Start by marking “Software Quality Engineering: Tales From The Trenches” as Want to Read:
Software Quality Engineering: Tales From The Trenches

Software Quality Engineering: Tales From The Trenches

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
First of all, I have to say that I absolutely love being a Quality Engineer, something that I have been doing for a living for the last 11 years of my life! During these 11 years, I have had the pleasure (yes, pleasure!) of being tossed around, torn to pieces and thrown at a lot of scary and difficult situations in the world of software testing!

Armed only with a strong
Kindle Edition
Published March 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Software Quality Engineering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Software Quality Engineering

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Software Quality Engineering: Tales From The Trenches
Joe Baltimore
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I worked with Og for 3 years at rPath. I was the sole (and therefore Lead) Windows Engineer on our product line. Og was in Quality Engineering and I was in Development Engineering. There was no divisive line drawn between us. Og is an amazing person to be anywhere near. His enthusiasm and positive energy are infectious to any team. He always wants to know how he can help advance the cause every day.

Even when we did have late nights at the office on some rush to get a release certified, Og remain
Peter Savage
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Software Quality Engineering: Tales from the Trenches approaches the complex nature of defining and solidifying the mindset required to be successful in the Quality Engineering world. The book starts off with a very strong introduction to the world of Software Engineering. What it is and conversely what it is not. This helps frame the rest of the book, which comprises of an anecdotally rich journey, bordering on biographical, which serves to reinforce the ideas and concepts put across at the ver ...more
Guilherme Baufaker Rêgo

• Artificial Life: A Report from the Frontier Where Computers Meet Biology
  • Anji & Me
  • The Bear and the Piano
  • Emblem Divide: [10 yr Anniversary Revised Edition]
  • 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works
  • The Andromeda Strain (Andromeda, #1)
  • The Girl of Ink and Stars
  • A Pocketful of Stars
  • Games People Play
  • A máquina do ódio: Notas de uma repórter sobre fake news e violência digital
  • Abuso: A cultura do estupro no Brasil
  • Estação Carandiru
Og Maciel is a Director of Quality Engineering for Red Hat Management QE and has spent the last 8+ years building a team of Black Belt Quality Engineers responsible for automating complex systems and delivering quality products through the use of continuous delivery processes.

In his spare time, he enjoys reading, watching ice hockey, and spending time with his wife and three daughters.

News & Interviews