Start by marking “Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key” as Want to Read:
Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key

Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key

As if life isn’t already complicated when you have to sneak out a magical side door and enter a different century just to get to school each morning. And now Silent has to figure out what happened to her beloved Aunt Generous, the woman who raised her—which would be complicated enough even if the CIA agents in black SUVs weren’t chasing her—but they definitely are!
Published April 30th 2019 by Webster Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key

Gmr
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Silent is just as her name states...silent. It's not that she doesn't speak, she just doesn't waste her words, and much prefers living in the side door world as opposed to the front door. Silent learned of this world from her Auntie Generous and happily lived with her, exploring this and that world, while expanding her knowledge base and skills beyond what you or I would know. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the breaking of a few rules is nothing when faced with the greater tragedy that could u ...more
Fyre.Katz
May 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Didn't like it.
Steff
Raahi did not like it when his classmates called him a bookworm. Bookworms ate books--they didn't read them.

Where do I begin with Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key by Alex Hiam? The truth is, I'm feeling very middle of the road about this book, despite having fallen completely in love with that title. A part of me is certain that there are quite a number of children who will very much enjoy the tale of a young girl called Silent who alternates her life between the world of the Si
ernest.bookingway
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blog | Bookstagram | Twitter

My rating: ☆☆☆☆☆

Review:
I received Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key by Alex Hiam from Smith Publicity to read and review for my honest opinion. Since this novel has such a long title, I will be shortening it to just Silent Lee.

Silent Lee is about a young girl about the age of fourteen named Silent Lee, (she prefers Sie). Sie has been living in the Side Door world majority of her life.

A note on the Side Door world and the Front Door world:
Side Door worl
Jenn Belden
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
*thanks to the author who provided me with a copy of the book via Smith Publicity*

Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key is the first entry in author Alex Hiam's new Silent Lee series. This is a delightful novel with a spunky, resourceful, strong-willed heroine that I believe fans of Harry Potter (and in particular, Hermione Granger) will enjoy.

We meet Silent Lee in the attic of her Great Aunt Gen's house, the home where Silent Lee had grown up while her mother traveled the world. Bu
Beyond the Pages
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Monica
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Silent exists in two worlds. The modern(front door) world and a century old(side door) world. She has been raised by her Great Aunt Generous in the ways of the side door world. When her mother shows up to take her away for a couple of days her aunt ‘dies’ and thus starts Silent’s adventures. She is sent to live with cousins and attends a modern school with new technology. She receives a mysterious note from her aunt indicating she has not died and is instead being held captive. This leads Silent ...more
Rosie Rizk
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are two worlds - our modern one, with noisy traffic and confusing technology, and there's the other world, living in an alternate past, with magic and alchemy, and is only accessible through certain side doors.

Sie, the MC, was more used to living in the alternate world, but she has to adjust and work her way around the modern world in order to help someone in need, and to keep the alternate world safe.

I liked all the magic, the "weaving" of spells, and the idea of an alternate magical wor
Wensday
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This story was fun to read and was hard to put down. The author invites you into Silent Lee's worlds and you really see and feel the story. I am looking forward to more stories with Silent Lee.

I received this ebook via NetGalley for my honest opinion.
Julie Williams