Start by marking “Scar (Ink Trilogy Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Scar (Ink Trilogy Book 3)

Scar

(Skin Books #3)

NK taught Leora that all was not what it seems on the surface.
SPARK taught her that there are two sides to every story.
Now Leora has had enough of lessons - she wants to make her own story.

The explosive finale to the best-selling INK trilogy sees Leora struggling to reconcile her past and her future - and recognising that there may be no easy answers.

Published April 4th 2019 by Scholastic Fiction

To ask other readers questions about Scar, please sign up.
Recent Questions

Steph
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve waited SO LONG for this book. And my god it did not disappoint. There are scenes of GENUINE shock. I cried at the end. I hated Longsight SO MUCH. This book rounds off the trilogy so well and I’m so proud of how far Leora came. There’s SO MUCH about this story I can’t wait to shout about.
Rissa
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I didnt feel like this added or took anything away from the initial two books.
We see Leora figuring out how to use her abilities to the best of her ability while being captured and having to take sides.
Carla
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So I finished this in one afternoon which is usually a great sign but with this not really.
It's still a stunning book cover, but just so much thinner than the last ones. My first reaction was honestly: well if it only took this many pages to finish the story, couldn't it have been a slightly thicker duology?
The book also feels like nothing happens and like the plot is rushed all in one. None of the characters get any further development really, it's just a sequence of weird dream-like actions,
Charlotte Burns
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow. This book is the perfect ending to the trilogy. I am in love.

Full review to follow.
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
3.5 stars (goodreads, when will you finally give us half stars? WHEN?!)

"I told the girl that I loved my scars. And I do. My scars tell my story more clearly than any ink."

Scar is the final book in this trilogy, and before I get into my review I once again have to point out how absolutely stunning those covers are. I'm so in love!!
Scar was a good conclusion to the trilogy. It is a rather short book, but that's ok, because this way, it's not trying to be something it isn't. This trilogy is a littl
Sharath S
description

When your body is 'Ink'ed, presence of 'Spark' is not always welcomed until the same is turned against your will into a unforgivable and unforgettable 'SCAR'

Story :

What if you can't have any secrets in your life...
What if whatever you do will be openly given out to public without filters...
That's what this book is about...

Ink is the story about this dystopian world where all your actions right from your birth till death is Inked on your body. Right hand is inked with your achievements, ba
Darby Cupid
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final instalment of the Ink Trilogy picks up right where we left off in the second book. It wraps up the story well, keeping you guessing until the end.
Stef White
This series just went abit downhill for me. I loved Ink so much. It was amazing and different and I devoured it in one sitting. Spark was strange and felt like a gap filler for the next book so I was excited to see where we ended up after that one but this was just a let down. Nothing majorly happens. I feel like it was all rushed but there was nothing to it. I'm just disappointed.
Gry-Johanne
Well i have to say, the ending wasnt that satisfying to me. Alot of buildup to very little. And even if the book do have a moral story to be told it just ended up being a bit anticlimatic.
Ella
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. It was such a nice ending to the trilogy (though the first book is my favourite).
NMFN
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing conclusion to the trilogy. Some parts really broke me, this story had so much more to it than I was expecting. I am in awe of the world Alice Broadway has created, I loved all the tales and fairytales woven into the story and the constant question in which story to believe.
Rebecca Pike
A good read. Did feel like the ending was a touch rushed
Becky Lee
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I read the first book (Ink) when it came out and instantly fell in love. I hadn’t even realised the third one was in production yet, let alone being sold when I came across it in Waterstones!
This was a long wait but it was worth the wait.
I have to admit, some parts were a bit gruesome for me but I got by.
The writing is so beautiful and well thought out. I can’t even describe how good it is.
This was a stunning conclusion. Not happily ever after but not terrible either. It’s just realistic,
Harrison Lamb
Great setup, disappointing execution.

Ink was alluring but left something to be desired. Spark was brilliant and left me itching to read the third book... And Scar? To be honest, it's a bit of a disappointment.

This one starts out strong, picking up from the moment where we left Leora in book two. How in the hell is Longsight alive? What will happen to Sana's plans to wage war with the marked, now that their leader is back? These are the questions that spearhead the story.

There is room for a lot o
Liam
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scar is brilliant, beautiful, emotional, thought-provoking and powerful.

