Start by marking “Evening the Score (Out of the Park, #1)” as Want to Read:
Evening the Score (Out of the Park, #1)

Evening the Score

(Out of the Park #1)

Fiona Davis and Gideon Titan have nothing in common—except their mutual dislike of each other. But when they’re stuck coaching together for four months, each battle sparks flames, turning them into enemies with benefits…

Fiona Davis is an over-talkative college senior unsure what she wants to do with her life who volunteers to coach a baseball team at the suggestion of a ch
Published May 7th 2019 by Totally Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Evening the Score, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evening the Score

Start your review of Evening the Score (Out of the Park, #1)
Aly
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This was so entertaining to read! I enjoyed getting to know Fiona and Gideon and seeing them go from enemies to friends to lovers. Both have been through some hard times and have their own defense mechanisms to cope, Gideon is angry and has dug himself into a hole with his baseball career and Fiona avoids relationships to protect her heart. They bond over a love of baseball and the teen boys they're coaching and help each other open their hearts.
A well written story with good pacing, I didn't w
Michele
At the onset of this book, Gideon Titan is the epitome of the cocky, arrogant ball player that you want to hate. Meanwhile, Fiona Davis is the "do-gooder" who volunteers her time to raise awareness about texting and driving. They've been paired together to coach a youth baseball league. Gideon is instantly rude to Fiona in the hope that she'll quit and he can handle everything on his own. What he doesn't realize is that she will be a strong asset to have on his side.

Over time, Gideon learns more
Jo
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure about these two at the start - well, to be brutally honest, I wasn't sure about Gideon at the start.  He was most definitely NOT a nice person.  At all.  In fact, he was a sexist, arrogant bully.  And that's being polite.

And yet, what the author managed to do with her clever storytelling was to flip him.  Not in an obvious, jarring way, but rather in a more subtle unveiling.  And Fiona? Well, I liked her from the start.  She has a real passion in her that just shines off the page.
Caroline F
This was a fab enemies-to-lovers romance!

"I'm having a hard time calming down when someone I respected, admired and rooted for turns out to be the biggest prick I've ever met."

Fiona Davis is absolutely stoked to be assigned as co-coach to a teen baseball team with her crush, Gideon Titan. Until he turns out to be a massive a-hole who tries to make her quit, so he doesn't have to work with her. However, she won't be deterred and her spunkiness and sassiness gets under Titan's skin. Not to mention
J.V. Speyer
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hoo boy. Okay. First of all, I’ll be up front. I didn’t finish it. I couldn’t. I still gave it two martinis, though, because Snowe is a gifted storyteller. She created an incredible world, one I could see and smell and hear beyond the written page. I could feel the excitement of the boys on the page, and I could smell the stink of the locker room.

This isn’t easy. Snowe had a lot to unpack in this story, and she managed to do it without anything feeling cramped or shoehorned in. It was masterful
Megan Beasley
Dec 24, 2019 rated it liked it
A fun and cute read for anyone who is a baseball fan.

I enjoyed reading Gideon and Fiona's story overall. However, there were a couple of small things that really drew me out of the story. The writing flowed and was easy to read, but some details were where the book didn't fully work for me.

My biggest issue was with the baseball team. They are tasked with coaching 14-15-year-olds, but the kids read more in the 10-12 range. I found this hugely distracting because those scenes really shattered th
Donna
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Star Read

Overall, I enjoyed Gideon’s and Fiona’s story. These two had major chemistry and I loved their interactions while coaching, but man were they hard to like at times. Gideon is the prototypical pro athlete: attractive, a player on and off the field, and a misogynist who thought that women had no place in baseball. Add in the slow recovery from an injury and you’ve got a total douche. Fiona is a college senior who appears to have it all together but underneath all that confidence, you
gina
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not sure I could’ve liked this book anymore. I have been thinking about how my review could do this book justice, since this is only my 3rd book review I will try. I can’t not wait for more in this series or to read more books from this author. I will start by saying I love Fiona yes she has some issues that she needs to deal with but she is a kick ass chick who isn’t afraid to stand up for herself or go after what she wants or what she thinks she wants even if it turns out to be more than ...more
Siobhan (Bookish Vibes)
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jaqueline Snowe is a new author for me but after reading Evening the Score I will definitely be checking out some of her other work. I love a good enemies-to-lovers story and this one did not disappoint.

Gideon is pretty much an epic asshole to begin with and it leaves you wondering how on earth the author is going to get readers to connect with him. He is definitely not the “hero” that you instantly fall in love with. I love the way his character just slowly develops over the course of the book
Jackie Wright
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jacqueline Snowe is a new author to me but after reading this book that’s about to change. I really enjoyed this entertaining read about a high profile baseball player who is getting over an injury and a college senior who knows what she wants. Two very different people who are stuck together for the next four months coaching a high school baseball team.
Fiona has volunteered to coach the team because of a charity that’s close to her heart what she doesn’t expect is to butt heads with her co coac
Katherine S.
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars!

I have to say I was a little scared to start this one since this isn’t my first book by this author and I didn’t enjoy the one before. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Although there were a few things that annoyed me like:
- The heroine! I didn’t like the way she handled everything once real feelings started to show. In the beginning it worked really well with the push and pull with the hero but toward the end it was just annoying frustrating and very infuriating!
- The end! I
Lauren
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book. I thought it was funny, well paced, and had good dialogue.

You get to see the development and growth of each character as the book progresses. I like books that have dual POVs, I find it allows you to get to know each character better.

