Start by marking “Encircled” as Want to Read:
Encircled

Encircled

Experience six of the world's most beloved stories in a whole new light! From historical to futuristic, these retellings will take you to an enchanted forest, a cursed castle, and far beyond. Uncover secrets of a forbidden basement, a hypnotic gift, and a mysterious doll. Fall in love with a lifelong friend or brand-new crush. Venture to unknown lands on a quest to save a ...more
Published April 16th 2019 by Kydala Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Encircled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Encircled

Pris
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Encircled is a wonderful anthology that brings together six authors' fairytale retellings. Believe me, it's been masterfully done. Upon opening this book you'll find this quote in the Introduction: "You hold in your hands [the authors'] finished product. Encircled is the culmination of nearly two years of writing, editing, dreaming, and hard work.", to which my only thought was "I'm honored, people!". Thus, I hope the following review (more like, my thoughts on each story) does it justice.

Edged
Allie May
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wrote an in depth review on my blog (http://alliemayauthor.com/2019/04/09/...), but I figured I’d give a bit about each story here.

Edged in Silver 3/5 stars—My least favorite of the anthology. The MC didn’t seem to have any choice in what happened, and all the action happened offscreen. The premise was interesting, though. Just seemed an odd choice for the first story.

A Heart’s Desire 4/5 stars—Loved the set up, and I found the characters interesting. The backstory was rich and established a gre
Katherine Brown
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing and imaginative fairy tale retellings. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the stories by these talented authors. The characters came to life before me, and the tales didn't disappoint.
Teisha Priest
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I typically expect that one or two stories in an anthology like this won't be to my taste, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed them all! Even the retellings of fairy tales that I'm not a fan of like Snow White and The Nutcracker were fun to read because of the creative spin.

The two sci fi stories were naturally my favorites, but I also took a shine to the retelling of Beauty and the Beast, and the twist at the end.

Great anthology for fairy tale and speculative fiction fans alik
Ginger Solomon
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Each of these stories enchanted me in different ways. Though I had never heard/read some of the original fairy tales, that didn't stop me from enjoying them just the same.

I received this book from the authors for the purpose of review. The above is my honest opinion.
Janeen Ippolito
Apr 11, 2019
Jebraun Clifford
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Laurie Lucking
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Abigail Ford
Rachelle Stables Smith
Laura A. Grace
DeVorah
Donna
Iola
Nikki H
Tori V.
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Serethiel ☽ ✨
Mar 26, 2019
Faida orrie
Mar 28, 2019
S.E. Clancy
Apr 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Nicki
is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2019
J.M. Hackman
Apr 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
E.J. Kitchens
Apr 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Lucette Nel