanted you to be happy. I’d do anything to make that happen, no matter what. You know that, right? No matter how big, and no matter what the sacrifice.”

Sinclair and Dexter are best friends. And they are completely in love with each other. But neither knows that. After all, Dexter does not think a beautiful woman like her would be interested in a nerd like him. Just as Sinclair does not think that someone intelli
Ga Books LoverX
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet read and I loved the play on words!

Sinclair was a popular girl back in school, the cheerleader, absolutely gorgeous, and a great personality. Dex was the skinny, nerdy TA that saw that she had a lot more than just a pretty face.
These two quickly became best friends because they enjoyed each others brains and humor and just felt as if they could be themselves around each other.

What neither of them failed to realize was just how much the other really cared about them and it was a
The Lusty Literarians
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Other Words is such a fun read! I loved every minute of it. Dexter is the cute nerdy guy we all knew in high school. You know who I'm talking about, the one that doesn't grow into their body until they are older, then they're the super hot guy who still has the nice guy persona. Sinclair is a perfect compliment to him. She has always been hot and popular, but guys only ever get attracted to her based on her looks. They hardly ever value her for her brain and personality, which is a shame beca ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
In Other Words is an enjoyable secret crush/best friend’s romance inspired by Cyrano de Bergerac.

Dex and Clair have been best friends for years, and secretly in love with one another. She liked him log before nerdy Dex became a hot nerd. But neither of them ever acted on their feelings, and they have no idea the other feels the same way. Just when Clair is about to tell him how she really feels, Dex introduces her to his buddy and business partner, Cole. The pro baller sweeps Clair off her feet
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
In Other Words by Jennifer Woodhull was a nice surprise. It was a fun and charming slow burning romance between two longtime friends. Dexter and Sinclair seem like total opposites, but once they meet and become friends, they are inseparable. What the other never knows is that they both have feelings for the other, but neither thinks the other would feel the same.

I loved Dexter, he was not only smart and a successful entrepreneur, but he was sweet and caring as well. Sinclair was fun and sweet a
Autumn (Triquetra Reviews)
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, feel-good story! I read through this one pretty quickly - almost in one sitting!

My only issue would be how some parts are just a *tad* cliche, I'm tired of super beautiful, but still really smart, but also super sexy, and yet just a touch nerdy type of girls. With all these young people being super successful, and put together and just able to take flights around the world, and have the best friends, and the best parents...I don't know. I'm around the age that these characters are (or I'm
Miranda Knight
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've looked forward to reading this book since the moment I read the blurb even more so when I received the cover reveal with the adorable nerd hottie. I did a happy dance when Inkslinger PR notified me that I would receive an ARC. I don't do that with many books. Each teaser and snippet just built up my inner bookworm. The entire time, hoping the book lives up to all the hype. Thankfully, it did--actually made my heart sing. I loved it so much that I read it in one sitting and was still thinkin ...more
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I'm not going to lie...I fell in love with everything about this story. I loved Dexter's love for Clair, but Clair was the same. Then these two finally got over themselves they were great to watch. While there is a lot of these type of stories out right now what made this one stand out for me was how funny it was. I laughed through most of this book. I loved the friendship these two had most of all.

This book was wonderfully written. I found it to
Messy Bun Book Blog
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet book! Friends to Lovers with a slow burn! Well written with amazing characters! Well worth the read!
Abby
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
Sweet, romantic slow-burn! Whew! This was a very enjoyable friends to lovers read. Full review to come.

This was my first Jennifer Woodhull book and I really enjoyed it! Clair and Dexter have a history. Of being friends. But at one point or another they've secretly harbored feelings for the other. Without the other knowing. Fast forward to adult-hood and Clair has moved back to town where Dexter lives so they get the chance to hang out again. And Clair is a little surprised to see how Dexter
Crystal
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute friends to lovers romance 😍 it is a slow burn, but nice and light reading. You know how sometimes after a super angsty read you need something lighter to make you smile? This is it!!
I loved Sinclair’s affection for words and language in general. Dexter is totally a hot nerd, but you can’t help but fall in love with how well he treats his best friend.

I found this author last year and instantly clicked with her writing style. I love her stand alone novels. I will continue to one-clic
Ree
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dex is the sweet, shy, geek-turned-hot-nerd who's been in love with his best friend, Sinclair for-freaking-ever. Little does he know: Sinclair is in love with him, too. As they witness each other falling for other persons, it galvanises them to finally be brave and admit their feelings for each other before it's too late.

I really liked this couple. Their story was sweet, with a chemistry and closeness that was so obvious. Their personalities, though different, really meshed well. There is humor,
Gizel Alvarez
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
More than words are actions

This story was longer than I expected and yet it was made better for it, thou our Hero Dexter got me so upset at some scenes, he made foolish decions than lead him to be a cinero of sorts.

Want the rest of my review check it out Reckless Readers Book Blog
Kari Hansen
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sinclair was the sweet, sexy and smart cheerleader while Dex was the nerdy teacher’s assistant. They couldn’t have been more different or better friends.

Two years later she is back in town and their friendship is stronger than ever. They have both had feelings for each other but never crossed that line but now that Cole, a sexy ballplayer, has been added to the mix will they realize that they are meant to be together or will they only ever be friends?

This is a fun and flirty friends to lovers st
Jessica Wannamaker
Only best friends

Dexter and Sinclair have known each other for years, they're best friends, they know each other through and through well except as more then friends.

Now is the time for them to move forward with their lives, to have a family, to have love.
But it takes a relationship with Tabitha and a relationship with Cole to get there. It takes a rendition of Cyrano de Bergerac and scrable to make it.

I really loved this story. It was very unique from other friends to lovers story I've read
Dawn Wells
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This was such a sweet and sexy story! I loved it so much and could not put it down, read it in one setting!
Sharrice
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Other Words, took me for a very fun ride. I was drawn in from the first page and I didn't come back out until I had finished the entire book.

Dexter and Sinclair had been best friends since college. They enjoy the same punny jokes and like the same food. They're also both in love with each other but neither of them knew it.

When Sinclair finally comes home after two years away Dexter finally thinks he has the chance to tell her how he feels, but he doesn't. Sinclair has loved Dexter a long tim
Hope Chance
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the First Book of Jennifer Woodhull that I Read and I Really enjoyed the Author's writing and the characters were fresh, and the story telling was smooth and I was not bored while reading it.

I would definitely read Jennifer Woodhull other books and recommend it to all readers.
Stephanie
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jock or the geek?

Nice storyline with good characters. I liked how the author used memories to give us more insight into the characters. Tugs at your heart with the emotional ups and downs.
Bookishly
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
This book was a little weird to me. Sometimes things would feel forced and purposely put there. Which, I mean I get, but I just think there are other ways to do it.

Dexter was super self-conscious. Which I GET! Like I feel that so hard. But, considering how Sinclair talked about him and how he himself felt about his business I would have thought he would have gotten further along in accepting himself. But he didn’t. That’s absolutely OK but it definitely took something away from the story.

The who
JOCA
Dec 29, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Loved the premise but I wasn't engaged by the writing style or the characters. This was a DNF for me.
Mandy
May 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST SAY SOMETHING
Tonya Weaver
Jun 06, 2019
YMK
rated it did not like it
May 13, 2019
Quasar
Feb 09, 2020
Coco
Oct 26, 2019

• Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • The (Secret) Baby
  • The Accidental Girlfriend
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • Choose Me
  • The Lineup
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
  • His Royal Highness
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • The Very Thought of You (Calamity Falls)
  • Baby Daddy (Irresistible Bachelors #8)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Sexy Filthy Boss (White Collar Brothers #1)
  • Baby Yours (Hunter & Lennon, #2; Roommate Duet, #2)
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • All I Ask
  • Jesse (Bossy Brothers, #1)
Jennifer Woodhull writes romance with heat, heart, and satisfying happily ever afters. Her titles include the popular friends-with-benefits romance, The Dating Alternative, second-chance romance The Last Virgin in Texas, and her entry into the Cocky Hero Club World, British Banger.

Jennifer currently lives in Tennessee with her real-life book boyfriend and their yellow lab, who can be more persuasi