Whereas Gideon seemed to face his issues past and present, I was left wondering about Fiona’s guilt over events in her past. When those types of things are mentioned in a book there
Danielle Brinkman
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I picked this book up, I couldn't put it down. I loved the two main characters in this book. Gideon started out as an asshole but quickly turned into a swoon-worthy hero that I grew to love. Fiona is a tough as nails heroine when she first meets Gideon, but the more time they spend together, the more we get to know (and love) Fiona's other sides. Honestly, I loved their relationship from the start. Their constant witty banter and picking on each other set the scene for some explosive ...more
Bookworm Bells
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh this book.... what a read.
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
Quirky Fiona, brash, lovable, bit of a Tom boy maybe? I warmed to her, then really loved her by the end.

Gideon-complete arsehole!

However, you can kind of see why he’s such a cranky shit. This book was actually really funny. I loved the sparring between the pair and their chemistry was on fire!

It did take me a few chapter but I was hooked once I got into it. Great book, we’ll worth a read, very American-being eng
Kolbie Rudy
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book definitely kept me interested! Fiona shows the battle of a rough past affecting her pontetial future. She shows how hard it is to let someonenes in.

On the other hand, Gideon is patient and kind in her healing process. That wasn’t without some anger at first, but once getting to know Fiona, he realizes there is a lot more to her than he initially thought.

Though their fall into each other seemed hasty and quick (hating each other one minute, then taking a ride on a motorcycle a minute la
Fiona Keane
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give 100 stars because I am obsessed with this story!

I could not put this book down!! It is absolutely one of the best romances I have read in a long time, and I’m so thankful to have found this story and its author! I was hooked at the first page and was so invested in Fiona/Gideon.

Jaqueline’s way with words had me enthralled on every page. The pace, the romance, the steeeeeeaaaaam (😍🔥), her stunning way to describe characters, and the dialogue had me feeling like I was right the
Brianna
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book! This is the first Jaqueline Snowe book I have read so I had no idea what to expect but I was not disappointed. It's on the shorter side of books that I usually read so it felt like a very nice quick read, even though it's a decent length and really not that short lol. I loved the sport aspect and reading about the support and judgement that Fiona gets for coaching a teenage baseball team. It's definitely worth the read! Oh, also, it's super hot and I love it.
Sasha
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ree
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this enemies-to-lovers romance.

Jaqueline Snowe took a potentially idiotic hero and turned him into a hot-hole. She gave enough backstory to help understand where Gideon's pain came from, and redeemed him. I liked Fiona almost immediately. Her passion for good deeds and life was endearing, and I liked how confident she was.

I definitely would love to read more of this series, and more from Ms. Snowe.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Tori Kron
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? Hot, hot, hot! Evening The Score is a fun, sexy read!

Due to their strong dislike, I wasn’t sure about the main characters at the start, but I grew to love them both! And once the relationship starts burning, the heat is undeniable! And while the language and sex are explicit, the story also delves deeper into the emotional layers that come with dating and a relationship which I appreciated.

Overall, this book is a home run!
Zara Linden
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Stacy Stewart
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written and humorous, the author does a good job of bring home several tough subjects along with a well paced and engaging romantic plot. Both of the main characters had strong faults and things to over come, but were adorable together.
Jenna  Price
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the chemistry between Fiona & Gideon. Characters are genuine & authentic, especially since the author knows baseball. Very entertaining to read!! ...more
Marit
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this take on a sport’s romance where the two leads have to work together with kids. There was plenty of steam and banter between Gideon and Fiona which made for a fun and sexy read.
Melissa
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this book is one that i cant put down for sure i want it in my hands...
Vivienne
Really 2.5. Don’t mnd the HFN but seemed to end quite abruptly.
Anie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
received from Xpresso Book Tours

I love it!

It's one of my favorite kind of romances, where they hate each other at first, but grow to friendship and love. :)

She is senior at college, unsure of what she wants after graduation and he is a famous baseball player, recovering after injury. When they get stuck together coaching the kids, they are both extremely unhappy with that. They hate each other at first, but after weeks of working together, they start to become friends and maybe even more. But wi
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four and a Half Stars ⭐️
This was my first book by Jaqueline Snowe and I say, color me impressed! I absolutely loved reading Gideon and Fiona’s love story. From start to finish this book drew me in and kept me interested. Gideon is an injured pro baseball player with a huge chip on his arrogant shoulder. He is equal parts sexy and grousy but deep down you can’t help but love him. Fiona is complicated. An incredibly beautiful woman with a tragic past that weighs heavily on her. These two very dif
Rachel Marie
May 09, 2019
Ester
May 22, 2019

• What I really Need
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Game Changer (Change of Hearts, #1)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • The Game You Play (Rixon Raiders, #2)
  • So, That Got Weird (So Far, So Good, #1)
  • Pride and Pleasure
  • Part Time Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #1)
  • Almost Perfect
  • Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • Brady F**king Witter
  • The Fix (The Carolina Connections, #1)
  • Undercover Barmaid
  • Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons, #2)
  • Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3)
  • Love Lettering
Jaqueline Snowe lives in Arizona where the "dry heat" really isn't that bad. She prefers drinking coffee all hours of the day and snacking on anything that has peanut butter or chocolate. She is the mother to two fur-babies who don’t realize they aren’t humans and a new mom to the sweetest baby boy. She is an avid reader and writer of romances and tends to write about athletes. Her husband works f ...more