For me, this is a trilogy about faith. Ink creates a faith based almost exclusively around the dead, the judging of them and the remembrance of them. Spark shows a very different faith, one with more of a Catholic feel to it, with its emphasis on sin, redemption and sacrifice.
Scar takes a step back, and looks at faith, politics and power in a wider sense. It is about the fear of the 'other', how and why we feel threatened by
Jean Kirby
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book three in this fantasy/ dystopian trilogy. I wish I had read books one and two more recently, as I found the beginning a bit confusing as I struggled to recall who was who and what had happened previously. I think it would have benefited from a recap at the start.
Having said this, the reader is soon caught up in the excitement of this thriller as you desperately want everything to come good, but have a sinking feeling that it won't. It is impossible to guess what will happen next wit
Nikki
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are parts of Scar I absolutely adored - it has a really lovely moral and I especially loved the relationship between Leora and Mel in this.

However, there were parts that felt a little rushed too - the mayors story, and the ongoing saga of the main antagonist from either side. There was also a moment with Gull, who I loved, that didn’t really make sense and we don’t get to see any backstory for her on that.

The overall story has probably my favourite feel of all three books though - it fee
Molly Jane Smith
Sabrina
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booktails
Being part of both sides is so hard for Leora, she doesn't truly belong in either one as there are those who think her a traitor or spy in both towns. She's tired of being held up as an example, both for good or bad. But she also has allies on both sides and with her knowledge growing she needs to find the strength deep inside her to try and unite the towns.
I love the way the stories are told, and particularly the comparison of stories from the different sides - the same but opposite.
I enjoyed t
Lyndsay
The first book in this trilogy, Ink, was OK for me. I enjoyed it and really liked the idea behind it. Ink wasn't my best read but I was intrigued enough to pick the second up. So then came Spark and I loved it, the growth and the detail were great. Scar is the third instalment and i was so looking forward to it. Unfortunately I was hugely disappointed .... it's a lot thinner than the first 2 and there are a large number of empty or half filled pages. I found the storyline rushed and not enough d ...more
Nina
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
4.5/5 stars

I'm so so sad that this story is now over but I had such a great time reading it.

The third book wrapped it all up so well and had you guessing how and what might happened to the very last page.
I adored Leora all throughout this story and it's no different in the last installment. She's a wonderful character and I personally learnt alot from her.

Not sure if this is only my wishful thinking but the ending felt like there might be another book/a compainion series coming.

MR I
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. I thoroughly enjoyed this series of books, the story-line and the character developments.

I actually forgot a lot of what happened in the first two books when I eventually read this one, but there are a few reminders along the way which helped. I would love to see these books turned into a Netflix 10 part series or something. I don't think the story lends itself that well to a movie but I could see it being a really good TV show.
Wickie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book, and looks extremely nice together with the other two volumes on my shelf.

However the story was not all too satisfying this time. For me there were too many links to christian religion. And the main character Leora also felt like a twig swept away by an enormous stream. I think, after what happened to her she might be as "damaged" as Katniss Everdeen was after three times Hunger Games.
Anne-Wil
I liked this book. It was a conclusion to the triology. But that is all of it, I think. This book felt rushed and incomplete. I feel like there were gaps in it and I feel like parts of the story are missing. I wanted more, but I didn’t get it. I do however like that the love story was in the background, because it should be in this story.
Sophie
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, trilogies, own, 2019
That was quite an abrupt ending..

(view spoiler)
Thirsa
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, ebook
Ooh man, I loved this conclusion. It wraps up nice enough in a way that will leave you also to draw your own conclusions. I missed the world building a bit, however the plot driven story made up for it. I highly recommend this series to every one looking for a quick interesting read with an original concept to it.
Bex
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This trilogy brings together much of the previous books (as you would expect) with somewhat of a moral and hopeful finish. Lies are exposed, but the end is still not every end neatly tied up (I like that)... I got a little confused sometimes about who’s supposed to be good/bad - but maybe that’s the point!!
Beth Knight
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gorgeous conclusion to a stunning trilogy. Highly recommended. Who are we when our faith and foundation is so completely shaken is so beautifully explored by Broadway in this series. I couldn't get enough.
Kora Kaos
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a perfect ending... Couldn't wait to receive it and almost couldn't manage to put it down while reading. It's vague at parts, but it carries hope. And love. And understanding for the otherness of those who are not like us. Actually there should be more books like this in times like ours..
Korie
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This book was an okay ending to the trilogy. It wrapped up pretty quickly, however i feel like there was not much development within this book. It came and it ended, although I am glad I read the entire series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »