Start by marking “The Coincidence” as Want to Read:
The Coincidence

The Coincidence

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 225 pages
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Coincidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Coincidence

Bev
As much as I loved seeing Eli and Coby fall for each other, I really struggled with the slow pacing of the first half of the book. They hadn't even met each other by a third of the way through!

I enjoyed it way more once the pace picked up in the second half.

Cadiva
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is simply beautiful.

Buried deep is a story of traumatic loss reaching back to the Second World War, when Nazi Germany was determined to wipe out anything that didn't conform to its twisted ideals and whole communities were wiped out in moments.

Felice Stevens draws on her own family history to give this gorgeous romance, between two Jewish men brought up in wildly different circumstances, a pathos that isn't often found in narratives of this type and it adds layers of feeling.

Coby and
Debra
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Coincidence is another wonderful example of what I’ve come to expect from a Felice Stevens romance. Two men who deserve to be happy, finally overcoming their obstacles with help from friends and family, with a surprise or two along the way.

Coby is determined not to get stuck in another bad relationship and to take things slow in the future. Eli is finally ready to be true to himself and start dating men, doing his best to tamp down the hurt over his awful father’s never-ending list of why h
Chris
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This was pure romance, sweet and warm. Two guys longing for someone to love. Both with fears and vulnerability but blessed with a supportive person by their sides who loves them completely and encourages them to trust their heart. Just a nice happy book.
Felice Stevens
Mar 20, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Coincidence is live and in Kindle unlimited for three months! Eli and Coby's story means everything to me! I hope you enjoy it.
Universal link:
mybook.to/TheCoincidence
Amazon US: http://bit.ly/The-Coincidence
Amazon UK: http://bit.ly/TheCoincidenceUK
Lelyana
I believe that The Coincidence is Felice's most personal story, at least, some of Eli and Coby's background were very close to reality.
Eli and Coby met in a very modern way, online dating site. Who knows, that coincidence by coincidence happened after they get to know each other better.
Do you believe in fate? I do. Universe has a funny way to make anything happen the way it supposed to happen. No matter where we are, or what we do, fate will make it work.
The Coincidence is a sweet and adorable
AnnMarie
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Coincidence is a standalone book by Felice Stevens. It is the first book that I have read by this author, and I am happy to say that I am glad that I branched out from my usual favourite genres to try this one.

Cody has recently broken up with his boyfriend of 12 months. He thought they were doing great and even asked his BF to move in with him. The guy refused, said they wanted different things and finished with Cody. Still hurting Cody is convinced by friends and family that the best way to
Mercedes
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really impressed with this story. Hate to sound fucking condescending but I feel Felice Stevens has come a long way from the first time I read one of her stories more than three years ago.
booklover
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**ARC RECEIVED FOR HONEST REVIEW**
Coby and Eli have not had or got easy lives. One has a father who thinks he's a disappointment, and no matter how well he does, it's never good enough for his father. If only his father knew about his sexuality......The other, while openly gay, feels that, due to as last boyfriend, he's good enough to be a boyfriend, that it's his fault his ex couldn't stay faithful.
What follows is quite a fantastic story of fate, a fate which neither could have expected!!
This
Siobhan
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve become quite the Felice Stevens fan, happily diving into each new release. With each book, Felice Stevens offers a romance that is incredibly sweet whilst also dealing with a real-life factor. With The Coincidence, we have exactly what I expected from my most recent Felice Stevens read, meaning I was not disappointed by the story I was given.

The Coincidence sucked me in from the very first page, and although it took a while before our characters were interacting, I was sucked into their ind
Funzee Shu

“It’s more than a coincidence. It’s fate.”

The universe works in mysterious ways and nothing is coincidence if the universe want it….

🍀🍀🍀

Coby and Eli are stranger lived in a city of eight million people, but them serial coincidences happen to them in a very unique and unbelievable way that lead them to the one true love of their life…

“You need to find somebody to love who’ll love you back the way you deserve. You need someone to care about you...”

After break up with his ex, Coby made a promi
Bo
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Wow! From a Super Author

This one absolutely requires that you read the blurb because its plot contains an extremely sensitive coincidence that may upset some people whose ancestors were caught up in the Holocaust. Even though I am not Jewish (but still a New Yorker who grew up in the years following World War II) I was hesitant to read the book even though Felice Stevens is one of my favorites. But I decided to plunge ahead.

And I could not put it down.

There are other coincidences in this
Jenn's Book Obsession
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely, super cute read.

Felice Stevens is one of my top five MM authors. Her characters and stories are always relatable to real life situations and depicts real life struggles in the LGBTQ community. Yes, some people love to read to escape reality and while I myself love that as well, there is just something in the way that this author delivers her stories that just touches your soul.

Eli and Coby's journey will do exactly that. You can feel the raw emotions and utter sadness from Eli a
Stephanie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is by far my favorite book by Felice Stevens!! I just love Eli and Cody so much!! This is just an amazing angsty read that had me feel so many emotions. I was happy one moment then wanting to cry in the corner. Felice Stevens you have just an amazing job with this book that I can't tell you much I love it.
Dee
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Coincidence is Felice Stevens’s best book yet! It is so well written and drew me in from the first page. I enjoyed how Felice set up the background story for each MC separately. She introduces readers to their friends, families, and history before bringing them together. As a result, I found myself invested in their happiness and rooting for them. Once they finally meet, under an interesting coincidence, they hit it off quickly. They enjoy each other’s company and humor, in addition to an un ...more
JD Crittendon
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Being the True You is Always Enough!

Serendipity, historical tragedies and best friends makes this story of Coby & Eli intriguing and sweet. I liked the MCs, the premise and the side characters. The good writing and storytelling has me recommending this ebook.
Mia Sciberras
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story, I loved it's gentle pacing, the belief that the MC's build on one another, the beauty of their family and friends and the way their love grows.

I adore that Felice continues to stay true to her roots and brings such wonderful characters into our lives, ones who happen to be Jewish and have stories to tell.

I love how important the theme of family is in this story, and how time helps heal wounds. Coby and Eli are a delight together. I really appreciate that what angst is in t
Jennifer Reilley
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE COBY AND ELI. Yes that me screaming.

Coby is single again and only ever had bad relationships. Eli is lovely and figuring out who he really is. There are so many coincidences these two have that they discover

Eli has the best brother, sister in law and niece and nephew. Coby has an awesome best Friend. Together they all make the best family for these men

These guys were so sweet and caring. Considerate of the others feelings and just trying to learn their way through their relationship.

Th
Barbara Ingram
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
💥💫💥💫💥5 Truly Beautiful Stars💫💥💫💥💫

"This time, with this guy, I think you've finally got it right."

I look forward to every new story by Felice Stevens and while they are all terrific, this one was extra special. Two different men, two totally different backgrounds, two different life experiences. Coby, out and proud, great family, personal shopper at Barney's. Eli, hiding his true self, hateful father, loves his job as a Supreme Court officer. When Coby's best friend sets him up on a dating websit
Cee Brown
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
review to come.
Sandy S
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 21, 2019

Nice guys always finish last, and Coby Epstein is sick and tired of being last. After his boyfriend dumps him, Coby vows to take it slow and not jump into another relationship, no matter what his ninety-five-year-old great aunt says. When Coby sees his ex has moved on, he goes on a series of disastrous first dates and swears off men, determined to be alone. His best friend disagrees and finds the “perfect man” for him online and arranges a
Jay
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance, kebb
Merriam-Webster defines coincidence as “the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection”; as well as defining fate as “the will or principle or determining cause by which things in general are believed to come to be as they are or events to happen as they do”. These words encapsulate the essence of The Coincidence by Felice Stevens.

Coby Epstein, a personal shopper at Barneys, thinks his life is perfect. That is until his boyfriend decides they w
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a city filled with millions of people, is it a coincidence or fate that brings two soulmates together?

The Coincidence is quintessential Felice Stevens.... Totally New York and completely Jewish!! Felice went back to her Jewish roots with this one and it paid off!
I laughed, I swoon and I smiled A LOT!

Eli and Coby's road to love was beautiful and emotional. Two wonderful men who had their own set of baggage holding them back from true happiness....

Eli Kaplan is gentle, kind and considerate. H
Carra
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can always count on this author for a solid romance, and that is just as valid here with The Coincidence as all of her other books that I’ve read. There’s a few different elements to this one—for Eli it’s coming out, virgin, first time with another man, and a difficult relationship with his parents; and for Coby it’s getting over an ex and trying not to to fall in love so quickly again. And to add an extra touch, there’s some serious family history on both sides that comes into play.

I really e
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I really enjoyed this story. It is a wonderful combination of cute, sexy, romantic and family focussed. As we discover the immediate reason for the title, and then the deeper one, we get an insight into family stories that had been long buried. But Tante brings them back so vividly that it is easy to believe the distress she first feels on meeting Eli. Beautifully written, and so impactful on all the Kaplan family member
Marcia
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!! Felice Stevens is an absolutely amazing writer. I absolutely love her stories and The Coincidence was yet another story for me to fall in love with. I always know when I pick up a Felice Stevens novel that I am going to get a heartwarming, emotionally gripping, and family/friends-oriented story that will take to the many hidden treasures that NYC has offer, and The Coincidence did not let me down. I fell in love with Coby and Eli, and their journey to happiness, which was not an easy ...more
Angie
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

This was a heartfelt book. I laughed, cried and really felt the emotions in this book. The author states that some of the story is based off her family history and that made the book even more interesting in my opinion. Colby and Eli are so cute. You can't help but fall in love with them. Each of them has their own baggage and emotions of feeling like they aren't enough but they are enough and they are perfect for each other. There was an
Lisa
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What an amazing story of love & forgiveness. There is so much more to this book than you get from the blurb, and it really resonated with me. There were so many personal connections I was able to make with this book, and it made it even easier for me to love Eli, Cody & their friends and family. The book was extremely well written with characters you fall in love with immediately. I read the entire book in one sitting and didn't want to say goodbye, even when I finished it. An amazi ...more
Sylvia
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75☆

Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending just around the corner. Her characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

She lives in New York City with her husband and two children. Her day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass (or two) of red wine. She’s