Start by marking “Last Loose End” as Want to Read:
Last Loose End

Last Loose End

Australian secret agent Cole Pearson never could stay out of it.

Now he is AWOL and on the run with Sean Trammel, analyst for mining giant ARBUS dodging killers and cut off from help as he never is overseas. As they try to uncover the reasons behind the attack on Sean, Cole unexpectedly realises that he has reasons purely personal and increasingly physical for wantin
Published May 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Last Loose End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Loose End

Nat ReadingAllNite
3.5 shaky stars

I’m leaving it at 3.5 because I did like that there was a lot of action and villains and motives weren’t always guessed easily. A promising debut, if less than satisfactory in execution but decent writing skills. This is not a romance btw, it’s not the focus, although it happens...eventually. I did like that the sudden sexuality shift isn’t fodder for excess drama and sex scenes are sparse, which I didn’t mind.

Too many scenes become almost repetitive as the men travel back and f
Ingrid
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I had a great time reading this book. It is not perfect but I enjoyed it immensely. I could not wait to get reading again.
The story is a bit long and a bit farfetched and could have shorter I think but then again I like long books and it is entertaining.
Loved the way the relationship develops, slowly but steadily. If you want hot, heavy and steamy look elsewhere. Sex is very low key almost fade to black.
Becca
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants book. It takes you on an 'adventure’, for sure. If you want to call it that. I'm know the MCs didn't think it was so fun. It was such a good read, though. This is my first time reading this author and after this I definitely want to read more.
After being in some serious trouble at work, Cole has been put on a probationary period. And surveillance is his job. After sitting, watching for quite a few hours, he sees something that is very suspicious
E.
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“Last Loose End” by K.R. Allen centers around Cole Pearson, who impulsively rescues Sean Trammel and lands right in the middle of a dangerous and confusing op where all of the “rules” are being ignored and the goal is to stay alive. Things are complicated by Sean’s ignorance of why killers are after him and his reluctance to comply with this mysterious and sexy man who is much too deadly and proficient at dealing with all of the horror that his life has become.

T
Kirstin
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This ended up being a really fun read. It landed somewhere between intense action and silly comedy, providing a solid read.

Cole Pearson is on a stakeout as a secret agent for the Australian government. While he's watching a building he sees what looks to be men with guns entering across the street. Taking the chance, he heads in and rescues Sean Trammel, who had no idea what was happening, just that he was being shot at.

Now the two are on the run together, tryin
Aussie54
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I really liked this book, despite some over-the-top action. It was a bit long, and could’ve used some editing. There’s a gay-for-you story line, which I don’t usually mind, but this time I felt it would’ve been nice if Cole had had some bi-sexuality included in his background.

However, the pacing was terrific, and the characters likeable. The positives far outweighed the negatives – I raced through it, finding it hard to put down. (view spoiler) ...more
Kathryn Manzella
Last Loose End by K R Allen is a fast paced but lengthy story that combines action, suspense and slow burn romance. The story intrigued me and kept me engaged. The characters were interesting.... I liked the interactions between Cole and Sean and found their romantic evolution sweet. Very thrilling and satisfying read.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.
Anne Barwell
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, m-m
4.5 stars rounded up.

One of the reasons I picked up this book was that it was set in Brisbane, and I enjoy different settings, and especially references to locations and culture down under. The other was that I enjoy a well written action drama. The story doesn’t disappoint on either of those points. I found the setting very easy to visualise, well described, but not overly so, and it felt very real.

The action part of the story starts immediately, and I thought it was very much a ro
Carra
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you’re the type of reader who likes spy stories that can be a bit drawn out, have high body counts, and can be a bit over the top…you’ll find that here in Last Loose End. There’s the requisite spy guy who gets caught up in something outside of his expected duties; an innocent bystander who doesn’t understand why the bad guys are after him; cloak and dagger games abound; and maybe a touch of romance? This is one of those books where a pros and cons review will better help me get my thoughts do ...more
Anabela.M.
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maria Vickers
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read the blurb, I was intrigued but wasn't sure what to expect with this book. I have to say, I was more than pleasantly surprised by this read. MM plus spies plus intrigue plus suspense makes one heck of a story. And if you like action, you will get it here! Let's not forget that there is also some romance in this story as well.

Great and interesting characters - check. Plotline that will have you turning page after page - check. Story that leaves you breathless and slightly drained - ch
Elle
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What did I like ... almost everything what did I dislike that it ended on a HFN! It's the first book I've read from this author and will definitely be looking for more. Got to admit that it was a bit on the long side and very much over the top, but the action was spectacular, and I enjoyed the story very much.

It was such a great read, easy to lose myself into it and enjoy the action packed ride. The relationship between Cole and Sean was very slow burn, but that didn't take away from
Dara Nelson
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-blog
This was a bit over the top and drawn out but if you can hang with it, you'll be glad you did. It centers around Detective Cole Pearson who's on a stakeout and sees something happening in a nearby building. Going on his gut instinct, he goes in, rescues Sean Trammel and is pulled into a dangerous (and sometimes confusing) case with the only rule being 'stay alive'
It's an intense m/m thriller that is worth it in the end.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Thrilling! Fast-paced and full of action. I absolutely loved it. The story reminded me of a James Bond movie! It was fun and exciting to read. I enjoyed the characters and how their relationship developed over the course of the novel.
Heidi Trobbiani
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Fast-paced, funny and gripping. I love this author's sense of humor that she injects into all her books. Looking forward to a sequel/series for more of Cole.
Jenny Edwards
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read. This fast paced gripping tale kept me entertained. There are few books now that keep me so engrossed - I didn’t want to put it down. The characters are engaging and I was invested in their developing relationship. I particularly enjoyed reading the chase through familiar areas of South-east Queensland. Highly recommend this read.
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever